Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Sooner we know the better and we could see action on new owners and the timeline they have to get the club back up and running.

Could be a fairly dire situation where 6-7 clubs are happy enough to return and 3-4 aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

hardybuck wrote: »
    Could be a fairly dire situation where 6-7 clubs are happy enough to return and 3-4 aren't.

That’s basically the end of every LOI season. Hopefully the Blues are in it and a chance of Europe , they were starting to gel together. Lee Power won’t be Blues owner again for another game of ball, especially with Jack Sparrow gone back to his homestead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

With no fans allowed, or a small percentage of fans being allowed to watch matches in a near future, where is any income going to come to support not only Waterford, but the other teams that don't have European games to help slightly?

Things aren’t improving for a Power at all. A new owner should get the club for handy money at this stage.

iseegirls wrote: »
    With no fans allowed, or a small percentage of fans being allowed to watch matches in a near future, where is any income going to come to support not only Waterford, but the other teams that don't have European games to help slightly?

Well the GAA is preparing for a 21,000 maximum capacity in Croke Park in a scenario where physical distancing is 2m and 42,000 if it's 1m. That's in an 82,000 capacity stadium so just over a quarter or half capacity.

I understand that the RSC has 3,100 seats, and max capacity is circa 5,000. If the average crowd down in the RSC is in around 1,500 they should be able to get fairly normal crowds into games?

• Advertisement

Things aren’t improving for a Power at all. A new owner should get the club for handy money at this stage.

Handy money...or maybe you'd get it for nothing if you take on whatever debts they have?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Swindon won League 2

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Swindon won League 2

Marred by FA & EFL investigation into the ownership issues with the Owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

Who is running the social media side of things for the Club in regards to updates on Twitter and Facebook? Is it the JP or someone acting on behalf of the Power's? It is totally bizarre that a club can give social media updates but yet we hear about lack of communication between management and staff. If someone is doing it off their own back then I’d encourage them for their own good to step back and not to be associated with the shenanigans that is going on.

Gardner wrote: »
    Who is running the social media side of things for the Club in regards to updates on Twitter and Facebook? Is it the JP or someone acting on behalf of the Power's? It is totally bizarre that a club can give social media updates but yet we hear about lack of communication between management and staff. If someone is doing it off their own back then I’d encourage them for their own good to step back and not to be associated with the shenanigans that is going on.

Doubt JP would do anything never mind update social media. That’s how they’ve run the show, social media but no communication to the fans or players. I think there is a lad that does it for them and he’s a nice lad but ya it’s not good but might help in what he wants to achieve in social media terms of experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

Doubt JP would do anything never mind update social media. That’s how they’ve run the show, social media but no communication to the fans or players. I think there is a lad that does it for them and he’s a nice lad but ya it’s not good but might help in what he wants to achieve in social media terms of experience.

That's my point, is he doing it for his own good? Like i said, I wouldn't want to be associated with the Club at the moment and generally it is confusing fans where we hear stories of the off the field antics yet the other day he was posting updates in regards to the new FAI measures of reopening yet LP has said WFC won't be coming back. We won't mention the spelling and grammar mistakes.

Gardner wrote: »
    That's my point, is he doing it for his own good? Like i said, I wouldn't want to be associated with the Club at the moment and generally it is confusing fans where we hear stories of the off the field antics yet the other day he was posting updates in regards to the new FAI measures of reopening yet LP has said WFC won't be coming back. We won't mention the spelling and grammar mistakes.

It’s a strange ship at the best of times under LP lately and I’m fully sure this guy is working for the club and yea we won’t mention those infringements, let’s just say they drive me mental.

Reynolds gone, how much of a team will be there if the league resumes?

I'm not sure if they'd all have the opportunity to claim redundancy now or become free agents due to the temporary lay off - that could be impacted by emergency Covid measures.

I don't think there's any appetite for Waterford to participate in a resumed league, if the clubs and the FAI can actually get something agreed.

I think the LOI and the North must be the only two leagues in Europe to not have a plan to resume games.

I'm not sure if they'd all have the opportunity to claim redundancy now or become free agents due to the temporary lay off - that could be impacted by emergency Covid measures.

I don't think there's any appetite for Waterford to participate in a resumed league, if the clubs and the FAI can actually get something agreed.

I think the LOI and the North must be the only two leagues in Europe to not have a plan to resume games.

Shows how brutal both Associations are. No wonder the leagues are in the dark ages. According to FAI clubs need to pay contracts either way.

Shows how brutal both Associations are. No wonder the leagues are in the dark ages. According to FAI clubs need to pay contracts either way.

Well surely a contract of employment has to be honoured? If a business can't afford to honour it's contracts to staff does it go out of business and claim insolvency or be sued?

This is bad news if Ireland are being considered as a host of European championship games next year.

Well surely a contract of employment has to be honoured? If a business can't afford to honour it's contracts to staff does it go out of business and claim insolvency or be sued?

This is bad news if Ireland are being considered as a host of European championship games next year.

They care more about that tournament then they ever have of their own league.

They care more about that tournament then they ever have of their own league.

In fairness I heard positive feedback as to the efforts of the new FAI (temporary) leadership.

The Association is skint and they've years of ****e to clear up. A few old relics from the previous regime haven't been cleared out yet either. One of the old guard wrote to UEFA complaining about Government involvement recently which highlights that it'll take a sustained and prolonged effort to clear out the deadwood.

The clubs are every bit as bad. I heard Richie Sadlier mention examples of how dysfunctional they were back when he was involved with St Pat's and it'd depress you.

In fairness I heard positive feedback as to the efforts of the new FAI (temporary) leadership.

The Association is skint and they've years of ****e to clear up. A few old relics from the previous regime haven't been cleared out yet either. One of the old guard wrote to UEFA complaining about Government involvement recently which highlights that it'll take a sustained and prolonged effort to clear out the deadwood.

The clubs are every bit as bad. I heard Richie Sadlier mention examples of how dysfunctional they were back when he was involved with St Pat's and it'd depress you.

The clubs are going it alone for so long so without proper governance then any shark or tool can own a club and destroy it while they’re at it. Hoping someone takes the club in and their debts with it. Owners can come in bring up large debts and walk away them when someone takes on their debts. The league has done well to stay so long running

Best of luck to Rennie Always gave it his best and everyone in football makes mistakes. 2018 season a particular highlight and off the field decisions went against him for that Europa League Qual place

I know a lot of supporters dont like him but John Caulfield would be a good replacement but cant see him coming here with little money we could have

Interesting few weeks/months ahead

• Advertisement

Best of luck to Rennie Always gave it his best and everyone in football makes mistakes. 2018 season a particular highlight and off the field decisions went against him for that Europa League Qual place

I know a lot of supporters dont like him but John Caulfield would be a good replacement but cant see him coming here with little money we could have

Interesting few weeks/months ahead

Absolutely on Rennie. Caulfield was sniffing round in recent times but the owner issue is the next one to be nailed down cause Power won’t be back, he’s up to his gambling eyeballs in the UK. He’s pet project isn’t anything he wants anymore and good riddance if it means we’ll never see his slimy son again. He won’t be back with the debts he owes anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

If John Delaney does become the new owner, how do you think it will go down?

There’s a strong word going round that he will be.

jimbojazz wrote: »

I'd say that's a load of bull.

Hahaha stop now, balloon plus lead and then party time and fingers up to every other club in the country, most hated overnight never to be respected again, let the good times roll :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Absolutely on Rennie. Caulfield was sniffing round in recent times but the owner issue is the next one to be nailed down cause Power won’t be back, he’s up to his gambling eyeballs in the UK. He’s pet project isn’t anything he wants anymore and good riddance if it means we’ll never see his slimy son again. He won’t be back with the debts he owes anyway.

Slimy Son??

I'd say that's a load of bull.

Wait and see

Slimy Son??

Yea related to the lad that plays for Spurs lol

Once a disliked man by club supporters could soon become a legend if true

Once a disliked man by club supporters could soon become a legend if true

Not disliked by all, But he’ll certainly be a divisive figure

But they have form in recent years with divisive figures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Yea related to the lad that plays for Spurs lol

You've lost me on this one pal, just wonder if ye slander someone at least give details :-) :-)

Advertisement