Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Nypd wrote: »
    What stroke qualifying for Europe ?

Clubs may enter competition once the green light is given by the clubs national association if less then 3 years In existence.

WFC were fkd over because JD had given them a green light, it was a bus back on him not a stroke being pulled as you say.

Unfortunately we all knew during the season there was the possibility of losing Europe and clubs had aired their issues cause I remember the race to finish behind us was intensified in the run in, speaking to a few I know in Derry said the same during the run in to me. Power is a chancer just like JD. I think the way it was done with the FAI was disgusting and they have never done anything so quick in their lives. As for JS getting sacked haha Power doesn’t care once he’s getting results he’s shown that with his son and others in higher positions in the club and their behaviors that he’s little care about morals.

You can shoot down Perth all you want but this is their livelihood and he’s right to defend it. The amount that think it’s funny or talking JS comments lightly tells you everything about how you view the league you supposedly love. To speak to a manager like that is downright disrespectful. You only have to look at his assistant to see class and how to handle yourself in tough situations. JS has hardly managed glittering clubs, for a fella so down on the league he’s well able to take his wages every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

What stroke qualifying for Europe ?

Clubs may enter competition once the green light is given by the clubs national association if less then 3 years In existence.

WFC were fkd over because JD had given them a green light, it was a bus back on him not a stroke being pulled as you say.

Would you buy a second hand car off JD? It was a complete stroke and Pats new it was coming given the players they signed at the start if the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Something rotten going on in Waterford FC. The doctor walks and refuses to give any background to her decision. Your man shouting and roaring at players as if hes some big league Premier League hotshot. Seems to have an awful manner to him. Then Reynolds having to go as management werent even communicating with him.

The club is an absolute shadow of its former self.

Now everybody I would like to extend an apology on mycomments on Sheridan about the other night stories coming out of Oriel Park by Vinny Perth. There was a manager reported by the 4th officials at the end of the match and it wasn’t John Sheridan, also già pubs league comment was taken out of context as he was having a conversation and said they were playing at the time like a pubs league team and he has a lot of dirk to do. Perth throwing JS under the bus to protect his own neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Now everybody I would like to extend an apology on mycomments on Sheridan about the other night stories coming out of Oriel Park by Vinny Perth. There was a manager reported by the 4th officials at the end of the match and it wasn’t John Sheridan, also giubs league comment was taken out of context as he was having a conversation and said they were playing at the time like a pubs league team and he has a lot of dirk to do. Perth throwing JS under the bus to protect his own neck.
    That Perth was delirious in his interview, Sheridan was as cool as a breeze. There is a one of those managers under pressure, I wonder which one it is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Need a win Tuesday night against Sligo

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Need a win Tuesday night against Sligo

Yea I think we’ll beat them and Dundalk seem to be falling down so this could be a huge season to get into Europe and Gary was rightfully ours in regards to finishing in the European places that year.

whats the story with the youth team and the youth champions league ?

Didn't we qualify from winning last year's league

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

these lads aren't happy

Will he get the sack by Power ?, possibly but JS has to come out and tell his side of the story

Could JS walk away ? possibly too

Grown men mouthing off like that. ridiculous video. does anyone actually listen to these two gob****es

sligo game finally going ahead today 17.45 kick off

Need 3pts

• Advertisement

sligo game finally going ahead today 17.45 kick off

Need 3pts

We’ll get them too, seem to be playing well and huge incentive going into the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

New club doctor?

We’ll get them too, seem to be playing well and huge incentive going into the game.

Sligo are one of the most up and down teams in the league

Great one day and **** another day, let's hope there **** today

Sligo are one of the most up and down teams in the league

Great one day and **** another day, let's hope there **** today

Going well so far, Michael O'Connor scored. Playing good stuff

Sobowale is a great prospect

Did he come from the underage setup here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Played U19 for us, moved to Spain for a few months and played over there before coming back and playing for Finn Harps. Went to school in Mount Sion.

His younger brother Timi is over at Man City and played for Ireland U17’s, Tunmise goes by Timi sometimes so it’s caused a bit of confusion with commentators etc.

3 in the book for Sligo, kicking everything that moves

Don't know if it's a pub league, but the ref is a pub league referee, still 1-0, half way through the second half

1-1 now, gone too defensive, 76 mins gone

1-1 now, gone too defensive, 76 mins gone

Yeah killer blow esp after missing that free a few mins before

• Advertisement

Lost 2-1, late free kick, were desperate in the second half, didn't deserve anything.

Yeah killer blow esp after missing that free a few mins before

Had it gone 2-0, they could have closed it out, though the free was in OK, was a good hit from wilson

**** it anyway, Sligo better team in the 2nd half

We need to work on closing out a lead, Finn Harps in bad enough form atm and no excuses if we cant beat them at home on Sunday

:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Squad has lots of potential but far too thin.
    Murphy going off injured last week killed us.
    Bone off today and the defence was weak.

If he’s out for a few games we are in trouble.

Jesus lads the two teams couldn’t pass at way too many points in the game it was embarrassing at times, no rover the pubs league comment came in. Bone made 3 terrible decisions in a row which ended his night. They were so poor attacking wise in the second half, the lack of game intelligence is a major concern, the decision making was the poorest I’ve seen in a long time in the LOI and that’s saying alot. 5 huge points lost in the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

The loss of potential momentum is a other killer. Finn Harps at home this weekend which they should be aiming to win, followed by a small break and more crunch home games. With maybe Daryl Murphy back after the break they could have been pushing hard for top 4.

That said they've had three long away trips in a row now, and the disruption of the Covid scare. Maybe it's understandable if they're running out of gas in games.

I think there's a handful of teams who are a step above the rest (Rovers, Dundalk and
    Bohs) a team struggling (Finn Harps) and another big cluster of the rest which could all beat each other - I think Waterford are a definite member of that group of teams.

JS was right Vinny Perth was sacked

Rennie could be in trouble they have the money for a whole new management team

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

JS was right Vinny Perth was sacked

Rennie could be in trouble they have the money for a whole new management team

Interesting to see if they would consider Rennie for the job or would he take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Interesting to see if they would consider Rennie for the job or would he take it.

yeah I'd be thinking Rennie will be offered the job. I'd be surprised if he wasn't in the running anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭deisedude

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    yeah I'd be thinking Rennie will be offered the job. I'd be surprised if he wasn't in the running anyway

I thought they had already given it to a Man City youth coach?

Advertisement