Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

One week out from the start of the new season when we travel to Drogheda next Friday 19th March

played a couple of friendly's which sadly didn't go our way, 1-1 draw to Treaty Utd (formerly Limerick FC) and a heavy 3-0 loss to Cork City. We play Wexford this weekend and hopefully we can get a win

Our signings have not been earth shattering by any means and we know that we could have big changes come the summertime when some loanees will go back to there clubs in England. If we can stay mid table and away from the relegation zone it will be a good season. A lot of what could of beens regarding last season if some things ended differently (a big one is if we of bet Shelbourne at home late last season we would of got to Europe :(:mad::( )

WatchLOI is back and costs €59 for 60+ games up till the mid season break. €5 cost for each game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Deiselurker

Last year was certainly a missed opportunity to qualify for Europe. I don't think we'll be in the hunt
    for that this year. The squad looks too young bar the two Murphys and most people are predicting a bottom 3 finish for us. I would gladly take mid table safety. Hopefully later in season we might get some fans back at games as watching games online or on tv at this level of football doesn't compare to being there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

This afternoon's game is live on Facebook.

This afternoon's game is live on Facebook.

1-0 win for us, good to get it a week before our 1st competitive game

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Better performance than last week (which wouldn’t have been hard)
    Would like to see to team further along now in terms of gelling but some good passages of play today aswell as some awful ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭skaface

Best of luck to the Blues this evening..
    Hopefully we get off to a winning start

FFS 1-0 loss with an own goal in the 89th min :(:(

PTH2009 wrote: »
    FFS 1-0 loss with an own goal in the 89th min :(:(

Going to be a long season me thinks..

skaface wrote: »
    Going to be a long season me thinks..

It's as simple as if there's anyone worse than us to go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Very disappointing to loose that way.
    I hear things are not right off the field either.
    Players not registered properly and unable to play last night.
    Jersey a fiasco no sponsor secured not even a players name on the jersey !
    What is our commercial manager up to ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Newell getting himself sent off too, WTF?? Need to settle down quickly.

Nypd wrote: »

You could almost call it shambolic.

Not surprised one bit

Shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

Aren't you or your auld lad a member of the BSC?
    Sure why not ask them to ask what Rub Dunphy is up to? Why not ask also what our operations manager Tony Burke is up to? That's what a so called supporters club are about, holding the club accountable.

Why not ask them also why supporters traveled to United Park last weekend and we're present at the game when they were not members of the coaching or playing staff? They have thrown pics up on social media. WLR have a bandwagon of hangers on also attending games.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

Gardner wrote: »
    Sure why not ask them to ask what Rub Dunphy is up to? Why not ask also what our operations manager Tony Burke is up to? That's what a so called supporters club are about, holding the club accountable.

Why not ask them also why supporters traveled to United Park last weekend and we're present at the game when they were not members of the coaching or playing staff? They have thrown pics up on social media. WLR have a bandwagon of hangers on also attending games.

Blues supporters were actually in the ground on Friday night??

Tonights home games vs Sligo Rovers is live on RTE kick off at 19.45

Need to get something out of this game

Tonights home games vs Sligo Rovers is live on RTE kick off at 19.45

Need to get something out of this game

In what is going to be a difficult season I'd imagine, Results at Home will be massive..
    Hon dá Blues

Balls

Going to be a long season, let's hope its just taking a bit of time for the team to gel

Balls

Going to be a long season, let's hope its just taking a bit of time for the team to gel

This is a below average team only decent players Murphy in goal , Mascoll and Waite

Sligo have an excellent front line and could conjure up goals The Blues won’t

Cuttlefish wrote: »
    This is a below average team only decent players Murphy in goal , Mascoll and Waite

Sligo have an excellent front line and could conjure up goals The Blues won’t

No lack of effort tonight, just a lack of quality

• Advertisement

skaface wrote: »
    No lack of effort tonight, just a lack of quality

Agree no lack of effort however little structure when moving forward someone like John Kavanagh bounding forward would have been good

Midfield was constantly overrun and the team formation wasn’t there

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I was encouraged by what I saw last night.
    OK, they are not 'a team' yet, and the last third is definitely lacking, but the effort, willingness and fitness seem to be there for the most part.

It is up to the manager to get them 'gelled' and to develop them.
    They have the basis of a team that can not only survive this season, but maybe develop into something good and finish up the table.

I have some hope .......

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Everybody knows The Commercial Manager is out of his depth, but could someone please explain how when nobody is allowed to go to a game and we would all love to,but we have to abide by the rules, then you are watching the game live and see close to 50 sitting in main stand like Mark Dunne is security and covid officer surely it shouldn't be allowed ffs there was more in RSC Friday night then in Aviva last night

1967 wrote: »
    Everybody knows The Commercial Manager is out of his depth, but could someone please explain how when nobody is allowed to go to a game and we would all love to,but we have to abide by the rules, then you are watching the game live and see close to 50 sitting in main stand like Mark Dunne is security and covid officer surely it shouldn't be allowed ffs there was more in RSC Friday night then in Aviva last night

I noticed that during the game too!! Commentator mentioned that the dug outs had moved across to the new stand so expected and saw the support staff and subs sitting in the main stand so was surprised when the camera caught a shot of bodies in the main stand - who were they ???

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

I think the club should answer that as there shouldn't be anyone at the game so they must know who they are, to me just a bunch of selfish freeloaders

1967 wrote: »
    I think the club should answer that as there shouldn't be anyone at the game so they must know who they are, to me just a bunch of selfish freeloaders

Sure they wont answer to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭billywilly

Gardner wrote: »

Something has to be done with these idiots running the match day activities. Whoever allowed these arseholes into the stadium should me made accountable for it. We are in the middle of a pandemic and it's an insult to to the fans who stayed at home. But there's alway the same few arseholes who think they can do what they want. WLR have a lot to answer to aswell as some of these arseholes are been brought into games by the radio staff

billywilly wrote: »
    Something has to be done with these idiots running the match day activities. Whoever allowed these arseholes into the stadium should me made accountable for it. We are in the middle of a pandemic and it's an insult to to the fans who stayed at home. But there's alway the same few arseholes who think they can do what they want. WLR have a lot to answer to aswell as some of these arseholes are been brought into games by the radio staff

Haven’t seen any pictures on social media from the first game of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭billywilly

165341689_10158409320609862_4017826654682347325_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=ZVcpHz8CwyYAX-92RUN&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=d3191740574a82a443e2769164fb9cf1&oe=60877836
    Cuttlefish wrote: »
    Haven’t seen any pictures on social media from the first game of the season

• Advertisement

billywilly wrote: »
    165341689_10158409320609862_4017826654682347325_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=ZVcpHz8CwyYAX-92RUN&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=d3191740574a82a443e2769164fb9cf1&oe=60877836

Can’t view it

Advertisement