Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

decies wrote: »
    Thanks for keeping the posts going 😜

You should really stoping hiding behind other peoples posts and actually post something constructive. Another poster replies with a thought out post and all you can muster is a click of the thanks button??????? Says alot really.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I've sought advice and we cannot comment on or suggest the backround of individuals unless this can be verified by reputible sources such as RTE, the Independant or the Times. I am going to delete previous posts which I feel violate this and from here on in, I will be dealing harshly with any posts which ignore this warning.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Hopefully this link is regarded as a reputable source, but there are many others also

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ismahil_Akinade

This is the player there is so much discussion about.

and this should it be required
    https://theukdatabase.com/2014/11/01/3-kildare-residents-each-receive-suspended-sentences-for-sexual-abuse-of-schoolgirl/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

• Advertisement

I've sought advice and we cannot comment on or suggest the backround of individuals unless this can be verified by reputible sources such as RTE, the Independant or the Times. I am going to delete previous posts which I feel violate this and from here on in, I will be dealing harshly with any posts which ignore this warning.

There has been reputable links posted throughout this thread over the last few days. As far as I can see from reading previous posts, no one has made any accusations that haven't been backed up by reputable links.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,383 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

could a mod change it the thread title to Waterford FC 2018 thread ???

next season we may actually get TV Money as we might the odd live match on RTE ??? Do Eir Sport or TV3 still show any League of Ireland

PTH2009 wrote: »

next season we may actually get TV Money as we might the odd live match on RTE ??? Do Eir Sport or TV3 still show any League of Ireland

Yeah Eir show some games alright. Hopefully the club will feature altho the problem with that is will it stop some people from actually going to the game if they know its live on tv? Its catch 22 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Looks like the mainstream media is ignoring this don’t be distracted by the attention seeker on here we have bigger fish to fry . Please spread the word . Thank You . I’d like to think most us rational people have morals and will do the right thing on this occasion .

There's something about wfc on the front page of the news and star but i think you have to guess what they're talking about and post your answers into them

DPKIfE-X0AANELe.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Afraid there’s no money from live matches on tv. (RTE anyway) It’s the FAI who benefit. Reduced attendances and they usually fcuk around with KO time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

PTH2009 wrote: »

New season, new thread, perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

joeysoap wrote: »
    Afraid there’s no money from live matches on tv. (RTE anyway) It’s the FAI who benefit. Reduced attendances and they usually fcuk around with KO time.

European games are the only place clubs can earn TV money. The changing of KO times is a big draw back to live games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Gardner wrote: »
    Had the usual few scoops every Monday night with my friend (25 years of ****e talk in a bar corner) who has been pretty bang on about life and the on goings of WUFC and now WFC. Initially I was very much against the signing but I’m actually ok with it now. People were/are crying out for a statement but actually this won’t happen under any circumstances due to previous legal actions/reasons. Even though Izzy was convicted of sexual assault, what happened could have happened to any of us at his age. its the legal system at fault here if what ive been told is true. Don’t want to say too much more been honest but mods can PM if they require further info.

Blaming the legal system for ones actions is an absolute cop out. Feel free to pm me but I doubt the details you have withheld will change my opinion on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭decies

Different facts appear to be emerging about this case tonight would advise mods to maybe DELETE theses posts and start again .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Different facts appear to be emerging about this case tonight would advise mods to maybe DELETE theses posts and start again .

Can you point us in the right direction other than the ones that have been printed in the press which pretty much condemn him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

He's right, certain parts of the reported case are completely wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I was on the WFC football group on fb. What a bunch of children on that site. Accusing each other of all sorts. "He started it first" was one of the comments I seen. Sad when you think about it.

He's right, certain parts of the reported case are completely wrong.

Where can one access the 'real truth'?

What are the different facts now then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

What are the different facts now then?

The facts are that this is an ongoing court case and shouldn't be discussed online. People can be held liable for what they post.

• Advertisement

south wrote: »
    The facts are that this is an ongoing court case and shouldn't be discussed online. People can be held liable for what they post.

So they signed a player that is still going to court?,what was the last court case about then :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Was there this much hassle when he signed for bohs?

south wrote: »

What case are you referring to?

The case sited in this thread was on foot of events in 2010, with the case completed in 2014.
    This link refers
    https://archive.fo/jgJwa

Are you referring to a different case?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭decies

Edit

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭tbarry31

Mod edit: snipped and banned for a week for ignoring my instruction to post a reliable source. Captain Havoc

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭billywilly

tbarry31 wrote: »
    Akinade who has signed for Waterford was not convicted of rape but has a sexual conviction. The sexual conviction was for having sex with somebody underage even though he was under age too

what is the legal age to have sex in ireland ?

billywilly wrote: »
    what is the legal age to have sex in ireland ?

Isnt it 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭tbarry31

I don't know the age thought it was 18 there must be something there she was 14 he was 16. Somebody with more knowledge would be able to answer better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Pop up shop will be in the RSC from Friday on for a few hours each weekday. Launch of the new yellow kit on Friday and an online shop will be launched on Monday where I'm told all the gear except the home kit will be available. Great to see the blues doing this before Christmas.

• Advertisement

Pop up shop will be in the RSC from Friday on for a few hours each weekday. Launch of the new yellow kit on Friday and an online shop will be launched on Monday where I'm told all the gear except the home kit will be available. Great to see the blues doing this before Christmas.

Will it be at a reasonable price?

Advertisement