Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November 2017 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

lashes34 wrote: »
    Spotty could you please let me know where you go for massage? Think I remember you saying you were Galway/Midlands. Thanks

The Sanctuary Centre in Loughrea, Vachn there is amazing! She kind of works in tandem too with an osteopath nearer Athlone, so if you need that she'll send you to her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

The Sanctuary Centre in Loughrea, Vachn there is amazing! She kind of works in tandem too with an osteopath nearer Athlone, so if you need that she'll send you to her.

Thanks a mill, def going to check them out.

Heartburn, or Throatfreeze as I call it. Sick of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭blackbird86

I'm not suffering really yet thankfully. I've had no nausea the last couple of days either which is a lovely surprise! Long may it last.

I've had it pretty much since the beginning. I don't get nauseous either but often queasy, like a vaguely hungover stomach feeling but not properly nauseous. The joys!

• Advertisement

I had horrendous acid reflux really early in, when I was at my sickest, but thankfully it eased off again. Trying to enjoy this time before it all inevitably sets in again!

How's everyone doing?

Killed with acid reflux, headache from stuffy weather and absolute exhaustion! My boobs look huge, despite never actually going up a cup size which I find odd and fascinating :D Same thing happened last time.

All good here. Got fairly nauseous today when I was hungry but it's only when I get hungry now which is great. Starting to get a small bit of heartburn and reflux but it's not bad at all yet. My hip is completely grand now too, yay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

6 months today!

Bought the pram yesterday. We went with the Uberchild Moto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭littlebsci

Delighted to hear your nausea has eased off Blackbird86! At least you know not to let yourself get too hungry to avoid it.

My midwife said she'd do acupuncture on me if I develop refluxed/heartburn... Have you tried that Spottybananas?

I've realised in the last week that I must be huge for 6 months pregnant.... People are surprised to say the least and I had a woman ask me yesterday if I'm 8 months!!!! I can only imagine how big I'll be by the time baby is born! I genuinely thought I was a "normal" size...ha!!!!

• Advertisement

I couldn't afford an acupuncture session just for heartburn, €50 a go, I already am broke with osteopath and massage for my pelvic pain and generally crappy back pain!

I'm the opposite, I'm tiny for 6 months, it's great seeing the shock when people ask how far along I am :D

Ah ok! I get that!!! I didn't realise how costly it is, if I need it I can just get it as part of my package! Pregnancy can be an expensive lark!!

Nice to be that small! I believe I'm taking after my mother :-)

Amazing to be able to get it as part of your package.

Yep I take after my mum too, nobody even noticed when she was 9 months pregnant :)

I had three acupuncture sessions in the final weeks of my last pregnancy, mainly to try help me go into labour naturally. Who knows if it helped, I went a week overdue but I did avoid induction. It didn't help with my reflux at all. I got a full refund on my health insurance so I'll probably do it again this time.

Can't believe it's August girls, only three months til our due month!

Oh definitely, at 50 a pop I'm sure I'd be gobbling Rennie/Gaviscon instead!! And yep Blackbird86, whatever might help is worth a try!

I can't believe we've hit August already either! This pregnancy is flying! Soon be time to get hospital bags ready etc

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Itzadogzlife

6 months today!

Bought the pram yesterday. We went with the Uberchild Moto.

Was thinking about getting the uberchild ultimo ( looking for an all Terrian buggy ). My only worry is you can't see the pram in person ! Did someone recommend the brand to you ? They have great reviews online and are reasonably priced

Just read Citizens Info and apparently I'm already 5 weeks late sending in maternity benefit form, oooops. The joys of self employment!

Was thinking about getting the uberchild ultimo ( looking for an all Terrian buggy ). My only worry is you can't see the pram in person ! Did someone recommend the brand to you ? They have great reviews online and are reasonably priced

I know, not seeing it in real life is hard but I looked at all the specs, went and tried out other prams and compared the specs again. I watched a video on youtube too and it looks so handy. A couple of women off the Facebook page I am on (November babies) have them and have raved about them. I have yet to hear a bad review.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Hi all. Does anyone have any experience with Baby Elegance.
    Wife and I are starting to get a few bits now and their bundle seems like really good value ? Plus they only need a deposit and the balance can be paid in installments

We were looking at the Venti travel system.

Need to get the isofix base for the car but other than that it seems to have a lot of the big things we'd need ?

27 weeks today... hurray!!

Will56, I've no experience at all with Baby Elegance (haven't actually set foot in any of their shops even yet) but friends of ours bought a bundle/package from them and they seem to be very happy with it. I think I've seen people on boards saying they will let you do substitutions if there's bits you don't need etc but can't swear by that!

Hope they get your form processed quickly Spottybananas! I need to get the cert to go with mine so will probably try to bundle that in with getting my whooping cough vaccine post 28 weeks.

• Advertisement

I'm 25 weeks today, feel huge, even if most people still don't notice.

Didn't get a chance to get the maternity benefit form all week, it should be fine though. I don't mind if there's a delay with getting it once there isn't an issue processing it.

Didn't get a chance to get the maternity benefit form all week, it should be fine though. I don't mind if there's a delay with getting it once there isn't an issue processing it.

I got the section back from one job but am waiting for my other job to send their bit back. Will fill it all out and get the envelope written to send it immediately when I recieve the form back. I will be 25 weeks on Monday. I have such fear about the benefit being delayed as we will only have my husband's BTEA until I get it.

Being self employed I don't earn much anyway and don't get top up from employer so we'd be grand if it was delayed a few weeks after I finish up but not months!

Bit quiet around here :) Had gp check up today, all fine. Blood pressure normal (yay!), urine fine, heartbeat good. Properly on just normal appt schedule, after initially having extra due to last pregnancy.

I had an appointment with the anaesthetist today. He recommended that I have an epidural due to being "higher risk" of needing a c- section because of my BMI and MS. I am absolutely taking the advice (although it was a bit pushier than advice!) but I can't help but be a little disappointed. I wanted to try a drug free birth but he really made it seem like having an epidural early on in labour was the best option for me and the baby.

Very quiet here! That's great all is well this time spotty. When did you start to get the pre-eclampsia symptoms last time?

I had a GP appt the other day too, all good. I get really bad white coat syndrome getting my BP checked so it then registers high but it was actually fine this time. I usually have to get it checked again at the end of each appt when it's calmed down a bit!

That's a pity about the epidural Loveinapril if you were hoping not to have one. You probably won't care on the day hopefully. I didn't have one last time and there were many moments I regretted that decision during the height of the pain!

Blackbird I was admitted at 36 week appointment and he was born at 36+6 by emcs. At 35 weeks I had swollen hands and higher than normal bp but nothing worrying and no protein in urine. By 36 weeks my legs had ballooned, bp sky rocketed and had protein in urine.

I get awful white coat syndrome after last time too, so I got a bp monitor myself to check it at home for accurate readings. It's always lower at home and they're taking those readings into account when it's been high at appointments.

Hopefully things will continue on track for you this time.

I don't know why I get such bad white coat as I've never had any problems with my blood pressure myself but there is a strong family history of it. I suppose going to the doctors tends to make me a bit nervous in general and then when I was pregnant it was high at one appt and then I got more and more nervous of it being high at each appt after that so it became a self fulfilling prophesy! I had to use one of the home monitors too cos my gp wanted to make sure it was just white coat with my family history and cos I also had fairly severe swelling in my feet and legs.

I get awful white coat syndrome after last time too, so I got a bp monitor myself to check it at home for accurate readings. It's always lower at home and they're taking those readings into account when it's been high at appointments.

My GP recently took my blood pressure twice, when I asked why she said the first reading is always higher!

• Advertisement

My GP recently took my blood pressure twice, when I asked why she said the first reading is always higher!

Yeah they are supposed to take 2-3 and take the average.

Advertisement