Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

'An all time low?' Ffs.

How old are you?

In relatively recent times, while the team was floundering in the first division, the directors had to chip in to pay for the room where they held the board meeting.

I’m talking about this current ownership. Easy Tiger.

PTH2009 wrote: »

That’s wild, remember going on a school trip to watch Ireland & he scored the winner vs Bolivia with an absolute beauty.

It's not a private group. You don't have to create a fake account to gain access to it.

No but obviously whoever it was didn’t wanna be known.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

Few players in training today from across the pond and a few things happening in the RSC. I see someone in the club made a fake profile and gained access to the Waterford FC supporters club page and was commenting on a post last night, luckily they were found out and banned. Dunno who from the club it is though, how sad a “grown” up Club official has to do that crap. No wonder things are at an all time low.

there is probably only 2 people that would do that. no screenshots of the posts have been published on the page so we don't know if they are true are not.

3 possible scenarios here;

1. Someone from the club did do what was actually stated
    2. Someone is taking the piss
    3. it was a deliberate fake profile from someone on the page to try and bad up the accusations they have put up on the page in the past few months.

i'd be more inclined to lean towards 2 or 3

Gardner wrote: »
    there is probably only 2 people that would do that. no screenshots of the posts have been published on the page so we don't know if they are true are not.

3 possible scenarios here;

1. Someone from the club did do what was actually stated
    2. Someone is taking the piss
    3. it was a deliberate fake profile from someone on the page to try and bad up the accusations they have put up on the page in the past few months.

i'd be more inclined to lean towards 2 or 3

Yea 3 is the most plausible, “ happened during the middle of the night” lol nobody would of seen it plus someone’s trying to get their banned lifted :D from the RSC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Jerry Atrick

Roddy Collins surely worth another go on as manager #therodsquad

Roddy Collins surely worth another go on as manager #therodsquad

He’s a fan of the Blaa’s boi haha wouldn’t leave him in charge of my dog and he’s buried a long time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Where Roddy goes liquidation follows...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Wow. One of my favourite players back in the day. He played the killer pass to David Kelly that started the Lansdowne riots.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://waterford-news.ie/2020/07/08/john-sheridan-set-to-be-named-as-new-blues-boss/#.XwXAYrjTXqt

Can't say I know much about him but wish him luck and hopefully he brings something positive to the squad

Sneak into 4th place and hope someone top 3 wins the cup (that's if they will be one) then its European football

• Advertisement

https://waterford-news.ie/2020/07/08/john-sheridan-set-to-be-named-as-new-blues-boss/#.XwXAYrjTXqt

Can't say I know much about him but wish him luck and hopefully he brings something positive to the squad

Sneak into 4th place and hope someone top 3 wins the cup (that's if they will be one) then its European football

Has to be a positive with his name alone in international football plus keeping some of the coaching staff is a very good move plus Daryl Murphy too it’s a pity we won’t be able to go watch The Blues as those two names alone would draw big crowds.

Has to be a positive with his name alone in international football plus keeping some of the coaching staff is a very good move plus Daryl Murphy too it’s a pity we won’t be able to go watch The Blues as those two names alone would draw big crowds.

Is it actually true about Daryl Murphy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Class player, played for Sheffield Wednesday when they were good. Bit lazy but good on the ball. Like a Wesley Houlihan from 30 years ago, also played 230 games for Leeds, but I had to look that up, thought it was about 100, was capped 34 times by Ireland, and played when they beat Italy 1-0 in USA 94 World Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Muttley79

Before Italy had pirlo we had Sheridan.lol.the world cup 94 team was centred around him running the show in midfield.a great playmaker and a great player,he will bring a wealth of experience with him.hopefully he will turn out a decent success for waterford.wishing him all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Is it actually true about Daryl Murphy ?

apparently he is training with the blues this week. his family is based in Waterford so seems certainly he is planning to move home when his career in England is finished, which appears to be now.

Sheridan is a really good appointment in my view. I thought we were in serious bother when Rennie left, but the last week or so with Sheridan coming in as manager, Murphy on the verge of signing and most of the players on loan from British clubs returning here, it seems really positive which is a real turnaround in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Muttley79 wrote: »
    Before Italy had pirlo we had Sheridan.lol.the world cup 94 team was centred around him running the show in midfield.a great playmaker and a great player,he will bring a wealth of experience with him.hopefully he will turn out a decent success for waterford.wishing him all the best.

He was a lovely player, great comparison with pirlo.
    Interesting, exciting, good appointment. Good stuff

after all the doom and gloom talk a few weeks back (young power doing a runner, Club been sold etc) its great to have some positive stuff happening

Dundalk and Rovers the top 2 clubs and will be hard to stop and top 5 is what we should be aiming for. Be nice to get back to Europe (with our luck another pandemic would hit if we did :D:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Max Powers wrote: »
    He was a lovely player, great comparison with pirlo.
    Interesting, exciting, good appointment. Good stuff

Would ye ever go an fook off, Pirlo's toe nail maybe, the mouldy bit that fell off in his boot maybe :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I think he was a player or manager of Oldham if memory serves

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Muttley79

Would ye ever go an fook off, Pirlo's toe nail maybe, the mouldy bit that fell off in his boot maybe :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I think he was a player or manager of Oldham if memory serves

Wondered how long it would take for all the doom merchants would take to come back here on boards and spout more crap.if yeah have nothing nice to say p!ss off.obvousily yeah we're to young to remember John Sheridan playing for Sheffield wednesday.one of the games best playmakers in the premiership at the time.jack Charlton obviously saw something in him if he forced his way into a 5 man midfield for the world cup and found it impossible to drop him as he was the pivot in the team.now jog on for yourself as your mother probably wants the computer back.

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    apparently he is training with the blues this week. his family is based in Waterford so seems certainly he is planning to move home when his career in England is finished, which appears to be now.

Sheridan is a really good appointment in my view. I thought we were in serious bother when Rennie left, but the last week or so with Sheridan coming in as manager, Murphy on the verge of signing and most of the players on loan from British clubs returning here, it seems really positive which is a real turnaround in fairness.

Daryl has built his own house here in the last few years so he’s deffo planned to be home. Yea it’s been a great turnaround, power seems to have allot of connections. Hopefully it’ll turn up well and push into European places, started the league well for all the upheaval.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Positive appointment and a surprise move by LP. JS certainly has enough experience to move the club forward. With some player investment things could change for the better.

Daryl has built his own house here in the last few years so he’s deffo planned to be home. Yea it’s been a great turnaround, power seems to have allot of connections. Hopefully it’ll turn up well and push into European places, started the league well for all the upheaval.

who'd have thought we would be talking about ambitions of Europe the way things were a few weeks ago! obviously staying up is the priority, but with some good signings we could have a decent side again. Michael o Connor and Daryl Murphy up front looks very exciting !

who'd have thought we would be talking about ambitions of Europe the way things were a few weeks ago! obviously staying up is the priority, but with some good signings we could have a decent side again. Michael o Connor and Daryl Murphy up front looks very exciting !

Yea it’s a mad ownership but that could be brought on from the histrionics bright on by fans who think they need to know every little morsel of detail, LP has brought in some great players solve he’s taken over in fairness and brought wonderful times. I’ve been that person too whose got caught up in it all but they seem to be producing the goods again it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I don't think fans have been particularly hysterical.

I think any club owner that lays off their players and management by email, and subsequently goes to ground, will inevitably provoke a strong reaction from its fans.

Remember that this is also an owner that has openly talked about their disillusionment with the club and the league. Imagine that you worked for a business and the owner popped their head in every 6 months to tell you they weren't sure if they'd be interested in keeping the place open!?

I welcome the appointment of Sheridan, which to be fair is a coup. It probably indicates that a lot of coaching and playing staff in the UK are suffering hard times and open to offers. If money has gone from the game over there, squads will have to be trimmed which might offer opportunities to anyone who has cash.

I can see how a businessman would roll the dice and invest in the hope of getting a European place.

hardybuck wrote: »
    I don't think fans have been particularly hysterical.

I think any club owner that lays off their players and management by email, and subsequently goes to ground, will inevitably provoke a strong reaction from its fans.

Remember that this is also an owner that has openly talked about their disillusionment with the club and the league. Imagine that you worked for a business and the owner popped their head in every 6 months to tell you they weren't sure if they'd be interested in keeping the place open!?

I welcome the appointment of Sheridan, which to be fair is a coup. It probably indicates that a lot of coaching and playing staff in the UK are suffering hard times and open to offers. If money has gone from the game over there, squads will have to be trimmed which might offer opportunities to anyone who has cash.

I can see how a businessman would roll the dice and invest in the hope of getting a European place.

Some of the fan stuff is over the top, it’s mental stuff. I’m not backing up LP, far from it but when you’re losing money like he has and a lot of LOI owners then it is fair for him to wonder will he be able to keep it going, it’s a huge financial burden, it’s okay for us going in and out of the gate and if we don’t want to go to a match then we don’t, openers are footing the bill for everything every day and have alot more to deal with. Some of his actions haven’t been great at all but he’s done a hell of a lot of great things too. The attendances even at its worst has been 300% better then when he took over. These fans who have vested their lives around The Blues are entitled to information and it being better run on the ground but they don’t own the club like alot it them think they do.

Matt Keane was on Damien tiernan show earlier, sounds very positive, Daryl will sign when contractual issues with Bolton are ironed out but just a matter of time. he did make a good point about the 4 teams in Europe who were meant to have that mini tournament at Lansdowne road which was cancelled, they are all back training 6 weeks and will have a massive advantage over the other teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Alan Reynolds has been brought into the Irish U21 setup. Power acting the pr1ck probably did him a favour indirectly.

Matt Keane was on Damien tiernan show earlier, sounds very positive, Daryl will sign when contractual issues with Bolton are ironed out but just a matter of time. he did make a good point about the 4 teams in Europe who were meant to have that mini tournament at Lansdowne road which was cancelled, they are all back training 6 weeks and will have a massive advantage over the other teams.

Yea absolutely, the FAI should of had them all back together.

Yea absolutely, the FAI should of had them all back together.

That would have been difficult when certain clubs were laying their squads off.

I think the four clubs wanted to go back because they needed to - European football. The league could have been back a lot sooner had the other clubs shown any interest in doing so.

Perhaps Government funding could have come sooner, but in fairness I think we can all agree that they had other priorities in April and May.

• Advertisement

Some of the fan stuff is over the top, it’s mental stuff. I’m not backing up LP, far from it but when you’re losing money like he has and a lot of LOI owners then it is fair for him to wonder will he be able to keep it going, it’s a huge financial burden, it’s okay for us going in and out of the gate and if we don’t want to go to a match then we don’t, openers are footing the bill for everything every day and have alot more to deal with. Some of his actions haven’t been great at all but he’s done a hell of a lot of great things too. The attendances even at its worst has been 300% better then when he took over. These fans who have vested their lives around The Blues are entitled to information and it being better run on the ground but they don’t own the club like alot it them think they do.

One of the obvious problems in this era is that the most ignorant seem to be able to make the most noise via social media - if they're given attention.

I think LP could do himself and everyone around him a favour by not articulating his disillusionment via the media, as I think this had a negative impact on players and the coaching staff. I think if they communicated better generally they'd be in a far stronger position.

Advertisement