Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November 2017 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Had my anomaly scan today. Everything was grand- the sonographer wants me back in a month to see the heart in better detail. She said you can get a better look from about 24 weeks. We were dying to find out the gender but the little fecker was all contorted so we will have to wait for a month for that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

We've just booked anomaly scan for later this week. Must make sure to warn them we don't want to know the gender! Well my husband does but I'm overruling him :)

We've just booked anomaly scan for later this week. Must make sure to warn them we don't want to know the gender! Well my husband does but I'm overruling him :)

A friend of a friend was in this position. Her husband found out and managed to keep it secret for her whole pregnancy. I don't know how either of them managed.

My husband would never be able to keep it secret so we couldn't do that!

All was well with scan anyway, everything looks great, very thorough 50 min scan so we got our money's worth :) Baby wouldn't stop moving, my first never budged during scans, just lay there lazily so this was very different and entertaining!

Impatience got the better of me re gender and I am booked in for a private scan in an hour. I might drink loads of water before to make sure this one gives us a decent view! Legs were firmly crossed on Monday and the sonographer didn't care to give it a chance to move. Others have mentioned being told to have a drink or go to the loo but we were just told she couldn't see.

• Advertisement

Ooh exciting :) Yes I had to go pee, move side to side, wiggle all over to try and make it move so she could get heart checked properly.

My poor husband really wants to know but he'll just have to wait. I'm enjoying not knowing, whereas I had to find out asap last time!

I feel like that now (first baby) but I already feel like on the next I won't need to know. I think it is just around the preparation and excitement for the first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭littlebsci

Oh that's great to hear spottybananas! Such a relief when it's good news.

And so exciting loveinapril! We decided not to find out but there's a part of me that's dying to know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭blackbird86

Ooh best of luck Loveinapril, hope you get to find out! Let us know how you get on.

Great your scan went well spotty, 50 mins is seriously thorough! Mine was about 20 mins.

I love not knowing the gender but also love trying to guess all the time and reading every old wives tale going :D Does anyone feel like they know what they're having? I'm fully convinced I'm having a girl

Nooooo. I must be having a little mermaid/ man. Legs closed, again! They said to go back in a month so going to keep that scan and the rescan at the hospital a few weeks apart.

• Advertisement

Jaysus that baby really loves messing with you! :)

Jaysus that baby really loves messing with you! :)

It is getting the boldness out now so it will be a beautiful angel after birth!

No way Loveinapril!! That's gas, they sure know how not to cooperate for ones small don't they?! I like you're thinking on him or her being as good as gold once they're born though :-)

No way Loveinapril!! That's gas, they sure know how not to cooperate for ones small don't they?! I like you're thinking on him or her being as good as gold once they're born though :-)

Oh I feel so fat and unfit. Went for a walk today, my shadow is fat :( I know it's a massively superficial problem (I had actual problems last time so I'm indulging this minor one) but I just look so pudgy. I don't get a bump shape at all, just a progressively thicker torso from boobs to pelvis. Have a wedding at the weekend and I will definitely look just fat, not pregnant! My husband helpfully agreed that my dress (the only one that fits) just makes me look fat.

I feel huge too. I was looking back at bump photos from last time and I'm as big now as I was at around 30+ weeks last time. I'm scared of what size my bump will be by the end!

Blackbird I said the same thing today, from memory I think I look how I did at about 30 week, my husband disagrees so I've threatened to dig out the photos! I just kinda thought I'd get a proper bump this time due to the looser muscles everyone goes on about but nope, same hard weird stomach that is not bump like!

Ah spottybananas, I know how you feel....I get out of breath going up the two flights of stairs at home and can only manage walks of about 30 mins cos the ligament pain afterward is something else if I go for longer! Admittedly, I'm very bumpy and although I adore my bump I'm still having days where I just feel like a lump!

Baby gave us a fright over the weekend by falling out of its usual movement pattern completely. Literally felt nothing all day Saturday so ended up going into the hospital to get checked out and they couldn't have been nicer. Everything was fine and of course he/she decided to have a good dance around when we were on the way home.... typical! Glad we went none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mawn_g

Oh I feel so fat and unfit. Went for a walk today, my shadow is fat :( I know it's a massively superficial problem (I had actual problems last time so I'm indulging this minor one) but I just look so pudgy. I don't get a bump shape at all, just a progressively thicker torso from boobs to pelvis. Have a wedding at the weekend and I will definitely look just fat, not pregnant! My husband helpfully agreed that my dress (the only one that fits) just makes me look fat.

Oh ladies thanks so much. I was beginning to wonder was I the only one....i seem to be growing by the hour and feel more fat than pregnant. I think it's getting me down cuz I worked really hard to lose alot of weight for my wedding in December so it's hard to see myself getting so big. I know it's the baby (mostly) but people are really not very supportive they are just like ur growing a baby get over it. Which I know is true but doesn't really help!! I also have wierd day torso as opposed to a nice bump! I suppose we should all just focus on healthy babies! Can't remember who was struggling with ligament pain after walking but that started for me at the weekend and I tried aqua aerobics last nice....was great as belly felt supported by the water!!

The stupid thing is I actually look quite slim/flat stomached to people who know me, I just feel chubby and weird. Although weirdly in the last day or so I look a bit more pregnant than chubby.

Desperate hip pain the last few days, I actually went to my osteopath which usually helps but it feels worse right now, it does tend to feel worse before it feels better while it's sore from the intense massage. Hoping some yoga today will help it!

• Advertisement

Going through a really bad bout of insomnia :( Really hoping for some more sleep this weekend. Once I wake during the night I'm finding it near impossible to get back asleep

Oh I hope you got a decent night last night Blackbird! So hard to function on a lack of sleep!

Had a much better night thanks, I was so exhausted I'd no problem falling back asleep. Hopefully more of the same tonight!

I started getting a sharp pain around my hip/top of thigh about a week or two ago, usually worst when I got up from sitting. Thankfully it's gotten much better again in the last few days, fingers crossed it stays that way!

How's everyone else doing?

Blackbird is that pain at front or back of hip/thigh?

I have pretty sore sciatic pain still, not helped when I have to carry heavy toddler.

Was out for dinner with friends but had to call it a night quite early, I get so bloated after eating late and my back was so sore I just couldn't sit any longer :(

It was kind of all around the top of my thigh, near the joint. A fairly sharp pain when i'd get up and it'd then ease as i kept walking. It's still not 100% better but has improved a lot. If it gets worse again i'll go to a physio I think. Never had anything like this on my last pregnancy!

Back pain sounds horrible,hope it doesn't get much worse for you.

Sounds like you could have sciatica or PGP maybe, especially if it eases once you get moving.

Yeah from talking to a couple of friends who've had it it sounds like PGP. I actually booked physio for today when it was bad last week but I cancelled it when it improved cos money's very tight this month and it was gonna be €130! I'll keep an eye on it and see how I go.

€130! That's a lot. Mine is €50, and deep tissue massage is €45 so a bit more manageable. Your gp should refer you for physio for free though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Itzadogzlife

Hi ladies

Hope everyone is doing well ! I have my first midwife clinic tomorrow morning in the rotunda ! Has anyone else had theres ? Just wondering what they do and how long it takes ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

€130! That's a lot. Mine is €50, and deep tissue massage is €45 so a bit more manageable. Your gp should refer you for physio for free though.

Spotty could you please let me know where you go for massage? Think I remember you saying you were Galway/Midlands. Thanks

Advertisement