Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

First!

wOOt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Second and where we will finish this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Third and where we'll finish this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Fourth, where Arsenal will finish this season....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

NukaCola wrote: »
    Fourth, where Arsenal will finish this season....

Close the thread! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Hey Hefferboi, don't leave on my account, this will be my only post in this thread, I look forward to an on topic thread with lots of Liverpool talk and everyone gathered round the camp fire singing Kumbaya, all safe in the knowledge that I won't be ruining the thread.

Contrary to popular belief I will look forward to reading posts from some posters, ye're not all Wayne Kerrs!

Rebel, Knex, OwaynOTT, Harry, Augeo, 5Star, BorneToby, 8-10, NukaCola off the top of my head I'm sure there are others, all good contributors imo.

Sakho starts for Palace, Markovic dropped by Hull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

that fresh thread smell mmmm,wonder how long it will last :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Welcome back football. You were sorely missed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Some rumors floating around the fantasy football thread about Mané possibly being injured??

Haven't seen anything myself so hopefully not true...we're a different team with him on the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Some rumors floating around the fantasy football thread about Mané possibly being injured??

Haven't seen anything myself so hopefully not true...we're a different team with him on the pitch

This is the last tweet from Pearce, He's a fairly reliable source on team news.

Nothing about any injury.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/835459274369269761

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Feels forever since we have played.

Our Year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd love to see Sakho do well but then that could save Big Sam from being relegated so as much as I love Sakho I hope he scores a hat-trick of own goals in every game he plays in.

Of course against Spurs, Arsenal, City, utd and Chelsea I hope he scores a hat-trick for Palace.

Sh1t Palace could have a big part to play yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Strange, I thought Marko was playing well for Hull City Tigers.

And what exactly was Sakho shipped off for? I'd rather him than Lucas as back up CB or even as a starter.

New thread, new me. Football football FOOTBALL!

Hey Hefferboi, don't leave on my account, this will be my only post in this thread, I look forward to an on topic thread with lots of Liverpool talk and everyone gathered round the camp fire singing Kumbaya, all safe in the knowledge that I won't be ruining the thread.

Contrary to popular belief I will look forward to reading posts from some posters, ye're not all Wayne Kerrs!

Rebel, Knex, OwaynOTT, Harry, Augeo, 5Star, BorneToby, 8-10, NukaCola off the top of my head I'm sure there are others, all good contributors imo.

Am I seen as a sensible poster now?

I'm surprised, it's not so long since ye thought I was on drugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Anyone have an eye on the Palace match. Would love to know how Sakho got on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I heard this was a good thread to procure drugs in. Rumours of football talk too. PM me.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I heard this was a good thread to procure drugs in. Rumours of football talk too. PM me.

Only drug here is life and cake.

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »

And what exactly was Sakho shipped off for? I'd rather him than Lucas as back up CB or even as a starter.

I reckon he felt hard done by in relation to the fat burner stuff, not by LFC but by FIFA .... missed international tournament & EL final.

Probably head was in wrong place, injured than but brought on per season tour anyway iirc. Probably a total pest in klopp s view. He was problematic under Rodgers too.

More hassle than he was worth essentially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Sakho would definitely be a great option now but he's also not good enough to have to deal with off the pitch it seems. It'd be different if he was a Thiago Silva with attitude problems, but a just good player causing issues may not be worth it.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I can't see Sakho getting another chance at Liverpool, but who knows I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

5starpool wrote: »
    I can't see Sakho getting another chance at Liverpool, but who knows I guess.

It seems like it would take a sackcloth and ashes type display of humility and contrition from Sakho, at the very least, for a second chance. That seems like a long shot, given a few bits and pieces we've seen from him on social media, and then there was an appearance on French telly a while back when he came across as less than chastened by his run-in with Klopp.

Everton are only 5 pts behind us now, we have the game against Leicester in hand though of course.

I'm surprised they are that close to us ........... they are the 6th highest scorers in the PL & 4th best defence if you look at goals conceded only.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Augeo wrote: »
    Everton are only 5 pts behind us now, we have the game against Leicester in hand though of course.

I'm surprised they are that close to us ........... they are the 6th highest scorers in the PL & 4th best defence if you look at goals conceded only.

They have had a great run of fixtures that are about to come to an end though. Spurs, Liverpool , utd and arsenal away and chelsea at home all to come.

Indeed, they are 21 pts last 10 games I think .......... they've put away a lot of poor teams handy enough. Got 3 pts off Arsenal & Man City too though.

They had a great start, and unbeaten in the last 9. Their run in the middle was awful though, but they have been playing well lately. Gueye has been a very good addition to the this season.

Glad to see the back of that old thread. This one looking better already.

Another 2 days ago until a game though,****! Chelsea look all but champions now. The should win at a canter

• Advertisement

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    ...........Chelsea look all but champions now. The should win at a canter

Boylesports, PaddyPower & possibly more have already paid out on them as winners as of a few weeks ago.

Augeo wrote: »
    Boylesports, PaddyPower & possibly more have already paid out on them as winners as of a few weeks ago.

Best defence bar Spurs and best attack (just). No proper challengers either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

key1-a.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9sFd3Ennhs

It's been too long ago since I heard this anthem being sung. To paraphrase an earlier post here we should all gather around and sing it. But instead of the campfire, we gather around Anfield, the TV or the laptop. It will still be another 32 hours to wait before I hear it sung before our next match! But sing it I will!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

key1-a.gif

Maybe it's just me but WTF?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Maybe it's just me but WTF?

I'm with you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

First!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Knex. wrote: »
    First!

Bloody hell,you've got a lot of posters on ignore.

Anyone know anything about Maxwel Cornet? Rumour has it we're "monitoring" him which usually translates as "we're watching him and will make an insultingly low bid for him that will be refused and he'll join someone else and be great".

Bloody hell,you've got a lot of posters on ignore.

Anyone know anything about Maxwel Cornet? Rumour has it we're "monitoring" him which usually translates as "we're watching him and will make an insultingly low bid for him that will be refused and he'll join someone else and be great".

I heard he is a bit of a blow-hard. Be just typical if Liverpool sign the wrong Olympique striker.

Anyone know anything about Maxwel Cornet?
    He better wear number 99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

He better wear number 99.

I scream every time I see us linked with him.

That joke does not work - Corneto is the ice-cream name, not Cornet which is a musical instrument and part of the brass family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

That joke does not work - Corneto is the ice-cream name, not Cornet which is a musical instrument and part of the brass family.

Hark at him - blowing his own trumpet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

More a reference to Maxwell Smart and Agent 99?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Agent 99

Fair enough - well not really Get Smart was just terrible! :p

ahem

6f509713823f3a7116a21850ada37297.png

Admittedly I've only heard the term cornet used by the likes of my grandparents and other elderly, but that only makes me more surprised you've never heard of it.

fyfe79 wrote: »
    More a reference to Maxwell Smart and Agent 99?

nope, it was an ice cream joke :D

nope, it was an ice cream joke :D

well it's caused a split now

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    well it's caused a split now

Super.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement