Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

LiamoSail wrote: »
    That might be true at a normal club, not at Liverpool though.

Liverpool are stupid with money and you can guarantee that notwithstanding the occasional exception, most funds will be wasted.

For that reason I'd rather any top target, irrespective of price, be signed. Granted it means less to spend on what's left, but given the clubs success in the market, I'd rather one definite and one potential signing over two average signings, as is usually the case

I guess this is the crux of my issue with VVD for that money... i'm just not convinced that even spending 50m on him gets us a definite fix for CB. It feels like just as much of a gamble as Lovren was, for almost twice the money. I couldn't confidently say if we got VVD that we'd concede 10 less goals next season, all other things being equal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Mascherano has FINALLY scored his first goal for Barcelona after they let him take a penalty to go 6-1 up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

corwill wrote: »
    If you think that my above posts were 'bitching', then good luck to you.

If you think the following is not bitching then good luck to you sir. " ****ing blue in the face with not picking these guys up before every other club under the sun spots them." (In case you don't recognise it, this is you speaking)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

b08777fb056af24d7b80265724274ceb_good-day-sir-i-said-good-day-sir-meme_625-468.jpeg

Very interesting to see how Sakho gets on now against a very good Tottenham team.

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Very interesting to see how Sakho gets on now against a very good Tottenham team.

Actually, be quite interesting to see how their cast-off Liverpool CB pairing does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Sakho bossing Kane so far

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Actually, be quite interesting to see how their cast-off Liverpool CB pairing does.

And, of course, the striker we gave short shrift (without actually replacing him).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Palace have beaten Chelsea, Arsenal and us in their last 5 games.

Spurs tonight with City and Utd to come they will play a huge part in who gets top 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Spurs tonight with City and Utd to come they will play a huge part in who gets top 4.

Yuup and even though they are safe big sam is the type who relishes beating the big boys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭chicorytip

J Mysterio wrote:
    I saw Matip do one or two of those slide tackles you mention in our last game. The one we lost to Palace. Sakho's slide tackling is second to none.

Highlighting particular strenghts and weaknesses of individuals is a bit pointless. It's the coaching which needs improving. Discipline and concentration, rather than skill, are the key ingredients of good defensive play.

chicorytip wrote: »
    Highlighting particular strenghts and weaknesses of individuals is a bit pointless. It's the coaching which needs improving. Discipline and concentration, rather than skill, are the key ingredients of good defensive play.

I agree Sakho needs coaching. I wonder did Klopp afford him the opportunity of a real heart to heart and give him a real chance. Klopp could do wonders with him if he can give him a second chance.

ricero wrote: »
    Yuup and even though they are safe big sam is the type who relishes beating the big boys

But with him being one of Alex's minions and going to utd in the last game of the season I could see him rolling over as a favour to Alex if they needed that win.

Then again he doesn't like Jose so that could also work in our favour.

Lets hope it gets back in our own hands before that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

In all fairness, some job by Fat Sam, all credit to... uh... sorry...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

It's like palace have found third gear lately. Playing some nice football.

And i hate saying that because Steve Parish is a knob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool have a player called Fidel O'Rourke! and a midfielder called Luis Longstaff, not to mention Edvard Sandvik Tagseth no relation to Sandy ;) and Elijah Dixon-Bonner.

Liverpool have a player called Fidel O'Rourke! and a midfielder called Luis Longstaff, not to mention Edvard Sandvik Tagseth no relation to Sandy ;) and Elijah Dixon-Bonner.

Isn't he supposed to be the next real deal wonderkid the real new Messi?

Also with those surnames most of these kids would fit in on Game of Thrones.

Luis Longstaff is just an amazing name. God bless that kid.

Jasus just seen that video of john terrys mother !

Luis Longstaff is just an amazing name. God bless that kid.

Really hope he makes it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Isn't he supposed to be the next real deal wonderkid the real new Messi?

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2016/06/30/lfc-have-signed-greatest-talent-of-modern-era-says-norwegian-head-of-development/

He's bloody tiny - even for a 15 year old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Really hope he makes it!

He's certainly on the rise already.

Just need to give him some of those Barca vitamins to help him grow :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

martyos121 wrote: »
    He's certainly on the rise already.

He's a Pole, isn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Those are characters from a Tolkien novel Harry.

mosstin wrote: »
    He's a Pole, isn't he?

Yeah but not one of those crooked ones. He's an upstanding lad and a solid member of the academy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

You're arguing that just because he did one thing really well, he didn't do another thing at all. He did both. One of his best attributes for us was stepping between the lines and intercepting passes.

When I think of Sakho, what I actually think of is him surging in front of an attacker who's about to receive the ball, getting to it before them, and playing a laser straight pass into an attacking midfielder.

Don't get me wrong, I love Sakho, I really do, but I can see why Klopp says he is not suited to how we play. It's pretty much exactly what you are saying, he is great on the front foot, but on the back foot is where he is weaker.
    I saw Matip do one or two of those slide tackles you mention in our last game. The one we lost to Palace. Sakho's slide tackling is second to none.

I'm not by any means saying that Matip doesn't make those type of challenges, but they are far less frequent than Sakho as Matip has better positional sense on the back foot when the ball is played through or over.

If you think back to Skrtyl, that chap was constantly making those challenges through his career with us, way more than Sakho. I also see that Sakho is very effective at them as well, but if we are playing a higher line as Klopp wants us to, he will be doing it far to regularly which adds another dimension of risk to the back line.

Looks a bad injury to Sakho.

Nasty injury for sakho. Looks bad stretcher out for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I love Sakho, I really do, but I can see why Klopp says he is not suited to how we play. It's pretty much exactly what you are saying, he is great on the front foot, but on the back foot is where he is weaker.

I'm not by any means saying that Matip doesn't make those type of challenges, but they are far less frequent than Sakho as Matip has better positional sense on the back foot when the ball is played through or over.

If you think back to Skrtyl, that chap was constantly making those challenges through his career with us, way more than Sakho. I also see that Sakho is very effective at them as well, but if we are playing a higher line as Klopp wants us to, he will be doing it far to regularly which adds another dimension of risk to the back line.

Sakho after doing his knee ligaments just now.... ACL I'd say.

Poor lad, what a fucķin bummer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

One of those moments where he looked pure uncoordinated. Going to be hard sell him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Sakho after doing his knee ligaments just now.... ACL I'd say.

Looked nasty alright. Had Kane in his pocket.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ah that's sh*te for Mama.

Does he come back to melwood now for treatment ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

ricero wrote: »
    Jasus just seen that video of john terrys mother !

697464.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Haven't been on here in a while.

Firstly that isn't John Terry's mother.

Secondly if we don't get top 4 we have no one to blame but ourselves and massive questions need to be asked of Klopp

Haven't been on here in a while.

Firstly that isn't John Terry's mother.

Secondly if we don't get top 4 we have no one to blame but ourselves and massive questions need to be asked of Klopp

Ah jasus stay away buzz killington

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Not Liverpool related but great game on BT Sport 3, Bayern Munich V Dortmund 3-2 to Dortmund with 10 mins to go

Dortmund took a 0-1 lead before Munich came back to went 2-1 up not 2-3 to Dortmund

We could do with a Spurs win here so that they have something to play for against United

• Advertisement

We could do with a Spurs win here so that they have something to play for against United

It will be the last game at White Hart Lane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Ffs Arsenal one up. OG from Huth.

Ffs Arsenal one up. OG from Huth.

4 games. Win them all we finish top 4. No world beaters . 2 home 2 away .

A team in our position should be winning our games .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

4 games. Win them all we finish top 4. No world beaters . 2 home 2 away .

A team in our position should be winning our games .

We won't win our 4 remaining games. We'll drop points somewhere.

So we'll need United/Arsenal to start dropping some points themselves. Hopefully starting tomorrow.

We won't win our 4 remaining games. We'll drop points somewhere.

So we'll need United/Arsenal to start dropping some points themselves. Hopefully starting tomorrow.

Well one of them will when playing each other so got to hope it is a draw

Well one of them will when playing each other so got to hope it is a draw

I actually kind of want City to win it. A draw, and both still pass us if they win their extra game in hand. Would rather city simply take the points, and Utd are left with only being able to equal our points total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I actually kind of want City to win it. A draw, and both still pass us if they win their extra game in hand. Would rather city simply take the points, and Utd are left with only being able to equal our points total.

City win for definite. They will get top 4 anyway. Their fixtures after United are handy enough.

Yep. Want a City win too. It's the result that keeps 5th spot which Utd currently happen to be in the furthest away from us.

The way the fixtures are with the teams around us playing each other we win our last 4 we finish top 4.

Possibly even top 3 . We have Watford, Southampton West Ham and Middlesboro. Sorry lads but with what's at stake and who we're playing, winning last 4 should be expected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I think he's hoping for a draw in the United/Arsenal game.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement