Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

You've lost me on this one pal, just wonder if ye slander someone at least give details :-) :-)

That boat has sailed like the boy himself

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

Allan Reynolds on WLR just now, very diplomatic on what he says about Lee Power.

LP is not a nice individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

I thought Rennie spoke really well. he will be really missed and said he doesn't want to move on but has been forced to do so by the terrible behaviour of the owner.

really bad situation now... some players have started moving on, Michael o Connor gone back to linfield, and with Rennie gone now the future of the squad is very uncertain.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    I thought Rennie spoke really well. he will be really missed and said he doesn't want to move on but has been forced to do so by the terrible behaviour of the owner.

really bad situation now... some players have started moving on, Michael o Connor gone back to linfield, and with Rennie gone now the future of the squad is very uncertain.

I say he felt like hitting Damien Tiernen

Tiernen trys to be pally but a bit of bollocks too

Journalists have to ask questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

PTH2009 wrote: »

I once got Port Vale up to the Premier League on Football Manager. Better dust off the CV.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Anyone up for the job

https://www.facebook.com/121447187930655/posts/3841213182620685/[/QUOTE

Embarrassing, doesn't even say for who's attention, or closing date, etc.

I wonder if this is the PR/IT man stirring it out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

That was a funny post haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

91wx763 wrote: »
    Journalists have to ask questions.

problem is we don't have any decent sports journalists in Waterford. they are all yes men and spoofers.

• Advertisement

Gardner wrote: »
    problem is we don't have any decent sports journalists in Waterford. they are all yes men and spoofers.

Why don't you become one then, be the big man who said no.

91wx763 wrote: »
    Why don't you become one then, be the big man who said no.

He does have a point though. You hear very thorough analysis on the other regional stations in the south east that you don't get on WLR.

The Blues PR is amongst the worst I’ve ever seen. So amateurish it’s like it was done with little care or attention. Just another ticking the box exercise. The lack of professionalism is there for all to see. How lucky they were to have Rennie as manager, nobody worth their salt will stick with the club with the current owners.

They need a solid course on customer service and PR. Embarrassing af. As for the journalists in Waterford I wouldn’t be a fan personally of some of them but they are working in a limited area. County or City Sporting teams blow hot and cold so it’s hard to analyse in depth as long term especially the football isn’t popular in the county so the journalistic experience is too varied so it’s hard to gain that experience of year in year out studying the club and it’s fortunes. I think they do the best they can.

The Blues PR is amongst the worst I’ve ever seen. So amateurish it’s like it was done with little care or attention. Just another ticking the box exercise. The lack of professionalism is there for all to see. How lucky they were to have Rennie as manager, nobody worth their salt will stick with the club with the current owners.

They need a solid course on customer service and PR. Embarrassing af. As for the journalists in Waterford I wouldn’t be a fan personally of some of them but they are working in a limited area. County or City Sporting teams blow hot and cold so it’s hard to analyse in depth as long term especially the football isn’t popular in the county so the journalistic experience is too varied so it’s hard to gain that experience of year in year out studying the club and it’s fortunes. I think they do the best they can.

they do what they do because they got no balls and there ****e

hardybuck wrote: »
    He does have a point though. You hear very thorough analysis on the other regional stations in the south east that you don't get on WLR.

He still never offers anything constructive to support his continual condemning opinions !!!

That said (and there's a WLR thread where similar points are made) Matt Keane is doing the same old dismal reporting shouting down the microphone since 1978, he's one of the WLR originals and part of the furniture. The rest only come from the "broadcasting foundation course" so they're free of charge.

The local printed press seems to suffer geographically, with the circulation of the Monster Excuse being in two counties and with the News and Star not feeling they need to represent beyond Kilmeaden the objectivitity is missing. Who's that new great hurler in (say) Kilgobnet ? I don't know, you don't know. they don't know, who knows.............

Talks of each club getting 180k each to restart and additional funding, hopefully hear this week from clubs on acceptance of a deal. No idea how that leaves The Blues, just can’t see Power finding The Blues again, someone has to buy the debts which is never a great start but in the LOI I guess it’s just natural. I haven’t heard anything additional on any sale being close.

Talks of each club getting 180k each to restart and additional funding, hopefully hear this week from clubs on acceptance of a deal. No idea how that leaves The Blues, just can’t see Power finding The Blues again, someone has to buy the debts which is never a great start but in the LOI I guess it’s just natural. I haven’t heard anything additional on any sale being close.

the talk lately has been far more positive, apparently the government money is higher than expected and would almost run the clubs until the end of the season so less need for power to put money into the club. the issue of relegation looks like the big issue now, some clubs pushing hard for no relegation and easy to see why but that would kill the first division season so interesting to see how that pans out.

the talk lately has been far more positive, apparently the government money is higher than expected and would almost run the clubs until the end of the season so less need for power to put money into the club. the issue of relegation looks like the big issue now, some clubs pushing hard for no relegation and easy to see why but that would kill the first division season so interesting to see how that pans out.

Thank for that info. Yea I think the season should apply in its most natural way ie: Relegation/Promotion. The way the club is run I’d be worried about Power getting the players back in and a good manager to keep us safe. Whose going to run the club in Waterford as JP I can’t see returning.

Rennie confirmed as dundalk assistant manager. still very disappointed to see him go but can understand his reasons and best of luck to him. hopefully we might see him back at the blues some day

Rennie confirmed as dundalk assistant manager. still very disappointed to see him go but can understand his reasons and best of luck to him. hopefully we might see him back at the blues some day

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020/0623/1149093-reynolds-named-new-dundalk-assistant-manager/

Best of luck to him, he deserves it. You would wander who they had to ring for permission. It’s all like a mystery with this club and these owners.

• Advertisement

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020/0623/1149093-reynolds-named-new-dundalk-assistant-manager/

Best of luck to him, he deserves it. You would wander who they had to ring for permission. It’s all like a mystery with this club and these owners.

it seems the owner wasn't able to answer a call or text from Rennie for months but answered the call when dundalk sought permission to approach Rennie. certainly feeds the theories that he has lost all interest in the blues and has no intentions of paying any more money into Waterford fc.

it seems the owner wasn't able to answer a call or text from Rennie for months but answered the call when dundalk sought permission to approach Rennie. certainly feeds the theories that he has lost all interest in the blues and has no intentions of paying any more money into Waterford fc.

Indeed it does so the FAI providing 180k to each clubs will help with running the club until the end of the season but who runs the club when we get back up and running, who interviews the manager, is there someone in the ground running day to day operations? Mysterious club atm to say the least.

:D Great news but will we be back is the question

don't think there is any questions about it. if there is money there from fai Lee Power will be back. The fans need to boycott the ground until Lee Power is gone

Just to play the Devil's advocate, you could say that this has been some very successful hardball negotiating from Power and from other club owners, to get more Government funding for the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

don't think there is any questions about it. if there is money there from fai Lee Power will be back. The fans need to boycott the ground until Lee Power is gone
    The club has been run badly since the 70s, its not a recent development.

hardybuck wrote: »
    Just to play the Devil's advocate, you could say that this has been some very successful hardball negotiating from Power and from other club owners, to get more Government funding for the league.

oh 110% i agree with you. Rennie wasn't a Lee Power yes man so LP will bring his yes man in. He will get rid of the likes of Tony Burke etc working behind the scenes. What's more interesting is the amount of libel stuff posted up on the Blues Supporters page about Jack and Lee Power about certain off the field activities. Lads posting up stuff thinking the Power's were gone forever. I'd say one or two will have their bank balances cleaned out.

oh 110% i agree with you. Rennie wasn't a Lee Power yes man so LP will bring his yes man in. He will get rid of the likes of Tony Burke etc working behind the scenes. What's more interesting is the amount of libel stuff posted up on the Blues Supporters page about Jack and Lee Power about certain off the field activities. Lads posting up stuff thinking the Power's were gone forever. I'd say one or two will have their bank balances cleaned out.

The Lads have no filter at all or no brains to realise that stuff sticks with their full names and everything about themselves on it. That page is a cesspit. One lad got banned from the RSC and still continues to spout ****e, a supposedly grown man. Crazy. Off the field the club and fans are off the charts with BS.

The Lads have no filter at all or no brains to realise that stuff sticks with their full names and everything about themselves on it. That page is a cesspit. One lad got banned from the RSC and still continues to spout ****e, a supposedly grown man. Crazy. Off the field the club and fans are off the charts with BS.

agree fully. imagine having a fan run club by reading some of the stuff on that page because i'd say a few of those lads have ideas about themselves being involved.

• Advertisement

agree fully. imagine having a fan run club by reading some of the stuff on that page because i'd say a few of those lads have ideas about themselves being involved.

That’s the problem and why it never would work. Lads think they’re in the mafia, watched too much green street and overall are so immature it is incredible for their ages. It’s a shambles tbh. There’s so many different groups from the journos to Block E to supporters club to the normal run of the mill fan. The best ones are the ones who stay out of all the **** and just go to the matches.

Advertisement