Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Does there have to be a specific number of Brazilians in the squad? :pac:

(speaking of which Allan looks like doing a second season with Hertha Berlin)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

You put your Costa in, your Lucas out. Keita in, crocks out. Shake Divock about.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Does there have to be a specific number of Brazilians in the squad? :pac:

(speaking of which Allan looks like doing a second season with Hertha Berlin)

If he plays their last 4 games now then there is something dodgy going on. They may have reduced his playing time to hold onto him next year.

That's just the conspiracy theory I have after reading the comments from the Hertha manager the other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

ElTel wrote: »
    I just highlighted a few opinions out of many that sum it up for me.

Sakho has no tact or humility.
    Sunday was an opportunity for him to do some low-key networking around the ciub whilst probably getting a few pats on the back. Wearing Palace gear for the day (I'm assuming that was against his agent's advice) shut the door on any chance of reconcillation and that's what has me livid.

I'm always amazed by the naivety of football fans in general, especially when they hold up football players as paragons of virtue and are then shocked and surprised when said players behave like mercenary over-paid prima donnas - which is what 99% of them are.

Sakho left PSG under a cloud, having played well for long periods and then deciding to act the maggott and force a way out of the club and a nice fee for agent & himself. He now has done the same by acting the moron during pre-season activity with the club, virtually forcing his own departure by being directly cheeky to the manager in front of the whole squad.

Dont hold these players up to any standards of decency and you wont be let down imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

If we get 10 points, I think we'll end up in the top four. If we get less than that, we won't and we'll only have ourselves to blame. If we fail to get over the line then, while I'll accept another season at least, I'll take it as a strong (and unfortunate) indication that Klopp isn't going to get this done.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    If he plays their last 4 games now then there is something dodgy going on. They may have reduced his playing time to hold onto him next year.

That's just the conspiracy theory I have after reading the comments from the Hertha manager the other day.

Well regardless of that, he surely was never going to meet the criteria for a permit this summer so if he plays a decent number of games next term esp if they are in Europe then no harm, probably some good in fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    If we get 10 points, I think we'll end up in the top four. If we get less than that, we won't and we'll only have ourselves to blame. If we fail to get over the line then, while I'll accept another season at least, I'll take it as a strong (and unfortunate) indication that Klopp isn't going to get this done.
    I wouldn't.

We have made the CL spot once in the last 7 years.
    Finishing 5th this season will be disappointing but it will be progress.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Well regardless of that, he surely was never going to meet the criteria for a permit this summer so if he plays a decent number of games next term esp if they are in Europe then no harm, probably some good in fact.

True, and there is also alot of competition in his position in the non first team squads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

With the way our season has gone, not getting CL next season will be disappointing.

However the real measure of progress should be our points compared to last season and we're way ahead on that front.

Klopp is year 2 into a long term project and you have to give him time.

Also, I don't think we actually need 10 points as I'm certain that Arsenal and Utd will drop points on their run in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I like the new jersey but think the crest with 2017 will look silly from next January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Am i the only one that does'nt like the new kit? The v neck looks a little odd i think, it's not terrible but we've had nicer over the last decade or so.

City i expect to finish 3rd so i want them to win tonight, Arsenal are also still a danger, if Sanchez/Ozil hit form they could easily win most of their games.

If Sakho goes in the summer what could we get for him? Presuming no ligament damage, i'd put an asking price of 30m and sell for 25m ish.

If Sakho goes in the summer what could we get for him? Presuming no ligament damage, i'd put an asking price of 30m and sell for 25m ish.

You'd imagine £20 at least, contracted for another 3 years.
    Trouble at 2 clubs you'd imagine would effect the price a bit.

Benteke went for £32ish iirc and he's more or less troublefree & strikers go for more than defenders of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Augeo wrote:
    Benteke went for £32ish iirc and he's more or less troublefree & strikers go for more than defenders of course.

Better also spent most of the season not in the team, not scoring and making everyone forget how brilliant he was for Villa.

Sakha's spell at palace should show people his worth. Strong (relatively) young defenders are in fashion in the market right now. I would hope to get close to 30 million but would be happy with 25 million for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

murpho999 wrote:
    I like the new jersey but think the crest with 2017 will look silly from next January.

I stopped buying new jerseys a few years back. Every year I get myself a new retro jersey. In fact I loved the Rome 84 top so much I bought it and also got it as a present by accident as I talked about it so much.

I'll be buying this one as I really like it. Are we releasing the away and third kit as well that was rumoured a couple of weeks ago? The green and white top?

Gerrard interview feature in guardian - stop fannying about and kick someone (okay not quite!).

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/27/steven-gerrard-showboating-academies-physical-liverpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I see douglas costa is teasing us liking posts on twitter linking him with a move to lfc. Let silly season commence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Douglas Costa is most certainly leaving Bayern in the summer anyway. He's been mentioned around here for quite a while, exactly what we need being essentially a left-sided Man?. With his current situation he should be our number one target in that position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ricero wrote: »
    I see douglas costa is teasing us liking posts on twitter linking him with a move to lfc. Let silly season commence

Sessegnon was liking and commenting on Woodburn's Instagram yesterday.

So that means he's signed now too :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Would love to see that signing. Bayern are like Real Madrid, they can let some very good players leave. Though I'm not sure its smart of them considering Ribery and Robbens' age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm in love with the new jersey.

eyerer wrote: »
    Would love to see that signing. Bayern are like Real Madrid, they can let some very good players leave. Though I'm not sure its smart of them considering Ribery and Robbens' age.

Well they've just signed on Coman full-time and it seems like Brandt is headed there too.

The likes of Bayern and Madrid are the perfect places for Liverpool to look for top players. We can't compete with the top clubs when it comes to signings, but when a top club signs someone it can often mean a really good player will be leaving, and that's who we should be trying to snatch up. Sure in the past few years Madrid have let Ozil and Di Maria go when they were playing brilliantly, just because they thought they could sign the next best superstar. Now it looks like James will be on his way this summer because he didn't become the literal best player in teh world after a couple of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

A bit from Ian Ayres on the Delli Alli failed signing, the club felt he hadn't achieved enough to justify his demands

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10852794/dele-allis-proposed-deal-to-liverpool-fell-through-due-to-players-demands-says-ian-ayre

Also a bit on the Suarez transfer

"I remember the sporting director of Barcelona calling me during that game, immediately as Suarez bit the player, and he said to me 'my friend, he's bitten somebody, how can this be the price?' I said 'he'd already bitten somebody when you first bid!'

:D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Douglas Costa is most certainly leaving Bayern in the summer anyway. He's been mentioned around here for quite a while, exactly what we need being essentially a left-sided Man?. With his current situation he should be our number one target in that position.

We need left sided Men alright ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Would nearly take the 0-0 in the Manchester derby. United haven't done much but I don't trust that City defence. Or keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Would nearly take the 0-0 in the Manchester derby. United haven't done much but I don't trust that City defence. Or keeper.

Keeper is woeful and that Otamendi lad makes Moreno look like a half decent defender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

monkey9 wrote: »

mix of 70's and 80's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Keeper is woeful and that Otamendi lad makes Moreno look like a half decent defender.

Lets not go nuts.

monkey9 wrote: »

Reminds me a little of this:

s-l225.jpg

I'll see what the away one is like before I decide on what to buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

For next season as a once off with the relaxation of what is on the shirt sleeve in the Premier League I want Liverpool to wear their UEFA badge of honour

Tense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

So , who do we want to win this city/Utd game??

Never utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

cjmc wrote: »

Don't know, but it's definitely not the spectators who are winning. :pac:

........ it can often mean a really good player will be leaving, and that's who we should be trying to snatch up...........

Most of those really good players are used to CL football every year and there's not many clubs in England currently looking good to offer that annually.
    We certainly don't, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I wouldn't mind finishing outside the top 4 so much, if it didn't mean having the play in the Europa league. Chelsea wouldn't have won the league this year, Leicester wouldn't have won it last year, United wouldn't have finished 4th the year before, and we wouldn't have finished 2nd the year before that, if it weren't for not having European games. The Europa league is a curse.

cjmc wrote: »

If both could lose, that would be good...

I wouldn't mind finishing outside the top 4 so much, if it didn't mean having the play in the Europa league. Chelsea wouldn't have won the league this year, Leicester wouldn't have won it last year, United wouldn't have finished 4th the year before, and we wouldn't have finished 2nd the year before that, if it weren't for not having European games. The Europa league is a curse.

Can't understand this attitude, I'd much rather compete in any European competition than none. Some of the team's best moments came in last season's campaign.

I'm the opposite, in terms of our squad development, i think the EL would suit us better. More games for young players and fringe players and still the possibility of signing good players due to TV exposure.

And Thursday night's would suit me better in terms of getting to one or two games :pac:

Now that there's a CL place up for grabs I'm all for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

10m for Stewart to Brighton being mentioned. The price of players this summer could blow the last few years out of the water

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

Can't understand this attitude, I'd much rather compete in any European competition than none. Some of the team's best moments came in last season's campaign.

True, Dortmund game last season was magic, moments like that is what makes being a football fan

Chap with the hair be missing the next 3 Utd games

Augeo wrote: »
    Chap with the hair be missing the next 3 Utd games

Is that a good thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Goal Suarez!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Goal Suarez!

@livinginkorea have you been called up for any English lessons in the summer yet? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

@livinginkorea have you been called up for any English lessons in the summer yet? :P

Sadly no, nothing...yet. If I do, I'll let you all know ;)

Not ideal.

I'm still not over Palace.

Just can't see us winning at Watford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

1297580233836_7359693.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

If both could lose, that would be good...

Well, they both lose the opportunity of gaining an extra 2 points, it will have to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Nothing changes in what we have to do regardless of result tonihht . Win last 4 games we finish top 4

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement