Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November 2017 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭blackbird86

I went a week over last time but I've also had a strong feeling for a good few weeks now that I'll go early this time. Always felt I'd go overdue last time and never felt any pressure or cramps til very late on. This time I've been feeling loads of pressure on and off and lots of period like cramps for weeks now. It probably means nothing and I'll go over again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I was exhausted going to bed after a pretty lazy day, fell asleep at 9.15pm. Woke thinking it must be about 1am...it was 10.30 :( So now I'm wide awake since, I basically had a nap at 9-10, terrible idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Juicyfruit

Same keeps happening to me Spotty. Falling asleep exhausted, waking up thinking it's nearly morning only for it to be an hour or so since I fell asleep and then tossing and turning trying to get back to sleep again. Really frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mawn_g

Just after packing for a wedding I have on saturday. Heading for galway tomorrow after work....why did I think I would feel excited about a wedding at 37 weeks pregnant!!

Oh good luck with that mawn_g! I'd say you'll be wrecked by the end of it.

Giving cloth nappies a go this time, got some in the post today along with a haakaa pump and the breast angel silver cups. Almost set now!

• Advertisement

I went to a wedding at 36 weeks last time and felt fine, well except that I swelled up like a balloon by midnight and was admitted the following day but that was just rotten coincidence! Have a great time, Galway is the best :)

I must get a Haaka too, I'm hopeless at getting much pumping so hoping that might make it a bit easier.

I had my 36 week appointment this morning and was not admitted like last time, success :) No signs of pre eclampsia so far, delighted. I feel I can actually relax (a bit) now. Getting fairly uncomfortable Braxton hicks and some cramping so hopefully they will pick up even more in the coming weeks.

I had my 36 week appointment this morning and was not admitted like last time, success :) No signs of pre eclampsia so far, delighted. I feel I can actually relax (a bit) now. Getting fairly uncomfortable Braxton hicks and some cramping so hopefully they will pick up even more in the coming weeks.

Glad to hear it went well!! Tried to change my attitude to the wedding after hearing you say you and a good time and ended up having a fantastic day. Only downside was as the drink flowed people seemed to get attracted to the bump which got alot of unsolicited attention but oh well ha ha! My hospital appt from last Monday is this afternoon now so looking forward to seeing what way baby is as the last two times they couldn't tell exactly what position baby was in just that head wasn't down!

That's great that you enjoyed the wedding! Might as well, won't have a responsibility free night out for a while :) I only had one person touch my bump at the wedding at 36 weeks and same at one this time at 27 weeks. Both women I barely knew, both times I just froze, one did it because I complimented her shoes?!! People who know me know better than to rub me :D

Glad you enjoyed the wedding mawn_g! All was good at my 36 week appt on friday too. I'll be 37 weeks on Wednesday, crazy! Will be happy to get to that milestone after the scare a couple of weeks ago and not knowing if baby was going to have to be delivered early.

I'm feeling good apart from reflux, no other bad symptoms at all. Apart from needing to pee constantly!

• Advertisement

Right, all my cooking/baking for freezer stash is done, son's room is 95% finished, just need to see if we can encourage him to sleep in there at all now :D

So tomorrow marks my last day in work before maternity leave begins....yay......well in one way at least. I'm glad to be finishing work cuz the long days are killing me but instead of being totally at ease with it im wide awake not able to get to sleep. Any other first time mums/or ladies remember feeling like this with your first pregnancy? I'm excited for my new arrival but I guess this is making it very real and I must be starting to worry about how I'll cope. Sorry I don't mean to sound like I'm not happy cuz I am it's just all so new and daunting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

mawn_g wrote: »
    im wide awake not able to get to sleep. Any other first time mums/or ladies remember feeling like this with your first pregnancy? I'm excited for my new arrival but I guess this is making it very real and I must be starting to worry about how I'll cope. Sorry I don't mean to sound like I'm not happy cuz I am it's just all so new and daunting!

I am the same (also a first timer), but I am just getting worried about all the organising and have I got everything ready, my brain hasn't allowed me to get to the stage about actually being a mammy yet.

On another note, is anyone else in the absolute horrors?! I am 36 weeks 4 days and am just so cranky. I feel like I haven't been giddy or happy in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

Right, all my cooking/baking for freezer stash is done, son's room is 95% finished, just need to see if we can encourage him to sleep in there at all now :D

Wow, that's super preparation!

I think that's fairly natural mawn_g. It's my second and I'm still feeling daunted and wondering how I'll cope!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Yes lots of worry about oh my god what are we doing!!Second time round I was in a worse state worrying about the labour, which was weird because I had a good labour first time-I think it was just coz I knew more about what was going to happen or something.Worrying is totally normal,but I did find after sitting at home and waiting for a baby for about a week and a half I kind of got over it and moved on to just wanting the baby to come because I was fed up!!

You will cope-I cannot describe the emotion that goes with it.It's incredible :-)Your baby is yours and it makes all the difference!The sleeplessness and chaos-you cope and it doesn't last forever.We are made of stronger stuff than you'd imagine :-)

We're on baby #2 and I'm still panicking, clueless and wondering how in the name of God we'll cope and what the hell have we done!! 37+2 now, because I only got to 36+6 last time I feel like a first timer, have no idea what to expect.

Been having some minor cramps the last few days, the same as early period cramps. I keep forgetting I'm pregnant and thinking "Ooh I must be getting my period" :D Never got as far as cramps etc last time. They could go on for weeks I guess!

Psychologeeee I just need to make sure I have a food stash because I was starving during the first weeks (months) of feeding last time and need things I can heat and eat easily one handed! And our son is 2.5 and his room is only nearly finished, not great organisation lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭littlebsci

Hello November Mommas!! Hope you're all enjoying the long weekend!

Theoretically only a week left to go for me... We shall see!! Still feeling great and am quite active despite some pelvic pain so at the moment I'm in no great rush for it all to end. I reckon I'll feel differently if I go well beyond my due date though! My only true complaint these days is that my skin on my stomach is really irritating me with all the stretching!!

Like you Spottybananas, we've got the freezer stocked up with meals. I just want to put another few smoothie bags together and I'll be happy to call it done.

Mawn_g I find myself trying not to think about it too much cos it's all so daunting! But I figure a little bit of fear/anxiety is healthy...like nerves before going on stage!

Loveinapril, yep....I'm so cranky! Not constantly but my poor husband has been getting it in the neck big time. At least now I've begun to recognise when I'm just being an unreasonable thick and have the good grace to apologise....while rubbing my bump as a partial explanation of course :D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

littlebsci wrote: »
    I'm in no great rush for it all to end.

I think this is a lovely way to look at things! Fantastic attitude to have, even when I'm sure it's not the most comfortable stage of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

We are booked for an induction this evening in Mullingar.
    Everything fine at last appointment on Friday, but they just want her in early rather than going over and risking complications(blood pressure)

Anyone any tips for first timers and first time induction ?

• Advertisement

Oh good luck will56! As a first timer myself I've no advice but I hope it all goes smoothly! Looking forward to hearing news of our first November baby.

Tomorrow is our month! I'm due 21st, hoping desperately not to make it to December because it would be such difficult timing with husband's work.

My friend's waters just broke, looking forward to hearing news from her tomorrow hopefully :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭foggy

will56 wrote: »
    Everything fine at last appointment on Friday, but they just want her in early rather than going over and risking complications(blood pressure)

I hope the induction has starting working for you. I was induced last time, it took 4 gels over 2 days to get me started. My advice is to walk, walk and walk some more after you get the gel. It puts added pressure on the cervix to get things started. Stairs are meant to be excellent ams also sitting on the ball.

I'm looking at either induction or C- Section this time. Will know for definite next week, just depends on what way baby is facing.
    Good luck and hope you're back on here layer today with news.

Happy November everyone, can't believe our due month is here :-O Can't wait to hear of all the new arrivals.

I'm 38 weeks now, would love if baby arrived in a week or so!

Hope the induction is progressing well will56

Can't believe November is upon us already!

Due tomorrow and not feeling anything major. Few niggles and pressure and feeling like period is coming but other than that nothing - not taking too much notice of due date as last time saw it too much as the finish line and then went over by almost 2 weeks which was hard to take at the time. Just going with the flow and know baby will be here when ready!

Nervous about impending labor and thinking about our lives changing again and going back to the newborn stage but also so excited for the new addition to our family and of course finding out if it's a little brother or sister for our little girl :)

Hope all you ladies are doing well and hopefully we'll be welcoming some babies soon!

All clear at today's gp appt, next stop 38 week hospital appt, eek! She said there is no more space for it to go upwards by my ribs, it'll have to drop down a bit soon. Gp was saying how different I am this time, not swollen and in pain and struggling. That tells you how bad my swelling was that she remembers it 2.5 years later!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

will56 wrote: »

Wow, bit of a whirlwind at the end but all good.
    Beautiful baby girl at just after 7pm on the 01 November.

2 rounds of gel, one on Tues evening and again Wed Morning.
    We did some walking and stairs and then the ball in the after noon.

She went from 3cm to baby in record time (about 30mins)
    Surpised everyone, including us, because they expected to do a 3rd gel Wed evening.

Great news, Congratulations!

Congratulations will56!!

• Advertisement

Congratulations will56, wow that was incredibly fast! Hope your other half is doing well

Advertisement