Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

deisedude wrote: »
    I thought they had already given it to a Man City youth coach?

They have, some Canadian called Mark Burton, ask John Sheridan does he know who he is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

deisedude wrote: »
    I thought they had already given it to a Man City youth coach?

I see that being reported elsewhere now ... seems mad to me as I would think they have a natural successor there already in Rennie, but I'd be biased I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Motivator

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    I see that being reported elsewhere now ... seems mad to me as I would think they have a natural successor there already in Rennie, but I'd be biased I suppose!

Would ye stop. Reynolds will be coaching u12s soon enough and will be blessed to be doing so. You really think the best club in the country are going to hire Alan Reynolds as their manager? Comical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Motivator wrote: »
    Would ye stop. Reynolds will be coaching u12s soon enough and will be blessed to be doing so. You really think the best club in the country are going to hire Alan Reynolds as their manager? Comical.

Haha your quote is comical.

Motivator wrote: »

well they hired him as assistant manager so hardly too much of a stretch to think they rate him highly, likely on the advice of Stephen Kenny.

fair enough you don't rate Rennie, but I do. first division champions and then qualified us for Europe only for it to be taken away from us in a technicality.

• Advertisement

well they hired him as assistant manager so hardly too much of a stretch to think they rate him highly, likely on the advice of Stephen Kenny.

fair enough you don't rate Rennie, but I do. first division champions and then qualified us for Europe only for it to be taken away from us in a technicality.

Add to that running the whole club as a manager and putting squads together with minimal notice plus having a completely different squad for the second half of another season and keeping us in the premier division but sure that counts for nothing to some and their blindness. The club would of folded without him convincing Power to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

The roles of coach, assistant manager and manager are all very different.

Lots of top coaches will never be managers and lots of top managers wouldn't be good coaches.

Perth is probably a relevant example of someone who's a better assistant manager than manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jesus Dundalk down 3-1 against Sligo

No excuses need 3 points tomorrow against bottom of the table Finn Haprs

all over Finn Harps here

No excuses if we don't get 3pts

was just going to post FFS but 2-1 up now

Need to keep the heads about 9/10 mins still left

• Advertisement

FFS

Useless ****ing useless

3-2 down

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Another disaster!

2 - 3

terrible result. really poor.

how many goals have we conceded in last 10 minutes last few games.

hopefully we might learn how to defend a cross for remainder of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Deiselurker

Very frustrating result again yesterday. Our inability to defend crosses and set pieces and Tadgh Ryan panicking in goal has cost up dearly again. We have thrown away a lot of points in the last 3 games and could be third now if we could defend properly.

Very frustrating result again yesterday. Our inability to defend crosses and set pieces and Tadgh Ryan panicking in goal has cost up dearly again. We have thrown away a lot of points in the last 3 games and could be third now if we could defend properly.

Hopefully we can work on some stuff with the small break, Daryl Murphy needs to come in asap

Have to wonder is the job only a stop gap for JS (who has become a bit of an enemy with his pub league comments). I imagine jobs in the English/Scottish lower leagues are plentiful

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Hopefully we can work on some stuff with the small break, Daryl Murphy needs to come in asap

Have to wonder is the job only a stop gap for JS (who has become a bit of an enemy with his pub league comments). I imagine jobs in the English/Scottish lower leagues are plentiful

In the same way that loads of international players have made it more difficult for British and Irish players, the same seems to be true of management roles now too.

Once someone is out of work for any period it becomes harder and harder for them to get roles. For example a number of years back Phil Brown was interviewed for the Limerick job two years after managing in the premiership, and a year after managing Preston in the championship.

JS won't last beyond this season I'd imagine. He's here because he was out of work, his knee surgery was cancelled due to Covid, and because he is friendly with Power.

Not only that but something like 5 goals in the last 10 mins in the last 3 games, the lack of subs used is an issue because if the team is out on its feet you bring fresh legs but he doesn’t seem to trust players from the bench, I think his overall attitude to the league could cost us as he might be judging them unfairly to other jobs he had. He must remember he’s stuff to prove, his playing days aren’t the same as his managing days.

Not only that but something like 5 goals in the last 10 mins in the last 3 games, the lack of subs used is an issue because if the team is out on its feet you bring fresh legs but he doesn’t seem to trust players from the bench, I think his overall attitude to the league could cost us as he might be judging them unfairly to other jobs he had. He must remember he’s stuff to prove, his playing days aren’t the same as his managing days.

I was looking at the games we've played since the resumption, after 2 clean sheets in the first 2 games, we have conceded 7 goals in the last 13 minutes of games in the following 3 games, which has cost us valuable points. clearly the red card in dundalk and Brian Murphy's injury have had an impact but we really need to tighten up at the back.

the game against pats next week is huge now, we are being dragged into the relegation battle and we badly need a win.

I was looking at the games we've played since the resumption, after 2 clean sheets in the first 2 games, we have conceded 7 goals in the last 13 minutes of games in the following 3 games, which has cost us valuable points. clearly the red card in dundalk and Brian Murphy's injury have had an impact but we really need to tighten up at the back.

the game against pats next week is huge now, we are being dragged into the relegation battle and we badly need a win.

Crazy league when you look at what a win and or a loss does plus I think the keeper isn’t as bad, there’s alot more experience in defence then he has, they’ve been very poor on concentration too. As a whole the manager isn’t keeping the team fresh at all, Rennie was often criticised for changing the team but rarely were they ever out on their feet, I don’t think JS is grasping than we don’t have that long to build fitness and continually lose points.

• Advertisement

I doubt JS has bought a house and moved his family over here, prob staying in a hotel paid by the club

Sam Bone out for rest of season through injury. Big blow, had been doing well.

Sam Bone out for rest of season through injury. Big blow, had been doing well.

yeah such a shame

Can we get a loan of someone for the rest of the season for his position ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

I doubt JS has bought a house and moved his family over here, prob staying in a hotel paid by the club

Has a suite in the ard ri

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Has a suite in the ard ri

Complete rubbish, it’s in the Yellow House

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Complete rubbish, it’s in the Yellow House

Sponsored by the Cash and Carry in Kilbarry

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭skaface

He's staying in Norris's ðŸ˜

skaface wrote: »
    He's staying in Norris's ðŸ˜

those snooker tables are comfy ive heard

Daryl Murphy officially announced by the club as having signed up.

Massive boost and we need goals!

• Advertisement

Daryl Murphy officially announced by the club as having signed up.

Massive boost and we need goals!

What happened to the lad Whelan who was scoring a lot with the U19s last year?

Advertisement