Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

November 2017 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Well I got away with it at the spa, disappointingly there was no hot tub so my efforts were futile! My poor tankini swimsuit was digging in and I just looked like I'd rolls of fat, attractive! Definite little rounding bump kicking in now, I think I've felt tiny movements the last two nights but so brief it's difficult to tell.

Heartburn seems to be easing too, fingers crossed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭littlebsci

Dammit, all that scheming for nothing!! Hope you had a lovely time though!

We did thanks :) Left the toddler with my mum and had an afternoon of blissful laziness!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭blackbird86

I'm going on a spa weekend in Sept. I can't wait! A whole weekend of pure relaxation, heaven :)

Going to Dublin tomorrow for dinner & a concert, no idea wtaf to wear during the day in the sunshine and for the evening that would make me look nice/pregnant/not just chubby. Went for dinner last night and shoved myself into a lovely summer dress, looked like I'd had 12 courses after 3!

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the weather, we were at the beach enjoying the lovely waves all weekend :)

Enjoyed the amazing weather too at the weekend. Already noticing swelling in my fingers which is probably heat related.
    Still sick but I'm having some days that I don't feel too nauseous so hopefully they start to increase. Fairly bad this morning though with vomiting.

God love you Blackbird, I haven't vomited at all but had horrible queasiness and heartburn, they've eased a bit but I don't know now if it's just time passing that has done it or me giving up processed bread and milk, as that definitely helped originally.

I don't think I've any swelling yet, my friend is 22 weeks so 4 weeks ahead of me and has had swelling in her hands for 4-6 weeks, very early! I'm wary of developing swelling as it is one of the markers of pre eclampsia which I had last time, but is also just a normal symptom, so it's a bit nerve wracking!

Hopefully you avoid pre-eclampsia this time, I'd imagine it's very nerve wracking wondering if it'll appear again. I had horrendous swelling last time but thankfully it didn't develop into anything more than that. My feet and ankles used to absolutely balloon after sitting in the office all day and my rings didn't fit again until over two months after giving birth!

My swelling wasn't too bad last time until 35weeks, then my feet and legs ballooned within a few days, that sudden swelling I now know was the point it tipped to pre eclampsia. By the time he was delivered at 36+6 I had fluid everywhere including in my lungs and finally got a proper bump due to the swelling! :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I am dying in this heat. I am dizzy, nauseous and so bloody tired. I have an ear infection so am on antibiotics too. Luckily I am not back in work til Wednesday because even hanging out the washing has me exhausted.

• Advertisement

That sounds awful Loveinapril, hope you feel better soon.

That sounds awful Loveinapril, hope you feel better soon.

Thanks. A bout of thrush has now made an appearance! Didn't sleep a wink trying all the natural remedies. Off to the pharmacy with me this morning!

You poor thing Loveinapril, sounds rotten. Are you on that big November Facebook group?

Hope you feel a bit better soon Loveinapril.

Last time I had had norovirus twice by this stage, lasting 7-10 days, feeling lucky that I'm getting off lightly now. Heartburn seems to have eased off completely (I'll jinx myself now), I look much bigger now, that's the only thing. I was pregnant in winter last time so much easier to hide the chub! Braving a fitted light dress today and I said to my husband people will definitely be wondering if I'm pregnant or just fat!

Lots of movement today, any time I sat down (which was a lot because I'm so tired from toddler).

Feeling more and more movement too, lots of what feels like little somersaults!

Its just like it's knocking on the bone for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mawn_g

Still waiting to feel any movement. But reading online (which I should probably avoid to much of) because placenta is to the front might take a bit longer....anyone else not felt much yet? 20 weeks sunday 🙈nearly half way!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Juicyfruit

21 weeks today and only started feeling movements last week at 19+5. Thought it would be earlier because it's my second but nope! Little flips and flutters, it's lovely.

Have anomaly scan on Monday so feeling anxious about it but looking forward to seeing baby again :)

Other than that all is going well so far, finally getting more energy although still quite tired in the evenings and going to bed early enough!

Hope everyone is keeping well!

• Advertisement

mawn_g wrote: »
    Still waiting to feel any movement. But reading online (which I should probably avoid to much of) because placenta is to the front might take a bit longer....anyone else not felt much yet? 20 weeks sunday 🙈nearly half way!

Mine was to the front last time and I felt movement much later than I have this time. Try not to worry as it's totally normal not to have felt anything yet :)

mawn_g wrote: »

I haven't felt anything yet either and I'm 21 weeks today! Every time my mother-in-law asks if I'm "feeling life yet" I nearly feel bad cos I'm not but sure there's nothing I can do about it, it'll happen when it happens!

Anomaly scan next Friday and same as you Juicyfruit, anxious but excited to see the little one again.

Started pregnancy yoga this week and have my hypnobirthing classes starting next week so starting to feel like time is ticking along nicely. Next on the list is the baby's room, love a project to keep me busy!

Hope you're all well. And Loveinapril, hope you're on the mend!

I felt the first movement at 16 weeks last time then hardly anything again until 20+ weeks easily. Thought I'd feel it earlier this time but nope! It's only barely noticeable now at nearly 19 weeks. Last night there was loads going on in there but I couldn't feel it at all on the outside,which always seems so weird!

My anomaly scan is Monday week, looking forward to it! Is anyone gonna find out the gender at theirs? We didn't last time and won't this time either. I love the surprise at the end!

We've decided we won't find out either, looking forward to the surprise when it's all done!!

We're not finding out either, we did last time but I want a surprise to look forward to if it all goes wrong again this time.

I've a 20 week appt in the hospital but they don't offer anomaly scan here, will book a private one, €150 though!

• Advertisement

We are going to find out at our big scan in two weeks. It's our first baby and we both have strong feelings it's a boy. If it's a girl, at least we will have 4 months to get used to the idea!

Loveinapril last time I was tterrified of having a boy as most of my family are girls, so we found out so that I had a few months to come to terms with it being a boy! Now that I know a boy is fine I can handle the surprise :) My husband wants to find out but I overruled him on account of me being the pregnant one.

Hope you're feeling better?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Juicyfruit

We're not going to find out either, didn't last time and was a lovely surprise!

Loveinapril last time I was tterrified of having a boy as most of my family are girls, so we found out so that I had a few months to come to terms with it being a boy! Now that I know a boy is fine I can handle the surprise :) My husband wants to find out but I overruled him on account of me being the pregnant one.

Hope you're feeling better?

I was only thinking this the other day- if we get our boy this time, baby number two can be a surprise because we would be happy with either! We have a boy's name picked and we are both so drawn to boy stuff so we definitely need preparation time!

Thanks, I am feeling much better. Ear infection gone and am on my last pessary for thrush tonight. I was so itchy and uncomfortable with the thrush the other night that I was so close to ringing the Rotunda and seeing if they could treat it :o It was near midnight and I just couldn't sleep. I just wanted to scratch myself raw. I had used all the Canesten cream and most of the natural remedies the internet had to offer but nothing worked! Prescribed creams and pessaries from the GP worked a treat.

Jinxed myself re: heartburn, it's back with a vengeance. Finding it so hard staying off processed bread and milk, eggs and bacon for breakfast gets dull fast!

• Advertisement

I'd find it very hard to live without bread! I'm dreading heartburn, I've had it a couple of times but nothing bad yet. It was the acid reflux that killed me last time. I can feel it happening a bit already but don't have the acid coming up to my mouth yet thankfully, that was the worst part last time.

Edit: I'm dying for bacon and eggs now :D

My husband makes lovely bread about once a fortnight and I can eat the odd bit of lovely bread in restaurants etc, just not sliced pan or anything else processed. Which is tough because I had been living on wholegrain toast and sandwiches! But it's back to not mattering what food I eat or don't eat now, as soon as I had breakfast today (yesterday's left over stew) it was back again :(

Figured I'd get a little workout done a short while ago seeing as how it's not looking likely that I'll get out for a walk at any stage today and yikes I'm knackered after it. I honestly could sleep for hours. :) After getting out of my regular exercise habit when I was nauseous and exhausted at the beginning of the pregnancy I forget sometimes that my fitness levels aren't the same. Really need to commit to greater activity or I'm going to be a blimp by the end of this! :O

I've been keeping up the walking as much as my sore knee will allow (separate issue), and have started back doing yoga. Pregnancy yoga videos are boring though, too gentle! I keep meaning to go for a swim every week but between work, tiredness from non sleeping toddler and no childcare it never happens.

Oh I hear ya on the non sleeping toddler :/ All I'm able for is walking cos I'm still too nauseous for anything else. I haven't been to the gym since I was five weeks pregnant with my first lol. Trying to get out for walks as much as I can now to try and at least counteract the terrible diet slightly

Yeah the heartburn put me off yoga for a long while! But I need to do it to help my knee and tone up in general so must commit to it now!

I've started an antenatal yoga/pilates class in the last couple of weeks and it's very enjoyable but I don't feel like I've done much of anything by the end of it. Think it's nearly more of a social outlet than anything :) Love a good sweaty resistance session when I get going though!
    There's been some safety issues in the area I live in in recent weeks so I'm only getting out for walks when I can drag my husband out with me in the evening. It'll get sorted soon hopefully!

I walk a good bit with the buggy during the day but a 2.5 stone toddler in a buggy on uneven footpaths isn't great for my knee! I keep meaning to get out alone in the evenings when my husband is home but between work and tiredness at that stage of the day it doesn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭An Bhanríon

A quick hello to all the November ladies! Having a little one already means very little time for Boards... He will only be 22 months when number two comes along. We are bracing ourselves for absolute chaos and hoping at the same time that our toddler (and his parents) will just take it all in his stride.

Lovely (and reassuring!) to see your various stories and wishing you all a good pregnancy. And especially those having their first baby. It brings back memories...

Welcome Bhanrion! Also hoping the toddler will be ok with a new baby but she's a total mama's girl so we'll see!

Anyone looking at the snuzpod, I got it on sale on Amazon yesterday for £179 so about €200, a good bit cheaper than any of the shops here.

• Advertisement

Anyone looking at the snuzpod, I got it on sale on Amazon yesterday for £179 so about €200, a good bit cheaper than any of the shops here.

Oh very good. I am getting one and the cheapest price I have seen is €229. That was online so I don't know if it includes delivery or not. My folks are buying mine for me.

I was looking at them new and second-hand, but think we've given up on the idea now. I'm wary of big purchases after our cotbed was never used as a cot for our son! Two years later it's still a makeshift extension to our double.

I had agreed to buy a rocking crib on fb a few days ago for a great price, planning to collect it tomorrow and then the seller said her sister decided to take it, very irritating!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

I was looking at them new and second-hand, but think we've given up on the idea now. I'm wary of big purchases after our cotbed was never used as a cot for our son! Two years later it's still a makeshift extension to our double.

I had agreed to buy a rocking crib on fb a few days ago for a great price, planning to collect it tomorrow and then the seller said her sister decided to take it, very irritating!

I hated the rocking crib personally and was delighted we had only borrowed it. My first was a small baby but was waking from hitting the sides of the crib with their arms from about 8/9 weeks. I'd rather go straight to a big cot (like the Ikea €40 job) or use a cosleeper. I'm still on a search for a secondhand cosleeper too. I've seen people rave about those cocoonbaby/sleepy head things but I just can't justify the price.

We borrowed a rocking crib last time and it was fine but is being used this time, I just want it for the first 8-12 weeks before it inevitably moves into our bed which will be a long awaited huge new one.

I just need something separate to the bed for the first while because last time I had awful nightmares about my son being caught under the covers, so keeping him totally separate is probably best, and so much cheaper than the lovely cosleeper options!

We used a borrowed moses basket and then crib last time but the crib is being used by someone else now so that's how I justified the snuzpod to myself! :D

I'm shattered after an awful night's sleep, so glad it's the weekend

I'm shattered after an awful night's sleep, so glad it's the weekend

I had to have a nap earlier! Finding it really hard to sleep. I propped my belly up with a pillow earlier and it seemed to work. I have a big belly anyway but with the heaviness, sleeping is just awkward.

I'm constantly exhausted and don't know if it's the toddler, baby or work to blame! Keep collapsing into bed early and then waking just as tired the next morning. (I think it's the toddler really, he wakes a million times a night).

20 week hospital appt on Monday to check my blood pressure. Not sure if I'm getting a scan or what, we'll probably be booking a private anamoly scan the following week.

Oh god he's still waking that often? Ours sleeps relatively ok once she's in our bed, won't sleep otherwise. She used to wake every 30-60 minutes until I night weaned, I thought I'd die. I've been waking during the night and not being able to get back asleep for hours, it's so frustrating. I'm a bad sleeper anyway but last time I actually found I slept better when pregnant! Hopefully that kicks in again.

Have a hospital appt monday too, for the anomaly scan, looking forward to it.

Yeah he wakes at least 3-4 times and is a very restless sleeper. Some nights he wakes up to 8-10 times, I was gutted when night weaning made no difference! He sleeps with us as he just wakes and wails for 30+ mins if we are not there, despite my mil's protestations that he should be in his own room!

• Advertisement

Ours starts the night in her own room but she might last an hour, sometimes up to three if you're lucky before she wakes and bawls for our bed. She wakes a couple of times a night still but thankfully night weaning made a huge difference. I think I'd have lost my mind completely by now otherwise. I was going into work last year on 2/3 hours sleep a night a lot of the time. I'm hoping and praying that the next one's not such a bad sleeper!

Advertisement