Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Predictably were looking too sign some ex Cork City players
    Always happens between the Munster based clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Always happens between the Munster based clubs.

Always happens that Cork run out of money.

hardybuck wrote: »

Like ourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

People in glass houses and all that...

People in glass houses and all that...

Ah no, I don't think we're in the same league.

Cork are the only club in the second biggest city in Ireland, and have huge attendances at games. Despite these advantages they can't seem to keep the show on the road. They're currently on the cusp of going out of business for a second time?

Waterford are a poorly supported, smaller club in a smaller city who struggle to raise enough funds to compete with bigger clubs in the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Nothing earth shattering about our signings so far

2021 squad list.

Goalkeepers: Brian Murphy, Matthew Connor

Defenders:

Midfielders: Shane Griffin, John Martin, Niall O’Keeffe

Forwards: Daryl Murphy, Alex Phelan

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

did i read they're trying to get Bastian Hery back?

did i read they're trying to get Bastian Hery back?

His wage demands were too high sadly, possibly going to Bohs

christ thinking back to last season we really did **** up a golden opportunity. Euro football would of been great for the club even if the games were BCD. Sheridan going mid season killed us

https://twitter.com/WaterfordFCie/status/1354396300842840065?s=20

Our Under 19s will travel to Sweden to take on Hammarby FC in the Youth Champions league round of 64
    ro
    Best of luck to them, do they need any water carriers to travel over :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Our Under 19s will travel to Sweden to take on Hammarby FC in the Youth Champions league round of 64
    ro

Looked like a complicated process, couldn't understand the workings of the competition, I don't think there are any groups this year, just knockout matches

• Advertisement

144750940_5076564995750211_8036595791490986025_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=2&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=7VXeX5upRQYAX_uNIVn&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=e2a0ebadf419f5b4b7c50b0c848bc205&oe=603D7360

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

ro

Now have withdrawn from competition as they cannot train under Level 5 restrictions!

https://twitter.com/WaterfordFCie/status/1357664735521632256

Frustrating but understandable.

Yeah disappointing for the fans and even more disappointing for the players and management im sure

Very quite on the senior front about signings, apparently Joe Hodge of Man City is linked with a loan move to either us or Derry City

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mad Peggy

i could never understand why my grand children got english tops for Christmas with delight but when they went to a game of football on the cork road they came home very sad am i a bad nanny for doing this

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Deiselurker

Disappointing again for the club not to be able to play in Europe after earning our place but sounds like there wasn't much option. We need to start seeing some signings soon for the senior team. Are the team in pre season training yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Deiselurker

Disappointing again for the club not to be able to play in Europe after earning our place but sounds like there wasn't much option. We need to start seeing some signings soon for the senior team. Are the team in pre season training yet?

Just heard on WLR sports show that they are back training on Monday and working on more signings. The pandemic is making it hard to sign players especially from the UK because of the travel restrictions.

The pandemic is making it hard to sign players especially from the UK because of the travel restrictions.

Good. Serves the owner right.

Good. Serves the owner right.

The owner that pumped millions into the club and saved it .....yeah a horrible person.

The owner that pumped millions into the club and saved it .....yeah a horrible person.

Well you said that, not me.

Lee Power is running a business with the hope it'll benefit Lee Power. He'll be there for as long as it suits him.

Nothing personal, but I'm disgusted by the way they've done business, and how poorly it reflects on Waterford

I'd be rather amused that his transfer strategy would come back to bite him though.

I'm also curious as to how Waterford FC functions as a club - can you become a member of it?

• Advertisement

2 new signings Oscar Brennan and Josh Collins

Don't know a lot about these guys but hopefully they do a good job for us. Nothing earth shattering given the calibre of our management team (im possibly getting a bit carried away with that statement, not all good players make good managers)

Bringing in a few loan signings which is good to see

Bringing in a few loan signings which is good to see

Not really. The loans will end in June and it's back to square one. Shambolic way to run a club.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Not really. The loans will end in June and it's back to square one. Shambolic way to run a club.

Curious to know why you think it’s shambolic ?

Nypd wrote: »

Waterford FC is like a franchise team who plays in the stadium provided by the Council.

Each year a team of players are hired in from around Ireland and the UK. At the end of each year they mostly scatter to the four winds.

I'm sure many people are happy enough with that and are looking forward to see how the latest batch of unknown quantities get on, personally I couldn't get excited about it.

How is it not?

The season ends in November. In June/July about half of the first team will leave as their loans are based on the English season. It's a stupid way of running a club.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭skaface

Waterford FC is like a franchise team who plays in the stadium provided by the Council.

Each year a team of players are hired in from around Ireland and the UK. At the end of each year they mostly scatter to the four winds.

I'm sure many people are happy enough with that and are looking forward to see how the latest batch of unknown quantities get on, personally I couldn't get excited about it.

Ye, Power taking a gamble again this year.. Hopefully the team gel straight away..
    It's a shame we don't get to keep a squad for more than a season.. Hard to build a team going forward like that.. I'm sure we'd all like to see a stable side that in time would be challangeing for honours.. At the same time, without Power, where would the club be.. In fairness, he's sticking with us and still spending money

Let's hope Sheedy is here for the long term and wont piss off half way through the season like Sheridan. If he had stayed i think we would be in Europe. Losing to Shelbourne at home last season ****ed us up, what could of been

We need a good start to the season and hopefully we will.

Watch LOI is returning with prices TBA

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2021/0225/1199369-fai-confirm-new-rte-deal-and-introduce-more-streaming/

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

How is it not?

The season ends in November. In June/July about half of the first team will leave as their loans are based on the English season. It's a stupid way of running a club.

You know a club is only allowed to sign or send out 4 loan players right ?
    Cameron Evans is on loan for the full season.

• Advertisement

You know a club is only allowed to sign or send out 4 loan players right ?
    Cameron Evans is on loan for the full season.

Is that in the LOI rules?

Advertisement