Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November 2017 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mawn_g

Had 28 week midwife clinic appointment today...all good. Annoyed to find out that at my booking in appt they sent urine sample away (which is routine) and turns out I had an ecoli infection and they prescribed antibiotics but they neglected to call me and tell me or tell me anything about the infection. Luckily it obviously sorted itself out but it's hard not to get frustrated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Mawn that happened my sil when she was pregnant. Got given out to by gp for not taking antibiotics for her uti...which she had never been told she had and had never been told antibiotics had been prescribed.

Mawn that happened my sil when she was pregnant. Got given out to by gp for not taking antibiotics for her uti...which she had never been told she had and had never been told antibiotics had been prescribed.

That's frustrating for her. Not the end of the world so long no harm was done to baby but makes me wonder about their follow up on things!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭blackbird86

That's really bad mawn_g, what hospital are you in? Thankfully it sorted itself out.

I ended up with terrible indigestion and nausea today. And the swelling has started in my legs, had big indent marks from my socks this evening! Jinxing myself saying I felt good :rolleyes:

I had awful indigestion/heartburn crap all day, but it's pretty much constant now anyway :( Ate a massive dinner and now I'm fine, I can't figure out what the Acid Reflux Gods want!

I can't believe how little swelling I have this time, my wedding rings still fit fine, last time they had to come off at 22 weeks, I'm 27 now. My legs are slightly swollen but not noticeably, they got a bit bigger at a wedding over the weekend but I was dancing until 4am so that was to be expected!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Itzadogzlife

I'm off to the rotunda tomorrow to the breastfeeding workshop! Has anyone done one ? Can partners go to it ??

Iv noticed when I'm walking iv got a lot of pressure and discomfort in my lower belly and it's becoming a struggle to walk any distance. I'm in with the midwife on Thursday so going to ask her about it.

That's really bad mawn_g, what hospital are you in? Thankfully it sorted itself out.

I ended up with terrible indigestion and nausea today. And the swelling has started in my legs, had big indent marks from my socks this evening! Jinxing myself saying I felt good :rolleyes:

@blackbird86
    I'm in sligo general. To be fair to the midwife she coudlnt have been nicer and more open about it. Apologising....second time a junior Dr had messed up with my stuff though
    ...one called last week about my diabetes test out of the blue and the midwife today explained she probably didn't know they used different result scales for the test in pregnancy so she thought I had tested positive....I know they have to learn somewhere but I will be double checking everything with midwives from now on!!

Acid reflux is the devil!

The swelling always eased off in the evenings when I put my feet up so hopefully it'll be the same this time. I definitely won't get much longer out of my wedding rings, they're very tight now. Could also be partly down to the two stone I've gained from eating a million calories a day to try and battle the nausea for so long!

I'm off to the rotunda tomorrow to the breastfeeding workshop! Has anyone done one ? Can partners go to it ??

Did the one in the Coombe last time. I can't remember if there were any partners at it, if there were it was only one or two.

We did breastfeeding class last time here in Galway, partners were welcome. It was grand, I honestly can't remember any of it but it gave a good basic start. I probably got more help/info from Cuidiu and facebook bf groups, and good websites like kellymom.

I've been eating all around me, especially as I had a friend visiting for the last week so we were out for dinner etc every day. Constant battle with the heartburn and reflux of eating enough but not too much or needing more etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I was told in the Rotunda that there were no partners allowed at the breastfeeding class due to issues with space. It is ridiculous and I am considering a private class because of it. Surely in our sleep deprived states, our fellas need to be up to speed on everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Itzadogzlife

I was told in the Rotunda that there were no partners allowed at the breastfeeding class due to issues with space. It is ridiculous and I am considering a private class because of it. Surely in our sleep deprived states, our fellas need to be up to speed on everything!

Thanks loveinapril some people are saying they can go and others say they can't !! I agree they should be able to go to all classes and appointments. There is so much information to take in that it's great to have a second person with you

There are no words for how tired I am. Have taken to going to bed when the toddler is going t 8/8.30, or sometimes earlier than him. Still exhausted all day every day! My legs feel like I've run a marathon, they have the smallest amount of swelling, not even noticeable, but I can feel it making them feel stretched and tired.

28 week appointment on Monday, maternity leave in about 4 weeks, still haven't sorted out maternity benefit form!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bumpityboo

Spottybananas I don't know how you do it with a toddler at home, it's my first and I am generally napping on the couch from 8/9pm till he hubby makes me go to bed around 11!

Putting in my maternity benefit form today but unless I am totally baby brained I can't see anywhere to put my bank details so they know where to send the money? I got my form directly from work, the MB1 and 2. Is there a different one with a section for your own bank details? Have been through it several times but can't see anywhere to put it in...

It's so tough with a toddler in fairness, well I find it tough. I'm just so low energy this week and the constant acid reflux/indigestion, between work and him I'm wrecked! Up until now it wasn't so bad.

There's a clear part on my form for payment method, I got my form from SW office, not sure if it differs when it's from an employer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

bumpityboo wrote: »
    Putting in my maternity benefit form today but unless I am totally baby brained I can't see anywhere to put my bank details so they know where to send the money?

I got my form online but its part 3 "Your payment details" directly after work details page.

The constant acid reflux and indigestion sounds awful spotty. I had it so bad on Monday but it eased off again since, phew.

Had my 28 week hospital appt this morning. My blood pressure was high which I was sure was white coat. But as I had a bad headache the other day the midwife sent me off for a blood pressure series. All good anyway, it came right back down to normal and everything else good otherwise. Bump is measuring slightly behind, glad to hear I'm not as big as I feel :D

Yeah the constant heartburn/acid reflux is miserable, happens no matter what or how much I eat. I've kind of figured out that if eat a huge dinner at 6pm I'm fine for the night, but that failed last night, had heartburn at midnight. Going for dinner with friends tonight and won't be eating until nearly 9 I'd say, won't be a good night after that!

I must check my bp now in the next few days to get a real reading rather than my ridiculous hospital white coat readings.

I know how miserable it is from my last month or two last time. I remember my husband coming home from work one day when I was a few days overdue and I was sitting on the couch crying cos I was so fed up of the relentless acid reflux. Hope you can enjoy your dinner tonight at least.

I'll enjoy it when I'm eating it, not after though! :) I had awful "heartburn" in the last few weeks last time, turns out it was a pre eclampsia symptom, no wonder it was so bad!

• Advertisement

I just lost my mucus plug. Nearly 28 weeks (first baby) so I got such a fright. I rang the Rotunda but as I have no other issues, they said not to worry.

I just lost my mucus plug. Nearly 28 weeks (first baby) so I got such a fright. I rang the Rotunda but as I have no other issues, they said not to worry.

Oh scary! That's good that they said not to worry, I'm not a panicker but that would've worried me.

I don't usually get discharge, so thought it was unusual so googled it. Feckin panic! All I could find was info about starting labour but the midwife in the Rotunda was so nice. No blood, brown, smell, pain, diarrhea or flu symptoms and baby still moving well so she said there was nothing to worry about.

God that sounds scary, glad it's nothing to worry about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭littlebsci

That must have given you an awful fright Loveinapril! Happy to hear the midwife wasn't worried though! Didn't realise they could come out without meaning labour is imminent... Something new learned!!

Disaster of an appt today for 28 weeks. Kept waiting for 50 minutes because a midwife separated my file from all the others so they basically lost me for that long. Then the midwife was the same one who spouted incorrect crap about breastfeeding at my 12 week appt, and today she wouldn't listen about my bp always being higher in there than at home. She frightened the life out of me that I had pre eclampsia again but much earlier, due to bp, protein in urine and swelling that is non existent. Thought the doctor was going to admit me on the spot the way she went on.

Saw doctor, he said bp is fine, so was urine sample, baby fine too. Bloody midwives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭littlebsci

Oh Spotty, that is a disaster!! That midwife needs to be avoided like the plague! If only it was possible to do so!!

Thankfully everything is ok though!

Very upset and disappointed to find out that there's a new hypnobirthing course running in my hospital, only €50 vs €350+ for Gentlebirth classes elsewhere. I could really do with something like this to brace myself for the hell of being in that hospital again and fighting my corner with the staff, again. But my husband works one weekday evening twice a month, and of course it's the evening that the course is on. Partners have to attend all classes, so I can't do the course. I'm irrationally extremely angry at my husband and his job for stopping me from getting this opportunity when the reason I can't has absolutely bugger all to do with me :mad::(

Ah that's crap, is there no way he can get out of work that evening?

29 weeks now, eek! Starting an antenatal aqua aerobics class next week, really need to start doing a bit more exercise

• Advertisement

No, can't get out of it unless exceptional circumstances, it's mandatory twice every month and the course is 4 evenings. Couldn't have been on a different weekday, typical!

I bet that class will be great, no antenatal exercise classes around here or I'd definitely be trying some. I'm walking 4-5k a few times a week and going to start more swimming and yoga once work calms down mid September.

Advertisement