Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EFL Cup Final : Manchester United vs Southampton 26/02 Sky Sports 1 @ 16:30

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

42 domestic English trophies, 42 domestic English trophies, Man United

Rolls right off the tongue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Having won a nothing cup that many of your fellow supporters think it is. How the mighty have fallen.

It isn't a "nothing" cup though. It's a major trophy, albeit the least important for most clubs. However winning yesterday has other importance for United. The manager now has cup win only a few months into the job. It's an intelligent move. Look at Klopp and the pressure that he will be under if he doesnt start delivering trophies soon. Add to that his record of losing cup finals, I've sure he'd have jumped at the opportunity to be in Mourinho's position yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Anyone know Mourinhos record in cup finals? Must be decent enough.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Anyone know Mourinhos record in cup finals? Must be decent enough.

Without the help of auld google I think he's won 11 of 13
    Open to correction

On another note: I also want my hangover to be part of this threads history
    Would read again

mimhwf5ki89q35hzqefp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Without the help of auld google I think he's won 11 of 13
    Open to correction

[/IMG]

I'd have said less considering his reign at Madrid? Total guess tho.

Very impressive record if that's correct.

Good final for the neutral all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

I'd have said less considering his reign at Madrid? Total guess tho.

Very impressive record if that's correct.

Good final for the neutral all the same.

Seems to be correct

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15115/10769111/jose-mourinhos-impressive-cup-final-record

11 from 13 since 2003

Actually according to that article he's never lost a final in 90 mins and those stats don't include charity shield or super cup. Very impressive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Mourinho was complaining about luck earlier in the season well he certaintly had it yesterday but it can often be the most important factor in a final.
    I thought Southampton were the better team.

Ibrahimovic has been a great signing & his overall career is a bit underated probably because he didn't win a CL.
    Pogba had some good moments but again showed he isn't yet one of the best CM's in the world despite they hype. Still only 23 so he as time to improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Southampton deserved at least ectra time, but from United point of view thankfully it did not.

The Southampton fans were a credit to their club too. Tremendous throughout.

Southampton deserved at least ectra time, but from United point of view thankfully it did not.

The Southampton fans were a credit to their club too. Tremendous throughout.

The difference between a 3 day prep and 2 weeks prep certainly showed.
    I think Southampton could have won it had the match gone to extra time.
    Utd looked tired towards the end of the match.
    But when you have a born winner in the side like Zlatan he can make up for a poor performance.
    Smalling was suspect at the back yesterday and I don't like Rojo as a left back either.
    He has proven to be a better CB then LB, pair him up with Baily or Jones
    And if we can actually get Shaw up and firing again it will make for a much better back four.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Funny I actually think they looked more tired than us for the last ten. We were worse through the game but we seemed to stay at a steady level while they dipped late on.

Had it gone to ET I think we'd still have won.

Jayop wrote: »
    Funny I actually think they looked more tired than us for the last ten. We were worse through the game but we seemed to stay at a steady level while they dipped late on.

Had it gone to ET I think we'd still have won.

Maybe you are right in the sense that we pushed for the winner but that in effect could have been the players squeezing the last ounce of effort out to avoid extra time.
    Just a hunch more so than anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Nalz wrote: »
    2-2

4-2 AET to Southampton

Could have been this, thank God I was wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

MD1990 wrote: »
    Ibrahimovic has been a great signing & his overall career is a bit underated probably because he didn't win a CL.

That's not why.

It's no more complicated than he didn't play in England until now, therefore people on this side of Europe were kind of dismissive of his achievements.

The CL thing is meaningless IMO when you've won 32 trophies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

SlickRic wrote: »
    That's not why.

It's no more complicated than he didn't play in England until now, therefore people on this side of Europe were kind of dismissive of his achievements.

But then people would dismiss Messi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I've always been a big fan of Ibra and I'm delighted to see him win his first trophy in England. There were a lot of good performances from both sides and the one thing that I'd say afterwards is that United still have that week belly in midfield and they need to get it sorted or they won't make the top four. They might make Europe anyways because there aren't too many teams in the Europa league who can beat them imo.

I just read this thread now myself and there certainly was a lot of saltiness from Liverpool fans but in the aftermath the response from a lot of United posters was just as salty. Too chicken to do it during the game but full of bravado after the trophy has been wonl and at a time where they should al be smiling and just happy about winning a trophy. It's just so childish too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

eagle eye wrote: »
    I've always been a big fan of Ibra and I'm delighted to see him win his first trophy in England. There were a lot of good performances from both sides and the one thing that I'd say afterwards is that United still have that week belly in midfield and they need to get it sorted or they won't make the top four. They might make Europe anyways because there aren't too many teams in the Europa league who can beat them imo.

I just read this thread now myself and there certainly was a lot of saltiness from Liverpool fans but in the aftermath the response from a lot of United posters was just as salty. Too chicken to do it during the game but full of bravado after the trophy has been wonl and at a time where they should al be smiling and just happy about winning a trophy. It's just so childish too.

It's all a bit of craic. I don't post during games. I used to do it and found the match went by without even taking half of it in.

If lads are going to dish it out then they have to be prepared to take it back. It works both ways and it's always been like that. Nothing new there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

eagle eye wrote: »
    too chicken to do it during the game but full of bravado after the trophy has been won

Ah here! You're chicken if you don't post in a positive fashion or with confidence. Some of the posts back and forth are childish but so is that mindset. It's like being back in school.

Advertisement