Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan leaf milage

• 25-02-2017 11:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at two Nissan Leafs. Both the same age, same model, similar miles, both have all 12 cells. But the dash on one shows 100% charge and 64 miles, while the other says 65% charge and 48 miles.

How can this be if both have 12 cells ?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

What year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Smoggy wrote: »
    I'm looking at two Nissan Leafs. Both the same age, same model, similar miles, both have all 12 cells. But the dash on one shows 100% charge and 64 miles, while the other says 65% charge and 48 miles.

How can this be if both have 12 cells ?

Thats just the GOM being a gom!

It bases its predicted range on how the last few miles were driven.

If these have recently been test driven they may have been driven hard for the last few miles and thus giving different ranges.

Put it another way... two cars with the same battery health and charge both cars to 100% and you wont get the same range on the GOM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

kceire wrote: »
    What year?

2014 visia

KCross wrote: »
    Thats just the GOM being a gom!

It bases its predicted range on how the last few miles were driven.

If these have recently been test driven they may have been driven hard for the last few miles and thus giving different ranges.

Put it another way... two cars with the same battery health and charge both cars to 100% and you wont get the same range on the GOM

OK, that's good news. I thought it might have been a reflection upon the battery quality. Thanks for the info.

OK, that's good news. I thought it might have been a reflection upon the battery quality. Thanks for the info.

I suppose to be fair it could also be battery degradation but less likely.

Are the cars in Ireland or UK? Can you get a Leafspy readout on them. That will answer it for definite.

• Advertisement

KCross wrote: »
    I suppose to be fair it could also be battery degradation but less likely.

Are the cars in Ireland or UK? Can you get a Leafspy readout on them. That will answer it for definite.

UK, could the garage provide that data?

UK, could the garage provide that data?

It's unlikely they have leafspy but you can ask

If it's a Nissan dealer you can get a battery report which doesn't give the same detail as leafspy.

Advertisement