Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

November 2017 Babies Club

• 25-02-2017 8:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭

I've literally just gotten a proper positive test and am lying in bed beside my husband trying to absorb it...in a good way!! I had used cheapy strip tests for the last two days and got a very faint line so thought I was pregnant alright but wasn't due my period until today so held off getting overly excited. Went out and bought a Clearblue test yesterday to use this morning so that can be the one I show my husband when he wakes up... Mad the things we do!! :-)

Due date of November 5th!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Juicyfruit

Congrats!

Going to join you! Due our second November 4th.

Like you had faint positives the past few days but got my positive digital on Friday when period was due.

So exciting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭littlebsci

Juicyfruit wrote: »
    Congrats!

Going to join you! Due our second November 4th.

Like you had faint positives the past few days but got my positive digital on Friday when period was due.

So exciting!

Congratulations Juicyfruit!

We're both very excited and terrified at the same time!!

Hoping we get a few more joining us in here soon! Even though I love that only my husband and I know about me being pregnant, it'd be nice to have people to talk to until the first trimester is up!

I had a quick appointment with a GP in the practice I attend last week that was basically a waste of €55 because I have to go to the practice midwife next week to do whatever the rest of it is anyway :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I tested positive yesterday and according to my dates, I am due November 14th. I miscarried my first pregnancy in September at 7 weeks so am terrified! The Rotunda told me they would scan me at 8 weeks if I got pregnant again so I feel like I only have to stay calm for 4 more weeks. I can't wait to get excited about it!

Oh congratulations Loveinapril!!! Hopefully the next 4 weeks will fly in for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭blackbird86

Congrats ladies! I'll join ye too, I tested early and got a faint positive on Sunday & a stronger one yesterday. Due around the 16th November!

Wonderful news blackbird86! Congratulations!!

Thanks littlebsci! Will this be your first baby? I have a little girl so this will be baby number 2!

Yep, it's our first! We don't have a clue what's ahead of us.... Probably just as well ;-)

Congrats ladies!

Good to see a few more joining in :)

How's everyone feeling? Not a lot going on here symptoms-wise although definitely feel pregnant. Sickness didn't hit until around 7 weeks last time so we'll see what the next couple of weeks have in store!

Think we're going to go for an early scan around 8 weeks or so before we tell family.

Had GP visit last week and booked in with Rotunda for early May for first booking appointment, feels like ages away but busy with a 13 month old so I'm sure it'll fly!

• Advertisement

My boobs have been sore for nearly a week, and they were only ever sore on my last pregnancy so I took the test before my missed period. I never get sore boobs when I have my period or anything. I am plus size and am not short in the boob department but they actually feel bigger too!

I had cramps & slightly sore boobs on Saturday which made me fairly confident I was pregnant.

Feeling good at the moment, long may it last. I had hyperemesis on my last pregnancy so I'm fairly nervous of what may potentially be in store for me. It set in around 5.5 weeks last time. So at the moment I'm just trying to enjoy feeling well!

I had some cramping last week but otherwise nothing! In the last half hour I've had had waves of nausea come over me but I'm trying to ignore it.

I'm planning a home birth (all going well) so have engaged a midwife already seeing as how they're in short supply. I will be registering with the Coombe, seeing the midwife in my GP practice early next week to get the forms and do whatever what needs to be done in that appointment, I honestly don't have a clue!

I don't have cramping as such, just a kind of draggy periody type feeling. I phoned the Rotunda there and they are going to do a "reassurance scan" at 10 weeks for me. I really don't think I will last the 10 weeks- unless I get roaring morning sickness! I feel like I need very obvious pregnancy symptoms to keep me sane. I have taken 4 pregnancy tests! An early scan done privately is around €100 so I will see how I am at 7/ 8 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Meathcat7

I found out on Tuesday that I'm pregnant. I did a test on 24th Feb, it was negative but I had a niggling feeling (along with sore boobs and a some pains down below!) I did a digital test on Tuesday and it was positive. Hubby in shock so we went and bought 2 more tests - I did one that night and the other yesterday morning. All positive. GP last night confirmed it. But because I have an irregular cycle (45 days usually) it's harder to gauge my due date. We estimate I am due towards the middle of November.

It's our first - I was pregnant last year and lost at 8-10 weeks. I didn't know I was pregnant until I was having the miscarriage but I know all the signs now! We are an older couple - I am heading for 45 and hubby is 52. Didn't think it could ever happen for us!!

We are definitely going to get a scan at 6 weeks, just because of my age & my past history.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Gemma1982

Congratulations everyone! Am so happy to be also joining you. Due around 12 November.' Number two for us. Feeling fine so far apart from being starving all of the time. Just booked in with rotunda today which made it very real!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Itzadogzlife

Hi ladies

I'll be joining you too !! Think I'm due around 11th november. This is my first pregnancy and have no idea what to expect ! Main symptom so far is light cramps and sore boobs.

Congratulations everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Congrats everyone! I tested positive this morning, due Nov 16th. I have a 2year old boy and a miscarriage in January at 8weeks so like a few here the next few weeks are going to go very slow. No symptoms other than tiredness and sore boobs. Can't wait for morning sickness. Fingers crossed for everyone x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Congratulations everyone! I just got my positive today. All going well this will be number 5 for me! Due the 16th November by my dates!

• Advertisement

Congrats to all the new ladies, hopefully we get a good group on here! Wow Kaylami, number 5, fair play to you!

Still feeling good here. Bouts of tiredness but I think that's more down to being up early with my toddler than anything. Occasional very light cramps but not much else going on at the moment. I've booked in to see my gp next week & will send off the hospital form soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fia15

Congratulations everyone. I'm due on November 8th, first pregnancy. Very excited and completely clueless about what's in store. So glad my husband told me about this thread, it's lovely to be able to share and hear other's stories. Can't actually believe I'm writing this...YES I'M PREGNANT!!! Ahh, feels good to get that out!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Tentatively joining here :) After a very early miscarriage last cycle I got a positive test this weekend, slightly before my period is due. The line is much stronger than the last cycle already and that was when I was two days late so I'm quietly hopeful for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

Tentatively joining here :) After a very early miscarriage last cycle I got a positive test this weekend, slightly before my period is due. The line is much stronger than the last cycle already and that was when I was two days late so I'm quietly hopeful for now.

Congratulations!!

I am going to go to the doctor this week ! will the doctor give me all the forms for the hospital or do I get them somewhere else ?? Did you all bring your other halfs to your doctors appointment ??

I just got the little white booklet to record my check ups throughout the pregnancy at first appt last time I was pregnant, then gp sent letter to hospital for referral but that varies. No I didn't bring my husband, won't this time either, I actually don't know anyone who has brought their partner, it's just a very quick check up on weight, blood pressure, etc.

I am going to go to the doctor this week ! will the doctor give me all the forms for the hospital or do I get them somewhere else ?? Did you all bring your other halfs to your doctors appointment ??

I think it depends on the hospital you choose. With Rotunda you just ring up yourself to book in, not sure on the others.

Like spottybananas said, it's literally a quick appointment to confirm pregnancy, weight, blood pressure etc. I didn't bring husband either time!

Had my first hormonal freak out today! Just this wave of emotions washed over me at a family christening and I burst out crying! Laughed about it afterwards but it was horrible at the time.

Hope you're ok now Meathcat!

I didn't bring my husband to the GP appointment either. He just came to the 12 week & 20 weeks hospital scans & nothing else.

With the Coombe you can just print the form & send it off yourself but I don't know about any other hospitals.

• Advertisement

Meathcat I was in a constant inexplicable rage earlier this week, at least now I know why!

Congratulations to those who have joined in the last few days!!

Meathcat, I know how you feel. My emotions seem to be on a knife edge at the moment. I'm not a weepy person by nature but any "upset" and I'm a blubbering mess...My husband wasn't listening to me properly on the phone earlier, cue meltdown!! Spare me!

My husband is in hospital at the moment waiting on surgery and between that and the 4 kids and work with the 1st trimester tiredness I am barely functioning at the minute.

Is anyone else just exhausted!!!!

Sounds tough kaylami, hope your husband is back home soon. What ages are your 4 kids?

I'm not too bad with the tiredness so far but I'm only 4.5 weeks at the moment. Can't remember when the exhaustion hit last time!

I didn't get exhausted during first trimester last time I don't think, but my memory is skewed because I got a vomiting bug at week 8 that absolutely knocked me for six for over a week, got it again at 19 weeks, hope my immune system isn't quite as crap this time!

Oh that's tough going Kaylami. I hope he gets home to you soon.

I had to go up to bed at 9 last night I was so tired! I got a wall around 8pm and fought going up for an hour then said to hell with it!!

• Advertisement

Hope everything goes well Kaylami, wow you have a lot on your plate at the moment - even if you weren't pregnant, that would be enough to keep you wrecked!

I am tired in the evenings alright, more so than usual and I fall asleep very quickly but am back up again about 2 hours later for the loo - usually waking up about 3-4 times in the night.

The kids are 7, 4, 2 and 1. All girls! I hope he gets home soon too.

I am wrecked! Fell asleep putting no1 to bed last night around 9, swapped beds at 10, up at 6:30 for work and got the bus at 7:30 and after sleeping the 90mins journey!!

Hope he's out and recovered soon Kaylami x

Had my booking in appointment with the go yesterday. Gonna go to mullingar again. Anyone else going there?

Woke up this morning to a cold and a cold sore, never had one before, gonna kill my husband!!!

I am 5 weeks today! Still feeling a light dragging sensation every now and then and my boobs aren't sore anymore so I am happy enough!

4+5 here, getting occasional dragging sensations too. I'm fairly sure my boobs were very sore at this stage last time but they're grand at the moment. I'm still breastfeeding my toddler though & I'm starting to find that a little sore.

• Advertisement

4+5 here, getting occasional dragging sensations too. I'm fairly sure my boobs were very sore at this stage last time but they're grand at the moment. I'm still breastfeeding my toddler though & I'm starting to find that a little sore.

I think you, me & kaylami have the same due date!

Well done on breastfeeding your toddler! We just finished up right before I got pregnant in November at 2yrs2mths :)

I think my supply might be dropping slightly for my toddler, hope it doesn't happen two quickly because I don't want to upset him, he still loves his milkies so much and so do I, boob is the easy answer to everything :D

I'm 6 weeks pregnant today and iv just noticed a small bit of brown discharge. Should I be worried ??

I think my supply might be dropping slightly for my toddler, hope it doesn't happen two quickly because I don't want to upset him, he still loves his milkies so much and so do I, boob is the easy answer to everything :D

Totally! I miss the quick fix:)

I'm 6 weeks pregnant today and iv just noticed a small bit of brown discharge. Should I be worried ??

No expert but when I was researching when i miscarried, it basically said brown blood isn't as much a worry as its old not fresh blood. No harm ringing gp/nurse to ask for advise that's what they are there for. I wouldn't be concerned if it's only a little though.

I think you, me & kaylami have the same due date!

Well done on breastfeeding your toddler! We just finished up right before I got pregnant in November at 2yrs2mths :)

Thank you! Well done yourself on 2yrs 2 months, that's amazing!

I had similar around the same time in my last pregnancy. It went on for over a week. I went to get checked & all was fine. Usually it's bright red blood you need to worry about but no harm giving them a call if you want some reassurance

Thanks ladies. I haven't had any more since so hoping everything is ok. I'm in with my gp on Thursday so I'll ask about it then. It's so nice having this group to chat to as we haven't told anyone that I'm pregnant

Perk #1, getting half my husband's dinner after eating mine :) However I did scare the life out of him when I said I am technically feeding 3 people now...I meant me, toddler, embryo, he panicked and thought I knew it was twins :D:D:D

@spottybananas, that's just evil ha ha

• Advertisement
Advertisement