Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Draws or loses now are needed for there extra games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I didn't realise GD was so close to City and Utd . I thought we were well ahead in that !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Nothing changes in what we have to do regardless of result tonihht . Win last 4 games we finish top 4

manuel-que_zps87465835.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ho hum, a draw was always most likely. Could be worse but means nothing if Watford get anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Sadly no, nothing...yet. If I do, I'll let you all know ;)

Better clean out your inbox of PMs, expect lots of activity there for the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Well, chances of finishing 4th are lessened but chances of finishing 3rd have improved so that's something I suppose? The only prediction i'm making at this point is I'll lose plenty of sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We are nothing going to get top 4. Plus we won't even fight for it, I fully expect a shocking display against Watford. We are handing it to City and United on a plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

manuel-que_zps87465835.jpeg

Man City and United won't win all their remaining games. So if we win our last 4 we finish top 4. Pretty self explanatory really .

And I've already said given our run in we should be winning our last 4 .

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Is anyone else tempted to not watch the Watford game out of fear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Man City and United won't win all their remaining games. So if we win our last 4 we finish top 4. Pretty self explanatory really .

And I've already said given our run in we should be winning our last 4 .

We need to be beating the likes of Watford 4-0, instead we might go there take the lead and lose.
    United are away to Spurs and Arsenal, so it's up to them to do us a favour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

spockety wrote: »

In the last ten minutes I've said we won't beat Watford here and on three different WhatsApp groups.

The fear is real.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

We need to be beating the likes of Watford 4-0, instead we might go there take the lead and lose.
    United are away to Spurs and Arsenal, so it's up to them to do us a favour.

If United go away to Spurs, Arsenal and Southampton and get 9 points they will deserve 4th more than us and I will have no complaints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

if we dont make champions league after the positions we have been in all season it will be a fcking failure,say it like it is,not hedge bets if we dont,a failure. why would someone like phil want to stay and keep missing out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Utd made absolutely no attempt to win that game tonight...will they do the same against Arsenal and Spurs? I think they will because Mourinho is basically just a coward when playing away to the big teams.

Utd made absolutely no attempt to win that game tonight...will they do the same against Arsenal and Spurs? I think they will because Mourinho is basically just a coward when playing away to the big teams.

Difficult to hold it against them tonight.

Some squad though.

The quality they can call upon with so many out is crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Just on the new home jersey.

Would it be too hard for the designers to keep the crest, sponsor and brand all the same color.

Either all gold or all white, they managed to get the keeper jersey right, why not the home jersey.

Just a little bug bear of mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

City are fairly stumbling along themselves. The thing that might save them is their fixtures. Middlesboro A, Palace H, Leicester H, WBA H, Watford A.

They should win all those. Will win 4 of them at least you'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

City are fairly stumbling along themselves. The thing that might save them is their fixtures. Middlesboro A, Palace H, Leicester H, WBA H, Watford A.

Big Sam will go all out in that game so can tell the world how he schooled Pep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

Palace is the only hard one for them. City to take third easily. We will be fighting Utd for 4th.

I can see us loose to Watford.

noodler wrote: »
    Difficult to hold it against them tonight.

Some squad though.

The quality they can call upon with so many out is crazy.

They could have 11 Messi's on the pitch but if the manager won't let them play what can they do? Considering the amount of money both of those clubs have spent and with the managers they have that was an appalling game of football. Fellaini going mental for 60 seconds was the only decent thing about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

They'll beat Arsenal and they play Spurs in 2 weeks when the league will likely have been won. And Southampton aren't great. Once they're mathematically safe I doubt they'll be much cop.

Where's this optimism coming from, lads? Don't do this to yourselves.

Sappy404 wrote: »
    They'll beat Arsenal and they play Spurs in 2 weeks when the league will likely have been won. And Southampton aren't great. Once they're mathematically safe I doubt they'll be much cop.

I'm not optimistic at all...despite all I've just said I think we'll still find a way to **** everything up :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Don't think the league will be over in 2 weeks. At least not mathematically. Probably be the same points difference as now.

They could have 11 Messi's on the pitch but if the manager won't let them play what can they do? Considering the amount of money both of those clubs have spent and with the managers they have that was an appalling game of football. Fellaini going mental for 60 seconds was the only decent thing about it.

Look how they cruised at Burnley though.

Even tonight, missing half a dozen, still get the draw. Even while juggling a decent time Europa campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

If United go away to Spurs, Arsenal and Southampton and get 9 points they will deserve 4th more than us and I will have no complaints.

I'm not sure that really follows... those tougher games are the types of ones we won too, like.

Really, it's a lot simpler - if Utd get top four and we don't, they deserve it more than us.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

West Ham away as well (even though not at Upton Park) will still be a bad one for us. Andy Carroll will have his game of the season against us again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

If we don't get 4th now we don't deserve it. You would expect a champions league standard team to be able to take say 9/10 points from games against Watford, Southampton, West Ham & Middlesbrough, which I would think would be enough to finish ahead of United. They were poor tonight but judging by the way they set up you'd think they are happy with a point, keeps them in the driving seat I guess despite their tougher fixture list. I have a feeling we will be sitting outside the Champions League positions by Tuesday morning though as Watford just seem to be a team we will drop points to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Can't understand this attitude, I'd much rather compete in any European competition than none. Some of the team's best moments came in last season's campaign.

Agreed. United,Dortmund and Villarreal. Some memorable wins in our Europa campaign last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Might head over to Woodies on the Malahide Road instead, shop for rope.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I'm not optimistic at all...despite all I've just said I think we'll still find a way to **** everything up :pac:

The Liverpool way, snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Nah we'll get top four.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is the United Spurs game not the last home game at WHL before moving to Wembley? They will not want to loose that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

monkey9 wrote: »
    Nah we'll get top four.

I think so too.

Why all the fear? Utd will not win all their remaining games. Tonight's result not bad for us.

No reason we can't go to Watford and win. If we can't do that then we don't deserve top 4.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Is the United Spurs game not the last home game at WHL before moving to Wembley? They will not want to loose that.

Why would they want to lose it anyway?

Spurs are a much better team than Bore-inho's Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Spurs will want to put on a show for their last game at the current lane so you would think

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why would they want to lose it anyway?

Spurs are a much better team than Bore-inho's Utd.

I'm not saying they'd want to loose it I'm saying Spurs will be even more up for the game seeing as it's the last game at WHL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Think arsenal will get a point at worst at home against utd. Im more worried about our own games anyway

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'm not saying they'd want to loose it I'm saying Spurs will be even more up for the game seeing as it's the last game at WHL.

They may also somehow still be fighting for the title...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

corwill wrote: »
    Might head over to Woodies on the Malahide Road instead, shop for rope.

:D

Fingers crossed Coutinho has his shooting boots on.

They may also somehow still be fighting for the title...

They may be but it's hard to see Chelsea losing from here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

I think so too.

Why all the fear? Utd will not win all their remaining games. Tonight's result not bad for us.

No reason we can't go to Watford and win. If we can't do that then we don't deserve top 4.

Because..............................Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Just on the new home jersey.

Would it be too hard for the designers to keep the crest, sponsor and brand all the same color.

Either all gold or all white, they managed to get the keeper jersey right, why not the home jersey.

Just a little bug bear of mine.

It's a very nice jersey. Will probably buy it, and I haven't bought one in years.

I don't see why the crest needs to be the same colour? My bug bear is that they don't actually use the full crest! I find that very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

ricero wrote: »
    Think arsenal will get a point at worst at home against utd. I'm more worried about our own games anyway

I am more comfortable watching other teams playing than us now. It gives me more confidence. :o
    Pity we made a mess of the season post Xmas & haven't really recovered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

If we don't get 4th now we don't deserve it. You would expect a champions league standard team to be able to take say 9/10 points from games against Watford, Southampton, West Ham & Middlesbrough, which I would think would be enough to finish ahead of United.

Fully agree.

It's just very difficult to be confident in Liverpool. We always screw up the games we should win.

mosstin wrote: »
    Because..............................Liverpool.

They win more games than they lose.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    It's a very nice jersey. Will probably buy it, and I haven't bought one in years.

I don't see why the crest needs to be the same colour? My bug bear is that they don't actually use the full crest! I find that very annoying.

I think the jersey crest is why nicer than the current club one which is too busy, tacky and dated whilst the Liverbird is timeless.

Fully agree.

It's just very difficult to be confident in Liverpool. We always screw up the games we should win.

We didn't screw up the two games before Palace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

We didn't screw up the two games before Palace.

Those were very difficult games on paper though. Palace had "win" written all over it, therefore we lost of course. It's the Liverpool way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fully agree.

Palace are no mugs having beat Chelsea and Arsenal and drew with an in form Leicester in there previous 5 games before us

martyos121 wrote: »
    Those were very difficult games on paper though. Palace had "win" written all over it, therefore we lost of course. It's the Liverpool way.

Palace game did not have win written all over it as Allardyce has them organised, playing well and winning games. Only lost 1-0 to a red hit Spurs too.

Combined with Benteke coming back I was pessimistic about Sunday.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement