Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

There is no reading between lines, Lee power has said openly, he not funding this forever unless more money comes in, attendance up on end of last year, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Gardner wrote: »
    ah your not really buying this PR stunt are you? if you read between the lines it basically says WFC couldn't get a main sponsor and if things go tits up half way through the season Lee Power will release another statement stating because we put the 24/7 logo on it our budget was down for the season and we couldn't afford to bring in players etc.

Why doesn't you approach your buddy John halligan and ask him to sponsor the team. God knows he has enough money for it now with the big fat pension he has. Be the first good thing he would have done for Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

Why doesn't you approach your buddy John halligan and ask him to sponsor the team. God knows he has enough money for it now with the big fat pension he has. Be the first good thing he would have done for Waterford.

what in the living **** has JH got to do with the blues. we should meet up before the game tonight in McDowell's so you can tell me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

what in the living **** has JH got to do with the blues. we should meet up before the game tonight in McDowell's so you can tell me.

At the games do you be secretly hoping they lose so that your prophecys come true?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

ah your not really buying this PR stunt are you? if you read between the lines it basically says WFC couldn't get a main sponsor and if things go tits up half way through the season Lee Power will release another statement stating because we put the 24/7 logo on it our budget was down for the season and we couldn't afford to bring in players etc.

Waterford summed up in a post. Man saves club from extinction not once but possibly twice, gets behind the cardiac campaign, uses club to get the message out there and basically gets called a fraud. I've no words...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Nypd wrote: »
    Have you first hand information on failing to attract a sponsor or is this just your educated reading between the lines opinion ?

There's nothing educated about any of his posts. This sh1te takes the biscuit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭ForestFire

As a supporter of another team across the water... Our previous famous owner could only get shirt sponsorship for the team of 200k (I believe).

He said feck that, for 200k I'll put my own name on the shirt.............

And he did!

Surely power is paying some money into the club as official revenue for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,387 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Good start to the season 1-0 win away from home

2 home games up next against Bohs and Rovers

• Registered Users Posts: 38,387 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Good start to the season 1-0 win away from home

2 home games up next against Bohs and Rovers

Great stuff. Mon blues

• Advertisement

Good start last night and a decent crowd travelled up. Would have been happy before kick off with a draw. Started very well and going in level at half time was fair.
    Second have we took full benefit of a wayward back pass and O Connor put us in front. After that other than one other chance for us it was all St Pat's. We were very lucky to hold on. Murphy was outstanding in goal. We were very negative but probably understandable as the team had very little time together. Draw was at least a fair result but we will take it. The Daryl Murphy rumours were in full swing among the crowd last night.

Waterford summed up in a post. Man saves club from extinction not once but possibly twice, gets behind the cardiac campaign, uses club to get the message out there and basically gets called a fraud. I've no words...

I will come back to this post in a few months when things go tits up and the excuses will roll out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,424 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I will come back to this post in a few months when things go tits up and the excuses will roll out.

and maybe everyone else will use yours when it doesn't?? :rolleyes:
    Unrivalled negativity ………….

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

What's the craic with a fan being banned? I saw a petition going around to get him back?

That's BS crusty, you have whiners everywhere in Ireland, generally lads who do sod all but complain about it all, their life is crap so to try and bring everyone and everything down is their only mode...if I dig a big enough hole, everyone will fall in with me. Can you imagine someone like that at work, there is in my work, no-one would want to go near them and would not be asked into any projects or such, dead ends. Jersey thing is great, I'd prefer if they had a proper sponsor money coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Great win last night, Matt Keane was getting very excited on WLR commentary!

Huge games against Bohs and Rovers to come now.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Deiselurker

What's the craic with a fan being banned? I saw a petition going around to get him back?

He criticised the running of the club locally on Facebook a few times in particular one individual who he didnt name and they banned him from all home games this season which seems unfair and very harsh. I don't know him well personally but have spoken to him a couple of times in club shop and online. He's a huge Waterford fan and has done a lot of work for the club on social media, match programmes, helping with supporters club and underage teams. The club sent him an unsigned letter banning him and refused to meet him to discuss the ban. A petition with around 600 signatures was sent to club supporting him and asking to overturn ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Muttley79

https://www.facebook.com/146499502097663/posts/2728258590588395/
    Nice to see John o shea keepin a look out for Waterford FC

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

He criticised the running of the club locally on Facebook a few times in particular one individual who he didnt name and they banned him from all home games this season which seems unfair and very harsh. I don't know him well personally but have spoken to him a couple of times in club shop and online. He's a huge Waterford fan and has done a lot of work for the club on social media, match programmes, helping with supporters club and underage teams. The club sent him an unsigned letter banning him and refused to meet him to discuss the ban. A petition with around 600 signatures was sent to club supporting him and asking to overturn ban.

I’m hearing that’s not quite the real version of events.
    A lot of fans who were vocal at the start on this are not vocal at all now and have bought season tickets.
    By all accounts a meeting was refused before a letter that was sent with a signed cover letter.
    The plot thickens !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

I’m hearing that’s not quite the real version of events.
    A lot of fans who were vocal at the start on this are not vocal at all now and have bought season tickets.
    By all accounts a meeting was refused before a letter that was sent with a signed cover letter.
    The plot thickens !

Who is he? Initials if nit allowed name but if he's critical of them On facebook his name is surely known. Few rumours going about a few fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Not sure anybody was ever going to boycott the club because of this.

I don't know the full story, but I've had dealings with him over the last few years, and he seems a real genuine guy that is passionate about the club.
    Pity it has come to this and couldn't have been resolved in some way before the start of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Deiselurker

noby wrote: »

I don't know the full story, but I've had dealings with him over the last few years, and he seems a real genuine guy that is passionate about the club.
    Pity it has come to this and couldn't have been resolved in some way before the start of the season.

He asked people who were suggesting it not to boycott games. Shane Murphy is his name and he made it public himself on Facebook on the Blues supporters page that he runs so don't think there's any issue naming him. I prefer forums here as on Facebook everything is so public.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭skaface

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Love the white one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

noby wrote: »

Basically he's calling out two senior figures at the club for not running the club in regards to the club's best interests but for their own gains. One of them is a failed agent that is as toxic as they come and hasn't a notion of what he's doing. Basically the banned lad was telling the truth and they didn't like it. The owner probably doesn't he know about it. He's has been the backbone of the supporters club for a long long time, bringing in money for the underage teams and that money wasn't being used as promised. It's deep rooted and they said he's banned till at least May and they will decide again within that timeframe. Both sides are stubborn and need to stop making things so public ie: social media isn't helping his case.

Basically he's calling out two senior figures at the club for not running the club in regards to the club's best interests but for their own gains. One of them is a failed agent that is as toxic as they come and hasn't a notion of what he's doing. Basically the banned lad was telling the truth and they didn't like it. The owner probably doesn't he know about it. He's has been the backbone of the supporters club for a long long time, bringing in money for the underage teams and that money wasn't being used as promised. It's deep rooted and they said he's banned till at least May and they will decide again within that timeframe. Both sides are stubborn and need to stop making things so public ie: social media isn't helping his case.

It’s a bit more than stubborn it’s very misleading by all accounts.
    Spoke to a member of the club last night at the jersey launch and by all accounts Shane’s version is far from the truth, basically said ask him to publish the letters he was sent.
    I haven’t seen anything public by the club only from Shane himself in which he seems to be beating a drum that very few are listening to now.
    So who is telling the truth ?

It’s a bit more than stubborn it’s very misleading by all accounts.
    Spoke to a member of the club last night at the jersey launch and by all accounts Shane’s version is far from the truth, basically said ask him to publish the letters he was sent.
    I haven’t seen anything public by the club only from Shane himself in which he seems to be beating a drum that very few are listening to now.
    So who is telling the truth ?

To answer who is telling the truth it's a mix in both sides.
    If you look at the jerseys (minus the Cardiac Logo) they are training t-shirts at best, due to the "club" allegedly not paying Umbro last year and they were told they couldn't design their own jersey and could only pick from the first page. Insider in Umbro confirmed this off the record.

There's one huge liar in the club that I wouldn't trust with a carton of milk never mind trying to run the club but Shane has made a rod for his own back aswell. There's no real winners here well only the "failed agent". Unfortunately there is a real lack of common sense in the situation but I do believe there is under handed stuff by one guy in the club, he was on RTE last night ( not in an interview but pictured with the jersey talking to the team manager). There's been worse offenders then Shane and that fella is allowed back into the RSC who even wrote to sponsors in the Akinade debacle telling them to drop their sponsorship cause of the allegations.

To answer who is telling the truth it's a mix in both sides.
    If you look at the jerseys (minus the Cardiac Logo) they are training t-shirts at best, due to the "club" allegedly not paying Umbro last year and they were told they couldn't design their own jersey and could only pick from the first page. Insider in Umbro confirmed this off the record.

There's one huge liar in the club that I wouldn't trust with a carton of milk never mind trying to run the club but Shane has made a rod for his own back aswell. There's no real winners here well only the "failed agent". Unfortunately there is a real lack of common sense in the situation but I do believe there is under handed stuff by one guy in the club, he was on RTE last night ( not in an interview but pictured with the jersey talking to the team manager). There's been worse offenders then Shane and that fella is allowed back into the RSC who even wrote to sponsors in the Akinade debacle telling them to drop their sponsorship cause of the allegations.

But if the club didn’t pay Umbro last season they hardly would have given them jerseys and training gear this season ?!?
    I’ll take your off the record conversation with an international company with a pinch of salt.
    Sounds like you have an axe to grind.

• Advertisement

But if the club didn’t pay Umbro last season they hardly would have given them jerseys and training gear this season ?!?
    I’ll take your off the record conversation with an international company with a pinch of salt.
    Sounds like you have an axe to grind.

Just telling you the information I was given, no axe to grind here, not on anyone's side. Just want what's best for the club.

Advertisement