Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

The people running the club are fond of paying English non league stiffs a few quid, they appear to have signed dizzee rascal to play up front, he is a very poor player, who runs around a bit and has no impact. He is not junior league standard from what I have seen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

hardybuck wrote: »
    Can anyone shed some light on why a new jersey was only introduced 4-5 games into the season, and a shirt sponsor a week later?

They said that the gear got stuck in UK due to Brexit. Umbro accepted responsibility for the delay.

But I supposed the new gear is like the squad - all done at the last minute!

The people running the club are fond of paying English non league stiffs a few quid, they appear to have signed dizzee rascal to play up front, he is a very poor player, who runs around a bit and has no impact. He is not junior league standard from what I have seen

There definitely seems to be a lack of quality in the squad and it's terrible to think that they left the likes of Sam Bone, Ali Coote, Robbie MCourt, Tyreke Wilson and more leave the club.

It is happening every season.

Final match played - other clubs announce they have re signed players.

Waterford fans waiting months to hear if the owner is selling or staying.

Wasn't there a story about the club telling players they weren't getting new contracts before the last game of the season where they still had a chance of getting European football.

And when everyone else has their work done in building a squad, we get the scraps of what is left and end up picking up these guys from lower leagues or abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

scout353 wrote: »
    There definitely seems to be a lack of quality in the squad and it's terrible to think that they left the likes of Sam Bone, Ali Coote, Robbie MCourt, Tyreke Wilson and more leave the club.

It is happening every season.

Final match played - other clubs announce they have re signed players.

Waterford fans waiting months to hear if the owner is selling or staying.

Wasn't there a story about the club telling players they weren't getting new contracts before the last game of the season where they still had a chance of getting European football.

And when everyone else has their work done in building a squad, we get the scraps of what is left and end up picking up these guys from lower leagues or abroad.

The 2 boys are gone now, they might bring dizzee with them. It's turned into a joke club, but it's been like that for a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Daryl Murphy player manager ??

At this stage who would want the job with the stuff going around about the club

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Daryl Murphy player manager ??

At this stage who would want the job with the stuff going around about the club

I'd like to see someone like Shane Keegan get it. Badly messed around at Dundalk though, could see how he'd want to avoid it happening again.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Well Jose Mourinho is available :):D

I'd like to see someone like Shane Keegan get it. Badly messed around at Dundalk though, could see how he'd want to avoid it happening again.

Shane Keegan could be a good shout - wasn't he at Wexford for a number of years?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

This club as a new manager every fortnight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

This farce sums up the mess the club has become. it's really disappointing to see happening

I wouldn't be surprised to see the club up for sale on daft.ie at this stage.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the club up for sale on daft.ie at this stage.

classified section of the Munster express more like at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭SeanieW1977

PTH2009 wrote: »

Adrian Flanagan is neither qualified nor fit to comment on matters sporting or otherwise.

The club has come out to say this is not true since. If he is found to be in the wrong here, he should be sacked by the paper too.

Is he barred from the club grounds? If he isnt he should be.

This is another in a long line of sensationalist stories he "breaks" without any fact checking.

When Power is ran out of town, what will be left?

All these goons and mouthpieces like flanagan do more harm then good to Waterford.

Adrian Flanagan is neither qualified nor fit to comment on matters sporting or otherwise.

The club has come out to say this is not true since. If he is found to be in the wrong here, he should be sacked by the paper too.

This is another in a long line of sensationalist stories he "breaks" without any fact checking.

All these goons and mouthpieces like flanagan do more harm then good to Waterford.

Update - Waterford FC since released a statement.

Adrian Flanagan is barred from the rsc since last year I think

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    Adrian Flanagan is barred from the rsc since last year I think

Easy see why.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

100% agree. For the local paper to put this to print without proper fact checking is nothing short of scandalous. Journalism for Dummies.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

In fairness, yeah Adrian put it out there this afternoon, but he isnt the only person saying it, I have seen a number of tweets from others also that are saying it also. The word is that the two of them informed the squad they were leaving and the club have since had meetings with them both to discuss the matter further. Whether they end up leaving or not, they did definitely inform the squad that they were going by all accounts.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    In fairness, yeah Adrian put it out there this afternoon, but he isnt the only person saying it, I have seen a number of tweets from others also that are saying it also. The word is that the two of them informed the squad they were leaving and the club have since had meetings with them both to discuss the matter further. Whether they end up leaving or not, they did definitely inform the squad that they were going by all accounts.

Have we evidence of this? His word won’t pass. Because if adrian Flanagan said the sky was blue I’d want a second opinion.

Let the paper print it and black out names.

• Advertisement

Have we evidence of this? His word won’t pass. Because if adrian Flanagan said the sky was blue I’d want a second opinion.

Let the paper print it and black out names.

Well have you evidence what the club is saying is true?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭skaface

No smoke without fire..
    Obviously something happened at training again
    and there was a bust up. Not a good sign of unity in the camp when things are being leaked every other day.. Not as many twists in Eastenders these days!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

skaface wrote: »
    No smoke without fire..
    Obviously something happened at training again
    and there was a bust up. Not a good sign of unity in the camp when things are being leaked every other day.. Not as many twists in Eastenders these days!!!!

Agree, a couple years of stability, stable management team and stable core of players would be great / needed

Well have you evidence what the club is saying is true?

i dont need it.

Flanagan broke it first - he fired the first shot - onus is on him to prove it.

& when you say leaked? Hardly someone like flanagan with an obvious chip on his shoulder (barred from club) going running looking for any bit of siht he can fire at the club?

Its a sad day when personal agendas are being played out by the local media - as has been the case for years sporting and otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

Gardner wrote: »
    Nigel Kelly yesterday asked KS a question and in pure Gavin Whelan style, he answered the question for him before even KS answered. Flanagan has an article in this weeks N&S and the only thing worth reading is the headline. The article itself has no bite in it. For a man that has been banned from the RSC he should be going full throttle at the Club, Lee Power, Rub Dunphy and Tony Burke. Either he is incapable of doing it or he doesn't have the support of his paper. I think it's a bit of both! Matt Keane is so far up the clubs ass he isn't going to press any buttons and is generally piss poor. His posts on the Blues Supporters page are generally a clap on the back to himself.

We have no good local journalist to tackle the issues within the club head on whether it's a damning article in one of the local rags or in a one on one interview on WLR. Furthermore, we have the BSC who are simply lap dogs to the club and have not represented the best interest of their members/fans and are going to go down the same route of previous official supporters clubs....oblivion!

Think my post is very much vilified and justified from yesterdays shenanigan's. AF while not a very good journalist has actually done a decent service here. While he might think he is on his own here but he really isn't. There are independent fans out there who want more of this. No harm whatsoever rocking the boat. If you are reading this AF, its time to go after Lee Power, Rub Dunphy and Tony Burke and get your editor and paper to back you. It's also time for you to relinquish your membership of the BSC and go after them. There not innocent either. All they have done is publish articles on their Facebook page from local media without comment. Never once have they come out and backed the players or the management / club (if that is their opinion). Absolute numpties running the show and just lap dogs to Rub Dunphy and the WFC.
    It also proves my other point about Matt Keane. MK is so far up the clubs arse it's unbelievable. Not a dickie bird out of him. It's time like this that local journalists back their fellow journalist up PUBLICLY.

It's beyond comprehension how local businesses are still backing the club at this moment and time. Rub Dunphy is going around in a local car dealers car with their logo and name on it while he is the most hated & disrespected man in local football.

scout353 wrote: »
    Shane Keegan could be a good shout - wasn't he at Wexford for a number of years?

Shane Keegan was at Wexford, and I've heard about him on the radio talking bringing young lads down to the regional coaching sessions in Waterford while working in youth coaching in Carlow.

Got relegated with Galway - inherited a mess in Dundalk.

I'm not sure if he's a good manager or not, but he seems to have his badges and speaks passionately about the game.

Never thought I’d see the day where I agree with something Gardner says, but his above post is spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

Never thought I’d see the day where I agree with something Gardner says, but his above post is spot on.

Welcome to the club :P:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SteveWFC

Easy see why.

Because he reported that John Sheridan was flying over and back to the UK, which was true, and because he transcribed Rennies on-air comments during the Dundalk game. That amounts to a vendetta against the commercial manager apparently. That club operates in a different world to the one we live in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SteveWFC

First name to pop into my head. We have a young local squad. Keegan did a great job at Wexford and then Galway so he has a good record of working with young sides.

I thought Sheedy and Newell had a reputation for working with and developing young players. They should have signed 10 defenders to play the way they’re playing now. We might actually get the odd 0-0 that they set up for! Seriously, when you hear of the fights in training (which have us without Brennan for God knows how long), Murphy dropped for questioning management, Newell getting 2 reds in 3 games and the management walking out of training you’d wonder what it is that they’re bringing to the table.

The club confirmed that the management didn’t take training on Thursday but didn’t say why. People within the club are leaking to local media because you can’t talk to anyone in that club without being shunned. Anyone who questions the manager or commercial manager are driven out. It’s like a secret society and they act offended and inconvenienced when they’re asked a bloody question as if they should never have to explain what’s going on.

Advertisement