Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The 7 teams directly below us all mess up this round of games. We really do have a chance to make up for last weeks result tomorrow against Watford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Good results all round today.

Yup but I have zero confidence in getting anything tomorrow night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's so close at the moment this could happen.

If 3rd and 4th finish level on points and goals it goes to a play off to see which team get the automatic CL spot.

If 4th and 5th finish level on points and goals it goes to a play off to see which team gets the CL play off place.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-city-and-liverpoo-playoff-champions-league-premier-league-a7710636.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

murpho999 wrote: »
    Great results for us to do, great opportunity tomorrow night.

Surely Watford will have nothing to play for.

Oh if only that helped.

Nothing to play for - check
    Top half but not a "big team" - check
    Strong centre forward - check
    Already beat them at home - check
    Monday night game - check

We are absolutely fcuked here lads. I won't even watch it, I know what's coming.

martyos121 wrote: »
    After the Arsenal result, we only need to worry about one of the Manchester clubs now, just finish above either one of them and we're grand.

Finish above both and we're definitely straight into the CL group stages. That's the aim now.

Small bit in me wanted Arsenal to win to bring back #Wengerin but I'll take the lolz on Arsenal fan TV regardless

Two Manchester clubs are bottlers IMO!

But would be funny for me if you didn't gets result tomorrow. Huge opportunity for uz tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yeah if we win tomorrow, we should look at third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Small bit in me wanted Arsenal to win to bring back #Wengerin but I'll take the lolz on Arsenal fan TV regardless

Two Manchester clubs are bottlers IMO!

But would be funny for me if you didn't gets result tomorrow. Huge opportunity for uz tho

It's reminding me of the 2014/15 run in. Both of our teams were doing their best to throw away 4th spot, dropping points like there was no tomorrow. It looks like it could be a similar situation this year, but I'd be much more confident this time around. Lallana is back now and it's almost indescribable how much he offers to the team when he's at full tilt. Might need a game to get going though, not expecting the world from him tomorrow night tbh, or from any of our players for that matter.

We thrashed them 6-1 at Anfield. They have won 3 at home in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm confident we'll win tomorrow. I mean, i'll no doubt be nervy watching it but i think we'll get the win.

• Advertisement

I like him as a player but I wouldn't be to disappointed if we didn't get van Dijk.

That £50m could probably get us say two German international CB's like Sule & Tah.

There really isn't a value to talent ratio in the PL at the moment there is a better value to talent ratio around Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Well that was a wonderful day of football. Takes a lot of pressure off tommorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

niallo27 wrote: »
    Well that was a wonderful day of football. Takes a lot of pressure off tommorrow night.

Don't know about that. If we don't win the game we're back to where we were this morning.

Win tomorrow though and with two home games left after that we'd really have to make a bags of it to lose out on a top 4 spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Don't know about that. If we don't win the game we're back to where we were this morning.

But the pressure is even more on those trying to catch us. And we have very winnable home games... we actually have a great home record even if it might feel like we don't.

Win tomorrow though and with two home games left after that we'd really have to make a bags of it to lose out on a top 4 spot.

Yes we will be back to where we were but an extra game played. Today was supposed to be the day where Liverpool fell out if top 4. I have a feeling they will batter Watford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

noodler wrote: »
    Fook that my friend.

Defoe has more goals than any of our forwards despite his age and a distinct lack of service.

The very idea of Origi or Ings as being ahead of him in any pecking order is nuts.

Also, let's sign William Dafoe.
    giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

We're now tied on points, games played, and goal difference with City. We have 7 more goals scored than day do. It's neck and neck, we have as much of a chance as they do to get third place.

I wish people would take this into account when they lose patience with klopp after each point dropped. Right, we're not challenging for the title, but are otherwise keeping good company with Utd, City, and Arsenal, and everything they have going for them in terms of experience, squad, and management.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

spockety wrote:
    I wish people would take this into account when they lose patience with klopp after each point dropped. Right, we're not challenging for the title, but are otherwise keeping good company with Utd, City, and Arsenal, and everything they have going for them in terms of experience, squad, and management.

Honestly Arsenal have spent most of the last 3 months getting the piss taken out of them with 'sack wenger' signs appearing everywhere.
    The other 2 after Thursday I wasn't stunned neither could beat the sides 18th & 19th in the league today.
    The least we should do is compete with them as they are not very good right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

It's so close at the moment this could happen.

If 3rd and 4th finish level on points and goals it goes to a play off to see which team get the automatic CL spot.

If 4th and 5th finish level on points and goals it goes to a play off to see which team gets the CL play off place.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-city-and-liverpoo-playoff-champions-league-premier-league-a7710636.html

That'd be the Australia trip fked! Would be a weird one if it were to happen.

I can't believe we're still in third after today. :v

martyos121 wrote: »
    It's reminding me of the 2014/15 run in. Both of our teams were doing their best to throw away 4th spot, dropping points like there was no tomorrow. It looks like it could be a similar situation this year, but I'd be much more confident this time around. Lallana is back now and it's almost indescribable how much he offers to the team when he's at full tilt. Might need a game to get going though, not expecting the world from him tomorrow night tbh, or from any of our players for that matter.

I'm raging he's back :/
    Ive given him stick in the past but he is creative and seems like Liverpool have been lacking it since he got injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'm pretty sure it goes to goals scored if you're tied on points and goal difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I'm pretty sure it goes to goals scored if you're tied on points and goal difference.

And if goal scored is the same its a playoff. Low probability of it happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

While we'd all hope that we'll improve against the bottom 10 next season, I think it's reasonable to expect a bit of regression to the mean against the rest of the top 6.
    We've done brilliantly with 4 pts against City, Spurs and Cheslea and 6 against Arsenal, with no defeat against the tricky multi-billionaire minnows from Old Trafford (or at least that's the way they approached those games).

You'd expect most of them to be stronger next season and those games were all still very tight.

There's more to be gained against the bottom than there is to be lost against the top though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I think they should just do a play-off like the championship. We'd be a shoe in to get it then, in fact it would be the only way I'd be confident of getting through automatically.
    Although if there's a trophy up for grabs for fourth we might have competition.

giphy.gif

Why don't you just get Dafoe out of here !

spockety wrote: »

Great post. The man is doing miracles to be ahead of city and utd. He is making mistakes but learning from them. We have to remember we are not at the top anymore

Watford 6-1 to win at home, something they have done more than United this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Thank you Swansea & Middlesboro.

I was convinced Liverpool would be in 5th by now but the 2 draws have been very beneficial.

From now on Klopp needs to treat every game like a cup final.

We need Champions League football.

mikeym wrote: »
    Thank you Swansea & Middlesboro.

I was convinced Liverpool would be in 5th by now but the 2 draws have been very beneficial.

From now on Klopp needs to treat every game like a cup final.

We need Champions League football.

His cup final record is terrible :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,662 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Great post. The man is doing miracles to be ahead of city and utd. He is making mistakes but learning from them. We have to remember we are not at the top anymore
    Klopp is trying . After getting criticism for not shoring the team up when leading late in the game he's started trying to do that .
    I expect better in game management from him next year though as he learns the league.
    i can't believe we're still in the driving seat for top 4

Treat every game like a semi final.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Visualise Watford as Arsenal, Spurs or City

Treat every game like a semi final.

I like to pretend I won't watch the game tomorrow but ultimately I will.
    If Liverpool are winning well il switch it off and sob, compound the fact of facing work Tuesday.
    So yes, treat it like a final :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

VQqqxZS.jpg

Is that a real quote?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Of cpurse they are trying to get top 4 . Jose is talking nonsense when it comes to that

Jose is talking nonsense when it comes to alot of things imo!!!! So glad he never managed us cos I would hate to have to pretend to like him like most Utd fans are doing now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

JamboMac wrote: »
    VQqqxZS.jpg

Is that a real quote?

I highly doubt it. I find it hard to believe any manager would say any player wouldn't make it at the highest level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Looks like an awful picture made to make Klopp out to look stupid.

"Remember to put in a picture of his book to make it look real."

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

VQqqxZS.jpg

Is that a real quote?

Have the book, just never got around to reading it yet - I'll see can I find that quote.

VQqqxZS.jpg

Is that a real quote?

a quote off the internet
    21 Jul 2016 20:23:58
    This quote was not in Klopp's autobiography, and was made up nonsense by a sad Newcastle fan

of course I could have made that up....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Mourinho moaning about playing 9 games in April , despite being Man Utd and spending quarter of a billion on players.

• Advertisement

Amazed anyone had to even look up that quote for authenticity!

Come on lads!

Mourinho moaning about playing 9 games in April , despite being Man Utd and spending quarter of a billion on players.

Meh, lots managers had a moan about fixtures

Even Conte last week

As did Pep and his squad cost more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

noodler wrote: »
    Amazed anyone had to even look up that quote for authenticity!

Come on lads!

I'll assume it's real then and pretty sure 135 million and a quarter of a billion are different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Whats the injury list for tomorrow lads?

I'll assume it's real then and pretty sure 135 million and a quarter of a billion are different.

Ummm K.

Ings (!) Hendo and Mane deffo out with Lallana and Sturridge likely for bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I highly doubt it. I find it hard to believe any manager would say any player wouldn't make it at the highest level.

Wijnaldum was 20 when he left Feyenord too, so it would have had to have come at some point before then. Really doubt anyone would ever say an 18/19 year old would never make it to the top level, only buyable to be used as a quick fix. Who buys a teenager as a short term solution?

Are we all new to the fake FB quotes beside pictures?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,673 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Qualifying for Europe might be a bit of a mistake then....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

So after todays results its back in our hands , lets hope we stuff watford tommorow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Are we all new to the fake FB quotes beside pictures?
    Good point.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement