Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

November 2017 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Meathcat7

how far are ye all gone now ? im about 5 weeks .. few symptoms.. peeing ... tired... and little twitches in my lower abdomen.. think its just a bit of stretching hopefully..do any of ye have this ?

All very normal! I am 8 weeks and 2 days now, having all those symptoms you describe. The cramps aren't as bad as they were but I still have them - just your uterus making a bit of room.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 babybaby2017

Meathcat i just read your previous comments.. is this your first? you must have been so relieved to see baby in scan at 6 weeks after having a miscarriage last year! congrats! i didn't notice any lower abdomen twitches in my last pregnancy but the miscarriage did happen at around 6 weeks so that's probably why. ill take it as a good sign !

Meathcat i just read your previous comments.. is this your first? you must have been so relieved to see baby in scan at 6 weeks after having a miscarriage last year! congrats! i didn't notice any lower abdomen twitches in my last pregnancy but the miscarriage did happen at around 6 weeks so that's probably why. ill take it as a good sign !

Yes that's right, this would be my first if I go to term. I was sh*tting it at the scan to be honest. She couldn't see anything with the pelvic probe and so had to go up. It was unbelievable to see that little blob there and to hear her say that the heart was beating away! It was money well-spent for the private scan. We also did it because we had no idea really how far along I was. LMP was 25th December but I knew I wasn't as far along as that - the nurse in the GP said that I was due in early October but I knew.

Last time, I don't remember having the cramps but I do remember the fatigue alright!

Sorry to hear about your own experience. I just take every day now as it comes and each day that I wake up with a baby still there, I think it's a little miracle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Meathcat7 wrote: »
    I was sh*tting it at the scan to be honest. She couldn't see anything with the pelvic probe and so had to go up. It was unbelievable to see that little blob there and to hear her say that the heart was beating away! It was money well-spent for the private scan.

I am the same.. terrified of the scan. I am 7 weeks 6 days today and have my private scan booked for Thursday (i will be 8 weeks and 2 days). The longer I am pregnant, the more calm/ hopeful I get but I need to see the little heartbeat to really feel okay. I am already nearly a week past the point of miscarriage on my first pregnancy which is great. My breasts are still quite sore, the pain changes every couple of days but is still there. It is a nice reminder. I am struggling with sleep which is probably due to the constant peeing and would love a day off!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Juicyfruit

9+4 today. Had private scan last week and all was looking good, strong heartbeat and measuring perfectly.

Had some sickness and nausea from around 7 weeks to the last couple of days so exactly the same as last time. Hoping that's it now on the sickness front, fingers crossed!

I'm suffering with insomnia too meathcat, if I wake up at all in the night it's impossible to go back to sleep. Im also having such vivid dreams when I am asleep so am wrecked from that too.

Looking forward to the second trimester!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭littlebsci

Hi November Mammies to be!

9+3 today. Meeting my midwife for my first appointment on Friday....nice to have little things to look forward to.

Symptom wise I was nauseous all day every day for about 2 weeks and I was on a very short fuse as a result. It's now eased to mainly evenings which I can definitely cope with. My sleep has changed completely, I've gone from being the type of person to sleep through a hurricane to a really light sleeper and if I wake up at all I'm the same as you Juicyfruit, I struggle to get back to sleep. Not impressed with this turn of events at all! :)

It is so annoying waking up so much and not being able to get back to sleep. I find the birds are waking me at about 5.30am and I am up for the day. I am exhausted and in bed before 10pm then. I have always woken up a couple of times to pee in the night but pregnancy peeing in the night is on another level.

8 weeks today :)

It is so annoying waking up so much and not being able to get back to sleep. I find the birds are waking me at about 5.30am and I am up for the day. I am exhausted and in bed before 10pm then. I have always woken up a couple of times to pee in the night but pregnancy peeing in the night is on another level.

8 weeks today :)

LOL I'm usually awake by then anyway! Always in bed by 9.30 - even before I got pregnant. Hubby has to be up at 5 to drive to Dublin so it's rare that I would be still in bed after 6am anyway.

I actually got a decent night's sleep last night. I decided not to have any fluids after 7pm, only sips of water, and it meant that I only got up once for the loo and slept right through to 5am which was pretty good.

Got the details of my booking appointment and dating scan from the Coombe today. Does anyone know if it's usual for them to be on two separate days (in the same week in my case)? Want to ring to see if I can be seen for both on the same day but also don't want to be creating hassle of it's the norm!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭blackbird86

That's strange, mine are both the same day & were last time too. Booking appointment first & then down for a scan afterwards.

Im still feeling fairly rubbish but not as bad as I was. I'm hoping it'll stay relatively under control now with the meds. I'm completely shattered all the time too, no energy at all!

• Advertisement

Ah that's awful for you Blackbird86! You would be able to handle the sickness better if you​weren't wiped out! The double whammy must be really rough!

I'll definitely give them a ring tomorrow to change to the same day, missing two mornings of work in the same week isn't ideal!

We had our scan today. It was so brilliant seeing/ hearing it's little heartbeat. I am dizzy with happiness!

We had our scan today. It was so brilliant seeing/ hearing it's little heartbeat. I am dizzy with happiness!

Aw that's wonderful, so glad it all went well. What's your due date?

I'm laughing, I just see a new thread for 'Due in December 2017', makes me feel like I've moved up the queue!!

Delighted your scan went well Loveinapril. Hearing the heartbeat is amazing!

Met my midwife this morning... She's fantastic! Just my type of person, no nonsense. Really looking forward to having her care for me over the coming months.

Such a beautiful day out, think I'll throw the leads on the dogs and get out for a walk...My activity levels have been appalling over the last 5 weeks so need to get moving again or I'll be in bad way by the end of this pregnancy!!

Meathcat7 wrote: »
    Aw that's wonderful, so glad it all went well. What's your due date?

I'm laughing, I just see a new thread for 'Due in December 2017', makes me feel like I've moved up the queue!!

We are old news now!!!

They never gave me a due date but I am due proper scans in the Rotunda in two and four weeks so will be great to find out then. I estimate Nov 14th. Lots of stretching pains this morning.

Spoke too soon on the sickness front - 10+2 today and have been vomiting all day. Can't keep anything down

Read that hCG levels peak around 10 weeks so that could explain it!

Oh no Juicyfruit, I wonder could it be a bug or something? It seems very late to suddenly be so sick. I thought I had mine under control but yesterday I was back to keeping nothing down. Has eased again today to just bad nausea. I can't wait to get out of the first trimester!

I caved today & booked an early scan for next week. I need something nice to keep me going!

Looks like the dream is over for me.  We went for our first consultant appointment yesterday and before she even said the words, I could see it on the screen.  Empty sac.  I had no miscarriage or anything like that, our baby simply didn't develop and was absorbed back into my body leaving the empty sac there.  The sac was measuring 6 weeks and 1 day instead of 9 weeks and 2 days.  So ironically, the day after we had our wonderful scan where we had a baby with a heartbeat, it all ended.  Of course because I still have a sac and a womb with lining, my poor body still thinks it's pregnant.
    We are due back next Thursday for a follow-up scan and she will then schedule a d&c if things don't move by themselves.  Heartbroken doesn't even cover how we feel.  And I have the joy of either another miscarriage or a d&c to look forward to now.
    I truly wish all you wonderful ladies the best of luck for the next 7 months & thanks for all the wonderful support & chat over the last few weeks.

Dreadful news Meathcat. So sorry to hear. Mind yourself xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

That's devastating news meathcat. I'm so sorry. Take care of yourselves. Xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

So sorry to hear that Meathcat x

I'm so sorry Meathcat, dreadful news especially after the earlier scan with a heartbeat. Look after yourself, you poor thing xx

I am so very sorry, Meathcat. Sending you lots of love x

im so sorry for you meathcat...heartbreaking x x

Oh Meathcat, I'm so sorry to hear that. Look after yourself, I'll be thinking of you xx

I went for an early scan, everything is looking good. Was lovely to see the little heart beating on the screen!

I'm feeling a good bit better too, the meds have the hyperemesis under control now. I'm still nauseous most of the time but it's great to be able to function again & not be bedridden vomiting all day. Hope everyone else is feeling well!

how many weeks are you up to now blackbird86 ? I feel everyday is draggin !

I am the same. I just can't wait to get to 12/ 13 weeks. I am due a scan next week (ten weeks) and it can't come quick enough. All was well at the 8 week but the ten week is actually in the Rotunda so will make it all feel more real. I am going to allow myself to start buying a few bits from 12 weeks.

Oh yeah, the time is absolutely dragging! I feel like the first trimester goes on for about two years lol. I'm 9+1 now. Going by my period I'd be 9+5 but my cycle's about 32 days & I knew I was a few days behind, the scan today confirmed my own dates were correct.

• Advertisement

I had a scan yesterday and they put me at 9 weeks and 2 days. I thought i was 10 weeks 1 day. I am a little disappointed as it is already dragging and I just want to be past the early stage already! Everything looked grand and the heartbeat was flying!

It was supposed to be a reassurance scan but it turned into my booking appointment. I have requested another scan as I feel 9 weeks- 21 weeks is too long to wait. I am having that in 4 weeks.

That's great Loveinapril, despite the dates being a week behind! You're dead right to request another scan as that would have been quite a big gap!

We had another scan this morning. 11+5 today and measuring at that too. It was so good to see it again, looks like an actual little human now! 2 hands, 2 feet and a good strong heartbeat. Making good progress!

Good news on the scans girls. It's amazing seeing the difference at around 12 weeks littlebsci, it looks like a proper little person by then!

I'm 10 weeks now, feels like a nice little milestone! Can't wait for my booking appointment. I've told so many people at this stage, can't keep my mouth shut this time at all!

Absolutely Blackbird86.... Such as huge difference in only 5 weeks!

Have told the rest of our families today as I'm officially 12 weeks, lovely to have a good news day. Now we just have a few friends to tell and then it can filter out naturally. Not bothered with big announcements!

Hope everyone's well :-)

Anyone feeling any twinges in their bellyy these days? About the 9 weeks now.. No vomiting but nausous enough

Anyone feeling any twinges in their bellyy these days? About the 9 weeks now.. No vomiting but nausous enough

Not really getting twinges here. I never get the round ligament pain people talk about either.

My hospital appointment is next week, I can't wait!

It's quiet in here, how's everyone else doing?

• Advertisement

All good here, 13 weeks tomorrow! Sickness has well and truly gone and aside from tiredness I'm feeling fine!

Second trimester here I come.

Hospital appointment next week here too blackbird, very excited!

Hope everyone is well.

That's great your sickness is gone Juicyfruit! I'm so grateful that my medication has stopped my puking. I still feel nauseous every day, sometimes really badly so but it's a world away from what I was like a few weeks ago. The medication is ridiculously expensive but worth every penny. I'd love if the nausea lifted soon but I had it for my whole pregnancy last time so I won't get my hopes up!

I'm 11 weeks tomorrow, so not too long left in the first trimester :)

Ah no blackbird that's horrible, the nausea is nearly worse than the actual puking sometimes isn't it! Fingers crossed for you that it'll be different this time around and will go away soon! :)

Hi ladies, had my booking appointment in the hospital yesterday and have back in again tomorrow for my dating scan. Everyone I met in the Coombe yesterday was so lovely and positive about me planning a home birth​. Really put me at ease.

I'm the same as you Juicyfruit, nausea has gone completely and my energy levels are improving too.

I really hope the nausea does lift for you Blackbird86, it must be rotten to have it for a whole pregnancy! I thought it was bad enough when I had it all day for 3/4 weeks!

It wasn't at anywhere near as bad a level for the last three months or so of the pregnancy, I mostly just felt sick in the mornings & it would ease after lunchtime. Still, it'd be lovely if it stopped earlier this time!

• Advertisement

I am so pleased nausea passed me by but my boobs are sore every single day. My nipples are raw and perky which is so annoying as one of my most favourite things is taking off my bra when I get home. I may have to start wearing a bra if they don't ease up. 10weeks and 2 days. Soooooo slow!

im due a scan next week ..can not wait ! the days just drag when your waiting for it ! my boobs are so sore and big ! when im walking down the stairs i'm holding them!

Loveinapril and babybaby, the boob issues are unreal... I went up a cup size last month and am already falling out of that size bra now and although my husband thinks the increase is brilliant, my nipples feeling like someone's running razor wire over them constantly isn't filling me with joy :D

Dating scan this morning, in and out of the Coombe in 30 mins! All still looking good. Also got our harmony test results and low risk for everything so delighted to hear that.

Hope the time flies til your scans girls!!

Hi everyone, haven't been on this thread in ages. 10+4 now, had a private scan last week, heard heartbeat and saw a big head and four wiggly limbs :) Haven't told anybody yet, might tell a friend next week as I need someone to mind my son for my hospital appointment which is on Tuesday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi all! I've just joined this forum. Am 11 weeks with my first pregnancy & have my first scan next weekend. It's great to come across this forum to talk to others going through the same journey. Symptoms wise it's been the usual - sore boobs, bad nausea for a few weeks and major tiredness, but thankfully the nausea has subsided and I'm starting to feel like myself again. Just this week I have a few mild cramps and wonder if anyone else has experienced this? I've looked online and apparently it's quite normal as the womb expands/stretches but it's hard not to worry as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 norma1416

Hi all! I've just found this forum. Am 11 weeks with my first pregnancy & have my first scan next week. It's great to come across this forum to talk to others going through the same journey. Symptoms wise it's been the usual - sore boobs, bad nausea and major tiredness, but thankfully the nausea has recently subsided and I'm starting to feel like myself again. Just this week I have a few mild cramps and wonder if anyone else has experienced this? I had them very early on too, around week 6 & 7. I've looked online and apparently it's quite normal as the womb expands/stretches but it's hard not to worry as well. They're not all day, maybe only once or twice a day for a few minutes before they pass. Looking forward to sharing the experience with you all over the next week months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm 11 weeks since Saturday eeeek, scan weds week... it's number 2, my son is 6 & I feel so different this time! The boob situation is out of control!! I think I've turned a corner this week, hope everyone is feeling ok xxx

Had my hospital appointment this morning with scan, bloods, etc. It was all done in a third of the time it took with my son, great improvement! Baby wiggling all over on the scan, measuring perfectly. Back in 9 weeks to see how I'm doing based on last pregnancy's problems.

I also have had my hospital booking appointment & scan today, all good and got some nice photos. They've put my date back by one day based on the scan. Great to getting towards the end of the first trimester!

Spotty was it you still feeding your toddler, how are you finding it now? I'm finding it really painful, mainly on latching on. My boobs haven't been sore at all otherwise

Yep I am, it's mostly fine, a bit of pain sometimes when latching but mostly only when we're lying down, and I'm used to that exact pain from when he's teething.

Did your midwife say anything about you "still" feeding today? I got told it may cause miscarriage, I'll find it difficult to wean him, and that I must remember that the baby always needs to be first priority if tandem feeding, who would've thought!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement