Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EFL Cup Final : Manchester United vs Southampton 26/02 Sky Sports 1 @ 16:30

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Last trophy I believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Last trophy I believe

Hard to believe as it was their year for the last 4 years....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Can utd fans not just enjoy the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

niallo27 wrote: »

It's just a bit of banter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Oh we are

And the bitterness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Off course they can, I don't know why opposing fans don't just stop posting. If Liverpool or City win a trophy the last place id wanna be is a match thread or there super thread. Posting the same **** in both trying to bait people will get a much derided and well earned response

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

We most certainly are. The extra bit of crying from utterly BTFO Liverpool fans is just a little icing on our big beautiful cake. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The winning feeling is great, in whatever sport whoever one supports, it never changes.

Zlatan has been phenomenal. A real legend of the game.
    Jose is what United had been crying out for since Fergie retired.

The win today for United was so important, it has kept the positive feeling in the team, the good results, fighting back when it went 2-2, the winning feeling is so important, and that is why Zlatan is such a legend, a born winner, like the manager, and transferring it to United.
    It will be interesting to see where United go from here for the rest of the season, now they have a trophy.
    The thing about a final is you are there to win them and it has United fans feeling good tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Thankfully the neutrals who were gracious are ones who at least being thanked.

But to others. Kerp it coming. Its Monday tomorrow and few laughs before bedtime is worth it.

We'd one of your United lads posting in the Liverpool thread five minutes after full time too, eejits aren't exclusive to a certain club. Don't let it get to you and celebrate your win.

Surely that is a minority case though compared to the shítfest which this thread has been long thrown into? Full agreement with you that clowns bear crests of all colours and creeds, but this thread has been an interesting case study of 'People who live in glass houses should not throw stones'.

A lot of fans hate United, a lot hate Mourinho. Even more so when the two are winning. The intersection of these two sets is a large and vocal one.

Many of them are just jibes and a bit of tribalism on the internet, no harm, we all do it. It's clear though that beyond that, a few non-United fans are raging beyond the general quips and jibes. I'm not saying that in a "Haha, I will salt my dinner with their tears" sort of way, I'm more bewildered by some of it. For example, the only Liverpool victory which remotely devastates me is when it's one against United. Same for Arsenal, City, Chelsea.

And yes, I'm just waiting on a taxi to go out and celebrate the win rather than celebrate it here reveling in some ABU misery. Never mind the EFL, it was a great month in general for United and that's what I'll tip the few drinks to tonight, and leave the salt for the chips when I get home ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

This is the greatest thread ever!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Thankfully the neutrals who were gracious are ones who at least being thanked.

But to others. Kerp it coming. Its Monday tomorrow and few laughs before bedtime is worth it.
    The bitterness/hatred between you lot and the Liverpool fans on here does contribute to some of the more ludicrous posts on here. I wanted you to lose (obviously!) and I won't try to deny that I'm disappointed with the result. However; you won, and there's fcuk all I can do about it. Enjoy the win; triumphs at Wembley are to be savoured, deserved or not!
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Best team won.

Nah.

Southampton were the better side and had a goal disallowed...

But, couple of the Southampton players left the foot in and Romeau could have easily been sent off.

Extra time would have been fair but nonetheless I'm delighted we won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Nalz wrote: »
    Nah.

But, couple of the Southampton players left the foot in and Romeau could have easily been sent off.

Nah bull****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Yoshida MoM for me (as a united fan), they had us on the rails and we were lucky to avoid extra time. Zlat the difference between the two sides yet again, wish we had him 10 years ago!

murpho999 wrote: »
    Thread has gone very quiet.

;)

murpho999 wrote: »
    But I thought he loved Wembley?

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Nah.

As could Lingard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

martyos121 wrote: »
    You'd think United fans would shut about Liverpool for once, but even when they're in a cup final against a team on the other end of the country, they still just cannot resist.

It's flattering, it really is. :)

Almost as flattering as the number of Liverpool fans lurking the thread in hope of an upset that were around to thank that post! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Thankfully both didn't, a great game for both sets of fans had and even the neutral.

Words from the great, United teams don't know how to make games easy for the fans.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Nah bull****

You think we were better than Southampton today and that they didn't deserve extra time??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

M!Ck^ wrote: »

No but the rest of the squad cost over £600 million haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

You think we were better than Southampton today and that they didn't deserve extra time??

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,584 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Nobody cares.

Scrap the cap!

Nobody cares.

Love it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Are there highlights on anywhere tonight?

Van.Bosch wrote: »

MOTD or maybe a league cup special from the BBC.

• Advertisement

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Yes.

Even Mourinho disagrees there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,584 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Van.Bosch wrote: »

Yeah, Channel 5 at 8.15...

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Silverware is what it's all about. Obviously some rank higher than others but any trophy is better than no trophy.

Can I just say a big thank you to the Liverpool fans though. I've only just read this thread and the winning feeling was already wearing off when I started tucking into it but you guys... you guys brought it all flooding back.
    Ye played an absolute, full on bitter, 100% salty blinder.
    So thanks again, you did not let me down, each and every one of you.

Sure maybe next year will be the year lads

veZXc7gl.jpg

:)

VHDWZish.jpg

A nothing player bill ;)

Silverware is what it's all about. Obviously some rank higher than others but any trophy is better than no trophy.

Can I just say a big thank you to the Liverpool fans though. I've only just read this thread and the winning feeling was already wearing off when I started tucking into it but you guys... you guys brought it all flooding back.
    Ye played an absolute, full on bitter, 100% salty blinder.
    So thanks again, you did not let me down, each and every one of you.

Love this post!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Zlatan didn't receive the cup; the cup received Zlatan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The benefits of being a big club in the modern era. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

UNited-fan-bio-e1488011426616.jpg

Not any more moddafookers!!:pac::pac:

Il tell you what utd or not when ibra hangs up his boots only then will he be appreciated by the gang of bitters
    A world class player that does not get the credit he deserves IMO
    Incredible the amount of games, assists and goals utd have got out of this guy without injury
    Age is just a number, as a utd fan it's such a joy watching this athlete dominate
    This type of player will not be witnessed again in a very long time IMO

Qi5GGoW.jpg

Never forget

Glory glory man utd, glory glory man utd, glory glory man utd as Dustin keeps marching on on on!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

<3 M!CK^ :D

<3 M!CK^ :D

He forgot to mention "More trophies in the last 10 months than them in the last 10 years, even with United at their lowest point in decades." :pac:

stankratz wrote: »
    He forgot to mention "More trophies in the last 10 months than them in the last 10 years, even with United at their lowest point in decades." :pac:

Love it! You mean they didn't get any trophy when they won the league at the beginning of the season?! :eek: surely that needs investigating :D

I'm sure they never wanted to win the FA Cup, Charity Shield or League Cup anyway :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Great to see the Southampton players have that aspect of snatching defeat from the jaws off victory
    It'll suit them well when they make the step back to joining Liverpool.

Love it! You mean they didn't get any trophy when they won the league at the beginning of the season?! :eek: surely that needs investigating :D

I'm sure they never wanted to win the FA Cup, Charity Shield or League Cup anyway :p

It's February
    Isn't the party line
    It's all about building for next season ...
    next year is their year

brinty wrote: »
    It's February
    Isn't the party line
    It's all about building for next season ...
    next year is their year

Ah sure leave them off to stew in salty bitterness. At least we have on trophy down along with the Charity Shield, still on with a shout for 2 more :D

Any trophy is better than nothing at all, we can all agree and enjoy it until the next game... Onwards and upwards :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Plenty of fans on both sides letting themselves down here.

Utd were lucky but got it done when it came down to it. Ibra once again doing the business. Appreciate the posts from other fans that are genuine, they aren't unnoticed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Infairness I think they might be a few drunken heads this morning.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Infairness I think they might be a few drunken heads this morning.

Shut up Jayo
    You're drunk

blueser wrote: »
    As could Lingard.

True. He should have went, but had he both his yellows were alot tamer than a good few tackles from Southampton players.

I still think Southampton deserved extra time at least. Credit to United for scoring 3 while playing poorly and looking very very tired. Southampton didn't concede all tournament until yesterday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement