Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basketball (Men's amateur) weekly game Limerick

• 25-02-2017 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all

I was thinking of arranging a weekly men's amateur basketball game in Limerick in the delta dome (near Harvey Norman) on a sat or sun.

I haven't played since secondary school now 30. Looking to improve fitness.

Any one interested send us a message with day and time that they would prefer.

Need to confirm cost of court with delta. Somewhere between 30 and 50 euro.

I will use a app called teamer to arrange the matches.

Any questions just give me a shout.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Strikeback wrote: »
    Hi all

I was thinking of arranging a weekly men's amateur basketball game in Limerick in the delta dome (near Harvey Norman) on a sat or sun.

I'd be more interested if it was a midweek game. Grove Island have a decent enough court as well if you're not fixed on location...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Strikeback

JohnDozer wrote: »
    I'd be more interested if it was a midweek game. Grove Island have a decent enough court as well if you're not fixed on location...

Thank you for the information. Grove Island works and midweek. Just need another 8 to 10 to join up. Ensure there is backup for missing people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Thank you for the information. Grove Island works and midweek. Just need another 8 to 10 to join up. Ensure there is backup for missing people.

I'd be interested too. Played many moons ago (I'm 38 now) in St Clements. Wouldn't even have been much good back then, but it'd be nice to keep fit and meet a few new faces. I mostly play indoor soccer to keep the weight off. Be nice to blow off the cobwebs. Might know One or two more...

I'll keep an eye on this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Strikeback

The more people the better. 8 would probably do to start off. Hopefully we will get same. Then we can decide on the time and venue. I play indoor soccer myself. Looking at other ways to loose weight rather than going to the gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Sounds like we are similar enough . I'm 38 too, play indoor soccer once a week and run a good bit. Find the soccer a bit severe when I'm trying to mind myself injury wise for running. Played basketball in secondary school and very little since but wouldn't mind getting to know the game again... always enjoyed it. Hope this takes off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

I'd be interested aswell. Used to play in secondary but been over a decade since. Mid week would be ideal for me but if it ends up being the weekend I should be able to make every second one

I don't suppose anyone is still interested in getting this off the ground?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,056 ✭✭✭893bet

What day or time?

I suppose it depends on the general times people want. I would be thinking of a weeknight if there is interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paulmee

I would be interested, midweek preferably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Id be interested depending on what night.

Based on preferences expressed so far in the thread I think mid week is the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Wednesday would suit me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SJS23

Hi all

Hi there, we play basketball on Thursdays in UL Sport arena from 8 till 9pm. Everyone's welcome, send me a pm for info

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Removed mobile number. Send pm to poster for info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I'd be interested, for a mid week game that's not Wednesday!

Haven't played since primary school but it's something I've always wanted to have a go at for fitness/enjoyment.

Advertisement