Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Balls was looking forward to it (championship playoff final it will be so)

Hopefully it all gets sorted and we're back in action asap

That Sligo game must be cursed

let's hope the players test comes back as negative or the squad could be in a spot of bother with quarantine and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Second player has been tested and the club doctor has resigned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Matt Keane put up Second Blues player to be tested for Covid-19 . Breaking news. Sinead Fitzpatrick has resigned from her medical duties at the club following five years service claiming things are not right at the club.

Can’t trust The Owners with anything, the country has had very low infections is the club have brought in players without proper protocols followed the city will not support the club if they have been negligent of players health and the wider city. The first player was only tested today which isn’t good, hopefully it’s just a flu n no Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Matt Keane put up Second Blues player to be tested for Covid-19 . Breaking news. Sinead Fitzpatrick has resigned from her medical duties at the club following five years service claiming things are not right at the club.

Can’t trust The Owners with anything, the country has had very low infections is the club have brought in players without proper protocols followed the city will not support the club if they have been negligent of players health and the wider city. The first player was only tested today which isn’t good, hopefully it’s just a flu n no Covid.

Out of interest is there any confirmation that the club hasn’t acted properly ?

• Advertisement

Nypd wrote: »
    Out of interest is there any confirmation that the club hasn’t acted properly ?

Whose going to confirm that? The medical officer doesn’t resign her position saying things aren’t right at the club without any fire. The FAI investigation will confirm anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Is JS based in the south east?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

JS did not self isolate and a few players also. obviously SF told them to self isolate as per health guidelines but the club overruled her I'd say. She took a chance hoping nobody would contract it and it has blown up now. You can't blame her for resigning.
    Only last week we had a mouthpiece from the BSC on RTE asking everyone to get behind the club. Some bunch this lot. lap dogs to Lee Power.

Gardner wrote: »
    JS did not self isolate and a few players also. obviously SF told them to self isolate as per health guidelines but the club overruled her I'd say. She took a chance hoping nobody would contract it and it has blown up now. You can't blame her for resigning.
    Only last week we had a mouthpiece from the BSC on RTE asking everyone to get behind the club. Some bunch this lot. lap dogs to Lee Power.

I wouldn’t say the whole of the BSC are lapdogs to Power. Some ppl actually do have the best interests for the club in mind. Who was on RTE? The club overruling when they haven’t got a bit of medical knowledge towards SF, if the manager wasn’t going to self isolate then that’s a bad example for the rest of the squad. The country is at risk never mind just the club staff. She rightly resigned all this crap is going on way too long. Too many out for themselves Little Boy P, Daddy P & Rub D all selfish arrogant idiots. Sooner they are out of here the better, things improve them unravel as fast as they gain the trust back then screw up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Hopefully the test for the players come back negative and the club learns an important lesson as to the dangers which this virus presents.

• Advertisement

hardybuck wrote: »
    Hopefully the test for the players come back negative and the club learns an important lesson as to the dangers which this virus presents.

Doubt they’ll learn a thing, cowboy fc with these ppl in charge.

Great news the first player is negative for COVID19 :)

I’d say !!
    I’d say you’re the same kinda fella does his research on YouTube.

Bit rough on the BSC member referring to her as a mouth piece.

hopefully these off field issues stay off field and not affect the squad and management

Hopefully the 2nd players test comes back negative and we get back playing on Saturday vs Cork

That Sligo away game seems cursed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I think this will be the 'new normal' for the foreseeable.

Clubs will inevitably have scares as unlike Premier League stars they're ordinary people living in the community like the rest of us.

It also appears that the FAI have no sanctions in place for those not adhering to the rules. Surprising, but also not surprising from the FAI.

I’d say !!
    I’d say you’re the same kinda fella does his research on YouTube.

Bit rough on the BSC member referring to her as a mouth piece.

Exactly, god bless if someone talked through their mouth.

Exactly, god bless if someone talked through their mouth.

ok ok i should have said talking through their hole as usual!

Dry your eyes mate.

There’s one or Two in the BSC that aren’t approachable but there’s few good ppl in it, just cause they aren’t Block E then they are vilified cause they are affiliated to the club on the inside where in reality we need ppl on the inside. This in-fighting is the biggest most childish thing I’ve ever seen. Supposedly grown adults but I haven’t seen too many of them involved in this tit for tat crap.

There’s one or Two in the BSC that aren’t approachable but there’s few good ppl in it, just cause they aren’t Block E then they are vilified cause they are affiliated to the club on the inside where in reality we need ppl on the inside. This in-fighting is the biggest most childish thing I’ve ever seen. Supposedly grown adults but I haven’t seen too many of them involved in this tit for tat crap.

Football Hooligan films have created so much hope and ideas for some lads

• Advertisement

Don’t think any of them are involved in drama and do good work for the club.

Dry your eyes mate.

your eyes must be watering also with your auld lad opposing the roll out of 5G :o

Back training and I assume Saturdays game at home to cork is on ?

Bohs beating Dundalk tonight

A win for us tomorrow against Cork would be very welcome esp with our next 2 games vs Dundalk (Cup Tuesday 11th and league 14th)

Few nice moments of play but not at the races today

Probably cause of the drama during the week training was a bit disturbed

ends 0-0, suppose its 1pt but we could of got the win in injury time

tough as you get for us now next week with a cup and league trip too Dundalk (Tues 11th and Fri 14th)

It’s been a turbulent week at the club.
    I think the effects were seen on the field how many days training did we miss ?

Second player has tested negative for the blues great news for the player his family and of course the club.

2 wins would be great this week but massive ask

The league match is prob more important

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    2 wins would be great this week but massive ask

The league match is prob more important

I dunno Dundalk are rocked and I fancy this Blues side to do well this season, Two games so quick could actually help the squad build momentum and minutes under their belts.

Advertisement