Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November 2017 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭littlebsci

Congratulations to those who have joined in the last few days!!

Meathcat, I know how you feel. My emotions seem to be on a knife edge at the moment. I'm not a weepy person by nature but any "upset" and I'm a blubbering mess...My husband wasn't listening to me properly on the phone earlier, cue meltdown!! Spare me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

My husband is in hospital at the moment waiting on surgery and between that and the 4 kids and work with the 1st trimester tiredness I am barely functioning at the minute.

Is anyone else just exhausted!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭blackbird86

Sounds tough kaylami, hope your husband is back home soon. What ages are your 4 kids?

I'm not too bad with the tiredness so far but I'm only 4.5 weeks at the moment. Can't remember when the exhaustion hit last time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I didn't get exhausted during first trimester last time I don't think, but my memory is skewed because I got a vomiting bug at week 8 that absolutely knocked me for six for over a week, got it again at 19 weeks, hope my immune system isn't quite as crap this time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭littlebsci

Oh that's tough going Kaylami. I hope he gets home to you soon.

I had to go up to bed at 9 last night I was so tired! I got a wall around 8pm and fought going up for an hour then said to hell with it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Meathcat7

Hope everything goes well Kaylami, wow you have a lot on your plate at the moment - even if you weren't pregnant, that would be enough to keep you wrecked!

I am tired in the evenings alright, more so than usual and I fall asleep very quickly but am back up again about 2 hours later for the loo - usually waking up about 3-4 times in the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

The kids are 7, 4, 2 and 1. All girls! I hope he gets home soon too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

I am wrecked! Fell asleep putting no1 to bed last night around 9, swapped beds at 10, up at 6:30 for work and got the bus at 7:30 and after sleeping the 90mins journey!!

Hope he's out and recovered soon Kaylami x

Had my booking in appointment with the go yesterday. Gonna go to mullingar again. Anyone else going there?

Woke up this morning to a cold and a cold sore, never had one before, gonna kill my husband!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I am 5 weeks today! Still feeling a light dragging sensation every now and then and my boobs aren't sore anymore so I am happy enough!

4+5 here, getting occasional dragging sensations too. I'm fairly sure my boobs were very sore at this stage last time but they're grand at the moment. I'm still breastfeeding my toddler though & I'm starting to find that a little sore.

• Advertisement

4+5 here, getting occasional dragging sensations too. I'm fairly sure my boobs were very sore at this stage last time but they're grand at the moment. I'm still breastfeeding my toddler though & I'm starting to find that a little sore.

I think you, me & kaylami have the same due date!

Well done on breastfeeding your toddler! We just finished up right before I got pregnant in November at 2yrs2mths :)

I think my supply might be dropping slightly for my toddler, hope it doesn't happen two quickly because I don't want to upset him, he still loves his milkies so much and so do I, boob is the easy answer to everything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Itzadogzlife

I'm 6 weeks pregnant today and iv just noticed a small bit of brown discharge. Should I be worried ??

I think my supply might be dropping slightly for my toddler, hope it doesn't happen two quickly because I don't want to upset him, he still loves his milkies so much and so do I, boob is the easy answer to everything :D

Totally! I miss the quick fix:)

I'm 6 weeks pregnant today and iv just noticed a small bit of brown discharge. Should I be worried ??

No expert but when I was researching when i miscarried, it basically said brown blood isn't as much a worry as its old not fresh blood. No harm ringing gp/nurse to ask for advise that's what they are there for. I wouldn't be concerned if it's only a little though.

I think you, me & kaylami have the same due date!

Well done on breastfeeding your toddler! We just finished up right before I got pregnant in November at 2yrs2mths :)

Thank you! Well done yourself on 2yrs 2 months, that's amazing!

I had similar around the same time in my last pregnancy. It went on for over a week. I went to get checked & all was fine. Usually it's bright red blood you need to worry about but no harm giving them a call if you want some reassurance

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Itzadogzlife

Thanks ladies. I haven't had any more since so hoping everything is ok. I'm in with my gp on Thursday so I'll ask about it then. It's so nice having this group to chat to as we haven't told anyone that I'm pregnant

Perk #1, getting half my husband's dinner after eating mine :) However I did scare the life out of him when I said I am technically feeding 3 people now...I meant me, toddler, embryo, he panicked and thought I knew it was twins :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Meathcat7

@spottybananas, that's just evil ha ha

• Advertisement

I've done exactly what I would tell someone else not to do. I've tested every morning since Sunday, and I feel they are not as dark as they should be, possibly lighter than they were. Still having lots of stretching pains though, so will just have to cop on and wait and see.

I'm terrible for repeat testing too. I tested for the first three days as it was early & the lines were faint. I was happy then for a few days but I tested again Sunday morning cos I had a spare test there. The line hadn't really gotten noticeably darker in the 5 days since my previous test so I panicked & bought more tests on Monday! Got a good strong darker line Monday evening. I don't seem to follow the pattern of getting better results with first morning urine, my evening tests seem to be stronger.

If you are worried, you could always get the GP to test your bloods for HCG levels and test 2/3 days later to see if its increasing by the expected amounts? I did a clear blue "Pregnant" not Pregnant one and Im going to retest at 8 weeks (miscarriaged at that stage last time) with the clear blue one test that tells you 0,1,2,3+ weeks just cos I have one there.

Tbh my gp is very practical/matter of facty, I think she would just say it's positive we'll send off referral and that's that for now (she's actually a great gp but is very straightforward which is often what I like about her!). I wouldn't get an appointment until next week anyway so I might as well just wait it out. I don't want to but a digital one because I'm too cheap and have loads of strip tests here!! I'm just concerned about a later chemical pregnancy, damn my cycle being so punctual that I know so early.

How's everyone feeling now? Nausea has set in for me today, I feel better when I eat at the moment so I'm trying not to let myself get hungry!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sparkles2017

Hi all joining your club. Due mid November. First pregnancy, very excited and nervous at the same time. 5wks+3. No symptoms yet as such, only bloatedness and trapped wind, but I don't know Is it something I'm eating.
    I'm a school teacher and some children in my room have suspected chicken pox. I panicked and rang my mother straight away and she can't recall if I had them or not. So went straight to the doctor after school on thursday. They couldn't run my bloods because of the bank holiday so I'm in again first thing tomorrow morning. Supposedly you have 10 days from when you think you have been in contact with them until they give you the antibodies or whatever it is to protect you! So a little nervous. Googled it and over 90% of adults over the age of 40 have been in contact with the virus so fingers crossed I've had them! I can't recall if I've had them either and I've no chicken pox scars/marks that most adults have!

Sparkles I never had them either, I was told that some people get them as a very mild cold like sickness. I was surrounded by children with them when I was little so I must've been exposed to them.

Bloating is very common in early pregnancy, it's to do with hormones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sparkles2017

Ya I think I've had them but can't be certain. Mam said all of us had them bar one of us and she can't recall who it was so she just advised me to go straight to the doctor. I'm probably worried for no reason but better to be safe than sorry. The doctor didn't do any other checks with me at all, just a quick pregnancy test. She spent about 30mins ringing all the nearby hospitals to see would they run my bloods but all were closed for the bank holiday. So I just have to wait it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

If you are worried, you could always get the GP to test your bloods for HCG levels and test 2/3 days later to see if its increasing by the expected amounts? I did a clear blue "Pregnant" not Pregnant one and Im going to retest at 8 weeks (miscarriaged at that stage last time) with the clear blue one test that tells you 0,1,2,3+ weeks just cos I have one there.

My GP wouldn't test for HCG last time, mentioning something about how the labs wouldn't even process them or something. This was just after my miscarriage so I wasn't in the head space to query it.

I am 5wks+ 5 days today. I had my first bleed on this day last time, then eventually miscarried at 7 weeks 1 day so I feel like today is an important day to get through emotionally. I keep trying to remind myself that all pregnancies are different. My nipples are killing me the last two days, it feels like they have been rubbed raw!

• Advertisement

My GP wouldn't test for HCG last time, mentioning something about how the labs wouldn't even process them or something. This was just after my miscarriage so I wasn't in the head space to query it.

I am 5wks+ 5 days today. I had my first bleed on this day last time, then eventually miscarried at 7 weeks 1 day so I feel like today is an important day to get through emotionally. I keep trying to remind myself that all pregnancies are different. My nipples are killing me the last two days, it feels like they have been rubbed raw!

When I went to the epu the 1st day, they asked had gp done bloods that week so they could compare against so they definitely can send, might depend on the doc and you'd have to pay I imagine. Friend had it done on her 1st pregnancy and she had no risk factors. I'm not gonna go down that route myself cos I think I'd make myself a ball of nerves waiting on results. My boob sensitivity is easing and had me terrified yesterday, back a bit today. Hope yours eases a bit! Today is definitely a milestone for you, hope you got through it ok x

Advertisement