Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Dodgy for City Mangela? 6 million a year wages Mangela

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Surely pickford should be a target?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

sword1 wrote: »

I think he's overated, and come the summer he'll definately be overpriced.

sword1 wrote: »

Why? Klopp has made it clear he is happy with Mig and Karius. Jordan Pickford is probably just another lower league stopper who looks good as he faces a constant stream of shots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

OK, with relegation and the possibility of a release clause I thought he might be a reasonable price and he put in good performances this year but that's me told the reality very fast.

:D

People need to stop harking on about keepers, we ain't buying one. It's right down there with "keep Sakho" as a topic of wasted words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pickford like a lot of keepers in the bottom half of the table and that includes Mignolet before we signed him they look really great saving a shot every couple of minutes.

What you don't see from those keepers till they make the step up to a top team is when they only have to make one save a game do they have the concentration levels to stay prepared all game waiting to make that one key save game in game out over a season that's the difference between a very good keeper in the bottom half of the table and a top class keeper playing for team that wants to be in the mix for trophies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Dodgy for City Mangela? 6 million a year wages Mangela

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

There's rumours we've put a £40m price tag on Sturridge so he'll be going nowhere. Mental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Think it's pretty clear a keeper isn't a priority to Klopp after Mig's resurgence the last few months.

Despite feeling like we badly needed a new keeper four months ago I too have started to look at areas of the pitch in more recent games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mangala would be an interesting signing ? A sakho type with a brain.
    He has passion to defend. Can see that

If we were to go for anyone, I would pick Defoe. Getting older but remains a goal scoring threat and probably would be happy with a good wage and filling in for injuries/suspension and cup games. And doesn't seem to get injured much so would be available for most games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

There's rumours we've put a £40m price tag on Sturridge so he'll be going nowhere. Mental.

Jesus Christ. Must be trying to recoup the medical fees.

That story is from the Daily Heil - I've just had a look and they offer no evidence to back up the claim, predictably enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Whilst we're on the subject of overrated palyers, Virgil Van Dijk, i think he's very average.

That story is from the Daily Heil - I've just had a look and they offer no evidence to back up the claim, predictably enough.

Wasn't sure where it came from originally...saw a few people had tweeted about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It's clearly bollocks.

We never play him even when fit and he's obviously not worth that.

Klopp's not going to keep him around for lookin pretty.

Gbear wrote: »

Klopp's not going to keep him around for lookin pretty.

Sturridge's presence doesn't even work as an injury lightning rod for the squad as a whole :(

The Echo ran a poll asking people how much we should be asking for him...

C-p-v_0XgAAFdYy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder have a number of clubs approached Liverpool about Mr Sturridge already and the club let it out the *£40m price to see who is serious about buying and then hoping for a bidding war with the new tv money coming into the game next season.

*A price if was £30m it would be more believable.

noodler wrote: »
    Think it's pretty clear a keeper isn't a priority to Klopp after Mig's resurgence the last few months.

Despite feeling like we badly needed a new keeper four months ago I too have started to look at areas of the pitch in more recent games.

We've seen migs resurgences before. They always come after a frequent need for one.

• Advertisement

What you don't see from those keepers till they make the step up to a top team is when they only have to make one save a game do they have the concentration levels to stay prepared all game waiting to make that one key save game in game out over a season that's the difference between a very good keeper in the bottom half of the table and a top class keeper playing for team that wants to be in the mix for trophies.

This is like the Jan & Feb period showed us we need a squad speel.... known since the late 90s by most folk.

In other news, the sky is blue, night follows day & the World is round.

Utd a goal up, fnckity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Whilst we're on the subject of overrated palyers, Virgil Van Dijk, i think he's very average.

I'm sorry but you don't know your arse from your elbow.

There's rumours we've put a ?40m price tag on Sturridge so he'll be going nowhere. Mental.

I think 25 million would be a fair price but loads of add on like if he plays x amount a games or scores x amount of goals we get another couple of million

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Virgil Van Dijk , He's better than average, he's good, not great though. Hard to see us buying him with Matip our number 1 and one would presume Klopp giving Lovren 100k a week, as our number 2.
    I would like him for 30m or less, but I fear he will go for closer to 50m which would be a bit on the silly side, it might depend on how much we get for Sakho .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I see Mark Clattenburg has retired from refereeing in the PL.

https://twitter.com/plspokesman/status/858387939528781824

Does that mean he would be refereeing the FA cup final?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Come on Swansea.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

mikeym wrote: »
    Come on Swansea.

No chance unfortunately. It'll either finish 1-0 or 2-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Coutinho getting tripped in the box and not going down feels even worse now.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Virgil Van Dijk , He's better than average, he's good, not great though. Hard to see us buying him with Matip our number 1 and one would presume Klopp giving Lovren 100k a week, as our number 2.
    I would like him for 30m or less, but I fear he will go for closer to 50m which would be a bit on the silly side, it might depend on how much we get for Sakho .

I would feel very happy to spend anywhere up to 45 million on him. Now is the time to go big or go home. Our back line is suspect for the last 10 years. he has everything . He will be great i have no doubt about that. What people are over looking is his pace. they way we play and push up leaves us open to quick counters as lovren is very sluggish. if we had VVD there would be more confidence in the team as he can match the speed demons for pace. he is also a leader which we as a team are severely lacking.

We need five quality buys and he is number one on my list. I would say get him at all costs but i think Chelsea, City , Barca will get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Siggy - you absolutely beautiful human being

• Advertisement

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Siggy - you absolutely beautiful human being

Delete this, no jinx please.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

United to lose or draw I think, which will really help Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,673 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

RobertKK wrote: »
    United to lose or draw I think, which will really help Liverpool.

... until we drop points at Watford!

At this rate, 67 points will probably be enough for 4th...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

There's rumours we've put a ?40m price tag on Sturridge so he'll be going nowhere. Mental.

n-TRUMP-CHINA-200x150.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Always liked Swansea! A real pity lorente missed that sitter though!

BACK IN OUR HANDS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

We've got some room breathing room now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

BACK IN OUR HANDS

How so? They are 2 points back with a game in hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

All back in our own hand, I told you Utd would drop points, they're really not that good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

This is it now. Time to see who are the real men in this squad. I reckon if we win our next 2 games we will get top 4. Utd will drop points at arsenal next week i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Realised that I couldn't bring myself to tune in for the end of the United game, due to what can probably be attributed to PTSD from the amount of times I gleefully turned on a potential United upset in years gone by, only to see a Fergie time turnaround.

But that's a massive result for us. If we **** up tomorrow I'll be disgusted.

noodler wrote: »
    We've got some room breathing room now.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm no more hopeful now than I was, sure Utd's football stinks the place out, sure they have a mad schedule, sure they have euro trips and tight deadlines, sure they have a depleted squad - esp the defence but Liverpool's lack of hunger is of greater concern until I see different.

gafferino wrote: »

Table hadn't updated for you I guess. They're one point behind with no games in hand.

Pool and Utd 34 games played now. Goal diff so so important as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

1 point back but same number of games played.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Our only problem is that we have had poor result away to Watford before, Southampton at home and Hammers away

Anyway, lets hope players confidence is good and we get three points tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Getting siggy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

murpho999 wrote: »
    All back in our own hand, I told you Utd would drop points, they're really not that good.

Problem is Jose is building, they are not losing either, he could spend another €200m in the summer to fix their flaws, they are going to be very hard to beat next season am afraid to say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Benimar wrote: »
    1 point back but same number of games played.

Ah yes.... table hadn't updated. Perfect.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement