Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Was working so missed it, 2 brilliant goals. Delighted for Sam after his nightmare against Bohs, great strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Great to steal the win at the death. Was quiet down there, please don't tell me all the block E lads are engaging in some form of boycott or something, would be ridiculous if so, over that lad suspended from ground for posting stuff on line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Them **** wouldn't be missed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Nypd wrote: »
    Two goals tonight were stunning,
    3 points against Shels and then mug Cork at home

Great goals and against a good team too. We have the potential to kick on lets hope we do.

It would be great to beat Shels but they wont be easy to play against. They have a good team and a good manager. It is great to see them back in the PD.

Cork are in trouble. It is incredible to see them fall so far so quickly. 3 points off them is more likely imo.

They do at least create an atmosphere so in that regard they would be missed but yeah i agree for the most part they are ****...cringey chanting childish **** :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

The attendance was down by about 180 on the Shamrock Rovers game and about 900 lower than the Bohs game.

Hopefully a win and two outstanding goals might help to stop the haemorraging of attendance levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Could be coronavirus worries. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭molby

I'd say your some craic. Cop the **** on at least they give a bit of atmosphere to the place. It was like a morgue there last night without them and ye most of them are only kids enjoying themselves.

molby wrote: »
    I'd say your some craic. Cop the **** on at least they give a bit of atmosphere to the place. It was like a morgue there last night without them and ye most of them are only kids enjoying themselves.

Its not any kid that is the issue it's the grown men that should cop on to themselves. Some of the crap they come out with is ridiculous. They think they are fanatic ultras when in fact they are just insignificant idiots making noise in the corner of the stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭skaface

What a rediculous comment to make.. Them lads are following the team up and down the country year in year out, when there were hardly a couple of hundred going to the Rsc

• Advertisement

alta stare wrote: »
    Its not any kid that is the issue it's the grown men that should cop on to themselves. Some of the crap they come out with is ridiculous. They think they are fanatic ultras when in fact they are just insignificant idiots making noise in the corner of the stand.

Rediculous comment... Them lads follow the team up and down the country, year in, year out..
    They create a great atmosphere home and away and their vocal support has been badly missed the last few home games.. Club need to sort out that section of the ground and get the seats fixed and get the stands full again.. Not close sections off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

skaface wrote: »
    What a rediculous comment to make.. Them lads are following the team up and down the country year in year out, when there were hardly a couple of hundred going to the Rsc

Agree, just to clarify, why aren't they at matches?. I seriously doubt whatever people's gripe is, is not worth not supporting team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭sonic85

Gutted I couldn't make it down last night but great to see them getting the win. Hopefully can pick up a few more points in the next couple of games and push up the table a bit.

Have to say the home stand was like a morgue against Rovers. Their fans were brilliant though - very vocal. Personally I really enjoy the chanting and making noise. The matchday experience is much better with a bit of colour and noise.

Max Powers wrote: »
    Agree, just to clarify, why aren't they at matches?. I seriously doubt whatever people's gripe is, is not worth not supporting team.

They are at the matches, they're gone over to the new stand for the time being.. Just not making noise like they were in Block E.. And won't be I'd imagine, Until the club or the council sort out the broken seats..

Rediculous comment... Them lads follow the team up and down the country, year in, year out..
    They create a great atmosphere home and away and their vocal support has been badly missed the last few home games.. Club need to sort out that section of the ground and get the seats fixed and get the stands full again.. Not close sections off.

Iv said it here before and i will say it again....they can chant all they want and yeah i think it is great but it is the silly abusive chants that they come out with which is cringey. I stopped going over that side because of them. Id rather not have my daughter listen to that crap all game. Some of those grown men are idiots.

Edit: for what its worth i am not against them having their own place where they can chant i just dont get the constant cringey ignorant chanting. They are not ultras.....

Iv said it here before and i will say it again....they can chant all they want and yeah i think it is great but it is the silly abusive chants that they come out with which is cringey. I stopped going over that side because of them. Id rather not have my daughter listen to that crap all game. Some of those grown men are idiots.

Edit: for what its worth i am not against them having their own place where they can chant i just dont get the constant cringey ignorant chanting. They are not ultras.....

You're going to get that at every ground in the country.. That's what happens at football matches.
    Those Block E lads do a lot of fundraising for the club and in my opinion they love their club.. Nothing wrong with that.. The club is not playing the game.. The seats need to be fixed ASAP.. We need people coming to the matches, not seats being cordened off, putting people off coming to the Rsc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Grown men who act the idiot. What about last year, to Michael O'Connor, **** back to Linfield O'Connor ya orange **** do you agree with that one internet warrior? Whoever said that is highly educated, lovely fellow to be representing the blues fans. On another note, 2 fantastic goals, and a much needed win.

You're going to get that at every ground in the country.. That's what happens at football matches.
    Those Block E lads do a lot of fundraising for the club and in my opinion they love their club.. Nothing wrong with that.. The club is not playing the game.. The seats need to be fixed ASAP.. We need people coming to the matches, not seats being cordened off, putting people off coming to the Rsc.

I am not doubting what they do for the club nor do i disagree that it happens elsewhere all i am saying is they are grown men taking part in cringey chants and behaving as if they are ultras....give me a break. Im sorry but some of them are idiots.

The RSC has great facilities and a beautiful playing surface and Darren and all his staff should be very proud of the way they have it. The old stand needs some work that is without question. Unfortunately it was never a nice place to watch a football match from. It isnt long enough, it needs a repaint and some parts need repair, it is also too far away from the pitch. Overall the RSC is not a good place to watch a match. The effort to keep the dressing rooms and pitch in good condition is evident though so at least that's something.

We have one of the better LOI grounds...it is a pity it is so open though. Everything about our club screams of potential but for some reason we just never seem to be consistent in sustaining any feel good factor which we get. This issue between fans and the club is yet more evidence of our club/cities problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭molby

I am not doubting what they do for the club nor do i disagree that it happens elsewhere all i am saying is they are grown men taking part in cringey chants and behaving as if they are ultras....give me a break. Im sorry but some of them are idiots.

The RSC has great facilities and a beautiful playing surface and Darren and all his staff should be very proud of the way they have it. The old stand needs some work that is without question. Unfortunately it was never a nice place to watch a football match from. It isnt long enough, it needs a repaint and some parts need repair, it is also too far away from the pitch. Overall the RSC is not a good place to watch a match. The effort to keep the dressing rooms and pitch in good condition is evident though so at least that's something.

We have one of the better LOI grounds...it is a pity it is so open though. Everything about our club screams of potential but for some reason we just never seem to be consistent in sustaining any feel good factor which we get. This issue between fans and the club is yet more evidence of our club/cities problems.

Jesus will you ever get over yourself. Have you been to any other ground (oboviously not) in Ireland. The RSC is a great place to watch a game with good facilities. The Block E lads follow the team up and down the country and fair play to them adding a bit of noise to the place. Its fellows like you that has the atmosphere ****ed at the RSC. Some of those lads might be a bit older but their hearts are in the right place and they are far from idiots.

Jesus will you ever get over yourself. Have you been to any other ground (oboviously not) in Ireland. The RSC is a great place to watch a game with good facilities. The Block E lads follow the team up and down the country and fair play to them adding a bit of noise to the place. Its fellows like you that has the atmosphere ****ed at the RSC. Some of those lads might be a bit older but their hearts are in the right place and they are far from idiots.

Em i did say it has great facilities. I know it is one of the better grounds in LOI. I am referring to how far away from the pitch the stands are and how open the place is.

Fellows like me that have it what? Iv been going to games a long time and not once have i ever acted like some of those fools. Just because they shout and make noise they are real fans is that what you are saying?

Anyone who travels to away games i say fair play. Anyone who supports the club by purchasing merch and tickets i say fair play. I have spent enough money there myself. All these people are supporters and the majority go to games without throwing abuse around via cringey chanting. The club isnt just about these Block E Boys in fact if it was the club would be dead and buried. Again ill say it...they create a good atmosphere that is without question it is the cringey abusive chanting which is the issue....

Grown men with any bit of sense wont take part in some of the sh!t those fans come out with. Only idiots partake in such abuse so yes some of them are idiots.

• Advertisement

People all have different opinions on different things.. Everyone is entitled to their opinion..
    But in my view, this image doesn't encourage people to come back to the Rsc. The club / Council needs to get their finger out and get this mess sorted out. We have a Munster Derby in a fortnight against Cork City and we want the place rocking.. Not like a morge.. The players were looking up as they always do coming out onto the pitch the other night and this is what they were looking at.. Block E empty.. Someone needs to have a hard look at themselves to let this fiasco happen.. Get it sorted

People all have different opinions on different things.. Everyone is entitled to their opinion..
    But in my view, this image doesn't encourage people to come back to the Rsc. The club / Council needs to get their finger out and get this mess sorted out. We have a Munster Derby in a fortnight against Cork City and we want the place rocking.. Not like a morge.. The players were looking up as they always do coming out onto the pitch the other night and this is what they were looking at.. Block E empty.. Someone needs to have a hard look at themselves to let this fiasco happen.. Get it sorted

100% I agree wholeheartedly with you regarding this and to be honest i am suprised it is left like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

100% I agree wholeheartedly with you regarding this and to be honest i am suprised it is left like that.

Is it not in the hands of the council ?
    In fairness seats have been broken and a hell of a lot of them at that.
    I’d be pissed if I was either the club or the council.
    At the end of the day it’s going to cost a lot of money the fix.

Is it not in the hands of the council ?
    In fairness seats have been broken and a hell of a lot of them at that.
    I’d be pissed if I was either the club or the council.
    At the end of the day it’s going to cost a lot of money the fix.

I counted around 6 to 8 seats damaged.. Most of those were since last year, and I'd imagine were broken by accident when goals have been scored with young lads jumping up and down.. The seats should have been fixed before the start of the season, and got the stewards to watch out for lads climbing up on them during matches..
    Away fans are breaking chairs, bringing in flares, smoke bombs, racial banners and abusive chants and fcuk all been done about it...
    It's about time the club looked after their own and remember it's these lads that kept the club alive when there were only a few hundred going to home games.. Some people have bad memories..

I counted around 6 to 8 seats damaged.. Most of those were since last year, and I'd imagine were broken by accident when goals have been scored with young lads jumping up and down.. The seats should have been fixed before the start of the season, and got the stewards to watch out for lads climbing up on them during matches..
    Away fans are breaking chairs, bringing in flares, smoke bombs, racial banners and abusive chants and fcuk all been done about it...
    It's about time the club looked after their own and remember it's these lads that kept the club alive when there were only a few hundred going to home games.. Some people have bad memories..

6 to 8 seats are you off your head !
    There’s at least 40 seats broken in there atm and upwards of a 100 broken in total.
    I’ve drank in my local for 20 years and supported them when they were quite so by your logic I can go up and damage their property because I have been loyal......get serious.

6 to 8 seats are you off your head !
    There’s at least 40 seats broken in there atm and upwards of a 100 broken in total.
    I’ve drank in my local for 20 years and supported them when they were quite so by your logic I can go up and damage their property because I have been loyal......get serious.

I counted 6 to 8 seats where the netting has been put up.. Ye, there were other seats broken since last season that weren't repaired for the new season..Not all damaged seats have been in Block E.. The way you're going on you'd swear lads were going to the pub, getting pissed up and ripping them out on purpose.. Plenty seats damaged over in the Away end.. Par for the course.. Are you telling me that doesn't happen in other grounds around the country..
    Plenty of stewards there, they need to be more vigilant regarding standing on seats.. The club needs to get that area of the ground sorted.. And fast.. There is no atmosphere at the games at the moment.. The supporters need to be the twelfth man, and that won't happen any time soon, while this fiasco continues.. Cork at home in two weeks, the last thing we want is listening to them ffsake..
    Glad you've drank in your local for 20
    Years.. A loyal customer.. Nothing to do with what I was commenting on..
    I'm following the Blues a long time and the point I'm making is the club need to look after their own supporters that have been loyal to the club when there were very few going to games.

I counted 6 to 8 seats where the netting has been put up.. Ye, there were other seats broken since last season that weren't repaired for the new season..Not all damaged seats have been in Block E.. The way you're going on you'd swear lads were going to the pub, getting pissed up and ripping them out on purpose.

Where did I say that ?
    My point is very clear, you cannot damage property and not have consequences it’s not acceptable regardless of how many years you’ve been a supporter.
    The club didn’t break then nor did the council, fans broke them, on purpose or by accident doesn’t really matter at this point they’re broken.
    I hope a solution can be found and I also hope no more seats are broken.

Where did I say that ?
    My point is very clear, you cannot damage property and not have consequences it’s not acceptable regardless of how many years you’ve been a supporter.
    The club didn’t break then nor did the council, fans broke them, on purpose or by accident doesn’t really matter at this point they’re broken.
    I hope a solution can be found and I also hope no more seats are broken.
    You were the one on about drinking in your local for 20 years and being a loyal supporter and not doing any damage at the ground..
    I know the seats were broken..
    My point is that in my opinion there was never any Malice or intention of lads breaking seats on purpose in Block E, which the club have also agreed on.. So therefor it's up to
    The Club /Council
    Ito get the area fixed and get stewards to enforce lads not to be standing on the chairs.. No home supporters, weather they are in Block E or not intensionally broke any of those seats. They wouldn't be allowed by fellow supporters.. End of..

You were the one on about drinking in your local for 20 years and being a loyal supporter and not doing any damage at the ground..
    I know the seats were broken..
    My point is that in my opinion there was never any Malice or intention of lads breaking seats on purpose in Block E, which the club have also agreed on.. So therefor it's up to
    The Club /Council
    Ito get the area fixed and get stewards to enforce lads not to be standing on the chairs.. No home supporters, weather they are in Block E or not intensionally broke any of those seats. They wouldn't be allowed by fellow supporters.. End of..

Oh my and like I said I hope it’s sorted and I hope no more seats are broken

• Advertisement

Oh my and like I said I hope it’s sorted and I hope no more seats are broken

Oh my is right boi, exactly

Advertisement