Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I'm no more hopeful now than I was, sure Utd's football stinks the place out, sure they have a mad schedule, sure they have euro trips and tight deadlines, sure they have a depleted squad - esp the defence but Liverpool's lack of hunger is of greater concern until I see different.

We play brave, even under the extreme consequences of a loss. We should go to Watford and play for a draw and hope to nick it. We will go there and play an open game though. Drives a lot of people mad considering what's at stake. It's brave though, Klopp has his beliefs and they don't waver even in the face of obvious danger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

United were never gonna be a threat with them obviously focussing on the Europa.

Arsenal beat Spurs today though.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    United were never gonna be a threat with them obviously focussing on the Europa.

Let's not get carried away. They are a single point behind. I have zero faith we'll win all our games. Most likely 7 points imo

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Of cpurse they are trying to get top 4 . Jose is talking nonsense when it comes to that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I full expect Everton to beat Chelsea. Everton have a home record better than Chelsea.
    Spurs won't lose at home to Arsenal, no way.Title race will be back on today for Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Now Spurs to beat Arsenal, Everton to get something from Chelsea to keep it interesting for Spurs and Boro to play with abandon and get something from Citeh :)

oh and yes us to win 3-0 tomorrow night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Our only problem is that we have had poor result away to Watford before, Southampton at home and Hammers away

Anyway, lets hope players confidence is good and we get three points tomorrow night

That has zero influence over tomorrow's match. We've also beaten them all before which is also irrelevant.

Of cpurse they are trying to get top 4 . Jose is talking nonsense when it comes to that

No wrong. No better man for seeing a situation for what it is. He'll have told his players to not go full blooded today with a view to Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

In a great position now but top 4 is still 50/50 I reckon. We could get 4 points or 12 points from our last 4 games, one outcome as likely as the other imo.

No wrong. No better man for seeing a situation for what it is. He'll have told his players to not go full blooded today with a view to Thursday.

That's garbage.

• Advertisement

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Let's not get carried away. They are a single point behind. I have zero faith we'll win all our games. Most likely 7 points imo

Why the pessimism? Before the Palace game they had 10 out of 12 points.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why the pessimism? Before the Palace game they had 10 out of 12 points.

We have played well only a handful of times in recent months though. Against Stoke and West Brom we were somewhat lucky to get 3 points in both.

5starpool wrote: »
    We have played well only a handful of times in recent months though. Against Stoke and West Brom we were somewhat lucky to get 3 points in both.

Can't have it both ways, crap when they lose and lucky when they win.

Last 10 league games we have W6 D2 L2. 20 points. That's not as bad as people are making out here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Early in the season we were winning games well. Lately we are one bad decision away from a bad result every game. Great result for us today, hopefully spurs can win now also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Good chance Lallana will be back tomorrow, that'll be huge for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jinx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Problem is Jose is building, they are not losing either, he could spend another €200m in the summer to fix their flaws, they are going to be very hard to beat next season am afraid to say

I think we really need them to miss out on champs league again and potential players may think twice about signing for them and maybe overlooking the cash and huge stadium etc.

Hopefully we can get into the champs league group stages and add bulk and quality to the squad and hopefully cement our place for a few years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Why don't we just forget about 4th place and just come third and we are all happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Now Spurs to beat Arsenal, Everton to get something from Chelsea to keep it interesting for Spurs and Boro to play with abandon and get something from Citeh :)

oh and yes us to win 3-0 tomorrow night

Boro 1 nil up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

mada999 wrote:
    Hopefully we can get into the champs league group stages and add bulk and quality to the squad and hopefully cement our place for a few years

IF we make it to the Champions League we'd want to be buying quality unlike last time we qualified & not buying squad numbers.
    Our squad is so bad now Klopp often doesn't even look at it when we're in trouble. A lot of injuries this year too despite the lack of games for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

City are not really playing that well at all but their fixtures looked handy enough on paper so people were already awarding them the points. They still have 3 home games left so they should be OK but if they lose today it certainly makes it interesting.

mada999 wrote: »

Given hoe competitive the pl is I don't think perennial CL qualification for a few years is overly realistic, not just for us either of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

niallo27 wrote: »
    Why don't we just forget about 4th place and just come third and we are all happy.
    Sounds like a plan.

I'm in.

As it stands win all 4 games (I know) and we finish third. The race is so close right now.

• Advertisement

Can't have it both ways, crap when they lose and lucky when they win.

That's not both ways, it's pretty much the same thing surely? Playing crap and losing or playing crap and winning. Obviously one is much better than the other, but it's still playing crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Am I missing something here? Did we never lose a game with Sakho in the lineup?

Of course we did but the context was in relation to why palace lost yesterday.

Anyway, who gives a flying fcuk. Utd drew with the Swans (and Jose is blaming injured players for being injured), City are losing to Boro and if Spurs can beat Arsenal later it'll have been an excellent weekend and a perfect opportunity for us to go beat Watford and take a major step towards cementing a top 4 place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I was so convinced Utd would beat Swansea I didn't even check the score until my mate texted me after it finished. Happy days. It has probably saved the thread from an influx of "football fans" dropping in for a "chat".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Boro 2-1 up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Boro 2-1 up now! Chambers put them back in front.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

2-2 now, hope Boro don't concede anymore in the remaining 5 minutes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Not having to qualify for the CL would be a bonus, but getting there is the main thing.

Gbear wrote: »
    Not having to qualify for the CL would be a bonus, but getting there is the main thing.

Even when we were good in Europe we nearly always came close to crapping ourselves in the qualifiers. I'd love to not have to face the prospect.

Of course we did but the context was in relation to why palace lost yesterday.

Anyway, who gives a flying fcuk. Utd drew with the Swans (and Jose is blaming injured players for being injured), City are losing to Boro and if Spurs can beat Arsenal later it'll have been an excellent weekend and a perfect opportunity for us to go beat Watford and take a major step towards cementing a top 4 place.

More context is that Palace beat Liverpool withhout Sakho last week.

I think Sakho would look good in an Allardyce organised static back four as opposed to a Klopp side with wing backs often playing forward exposing the centre backs.

Think our defence problems are a lot to do with the system as well as individuals.

Scores going our way so far today, let's hope we capitalise on this tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

City drop 2 points :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

2 draws......now that's what I call a Super Sunday!!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Boro and City finish 2 all. Not a bad result!

We're now tied on points, games played, and goal difference with City. We have 7 more goals scored than day do. It's neck and neck, we have as much of a chance as they do to get third place.

Liverpool have scored 5 goals more

Spurs win please (spits)

Spurs win please (spits)

Yep. That happens and it's been a great result. A win tomorrow (which I'm not confident of) and we're very strong favs for top again.

• Advertisement

What a day so far!

What an unpredictable league.

Arsenal to hopefully drop points

We're now tied on points, games played, and goal difference with City. We have 7 more goals scored than day do. It's neck and neck, we have as much of a chance as they do to get third place.

Not that it matters, but we've 5 more scored than them. The rest of the above is correct though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Absolutely have to get our shit together tomorrow evening now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

5starpool wrote: »
    Yep. That happens and it's been a great result. A win tomorrow (which I'm not confident of) and we're very strong favs for top again.

We should totally throw caution to the wind tomorrow night and try to rack up a score to press the goal difference advantage... :pac:

I full expect Everton to beat Chelsea. Everton have a home record better than Chelsea.
    Spurs won't lose at home to Arsenal, no way.Title race will be back on today for Spurs.

Boys v men at Goodison.

Great day of results for Liverpool though, but Arsenal will Arsenal and turn it on to make 4th. They'll be the more buoyed in the dressing rooms by today's results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Great day of results for us, hopefully Spurs win too don't need Arsenal ceeeping back into it now. All means nothing really unless we do the business so over to you klopp and co.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Some serious results there. We're being given some amount of lifelines for CL here.

Chelsea's win today now means our title race is officially over.:D

Boys v men at Goodison.

Great day of results for Liverpool though, but Arsenal will Arsenal and turn it on to make 4th. They'll be the more buoyed in the dressing rooms by today's results.

We'll if we get 3rd, Arsenal are more than welcome to 4th. In fact I'd go as far as saying that would be my preferred option. Liverpool 3rd, Arsenal 4th, City and Utd in the EL, with Utd not winning the EL this season of course. If Carlsberg did the end to the season...

• Advertisement

Chelsea's win today now means our title race is officially over.:D

Took it to the 34th game and the very last day of April - not bad, not bad! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement