Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,387 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Season kicks off on Friday next away to our owl friends St Pat's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Season kicks off on Friday next away to our owl friends St Pat's

Is the squad confirmed now? Last update on the website was a match report of a friendly on Feb 1st.

Last year's players are still up on the team section.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Muttley79

Brian Murphy between the sticks.a really good signing.brings plenty of experience with him.waterford has the back bone of a good team.hopefully a few of the younger signings can have a good season and could possibly push for a top 4 finish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

Adrian Flanagan posting online last night stating that another "Murphy" maybe signing. i presume he is suggesting Daryl?

Muttley79 wrote: »
    Brian Murphy between the sticks.a really good signing.brings plenty of experience with him.waterford has the back bone of a good team.hopefully a few of the younger signings can have a good season and could possibly push for a top 4 finish

Excellent signing - but interesting to see if it's him or Tadhg Ryan who ends up starting.

• Advertisement

Gardner wrote: »
    Adrian Flanagan posting online last night stating that another "Murphy" maybe signing. i presume he is suggesting Daryl?

Has scored 8 league goals in a team in the bottom of League 1 and definitely going down - which indicates that he'd be a prized asset in the LOI.

Couldn't see Bolton agreeing to release him in mid-February when they can't sign a replacement. However they are flat broke and could be tempted to throw the towel in on League 1 and save his wages for next season.

Are there any other guys from Waterford or its environs that are floating around England or Scotland, or in underage academies and not really getting a break, that could be tempted home?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

hardybuck wrote: »
    Excellent signing - but interesting to see if it's him or Tadhg Ryan who ends up starting.

Is O'Connor still at the club?

noby wrote: »

The website only shows last years squad so hard to tell.

They mentioned other guys who resigned - and I didn't spot his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Jerry Atrick

He's there yes, would want to shake himself and get going

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Deiselurker

Are you talking about Matthew Connor the goalkeeper? He hasn't been signed up. Michael O'Connor striker is still there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Couple lads on loan from Reading, thanks to John oshea link.

announcement at 9am from Lee Power. Probably along the lines of support and getting behind the team and a new sponsor. nothing exciting like John Delaney is a **** or Rub Dunphy out

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

announcement at 9am from Lee Power. Probably along the lines of support and getting behind the team and a new sponsor. nothing exciting like John Delaney is a **** or Rub Dunphy out

It’s a very good cause for the new sponsor.
    Have to say an impressive use of the front of the jersey.
    https://www.facebook.com/121447187930655/posts/3398168303591844/?d=n

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

That's some gesture.

ah your not really buying this PR stunt are you? if you read between the lines it basically says WFC couldn't get a main sponsor and if things go tits up half way through the season Lee Power will release another statement stating because we put the 24/7 logo on it our budget was down for the season and we couldn't afford to bring in players etc.

It does emphasise how much revenue was lost as a result of having no European football.

Going by recent attendances that equates to the total revenue they'd get from about ten home games.

I think Bohs got a lot of positive feedback regarding their Amnesty refugee jerseys, this will have a similar impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

dzilla wrote: »
    That's some gesture.

Agree, it is a good gesture for Waterford and SE. hopefully, they will get a money paying sponsor though and hopefully good support from Waterford football fans for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

It was during the course of pre-season, I had been made aware of this cause and quite honestly, shook me to my core.

Really?

the more times you read over it the more it stinks from Power. some spoofer!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Gardner wrote:
    ah your not really buying this PR stunt are you? if you read between the lines it basically says WFC couldn't get a main sponsor and if things go tits up half way through the season Lee Power will release another statement stating because we put the 24/7 logo on it our budget was down for the season and we couldn't afford to bring in players etc.

Damned if you do and Damned if you don't

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Really?[/quote

He didn't know the road up in mayors walk is in ****e as well. The bastard

Was waiting to see who the first typical bitter one would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Regardless of what it is or what it isnt its great to see the city galvanizing itself around this cause.

dzilla wrote: »
    Regardless of what it is or what it isnt its great to see the city galvanizing itself around this cause.

Exactly people of this City need to take the positives instead of the constant negativity.

Well done Waterford FC

I see Cork City had to sell on their sell on clauses for Sean Maguire and Alan Browne to help settle their tax bill.

That's an eye opener for a club as well supported as they are.

1. i don't disagree that its positive for the 24/7 campaign
    2. its positive for the club in terms of PR
    but
    3. as stated above, WFC have failed to attract a sponsor. i bet you as much as Matt Shanahan will jump ship to FG in the future there will be another statement by Lee Power by the end of the season which will go along the lines of failing to attract sponsors and putting the 24/7 logo on the jersey that the club has taken a financial hit and has to make more budget cuts.

read between the lines folks. it's more fudge from Lee Power

but
    3. as stated above, WFC have failed to attract a sponsor. i bet you as much as Matt Shanahan will jump ship to FG in the future there will be another statement by Lee Power by the end of the season which will go along the lines of failing to attract sponsors and putting the 24/7 logo on the jersey that the club has taken a financial hit and has to make more budget cuts.

I would be of the opinion that the club could make improvements in certain areas of how they run their business - but what are you expecting from Power? These clubs are money pits at present.

but

Have you first hand information on failing to attract a sponsor or is this just your educated reading between the lines opinion ?

very educated reading between the lines. plenty of form to go on from previous statements

• Advertisement

very educated reading between the lines. plenty of form to go on from previous statements

Didn’t see any previous statements regarding jersey sponsors !

Advertisement