Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Just telling you the information I was given, no axe to grind here, not on anyone's side. Just want what's best for the club.

Definite axe to grind.
    Making up bull stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Just telling you the information I was given, no axe to grind here, not on anyone's side. Just want what's best for the club.

The whole I’m a victim doesn’t sit well with me and smacks of a personal campaign to get attention.
    Waterford fc, blues supporters clubs and everyone else is wrong and Shane is right !
    Iv seen the man use his group to target a multitude of people from other club staff to fans in the past and even after he is banned he continues to use to the group to leave snide comments.
    If he can’t behave he should close the group as it doesn’t represent the club or it’s fans.
    That axe of yours must be fairly blunt at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Nypd wrote: »
    The whole I’m a victim doesn’t sit well with me and smacks of a personal campaign to get attention.
    Waterford fc, blues supporters clubs and everyone else is wrong and Shane is right !
    Iv seen the man use his group to target a multitude of people from other club staff to fans in the past and even after he is banned he continues to use to the group to leave snide comments.
    If he can’t behave he should close the group as it doesn’t represent the club or it’s fans.

First of all get rid of your assumptions about me.
    I agree with the fan page it serves not purpose at all. In fact it just makes things worse for him and the snide comments just make it look foolish. He's fighting a losing battle if he can't be streetwise enough to learn when to talk and when not to. Former teacher I believe you'd think he'd have more common sense and use his intellect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Blues are back tonight, great, get out there and support.
    As for this other Nonsense about fella banned from ground, there is probably a bit of blame on both sides especially when I hear of probably some BS posted on social media sites, the whole thing is filed under 'who gives a f' for me. A bit cold maybe but people make their own bed.

Max Powers wrote: »
    Blues are back tonight, great, get out there and support.
    As for this other Nonsense about fella banned from ground, there is probably a bit of blame on both sides especially when I hear of probably some BS posted on social media sites, the whole thing is filed under 'who gives a f' for me. A bit cold maybe but people make their own bed.

Totally agree and I'd get on well with Shane but like you say gotta call a spade a spade. Yea expecting a huge crowd tonight, hopefully weather improves. I think this team was underestimated by Pat's and the bookies last week 9/2 to win. Rennie has done some job bringing these players in. Brian Murphy is an incredible signing and club captain now too.

• Advertisement

First of all get rid of your assumptions about me.
    I agree with the fan page it serves not purpose at all. In fact it just makes things worse for him and the snide comments just make it look foolish. He's fighting a losing battle if he can't be streetwise enough to learn when to talk and when not to. Former teacher I believe you'd think he'd have more common sense and use his intellect.

Fair enough and apologise for the assumptions.

I think what’s important is we focus on the RSC tonight a get those 3 points.
    2 massive games in the space of a couple of days.
    In Rennie we trust !

Fair enough and apologise for the assumptions.

I think what’s important is we focus on the RSC tonight a get those 3 points.
    2 massive games in the space of a couple of days.
    In Rennie we trust !

Apology accepted :)

Looking at how they played last week I think this team can be very exciting, their discipline for me on how they were set up tells these guys are spot on attitude wise. I haven't seen a Waterford defence play like that across the backline for a long time. Murphy is key to it all but the while backline look assured and confident.

I think what will stand for them is they are playing an advanced way for a long while towards players in the LOI with other clubs (not putting down LOI) but the coaching these players have been getting is far superior and I think this will have them ahead of many teams. Added some younger players from the academy too plus I think overall squad age is quiet low so they will all want to prove themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

any man that attacks the Blues Supporters Club is a good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,424 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Gardner wrote: »
    any man that attacks the Blues Supporters Club is a good man.[/QUOTE

We were waiting ……
    :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

any man that attacks the Blues Supporters Club is a good man.

There is alot of good ppl who are in the BSC so it's not right to tar them all with the same brush. Their is an ignorance in there too I agree on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,387 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Back to reality

2-0 defeat at home to Bohs

We play Shamrock Rovers at home Monday night who won 6-0 tonight

Dreadful night for football, played well to keep it nil all, considering playing against a gale force wind, then two nightmare minutes just before half time.

Terrible conditions for a game.
    We won’t have learned anything from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

Only thing we learned from last night is whoever put together the match programme is illiterate. Grammar and spelling all over the place. Is it a sixth class project done on the cheap or what? Embarrassing stuff

Only thing we learned from last night is whoever put together the match programme is illiterate. Grammar and spelling all over the place. Is it a sixth class project done on the cheap or what? Embarrassing stuff

Didn't read through it, that bad? That's one thing torments me about a club trying to be professional ffs you proof read a few times, not like sending a mate a text ffs

Didn't read through it, that bad? That's one thing torments me about a club trying to be professional ffs you proof read a few times, not like sending a mate a text ffs
    New program editor this year.
    Needs a few kinks ironed out but overall look of it was good.

New program editor this year.
    Needs a few kinks ironed out but overall look of it was good.

The centre page with the players pull out is a new edition, looks good. Didn't read it or I would have posted too lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Thought the 2 fullbacks were very poor last night also created nothing second half, players still need time to settle i guess.
    Thought Bohs were a level above, handled the conditions much better and controlled us well second half.

Boooourns wrote: »
    Thought the 2 fullbacks were very poor last night also created nothing second half, players still need time to settle i guess.
    Thought Bohs were a level above, handled the conditions much better and controlled us well second half.

Thought Sam was doing okay until the OG, Tyreke struggled most of the night but he's got qualities. Can't be too harsh on the players after last night, Bohs done alot more with the wind advantage. We seemed to die a death in the second half, all the effort against the wind then conceding two at the times killed us.

Thought Sam was doing okay until the OG, Tyreke struggled most of the night but he's got qualities. Can't be too harsh on the players after last night, Bohs done alot more with the wind advantage. We seemed to die a death in the second half, all the effort against the wind then conceding two at the times killed us.

Sam looks too big to be playing fullback tbh, he struggled all second half. Heard we're getting in another fullback on loan.
    Like you say we can't be too harsh, weather was mental. The timing of the 2 goals was a killer as they had done well to get near halftime scoreless.

• Advertisement

Boooourns wrote: »
    Sam looks too big to be playing fullback tbh, he struggled all second half. Heard we're getting in another fullback on loan.
    Like you say we can't be too harsh, weather was mental. The timing of the 2 goals was a killer as they had done well to get near halftime scoreless.

Any idea who it is coming in? Sam is a much better CM, only filling in, Darragh Power must not be ready yet so.

Anyone else see the two cars pulling out of Aldi after the match where most fans park? Thought it was going to kick off a few times car doors opened and they cut each other off a few times driving out

Who was minutes applause for at start, missed announcement, the sound system there ain't exactly latest tech.

Any idea who it is coming in? Sam is a much better CM, only filling in, Darragh Power must not be ready yet so.

I don't tbh, mate just heard it at the ground last night.

Max Powers wrote: »
    Who was minutes applause for at start, missed announcement, the sound system there ain't exactly latest tech.

Johnny Matthews
    Ian Clancey
    Billy Mcgrath

Johnny Matthews
    Ian Clancey
    Billy Mcgrath

Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭skaface

Heads up to anyone going to the Rovers game tomorrow night.
    Kick Off is at an earlier start at 7 pm

skaface wrote: »

Program said 7:45 at Friday’s game wonder why the change

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭sonic85

skaface wrote: »

Is this true? Fcuking hell anyway it's going to be a struggle to make it down for that

• Advertisement

sonic85 wrote: »
    Is this true? Fcuking hell anyway it's going to be a struggle to make it down for that

Yep all advertising changed to 7pm
    Change came from the FAI

Advertisement