Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Re Europe, I think the name change isn't the issue - it was the legal entity behind the club that changed and that is what contravened the UEFA rules.

However, a certain JD apparently gave Power confirmation that it would not be an issue but his demise played havoc with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

blacksuir wrote: »
    I dont think it is right to blame Lee Power for all that is happening at the club. Nor might it be right to blame the Manager.

But it is Power who funds the club and if he is slow to commit each season as he has been the last two years, then whoever the manager may be, is only picking up the scraps of what is left.

IIRC, Rennie mentioned the frustration about not having any budget or funds confirmed each season after he left.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I thought Waterford FC was a brand-new club on paper, like Cork or Derry, which is why they didn't qualify for Europe? I didn't think it was as straight forward as just a name change.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Only 3 subs on the bench tonight by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

0-2 down at HT :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

hardybuck wrote: »
    Only 3 subs on the bench tonight by the looks of it.

The club statement about it should be interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Brian Murphy not even a sub. Clearly more stuff going on. well beaten tonight and a tough away game Monday. we are well and truly in for a relegation battle this season unfortunately it appears.

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    Brian Murphy not even a sub. Clearly more stuff going on. well beaten tonight and a tough away game Monday. we are well and truly in for a relegation battle this season unfortunately it appears.

Another disappointing night, we will hardly upset the odds on Monday night and beat Rovers.

Its going to be a long season and if things stay the way they are Sheedy/Newell will be gone by the mid season break

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Another disappointing night, we will hardly upset the odds on Monday night and beat Rovers.

Its going to be a long season and if things stay the way they are Sheedy/Newell will be gone by the mid season break

I think they'll be gone by this time on Monday evening.

3 subs listed. 3 subs not used. Bizarre.

Blues away to Rovers now at 2pm

tough fixture and hard to be confident

• Advertisement

4 subs named by us today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭deisedude

4 subs named by us today

Waterford FC under Power are a horrible, horrible club. Everything you don't want a football club to be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

deisedude wrote: »
    Waterford FC under Power are a horrible, horrible club. Everything you don't want a football club to be

Wtf are ye on about. Hold on now and we go back to getting hammered by athlone and limerick.

Wtf are ye on about. Hold on now and we go back to getting hammered by athlone and limerick.

Genuine question. Do you think Power will still own the club in 3-5 years and where do you think the club will be?

Those hammerings aren't too far away the way the club is being run

0-2 down already

2 down at half time. no cutting edge up front at all, plenty of possession again but don't look like scoring a goal at all.

beaten 3-0. massive game against Drogheda next Saturday at the rsc.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭blacksuir

4 subs named by us today

How many can be named and used.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭blacksuir

deisedude wrote: »

Do explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

4 subs named by us today

Apparently Shhedy is deliberately only naming three subs as some kind of protest against the standard of refereeing. Quite how this impacts on referees is beyond me.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/6932011/waterford-kevin-sheedy-naming-three-subs-loi-officials/

Reading between the lines he doesn't have any other players to put on the bench anyway. And he wouldn't have to name a teenage keeper...

The sooner this ****ing idiot and his sidekick get the boot the better.

• Advertisement

The sooner this ****ing idiot and his sidekick get the boot the better.

How the 2 of left the Middle East for Waterford is beyond me

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

The club is being run into the ground! Embarrassing is the only word to describe it

Where are players like Eric Molloy or Isaac TShipamba?? Is Matt Connor gone or injured, D Murphy??

GET BRIAN MURPHY BACK BETWEEN THE STICKS!!! Sorry for shouting

Blues supporters used to mock CCFC but Waterford is bad if not worse than CCFC

At least CCFC have a big supporter base and decent sponsorship with a big pool of sponsors to draw from

Talks on the Facebook page of fans/ supporters stumping up money monthly/ yearly - would never been enough and there wouldn't be enough fans to sign up

The club needs local business people with an interest in Waterford FC to come together draw up a financial plan and work with a dedicated supporters committee to run the club

There are some businesses who are still behind Waterford FC all these years - Perennial Freight, Viking Hotels etc

Why can't some players gain sports scholarships with WIT/ Carlow IT etc etc and line out for The Blues as part of the scholarship program ??

Scholarships in the college would be an obvious way to support young lads as they made the move from the academy to the first team, especially as less young lads will be going to the UK after Brexit.

However I don't think the current ownership could commit to anything over a 3-4 year period while a player was getting a degree.

Does Henry De Bromhead like soccer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

hardybuck wrote: »
    Scholarships in the college would be an obvious way to support young lads as they made the move from the academy to the first team, especially as less young lads will be going to the UK after Brexit.

However I don't think the current ownership could commit to anything over a 3-4 year period while a player was getting a degree.

I know my remarks can be bit flippant as it ain’t that straight forward to establish and maintain a scholarship program and yes present owners might not even be there in three months let alone three years but it is something that could have been established and the program could encompass a number of teams say Waterford and Wexford

The ownership should be of people or businesses with Waterford / South east - great Lee Power can to Waterford but we now realise he doesn’t have Waterford Fc at his heart for him it is merely a business plan that hasn’t worked out

Need local managers too - someone who cares bout Waterford FC - Sheridan didn’t

blacksuir wrote: »
    Do explain.

I would be here all day if I started.

Look at the subs bench the last 2 games and tell me any normal club that's well run that does that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Cuttlefish wrote: »
    The club is being run into the ground! Embarrassing is the only word to describe it

Where are players like Eric Molloy or Isaac TShipamba?? Is Matt Connor gone or injured, D Murphy??

GET BRIAN MURPHY BACK BETWEEN THE STICKS!!! Sorry for shouting

Blues supporters used to mock CCFC but Waterford is bad if not worse than CCFC

At least CCFC have a big supporter base and decent sponsorship with a big pool of sponsors to draw from

Talks on the Facebook page of fans/ supporters stumping up money monthly/ yearly - would never been enough and there wouldn't be enough fans to sign up

The club needs local business people with an interest in Waterford FC to come together draw up a financial plan and work with a dedicated supporters committee to run the club

There are some businesses who are still behind Waterford FC all these years - Perennial Freight, Viking Hotels etc

Why can't some players gain sports scholarships with WIT/ Carlow IT etc etc and line out for The Blues as part of the scholarship program ??

It seems like such a basket case from outside looking in I can see how local business would hold back from putting money in.

Meanwhile in Swindon, the court cases regarding ownership, and general disputes, continue.

The clubs co-owners secured a High Court injunction which prevented Power from selling his stake in the club without their permission. The club is hopelessly insolvent apparently, and the club have ceased all communications with their supporters club.

If any of the local journalists are reading this thread - please try and get a copy of the club's audited financial statements so we can see how dire the situation is.

• Advertisement

dzilla wrote: »
    It seems like such a basket case from outside looking in I can see how local business would hold back from putting money in.

I would be very reluctant to have my business associated with such a toxic brand.

Advertisement