Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Get the f?ck in !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

.....my God my nerves are shot, I need to have a drink but it's a dry house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Showed the bottle some of us doubted they had at times. Great 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Knex. wrote: »
    Thanks be to Jesus. Still worrying that we can't score more than one absolute wonder goal, but I'd have taken your hand off for 3 points before the game.

On to the next one.

We had good chances though, Lallana and Sturridge come to mind.......nearly ****ed up at the end but got through thankfully.....

I reckon 4 more points will do us for 4th :D
    Have to go for third of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

1 nil up with a few minutes to go, and your two centerbacks are on their own in the opposition box, one trying to cross the ball to the other.

Doesn't get more Liverpool than that.

Knex. wrote: »
    1 nil up with a few minutes to go, and your two centerbacks are on their own in the opposition box, one trying to cross the ball to the other.

Doesn't get more Liverpool than that.

Lovren would break your heart......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Get the fùck in redmen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

jose77.jpg

• Advertisement

1.2 on Betfair exchange to get Top4 now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Gerrrrupppaatttavit!!!!! :D Almost there now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Amazed Deeney stayed on the pitch, not even getting booked in fact. Kicked at Mignolet while he was in the air, barged through Firmino in the corner spot, so much so that you could see he was resigned to giving away a foul and the ref still did nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

mosstin wrote: »
    Showed the bottle some of us doubted they had at times. Great 3 points.

We were absolutely bottling the **** out of that in the last 10 minutes.

Got away with persistent stupidity and wastefulness on the break.

It is ever thus against these kinds of teams.

Amazed Deeney stayed on the pitch, not even getting booked in fact. Kicked at Mignolet while he was in the air, barged through Firmino in the corner spot, so much so that you could see he was resigned to giving away a foul and the ref still did nothing.

Yea, the ref facilitated it tough.....basically allowed Watford to be overly physical.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Great bottle today.

I'll forgot the lest 30 seconds.

Overall I thought the second half was handled excellently.

Credit where its due.

Delighted.

Utd don't beat Arsenal? We beat Southampton at home... It's practically done.

Shouldn't say it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

NukaCola wrote: »
    Lovren would break your heart......

Thought he was pretty good this evening actually bar chasing a 2nd goal with two minutes to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Gbear wrote: »

I'll take a 1nil win bottle job anyday

Gbear wrote: »

We weren't. We were giving up chances like you'd expect in a match of this importance - for us anyway - but we made our own and wasted them too. A nervous last 10 minutes is the norm with us, usually resulting in us conceding something pathetic. Thrilled that wasn't tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Watford not really in it thankfully because we typically invited them in for the last 25 mins. Big fat 3points and a goal to watch again and again.

Great to see Lallana back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

**** all over me underpants.

Great win, a bit of magic won it in the end

• Advertisement

Remember this picture of Can scoring a bicycle kick on his first day of training.

Br844UCIgAATbEW.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Hope that Can goal is over played like some others :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Mingolet has been immense this evening. Don't think I've ever seen him cone out and catch so many balls. If he can consistently add that to his game he'll inject a lot of confidence into the defence.

Has been immense this 3 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Has been immense this 3 months

agreed, he caught everything today too ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

If that last shot goes in it would have been classic Liverpool. Delighted in the end. Much like the West Brom result, we ground it out.

Must do it from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Sky doing their best to stir the pot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Brilliant result, if can dosnt get sorted contract wise it's a farce he's been great since Henderson has been injured. I thought we played pretty well and if we took our chances we would have won well but it happy to take a 1-0.! Fair play to mignolet too he claimed everything tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Hopefully utd do an utd and draw their way to glory against Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Never doubted the team. Although we haven't a hole in the next game or finishing the the top 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

2 more wins should do it. Great weekend of results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Mingolet has been immense this evening. Don't think I've ever seen him cone out and catch so many balls. If he can consistently add that to his game he'll inject a lot of confidence into the defence.

Is he clanger-free since he replaced Karius? Pretty much I think. I think he must have a word to himself and psyched himself up and is now a lot more commanding. Deserves credit.

Overall though, Watford only started playing from 60 or 65 mins on and we looked very jittery at the back in the last 10 mins. As often said here we need a commanding CB too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The kick in the balls could come at any time with this team.
    It's not like that's the hard fixture and now it's plain sailing.

With that said, that's a ****ing massive result.

Whatever about pissing our pants in the last 10 minutes we did turn up today and we got the points and that's the main thing.

2 wins should do it now, no matter what everyone else does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Great result, delighted.

Criticise the performance all you want, these were games we have lost before and they worked hard and got the win.

Top 4 is within our grasp now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Seems a bit ridiculous to be calling a 1-0 win against Watford "epic" but that is an epic win. Huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I see the ususal misers have gone missing after a great win.

Mingers and the two centre halfs were excellent today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

tinpib wrote: »
    Is he clanger-free since he replaced Karius? Pretty much I think. I think he must have a word to himself and psyched himself up and is now a lot more commanding. Deserves credit.

Overall though, Watford only started playing from 60 or 65 mins on and we looked very jittery at the back in the last 10 mins. As often said here we need a commanding CB too.

Free kick against Chelsea.

Next game after that he spills a corner for Hull's first goal

Can said it himself there "we are sometimes too scared when the opponent's have a set piece."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Mignolet was great again but he seems to kick the ball out of play from a goalkick in every bloody game. Does he have a quota to fill or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mignolet was great again but he seems to kick the ball out of play from a goalkick in every bloody game. Does he have a quota to fill or what?

Joey Barton bets he does :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Arsenal under a lot of pressure to beat United and that suits us. Spurs playing Friday can close to within 1 of Chelsea. Middlebrough in last chance saloon, they need a training ground exercise away to Chelsea. It would be foolish not to play 10 in their box for 90 mins.
    Have to beat Southampton to land a blow before Arsenal kickoff against United.

Can said it himself there "we are sometimes too scared when the opponent's have a set piece."

that is not good if the players are thinking it... mentality issue.... maybe we need a more commanding keeper or center backs ??

Arsenal under a lot of pressure to beat United and that suits us. Spurs playing Friday can close to within 1 of Chelsea. Middlebrough in last chance saloon, they need a training ground exercise away to Chelsea. It would be foolish not to play 10 in their box for 90 mins.

i cant see Arsenal beating utd... they dont have any bottle at all.. i'd take a draw now...

we need to beat Southampton 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

If we win that game that might do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Everyone here realises we will fcuk it up tomorror right

Are you not around tonight?

A front 6 like this could be possible for next week, looks a big improvement on what we started today
    Coutinho-Sturridge-Firmino

Lallana-Can-Wijnaldum

• Advertisement

Mig has been doing well to be fair to him. Still think he's a liability waiting to happen but I'll be glad to be proved wrong each game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

stoke,west brom,watford, 3 away wins in a row i really could never have predicted

Hopefully Watford turn up against City last game of the season, suddenly we're in a nice fight for third place.

In 2013/14 Liverpool lost just 2 home games - Chelsea (ugh) and Southampton during the season. I was at both.
    I hate to report that I'll be there on Sunday. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Just wanna say how good Mig was as well.

Some outstanding catches under pressure.

Lalanna as well. Impressive.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement