Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About to Pull the Plug on Diesel

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

One other thing....I'm sure he has confirmed that it is battery owned and not Flex. However, I wouldn't be happy without getting that independently verified. You could contact RCI/Nissan Finance - albeit that my experience was that it took them a long time to actually confirm the car in question wasn't Flex.

I think others have indicated that the V5 document will reflect this if it is Flex (battery leased)? Is that the case?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

One other thing....I'm sure he has confirmed that it is battery owned and not Flex. However, I wouldn't be happy without getting that independently verified. You could contact RCI/Nissan Finance - albeit that my experience was that it took them a long time to actually confirm the car in question wasn't Flex.

I think others have indicated that the V5 document will reflect this if it is Flex (battery leased)? Is that the case?

Just about to post about it.

Usually if it's a flex car it comes up in the motorchecks etc
    Seller has confirmed its battery owned and I have full pictures of the V5C document and a SIMI history check also. Nothing states flex.

BUT THEN!
    I ring insurance and when I give him the reg he states "Nissan Leaf tekna flex"
    But I did notice on axa website all the Leafs have flex in their title?

Seller has given me the name and number of the sales guy in Western Nissan to try out me at ease.

You can email RCI/Nissan Finance with the VIN number here => nissanfinance-customerservices@rcibanque.com

...and ask them to confirm if this vehicle is subject to battery lease or not. However, it's entirely possible they won't get back to you with a definitive answer before you are due to collect :-(

You can email RCI/Nissan Finance with the VIN number here => nissanfinance-customerservices@rcibanque.com

...and ask them to confirm if this vehicle is subject to battery lease or not. However, it's entirely possible they won't get back to you with a definitive answer before you are due to collect :-(

Just emailed them now. Thanks.

For future readers or searchers :

Nissan RCI
    BATTERY LEASE SECTION
    FLEX Section

I rang Nissan RCI on 00443303310220 and spoke to the guys there. They confirmed over the phone that no lease or hire was ever on the battery and that the HPI check didn't mention battery lease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭stesaurus

kceire wrote: »

Nissan RCI
    BATTERY LEASE SECTION
    FLEX Section

I rang Nissan RCI on 00443303310220 and spoke to the guys there. They confirmed over the phone that no lease or hire was ever on the battery and that the HPI check didn't mention battery lease.

This should be part of a sticky

Nissan RCI
    BATTERY LEASE SECTION
    FLEX Section

You should be good to go then. Don't mean to be pedantic but if it was me, I'd ask them to confirm in writing so that you have a record of same....or else, confirm exactly what you were told back to them via email - time of call, etc. - so that it's there on record.

Final leg now.
    Getting a boost in Apple green castlebellingham that should get me home.
    Dublin-Glasgow-Belfast-Dublin

Long day. Tired.
    Will do a proper post tomorrow.

Delighted though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Bif

Final leg now.
    Getting a boost in Apple green castlebellingham that should get me home.
    Dublin-Glasgow-Belfast-Dublin

Long day. Tired.
    Will do a proper post tomorrow.

Delighted though :)

Fair play and best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Ok, mayor change of plan.
    May be going to the Scotland now.

Flying to Glascow on Thursday morning at 9am.
    Meeting Seller.
    Buy Car...All going well.
    Hit the A77 for an 87 mile trip to Cairnryan Port (I'll stop half way in Ayr to charge). If I have time ill shoot to Stranraer (10 mile round trip) for a top up to get me out of Belfast.
    Ferry from Cairnryan to Belfast at 7.30pm.
    Travel home from Belfast to Finglas.

Can anyone see any flaw with my plan?

Yeah! It'll be up on blocks with the alloys gone by the weekend!

Only messing. Welcome to the club and well wear, you'll never look back!

• Advertisement

You should be good to go then. Don't mean to be pedantic but if it was me, I'd ask them to confirm in writing so that you have a record of same....or else, confirm exactly what you were told back to them via email - time of call, etc. - so that it's there on record.

Would you believe an email dropped into my inbox last night when I got home from them.

So have it in writing now, and it will go into the service history document folder for any possible future buyers to confirm.

Would you believe an email dropped into my inbox last night when I got home from them.

So have it in writing now, and it will go into the service history document folder for any possible future buyers to confirm.

Well done. Always nail everything down - can't get bitten in the a$$ that way. :-)

Thanks for posting your experience ref. collecting/driving back. No doubt the info will assist others who follow in your footsteps.

Well done. Always nail everything down - can't get bitten in the a$$ that way. :-)

Thanks for posting your experience ref. collecting/driving back. No doubt the info will assist others who follow in your footsteps.

Would strongly recommend buying from Scotland if it arises. The drive was wonderful. Compared to the Belfast-Dublin journey anyway!

Advertisement