Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

alta stare wrote: »
    Jayus Max you would argue with your own shadow. I said there chants were cringe, can you point out where i said they were hooligans? Is it because i likened them to having their own wannabe firm????? Well you need to educate yourself to what a football firm is as not all of them cause trouble nor did i imply them down at the Wateford games do.

I disagree with their childish chants altho some of them have got into trouble as was already pointed out so maybe they are looking to take it to the next level for their "firm".

"These idiots like to think they are like the firms across the irish sea and beyond"

That above was it, a firm is same as violent gang in my thinking,I don't think you can take your comment any other way.I don't want to be argumentative but I don't like to see a gang of young people from what I see mostly behaved well (apart from some silly chants) part of a firm, or thugs as someone else said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Max Powers wrote: »
    "These idiots like to think they are like the firms across the irish sea and beyond"

That above was it, a firm is same as violent gang in my thinking,I don't think you can take your comment any other way.I don't want to be argumentative but I don't like to see a gang of young people from what I see mostly behaved well (apart from some silly chants) part of a firm, or thugs as someone else said.

Of course most of them dont misbehave but there is a small element who wish to believe they are one of those 'firms' who are soley out to cause trouble. Not all firms do a such a thing but maybe some of the idiots within Block E are wanting to be part of a more hardcore firm hence the relatively recent introduction of cringe chants and hardman action at away grounds.

Of course most of them dont misbehave but there is a small element who wish to believe they are one of those 'firms' who are soley out to cause trouble. Not all firms do a such a thing but maybe some of the idiots within Block E are wanting to be part of a more hardcore firm hence the relatively recent introduction of cringe chants and hardman action at away grounds.

you should report this small element if one exists, plus anyone out to cause trouble, report them to club and gards. I for one haven't seen one person down there causing trouble, and seen no evidence of anyone even thinking along the lines of English firms .it seems like you are speculating on people's intentions.calling a group a wannabe firm has only one meaning IMO

you should report this small element if one exists, plus anyone out to cause trouble, report them to club and gards. I for one haven't seen one person down there causing trouble, and seen no evidence of anyone even thinking along the lines of English firms .it seems like you are speculating on people's intentions

Again Max re read my post and do so without your blinkers on.....no disrepect.

I said trouble at away grounds ie Cobh. If that is let fester it will become the norm with these fools and it will cloud an otherwise exciting time for Waterford FC.

Again Max re read my post and do so without your blinkers on.....no disrepect.

I said trouble at away grounds ie Cobh. If that is let fester it will become the norm with these fools and it will cloud an otherwise exciting time for Waterford FC.

Again, calling a bunch of people a wannabe firm on the evidence we have is a gross exaggeration.

• Advertisement

Again, calling a bunch of people a wannabe firm on the evidence we have is a gross exaggeration.

Not really Max i happen to have a relative who is a long time member of the club who knows there are a handful who want to be involved in the hardman style of a firm. Block E style themselves on Ultras and that is fine fair play to them but there is no denying there is an element there who wish to be part of a hooligan type firm* and i hope that does not happen.

*notice i said hooligan type firm.....

Not really Max i happen to have a relative who is a long time member of the club who knows there are a handful who want to be involved in the hardman style of a firm. Block E style themselves on Ultras and that is fine fair play to them but there is no denying there is an element there who wish to be part of a hooligan type firm* and i hope that does not happen.

*notice i said hooligan type firm.....

Fine, if you have some info none of us have, I doubt there is enough dopes to be calling it a firm. you started off tarring the block e lads.again though, have seen no evidence of what you say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Waterford FC ultras :pac::pac:

Waterford FC ultras :pac::pac:

It's suitable enough name for group of passionate harmless supporters.it's a term copied from Italy I'd guess but used in Ireland and elsewhere.

It's suitable enough name for group of passionate harmless supporters.it's a term copied from Italy I'd guess but used in Ireland and elsewhere.

I guess we shall see how harmless some are come next season when they travel to Rovers/Bohs etc where some of their supporters enjoy a kness up.....literally :D

Btw im not looking to be any way negative i just am of the belief some of the chants and some behaviour ie Cobh is not warranted or wanted.

Max if you see their chants as harmless stick your kids or young relatives into the Block E boys section and see how they fair when caught up in the silly abusive chants.....will they join in? i wonder would your blinkers still remain in place?

• Advertisement

I guess we shall see how harmless some are come next season when they travel to Rovers/Bohs etc where some of their supporters enjoy a kness up.....literally :D

Btw im not looking to be any way negative i just am of the belief some of the chants and some behaviour ie Cobh is not warranted or wanted.

Max if you see their chants as harmless stick your kids or young relatives into the Block E boys section and see how they fair when caught up in the silly abusive chants.....will they join in? i wonder would your blinkers still remain in place?

There's no blinkers here,I think using terms like wannabe firm is not only inaccurate but provides a real negative picture that is unwarranted and harmful, especially when a lot of the negative posted here has been the usual: wasn't at the game or i heard from someone stuff. when I bring my kid there, I'll probably sit a bit further away from the most passionate section

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

There's no blinkers here,I think using terms like wannabe firm is not only inaccurate but provides a real negative picture that is unwarranted and harmful, especially when a lot of the negative posted here has been the usual: wasn't at the game or i heard from someone stuff. when I bring my kid there, I'll probably sit a bit further away from the most passionate section

I think you need a break from the internet. People here are actually enjoying winding you up. The mad thing is, you bite every single time.

Not everything posted against anything Waterford related is negative Max, you just seem to think it is. Im not trying to be negative i enjoy going down to the games id love to see them do well and i dont like to see certain elements possibly shine a bad light on what is an exciting future but you must take off those blinkers and accept that sometimes bad things happen in dear old Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Not everything posted against anything Waterford related is negative Max, you just seem to think it is. Im not trying to be negative i enjoy going down to the games id love to see them do well and i dont like to see certain elements possibly shine a bad light on what is an exciting future but you must take off those blinkers and accept that sometimes bad things happen in dear old Waterford.

Agree 100%. They could be all lovely fellas but with 1 or 2 trouble-makers calling the chants or prompting certain behaviors - that's how you lead the crowd in a direction a majority would not go without influence. The Psychology of crowd behavior comes into play and as the club becomes bigger and more young lads come along wanting to ape what the crowd is doing, it takes on a life of it's own, they attain a rep as 'Bad-ass' and feel they have to live up to it every game.
    The sensible lads in Block E should tell the idiots starting the nasty chants to shut the fcuk up , failing that the club stewards should warn them then eject them if they can't tone it down.
    I don't care if Bohs or Rovers or Dundalk or Linfield(sectarian bigots) who got mentioned above are all supported by knuckle-draggers chanting filth and could show our lot a thing or two; we don't have to join in or try to outdo them in offensive chanting.
    Out chant them, do the Ska dancing in their faces, whatever, just don't resort to cliche, infantile "Fcuk _____(insert club)" etc. etc.

Agree 100%. They could be all lovely fellas but with 1 or 2 trouble-makers calling the chants or prompting certain behaviors - that's how you lead the crowd in a direction a majority would not go without influence. The Psychology of crowd behavior comes into play and as the club becomes bigger and more young lads come along wanting to ape what the crowd is doing, it takes on a life of it's own, they attain a rep as 'Bad-ass' and feel they have to live up to it every game.
    The sensible lads in Block E should tell the idiots starting the nasty chants to shut the fcuk up , failing that the club stewards should warn them then eject them if they can't tone it down.
    I don't care if Bohs or Rovers or Dundalk or Linfield(sectarian bigots) who got mentioned above are all supported by knuckle-draggers chanting filth and could show our lot a thing or two; we don't have to join in or try to outdo them in offensive chanting.
    Out chant them, do the Ska dancing in their faces, whatever, just don't resort to cliche, infantile "Fcuk _____(insert club)" etc. etc.

Agreed dunmore,be great to see back of that chant.
    I think we have flogged this dead horse enough alto, Mon blues. Any word on season tickets, be great to see em out in time for xmas presents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Agreed dunmore,be great to see back of that chant.
    I think we have flogged this dead horse enough alto, Mon blues. Any word on season tickets, be great to see em out in time for xmas presents.

Season tickets, plus a few other things (players etc.) being announced at lunch time today.

noby wrote: »
    Season tickets, plus a few other things (players etc.) being announced at lunch time today.

Let no one call you a liar noby...season tickets on sale, ten percent off till 1 December....189.00 basic one adult, cheaper available for students etc.fancy more expensive ones for reserved seat too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

€189 is a decent price, considering its 18 home games at, I guess €15 in the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

McClean, Puri, O Halloran, Daly, Martin and Connor all re-signed today. Great stuff.
    Keegan and Browne were already under contract until the end of 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Blues missed out on Greg Bolger, went from cork to shamrock rovers. Hopefully they can some experienced premier division players in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Gardner

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Who did they sign?

Izzy Akinade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭The Legend Of Kira

I heard about this guy being named on other pages elsewhere,, are people sure for a fact regarding the allegations being made against this newly signed . that it is for definite the correct person & not a case of getting identities mixed up or a case of he happens to have the same name as the person being accused ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

No doubt . Official line from the club is move on nothing to see here .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

That's me out for next season too and talking to others over the weekend, they are saying the same.
    What fcuking stupidity by Fenlon & Reynolds.

This its disappointing (understatement), bad move by club, hopefully it is sorted out ASAP.

Im going to play Devils Advocate here and say maybe he regrets what he did and like anyone he deserves a chance to redeem himself.

I dont condone what he done it is disgraceful and im sure the club would not of signed him if they thought he was a danger to people so surely he deserves to show that he isnt like that and again it was a stupid mistake.

To boycott the club over this imo is bit of an over reaction at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Is he a good player ?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

Is he a good player ?
    Should he be treated differently if he's a good player?

• Advertisement

Is he a good player ?

Yes he is a good player. They also signed a midlfielder called Hery.... Quality player and a good signing for the club.

Advertisement