Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning a phone to retailer for refund

Options
  • 25-02-2017 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

I'm on my third phone from a retailer in Ireland.. First two had issues and got it replaced but now my third one has a display problem. Am I entitled to get a refund instead of another replacement? I don't want a 4th one and the other phones they stock don't interest me .

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

i think you're entitled to a refund now alright. Having said that you must be the unluckiest iphone user ever to have 3 phones faulty in a row.

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/faulty-goods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Were they all the same problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

A display issue they'll want to check it out especially if it looks like a broken screen or the issue could have been caused by you in anyway. Was the screen faulty since new?

I think the fact your even asking the question means you might have done something.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I'm on my third phone from a retailer in Ireland.. First two had issues and got it replaced but now my third one has a display problem. Am I entitled to get a refund instead of another replacement? I don't want a 4th one and the other phones they stock don't interest me .

Cheers

Yep, although you may or may not find the retailer co-operative. You may have to use the small claims procedure which is €25.

Advertisement