Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About to Pull the Plug on Diesel

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Anyway, two more days...!

get in current car.
    get flask.
    get blanket.
    camp outside Nissan :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

n97: good intel here, what are you driving and whats the driving strategy on the M roads?

I avoid them if they're tolled, especially the M4 toll, as driving at 120km/h means a lot less economy than 90-100km/h. I'd probably have to stop twice to charge as a result, making the journey slower overall (and more expensive).

I haven't travelled the M7 enough to form a strategy other than avoid Naas and Cashel, but as I said Ballacolla has been quiet for me.

Ditto with M6. First FCP after Lucan is Kilbeggan (there is one in the tolled bit of the M4, but I take the old road between Kilcock and Kinnegad). It's usually ok, but can be iced by locals in their TDIs. M6 has a few more hills than the N4 which don't help.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

n97 mini wrote: »
    ...but can be iced by locals in their TDIs...

Ha ha, love the term.
    "Iced" now in my dictionary...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Add GoCar'd for Dublin drivers!

You get to know your route and what FCPs are not so busy. I do Dublin to Carrick-on-Shannon (150km) regularly. I leave with 100% and to get to the FCP in Ballinalack takes 65% of my charge if I drive handy. So I don't need to drive handy and I'll still get there with 20% left. 25 mins on the FCP and I'm back up to 80%. Carrick-on-Shannon only takes 50% from there, again taking it handy, so again I know I don't need to take it handy.

The M7/M8 is very busy in comparison and a lot of the FCPs will have queues, but you'll find after a while which are the quieter ones. Certainly from experience Ballacolla is quiet.

Cheers, I wouldn't have done this journey before or likely to do it again, as we would take the ICE.

if I buy one of the cars i'm looking at, one is in Limerick so i'm curious as to how to get it home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,640 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

kceire wrote: »
    get in current car.
    get flask.
    get blanket.
    camp outside Nissan :D

Was on the way out to do this with a K2 standard sleeping bag and I said i will make a test payment to the garage to ensure all is kosher with my bank: Ulster Bank.
    All is not well, problem with making payments on-line for past several weeks so looks like I need a bank draft on Wed: more hassle.:o

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Was on the way out to do this with a K2 standard sleeping bag and I said i will make a test payment to the garage to ensure all is kosher with my bank: Ulster Bank.
    All is not well, problem with making payments on-line for past several weeks so looks like I need a bank draft on Wed: more hassle.:o

Test payment is advisable, dealer asked for full payment off me after due diligence and I said no.
    I transferred £1 on Thursday and know it only takes 2 hours to hit their account but they only confirmed receipt of it this morning, no way I'm transferring that amount of money with a test transfer...

I'm UB too. Payments in working fine, but I use it as my savings AC.
    I transferred from PTSB on Friday, and its there today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,640 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

I'm UB too. Payments in working fine, but I use it as my savings AC.
    I transferred from PTSB on Friday, and its there today.

Likewise, except for the savings bit!
    Its like Hotel California, you can check in, with payments in, any time, but its the leaving is the current issue:D

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

if I buy one of the cars i'm looking at, one is in Limerick so i'm curious as to how to get it home.
    Drove mine from Blackpool to west of ireland - so I don't think you'll have any issue getting it back from Limerick ;-)

Ask ecars for a charge card in advance of purchase - give them this rationale (that you need the card in advance - or else you simply wont be able to collect it!). They accommodated me in this way - so long as I agreed to provide them copies of the vehicle documentation once I had it (which I did).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

We have a spare card. You can borrow it from me in Leixlip if that helps.

Drove mine from Blackpool to west of ireland - so I don't think you'll have any issue getting it back from Limerick ;-)

Ask ecars for a charge card in advance of purchase - give them this rationale (that you need the card in advance - or else you simply wont be able to collect it!). They accommodated me in this way - so long as I agreed to provide them copies of the vehicle documentation once I had it (which I did).
    We have a spare card. You can borrow it from me in Leixlip if that helps.

Thanks guys. eCars Have offered to supply me one in advance, also the seller has offered me his until I get mine delivered too. I've also been offered a lift down in an EV by a very kind poster on here too, so I think I shall make it home if I do purchase!

Can anyone tell me, the rear light cluster, are they expensive to replace?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Already seen a crashed one on ebay. Once you get them breaking, you're not talking too much money. They must be the same sort of price as any nissan rear cluster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

The whole assembly? €600/side.

~€250-300 if you can get one from a breaker and fit it yourself.

goz83 wrote: »
    Already seen a crashed one on ebay. Once you get them breaking, you're not talking too much money. They must be the same sort of price as any nissan rear cluster.
    cros13 wrote: »
    The whole assembly? €600/side.

~€250-300 if you can get one from a breaker and fit it yourself.

Cheers, seen 2 cars, and on both, this light had a crack or chip out of one of the rear lights.

Not a major concern, but it would annoy me knowing it's there.

• Advertisement

131 Tekna
    Black with solar panel
    24kwh
    6.6kw charger
    20k miles
    Full history
    3/4 scuffs on bodywork but otherwise in good condition
    One uk owner, I'll be first Irish owner so will have a D reg (not that it makes much of a difference)
    Granny cable and public charge point cable

€11,250 landed and registered. Fair deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Can you get LeafSpy readout?
    Is it a Gen 1 or 1.5?

131 Tekna

€11,250 landed and registered. Fair deal?

I wouldn't touch a Mark 1 for that price. You should be looking at a mark 1.5 for your money. Mileage and age are much less of a concern with a 1.5

KCross wrote: »
    Can you get LeafSpy readout?
    Is it a Gen 1 or 1.5?
    I wouldn't touch a Mark 1 for that price. You should be looking at a mark 1.5 for your money. Mileage and age are much less of a concern with a 1.5

It's a 1.5.
    Seller has Leaf spy and said he can show me every charge it has ever got and at what mileage.

It's a 1.5.
    Seller has Leaf spy and said he can show me every charge it has ever got and at what mileage.

Not if it's 131. Production in Sunderland didn't start until into August 2013.

• Advertisement

Not if it's 131. Production in Sunderland didn't start until into August 2013.

Feck. That throws a spanner in the works alright!
    If that's the case I may as well buy an 11 car for 7k!

I thought once it had the new interior etc it was a gen 1.5 car.
    Hand brake is he newer foot brake. Dark dash etc

MOT date is 25th June so I assume that's the date of first registration in the uk.

Feck. That throws a spanner in the works alright!
    If that's the case I may as well buy an 11 car for 7k!

I thought once it had the new interior etc it was a gen 1.5 car.
    Hand brake is he newer foot brake. Dark dash etc

MOT date is 25th June so I assume that's the date of first registration in the uk.
    I can't see how it can be a mark 1.5 if it's a 131. Is the AC button left or right of centre in the central console? If it's to the left, then it's a mk 1.5.

I can't see how it can be a mark 1.5 if it's a 131. Is the AC button left or right of centre in the central console? If it's to the left, then it's a mk 1.5.

I'll try get a better pic.
    Net says production in Sunderland started in March 2013.

Is this a mark 1 or 1.5?

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/14817682
    Nissan Leaf SVE 6.6kw Upgraded Charger

Is this a mark 1 or 1.5?

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/14817682
    Nissan Leaf SVE 6.6kw Upgraded Charger

You cant tell from those pictures. You need a pic of the centre console

You cant tell from those pictures. You need a pic of the centre console

Ok I'll chase the pic
    I just assumed the new interior = 1.5 car.

Seller says 100% 1.5.
    Not at Car to get a pic.

Have photos of the battery/leafspy report if anyone can decipher it.

Also, Vin No. begins with SJ, this seemly means it was built in a Sunderland according to internet.

B52678F1-070A-44A8-A231-6F6C2DED249F.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭oinkely

its a 1.5, the gen 1 doesn't have the eco button on the steering wheel (lower right green button).

Indications are Gen 1.5 alright. It must be one of the first few off the line.
    https://speakev.com/threads/leaf-gen-1-or-2.3206/#post-82330

No electric brake and the VIN indicates its Sunderland.

One point to note in the Leafspy pic and the done deal ad.... The leafspy is at 20k miles, the car has 48k km's done on done deal. They have conveniently chopped the date off the bottom of the report. Probably still OK since its a Gen 1.5 but I'd still like to see todays battery health not one from 16k km's ago!

EDIT: A few other tid bits from speakev which I'm trusting to be correct and could be wrong of course!:
    Yes the gen 1.5 has the light interior as an option. Rare but possible. However gen 1 has only light so dark is def gen 1.5.

The gen1.5 was released in June 2013

Electronic parking brake is maybe the most obvious, also I believe the steering wheel is different with "Eco" button on gen 1.5.

Indications are Gen 1.5 alright. It must be one of the first few off the line.
    https://speakev.com/threads/leaf-gen-1-or-2.3206/#post-82330

No electric brake and the VIN indicates its Sunderland.

One point to note in the Leafspy pic and the done deal ad.... The leafspy is at 20k miles, the car has 48k km's done on done deal. They have conveniently chopped the date off the bottom of the report. Probably still OK since its a Gen 1.5 but I'd still like to see todays battery health not one from 16k km's ago!

EDIT: A few other tid bits from speakev which I'm trusting to be correct and could be wrong of course!:
    Yes the gen 1.5 has the light interior as an option. Rare but possible. However gen 1 has only light so dark is def gen 1.5.

The gen1.5 was released in June 2013

Electronic parking brake is maybe the most obvious, also I believe the steering wheel is different with "Eco" button on gen 1.5.

Sorry that's my mistake. The white one I linked is Phil in Electric Autos in Kildare. The one I'm looking at is in Limerick with 20,003 miles on it now.

I was debating between the 2 but the black one is cheaper and only has 32k km on it.

Agreed on €11,200. Can collect Thursday if I can get funds ready.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,827 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The black one? Looks like a very decent car alright. Nice spec. Is it still on UK plates? My one worry would be that it will have to go through the NCT soon. Does it have current MOT? Are you going to check the car out (mechanic / indy) before you buy?

unkel wrote: »
    The black one? Looks like a very decent car alright. Nice spec. Is it still on UK plates? My one worry would be that it will have to go through the NCT soon. Does it have current MOT? Are you going to check the car out (mechanic / indy) before you buy?

Yes.
    Still on uk plates which means I am first Irish owner and get a D reg. wouldn't bother me as last cars will prove (LH, CE, C,).
    NCT due in June of this year. Has a current MOT until 25th June.
    I would be checking it out myself.

Best of luck! Sure looks like a good one.

unkel wrote: »
    Best of luck! Sure looks like a good one.

Ok, mayor change of plan.
    May be going to the Scotland now.

Flying to Glascow on Thursday morning at 9am.
    Meeting Seller.
    Buy Car...All going well.
    Hit the A77 for an 87 mile trip to Cairnryan Port (I'll stop half way in Ayr to charge). If I have time ill shoot to Stranraer (10 mile round trip) for a top up to get me out of Belfast.
    Ferry from Cairnryan to Belfast at 7.30pm.
    Travel home from Belfast to Finglas.

Can anyone see any flaw with my plan?

Car in question is a 2014 Tekna in Artic White. One owner since new. Some add ons above Tekna include mudflaps, chrome mirror caps, chrome door strips, looks well. It has 36k miles which shouldn't be a problem, dash still has 12 full bars and new tyres fitted a month ago.

Car still has Nissan Plus Warrantee and some clean and polish leather package?

Should have it landed, including all travel etc for just under €9900.

So a year newer and well over a grand less? Seems to make a a lot of sense to import it yourself so.

@kceire: Does that car have 6.6kW charger? I guess it's still a good price by comparison with what you've been looking at. You're going to pay in cash obviously? I'm sure all is ok - but just be savvy as you're dealing with a private seller.

@kceire: Does that car have 6.6kW charger? I guess it's still a good price by comparison with what you've been looking at.

90% sure its 3.3kw.
    The owner knows a little about the car but not enough to confirm if 6.6 which leads me to believe its a 3.3.

He is taking a pic of the dash in the morning to show the time to charge display.

I guess it's a 3.3kW then on the assumption he bought it from new - he'd know all about it as that option would have cost him another £1k. Then again, the dealer that sold to me didn't - so keep yer fingers crossed :-D

I guess it's a 3.3kW then on the assumption he bought it from new - he'd know all about it as that option would have cost him another £1k. Then again, the dealer that sold to me didn't - so keep yer fingers crossed :-D

Fingers crossed!
    I have the VIN number there but I don't think theres a vin decoder that will tell you.

What do I need to do with the seller in order for me to be able to connect to the Nissan connect App?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Good luck, the car looks fab!

What do I need to do with the seller in order for me to be able to connect to the Nissan connect App?
    Ask him in the first instance if he's ever registered and used the app (carwings / nissan connect). If he hasn't then it's easy for you to register. If he has, ask him for username and password - log in - and update your details / change password, etc. Otherwise, has been discussed in the 'Leaf Hunt' thread - have a read through.

Fingers crossed!
    I have the VIN number there but I don't think theres a vin decoder that will tell you.

If he has connected before he needs to go into his account online and "Remove car" from his account and then you will be able to log him out of the car and put in your own details.

If he has never used/registered it then you are good to go, just setup your own account online using the VIN and then enter your user/pass in the car unit.

Do you have a LeafSpy dongle to check the battery health? I think thats important.

There isnt a whole lot else you can check on the car itself other than "everything" works, suspension is OK, finance check and a Nissan service history to ensure the warranty is still good.

If he has connected before he needs to go into his account online and "Remove car" from his account and then you will be able to log him out of the car and put in your own details.

If he has never used/registered it then you are good to go, just setup your own account online using the VIN and then enter your user/pass in the car unit.

Do you have a LeafSpy dongle to check the battery health? I think thats important.

There isnt a whole lot else you can check on the car itself other than "everything" works, suspension is OK, finance check and a Nissan service history to ensure the warranty is still good.

Haven't got leafsyp unfortunately.

Haven't got leafsyp unfortunately.

I'll give you a loan of an ELM dongle if you want. You'll just need an android phone/tablet.

I'll give you a loan of an ELM dongle if you want. You'll just need an android phone/tablet.

I'm iOS :(

The seller has sent me full pics of the V5C. Am I right in saying this is not enough for VRT, I need the V5 document?

• Advertisement

I'm iOS :(

The seller has sent me full pics of the V5C. Am I right in saying this is not enough for VRT, I need the V5 document?

More than anything else you need the full original V5C for VRT registration

Afterthough, it would be no harm to type up an "invoice" and get the seller to sign it as the VRT crowd insist on an invoice, even for private sales.
    You'll find this info in the main Motors/Buying forum

slave1 wrote: »
    More than anything else you need the full original V5C for VRT registration
    Good point - it would be worthwhile to give him advance notice of this. They are not accustomed (be it uk dealership or private seller as in this instance) to handing over the complete document. Better that they have a heads up on this - so it doesn't come as a surprise (and with that, they may think they are not doing things the right way, etc.).

slave1 wrote: »
    Afterthough, it would be no harm to type up an "invoice" and get the seller to sign it as the VRT crowd insist on an invoice, even for private sales.
    You'll find this info in the main Motors/Buying forum
    Good point - it would be worthwhile to give him advance notice of this. They are not accustomed (be it uk dealership or private seller as in this instance) to handing over the complete document. Better that they have a heads up on this - so it doesn't come as a surprise (and with that, they may think they are not doing things the right way, etc.).

Yeah he is already aware of the invoice and handover of the full document.
    I fill out V5C/4 and post it back to DVLA and then bring the remainder of the document back home.

I fill out V5C/4 and post it back to DVLA and then bring the remainder of the document back home.
    I brought the whole thing home?

• Advertisement
Advertisement