Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The way the fixtures are with the teams around us playing each other we win our last 4 we finish top 4.

Possibly even top 3 . We have Watford, Southampton West Ham and Middlesboro. Sorry lads but with what's at stake and who we're playing, winning last 4 should be expected

Middlesborough is the only I'm 100% confident of winning to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

The way the fixtures are with the teams around us playing each other we win our last 4 we finish top 4.

Possibly even top 3 . We have Watford, Southampton West Ham and Middlesboro. Sorry lads but with what's at stake and who we're playing, winning last 4 should be expected

Yes but last sun shows that we rarely do it the easy way. Having to bt Boro at home on last day to get champs LG is classic pool calamity potential!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Karma's a bitch

Need City to beat United tomorrow.

Spurs to beat Arsenal at the weekend.

And hopefully Watford are already on their sun loungers by next Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I think he's hoping for a draw in the United/Arsenal game.

Yep i meant the United / Arsenal game hopefully it is 1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

In our last 4 we drew with Bournmouth and lost to Palace. We really need to pick it up. A bit of bad defending and we could drop points against these teams and they'll all be parking the bus against us.
    Really hope City can do us a favour and our form picks up now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Pearce says our top targets for the summer are Van Dijk, Keita, Brandt and Sessengon..........I wonder how many we actually sign....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

NukaCola wrote: »
    Pearce says our top targets for the summer are Van Dijk, Keita, Brandt and Sessengon..........I wonder how many we actually sign....

If we got the latter 3, kept the CB's we have, and spent big on a top top quality keeper, I reckon we'd actually be better off.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Probably van Dijk just, for about 55m or so.

If Sakho did his knee ligaments we won't be sellign him, so that'll put a bit of a dent in our budget.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    Probably van Dijk just, for about 55m or so.

If Sakho did his knee ligaments we won't be sellign him, so that'll put a bit of a dent in our budget.

It would be madness then to buy one player for that price. We'd probably get the other 3 for the same price as van Dijk? Maybe a bit more.

It would be madness then to buy one player for that price. We'd probably get the other 3 for the same price as van Dijk? Maybe a bit more.

My point is that those 3 won't come to us I'd say. We'll buy others, but not any of those I'd say, certainly not all of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

We need a poacher to score poxy goals. We seem like arsenal against defensive teams in that we can only score from coutinho or tippy tappey shïte. We need more goals like firminos vs west from. Brandt adds nothing except adding to our plethora of out of position number tens

We need a poacher to score poxy goals. We seem like arsenal against defensive teams in that we can only score from coutinho or tippy tappey sh?te. We need more goals like firminos vs west from. Brandt adds nothing except adding to our plethora of out of position number tens

Would love to take the Brandt money, and the excess VVD money, and throw in a big bid for M'Bappe. I'd say 30m plus hefty add on clauses would get him. This is literally the only time in his career we have a chance at landing him, and I actually think we'd be a fairly attractive offer. He'll play a lot, under a good coach, and he can develop while still taking a step up. Really looks a special player, and improving rapidly too. Stay 4 or so years, and he could move on to a top club with more leverage.

As Ken Early keeps pointing out, he really looks a lot like Classic Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

So.. Points shared in the Manchester Derby?

Or a City a win?

Charlie19 wrote: »
    So.. Points shared in the Manchester Derby?

Or a City a win?

City all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    City all the way.

I see your logic but I'm still undecided myself.

I'm probably being too optimistic though.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I see your logic but I'm still undecided myself.

I'm probably being too optimistic though.

I think the longer CL football is in our own hands, the better. A draw immediately takes it out of our hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Would love to take the Brandt money, and the excess VVD money, and throw in a big bid for M'Bappe. I'd say 30m plus hefty add on clauses would get him. This is literally the only time in his career we have a chance at landing him, and I actually think we'd be a fairly attractive offer. He'll play a lot, under a good coach, and he can develop while still taking a step up. Really looks a special player, and improving rapidly too. Stay 4 or so years, and he could move on to a top club with more leverage.

We can dream, but I wouldn't be surprised if he went the Benzema route. Stay a year or two more, and then straight to Barca or Real.

Monaco must be a joy to play for at the moment as well. Free scoring, attacking football, and a bunch of young talented players. Pretty sure Mbappe lives at their academy as well and is a fairly grounded lad.

I can't see how Liverpool, even with CL football next year, would be a more attractive option to him than just staying put.

I'd say you'd nearly need to double your bid to have any chance. Barca and Real are already sniffing around.

I'd say you'd nearly need to double your bid to have any chance. Barca and Real are already sniffing around.

Perhaps... especially if Real don't win the league and decide on a bit of a clearout. Would love us to be in the conversation at least though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Perhaps... especially if Real don't win the league and decide on a bit of a clearout. Would love us to be in the conversation at least though.

Yeah I'd have to agree with Knex and Utopia, I think our only realistic chance of signing him has already passed unfortunately, which is quite a sobering thought really when talking about an 18 year old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Alternate pic:

KAsA1qz.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

People wanting anything other than a United win tonight is flawed thinking.

United are facing Arsenal and Spurs 3 days after the Vigo fixtures which they'll be throwing the kitchen sink at, an easier route to CL for them. They'll likely lose both those prem matches imo.

City and Arsenal are your biggest threats for top 4 so you want City dropping points tonight for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I really like it, glad they didn't go with the old school looking trident logo thing....

Rekop dog wrote: »
    City and Arsenal are your biggest threats for top 4 so you want City dropping points tonight for sure.

Arsenal have lost more games in the last 10 games than won. Are they really going to win 6/7 of their last games? I'm not sure you can say Arsenal are a bigger threat than United.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That new kit is a beauty.

Arsenal have lost more games in the last 10 games than won. Are they really going to win 6/7 of their last games? I'm not sure you can say Arsenal are a bigger threat than United.

Given the circumstances they are, and they always come good around this time of season when they need to secure 4th despite everyone doubting them.

Given the circumstances they are, and they always come good around this time of season when they need to secure 4th despite everyone doubting them.

Have Arsenal been seriously doubted for a top 4 finish recently. Only once in the last 10 years before this season they been out of the top 4 at this point.

Also Arsenal have never won 7 or 6 of their last games in any season, which they will probably need for top 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I am not one for buying jerseys anymore but i shall be purchasing the new one. Absolute beauty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

United are facing Arsenal and Spurs 3 days after the Vigo fixtures which they'll be throwing the kitchen sink at, an easier route to CL for them. They'll likely lose both those prem matches imo.

No chance. Look at City's run-in. We're considerably more likely to finish ahead of United after a City win as we would be to finish ahead of City if United win. City can afford a defeat, United can't.

Utd under Jose won't be losing to both Arsenal and Spurs IMO. They might draw both, that'd be as bad as it'll be, 2 pts from 6.

Augeo wrote: »
    Utd under Jose won't be losing to both Arsenal and Spurs IMO. They might draw both, that'd be as bad as it'll be, 2 pts from 6.

Because United under Jose have been a real dominant force haven't they? He's a pragmatist and will know their best route to Europe and will put his main focus on that.

If United do drop points tonight, which is most likely anyway, United will care even less about that Arsenal fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Jose gonna park the bus tonight. He'll take a draw and play the percentages.

Because United under Jose have been a real dominant force haven't they? He's a pragmatist and will know their best route to Europe and will put his main focus on that.

If United do drop points tonight, which is most likely anyway, United will care even less about that Arsenal fixture.

Undefeated in 23. Performances haven't been too bad in recent times really. No worse than us, anyway.

I think with United missing some big players tonight, Pogba rumoured to be out too, that they could go ultra defensive. Typical Mourinho one nil victory performance.

That would be horrendous for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Have to agree with this. There is no way that Utd lose to both Spurs and Arsenal.

Jose would love to stop Wenger from getting Top 4. Likewise I think he'd take great pleasure in being the nail in the coffin of a Spurs title march.

I think maybe they get 4pts from those 2 games - a win vs Arsenal, a draw vs Spurs.

Whatever the results of other teams we need to just win our games. If we don't beat Watford on Monday we won't make it as the heads will go as usual.

Over 2ppg in the pl after a grim start.

5starpool wrote: »
    Whatever the results of other teams we need to just win our games. If we don't beat Watford on Monday we won't make it as the heads will go as usual.

Troy Deeney is just the type of player we would allow to ruin our season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Knex. wrote: »
    Troy Deeney is just the type of player we would allow to ruin our season.

Nah, Deeney I could handle.

Etienne Capoue will give them the lead. We'll draw level before conceding a goal from a corner, with Craig Cathcart finishing it.

Everyone bombs forward - we might even get back to 2-2 - and they'll snatch a winner on the break, José Holebas sliding the ball under an onrushing Mignolet, centre-backs nowhere to be seen.

Meltdown on the forum afterwards - Klopp needs to invest, shambles after our start, only ourselves to blame, Lovren/Sakho/Skrtel/Rodgers/Houllier/Souness are at fault.

Followed by three piece of piss wins before the end of the season so that we miss out on the top 4, but with pride or something...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Bayern stil have not bought Coman outright yet & have only 3 days to take up there option to sign him.

Must be confident of getting Brandt if they are not buying Coman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Nah, Deeney I could handle.

Etienne Capoue will give them the lead. We'll draw level before conceding a goal from a corner, with Craig Cathcart finishing it.

Everyone bombs forward - we might even get back to 2-2 - and they'll snatch a winner on the break, José Holebas sliding the ball under an onrushing Mignolet, centre-backs nowhere to be seen.

Meltdown on the forum afterwards - Klopp needs to invest, shambles after our start, only ourselves to blame, Lovren/Sakho/Skrtel/Rodgers/Houllier/Souness are at fault.

Followed by three piece of piss wins before the end of the season so that we miss out on the top 4, but with pride or something...

As realistic as the prediction for the game is, 3 wins after that would still probably be enough for 4th.

Over 2ppg in the pl after a grim start.

Relative ease of fixtures can often skew how good form a team are in. United had a relatively nice middle part of the season fixture wise. They've City Arsenal and Spurs all away in the next few weeks. After Chelsea away, those are the 3 toughest assignments. They're outsiders for all those games. Had those games been spread more evenly over the season I'd seriously doubt they'd have gone as long unbeaten.

Graham Souness wrote a piece for The Player's Tribune, mainly talking about football rivalries. Good read.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/graeme-souness-soccer-rivalries/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The absolute pressure to succeed and the absolute consequences for not succeeding is not at Liverpool. The players can make the same mistakes over and over and they will be on team sheet next time out. No one is asking questions when a player lets his man go to score against us, it's an '' oh well '' .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

MD1990 wrote: »
    Bayern stil have not bought Coman outright yet & have only 3 days to take up there option to sign him.

Must be confident of getting Brandt if they are not buying Coman.

Excellent jinx, perfect execution.

https://twitter.com/FCBayernEN/status/857576333932670977

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I think we have blown 4th already if i'm honest. I think we had to beat Palace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I think we have blown 4th already if i'm honest. I think we had to beat Palace.

Nonsense we are well still in contention. Its do or die this Monday for me. A loss will destroy us. i still think 3 wins out of our last 4 games will seal top 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Douglas Costa in and Lucas out is doing the rounds at the moment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Fieldog wrote: »
    Douglas Costa in and Lucas out is doing the rounds at the moment...
    Straight swap so......:pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement