Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealz Tullamore

Options
  • 25-02-2017 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

It's great to see new businesses opening up on Main Street in Tullamore. Petworld seems to be doing well and a new barbers moved onto the street last week. I see there's some activity in the building where Xtravision used to be. Does anyone know what shop is moving in? I caught a glimpse inside the building yesterday and it kind of looked like a pound shop. I've heard rumours for the past few months that Dealz were coming to Tullamore. Can anyone confirm this rumour?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭240 Robert

Where on main street are the credit union intending on opening a branch ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 amolol

240 Robert wrote: »

Millennium house, any idea when it's opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭cgcsb

The new barbers looks like quite the cool spot. One of the barbers had blue hair, ya don't see that kinda thing very often in Tullamore :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭medoc

It's great to see new business opening on Main Street. It had gotten very run down lately. When the council build the pedestrian link from the Bridge Centre across the river it might help spur a bit more activity. And also make the multi-storey car park a viable option.

On a different point I think the name of the street should be changed. It's not the "main" street of the town. I know that was the name Texas Tom decided to use when he developed it, but it doesn't fit right in the town.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

240 Robert wrote: »

There not opening a new branch on Main street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭240 Robert

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Tullamore Tribune thursday 3rd november 2016 "Offaly County Council has given the green light to 
    Tullamore Credit Union to open a second Banking Hall on Main Street Tullamore".
    Unless they have changed their mind since that announcement.

They've applied for and gotten permission to convert the building that contained the Adam & Eve shop. I think they bought the building too. I hadn't heard that their plans to open a second office in town had changed. Any idea what changed?

It's for additional office space / meeting rooms as far as I know. Don't think it's a branch like Patrick street.

It's for additional office space / meeting rooms as far as I know. Don't think it's a branch like Patrick street.

Ah that's makes more sense I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 amolol

To follow up, the new shop is not Dealz. It is a pound shop though. They are looking for staff at the moment.

• Advertisement

Still good to see a vacant unit opening up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Egan2012

amolol wrote: »
    It's great to see new businesses opening up on Main Street in Tullamore. Petworld seems to be doing well and a new barbers moved onto the street last week. I see there's some activity in the building where Xtravision used to be. Does anyone know what shop is moving in? I caught a glimpse inside the building yesterday and it kind of looked like a pound shop. I've heard rumours for the past few months that Dealz were coming to Tullamore. Can anyone confirm this rumour?

I was in there today , it's similar to dealz but not as good. It's another standard pound shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Egan2012

I'm under the understanding it's in the old Adam and Eve shop. This is why they have trained all the new tellers in the last few months.

Yes, in the old Adam & Eve shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Just on the "Dealz" rumour, i had a courier ask me where dealz was in Tullamore. I told he there was none and he told me he had a delivery for them...:confused: this was about two weeks ago. Is there another shop on mainstreet showing signs of construction?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,058 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Just on the "Dealz" rumour, i had a courier ask me where dealz was in Tullamore. I told he there was none and he told me he had a delivery for them...:confused: this was about two weeks ago. Is there another shop on mainstreet showing signs of construction?

Maybe he was meant to be going to the one in Portlaise lol. You could have sent him to the new pound shop maybe they said they were like Dealz or were so they could get supplies cheaper.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

AMKC wrote: »
    Maybe he was meant to be going to the one in Portlaise lol. You could have sent him to the new pound shop maybe they said they were like Dealz or were so they could get supplies cheaper.

No he had an address, I just sent him to the general area

Advertisement