Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

C-xa_BIXcAARjMN.jpg:small

"It isn't serious" lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That's a gorgeous bus to be fair. Must be an Italian make from '06.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Said couple weeks back if we win our remaining games we'll finish top 4, that's one down with 3 to go.

Top 3 is even within our reach. I reckon if we win our remaining 3 3rd would be ours also. Given our disasterous January it would be job well done if we snatched 3rd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lucas Leiva assists 3
    Paul Pogba assists 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

So ive just heard that champions league playoffs are no longer seeded. So we could have a tough playoff game if we finish 4th. We need to capitalise and finish 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Delighted with the result, but still issues with the method if you ask me.
    We were a goal up (obviously). We still had centre halves chasing balls and attacking in the last few minutes. Any ideas why?? Both klavan, and Lovren chasing lost causes, Matip carrying and shooting from inside the box, 3 centre backs up for a corner, which was kicked into the goalkeepers hands.
    It's lunatic stuff, game management has to improve.
    Delighted for Can, seems a good lad, and gets a hard time here at times.

Delighted with that result. Really thought it was going to be points dropped.

Can has delivered the goods the past few months. Can't remember seeing many better strikes than that in all my time following liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

mada999 wrote: »
    i cant see Arsenal beating utd... they dont have any bottle at all.. i'd take a draw now...

we need to beat Southampton 100%

They are playing the biggest bottlers in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The Watford fans when Can scored :D

sxxyn3t.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Only the 3rd time that picture has been posted.

It's the new Kate Cohen article.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    Only the 3rd time that picture has been posted.

It's the new Kate Cohen article.

Posted in this thread? Didn't see it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I wish you'd all take each other off the ignore function ;}

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

If we post it five times, do we get to keep it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    If we post it five times, do we get to keep it?

Yeah but don't let Baros near it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Looking at the table -

You'd have to call top 4 for Liverpool. United away to Arsenal and Spurs next..? Would be a monumental f*ck-up to miss out on a CL spot now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Mingolet has been immense this evening. Don't think I've ever seen him cone out and catch so many balls. If he can consistently add that to his game he'll inject a lot of confidence into the defence.

You would expect him to come and catch those in any event. That's part of his job! He was under no real pressure. He is of average ability, certainly far from "immense" in any aspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Another win and another near heart attack.
    Great to have Lallana back. Team looked more composed for longer spells albeit against a side already on the beach. Keep it going Mig!
    Gotta keep the pressure on City and hopefully add to our gaol difference. Feeling bullish about third place.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Lacked a bit of cutting edge today, Clyne, Gini needed to do a bit more I thought. Felt Sturridge should have been on for Origi a bit earlier. He seemed to slow the play a bit, nothing too bad, just seeming to take two touches, Mane constantlly seems to try flicks or give and go's and I think we miss that.

chicorytip wrote: »
    You would expect him to come and catch those in any event. That's part of his job! He was under no real pressure. He is of average ability, certainly far from "immense" in any aspect.

In fairness he is a great shop stopper, and I don't think there is anyone better at one on one's. It's the easy stuff he finds difficult so thats why he deserves credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

That picture is missing Jose in it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sturridge looked sharp when he came on.
    40 million or keep him. He's part of the furniture in that he uses it a lot.

Ardent wrote: »
    Looking at the table -

You'd have to call top 4 for Liverpool. United away to Arsenal and Spurs next..? Would be a monumental f*ck-up to miss out on a CL spot now.

Depends on other teams results really as well as our own. Utd could win all remaining games (probably not but could). It'd be great to go into the last game of the season with 4th sewn up and 3rd in our own hands as well.

Depends on other teams results really as well as our own. Utd could win all remaining games (probably not but could). It'd be great to go into the last game of the season with 4th sewn up and 3rd in our own hands as well.

Huge opportunitity on Sunday morning to go 7 points clear of utd.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Huge opportunitity on Sunday morning to go 7 points clear of utd.

Yep. A draw for them on Sunday, a penalties semi final defeat to Celta Vigo then a defeat to Spurs for them is dream territory for us.

Still plenty of work for us to do though.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Yep. A draw for them on Sunday, a penalties semi final defeat to Celta Vigo then a defeat to Spurs for them is dream territory for us.

... With Aspas scoring the winner in the last minute... From a corner

• Advertisement

Apparently Liverpool did the goal of the season vote last week. Can is getting robbed :pac:

... With Aspas scoring the winner in the last minute... From a corner
    A United corner!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Lucas Leiva assists 3
    Paul Pogba assists 3

Imagine if liverpool didn't constantly compare themselves to united?

In all fairness though top will be decided on the final game of the season, same with champions.

Like could compare wayne rooney(5) to Lucas and united fans think he's done terrible same with martial with 5, but different standards i suppose.

Coutinho has all of 6 and he is your star player:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

JamboMac wrote: »

In all fairness though top will be decided on the final game of the season, same with champions.

Like could compare wayne rooney(5) to Lucas and united fans think he's done terrible same with martial with 5, but different standards i suppose.

How many games have Lucas and Coutinho missed this season though?

Sappy404 wrote: »
    How many games have Lucas and Coutinho missed this season though?

Rooney and Martial 21 apps - Coutinho 27, lucas 19.

Looks worse for Coutinho in all fairness.

That's how many league games they've played, Kind of looks **** to honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

That's 13 million well spent on Lucas and little Phil so.

Lol, you posted this in the Manchester Derby thread the other day.
    How many liverpool fan's are in here regretting selling benteke much? Plus Klopp the flop, better in ads then management.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Then? THAN. Fcking THAN.

Lol, you posted this in the Manchester Derby thread the other day.

Why do you think i'm here, kinda of proves you where there too, no.

Ah the irony of trying to be smart ass only to out yourself, well done.

Plus that was match day thread which wasn't against liverpool but yet lot's of liverpool supporter's in there.:pac:

I need a laugh but, some of the deluded posters in here.

Plus that was match day thread which wasn't against liverpool but yet lot's of liverpool supporter's in there.:pac:

Yeah forgot you could only watch football matches if the team you support is playing:rolleyes:

What interest would a Liverpool fan have in a match between the two teams closest to them in the table.

Yeah forgot you could only watch football matches if the team you support is playing:rolleyes:

What interest would a Liverpool fan have in a match between the two teams closest to them in the table.

Really cos you weren't allowed slag them when they where in that thread.

I have no problem with people being in threads, but if they start giving grief they have to take it aswell and can't act like 5 year old when get slagged.

Problem is those people only wanted to troll but wanted to be invincible, not gonna claim klopp the flop is the greatest slagging in the world but they got offended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

I could never aim to come 4th, to have a run in Europe rather than win it. When did it happen, at what point in history did Liverpool become a club aiming to just compete, not win. It happened at some point, and then the fans were conditioned to see it as normal.
    I can never see it though, I never will. I really think we have to aim to win league next year, we are so close, even this year was our year but for some very strange results.
    A good season next season is a League and CL double.

I really wish there was an unthank button altogether or something similar so I wouldn't have to reply to cock a hoop posts like this one and the ones last month that stated Sanchez wouldn't get into our starting 11 to say they are cock a hoop!! :pac:

A league and champion's league double is the only scenario that you would consider a good season next season?? That's not even a great season to you no? Sure while we are at it we may aswell throw in all the domestic cups and let's try to beat Chicago Fire in the final of the world cup too!! :D

As for when did our expectations change....well, I have never experienced a league win as a pool fan and stopped "expecting" to win the league every season when I was about 12, I don't know if this helps answer your question tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Lots of deluded posters in here says your man comparing our defensive midfielder Lucas purchased for I dunno, less than 5 million, to two of the most expensive teenage strikers ever purchased in the premier league! :rolleyes: (Before you correct me, Martial may have been 20 but the point still stands)
    Keep trying buddy! But I do appreciate the laugh you gave me with those posts, I needed that after work! :) Got any other gems tucked away that you wanna leave with us before you go??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Short memories...

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/855708074098573316?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The real delusion is the argument that utd should be challenging for the title if all those draws were wins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Woke up still buzzing after that win.

Shocking game with just a few moments of genuine quality - as well as Can's absolute wonder strike (our goal of the season or is that still reserved for Henderson at Chelsea?), there was Mignolet's world class save from Capoue (made even better by the ref giving a goal kick...) and Lallana's long range strike.

Delighted to see Lallana back on the pitch and if Coutinho's injury isn't serious, as he said on Instagram, then we are in good shape for the next few games.

Some good individual performances - Lallana and Can lively, Lovren and Matip good for the most part, Migs too - but I feel like a better side than Watford would have punished us for sitting so deep later on in the game. Not a major complaint - at this stage of the season I'll happily take a few eye-bleeding 1-0s - but hopefully we don't repeat it against Southampton.

For the next game, I'd like Origi benched for Sturridge or Lallana if he's fit enough to play. Origi has offered nothing the last few games, slows us down, etc. He's a talented lad but he just isn't in form at the minute and we can't afford that when a draw or a win could be the difference between 3rd, 4th or 5th...

As an aside - the ref had an absolute stinker last night. Off the top of my head, there was about 5 or 6 simple decisions that were blatantly wrong. And I'm talking offsides, corners and throws, not a tackle that's open to interpretation or anything like that. Now, they all seemed to go our way but I still couldn't help but notice how poor a performance it was from the officials. Roles reversed and I'd be unhappy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Well, there's no better team out there to get results when not playing. You just need to believe and clap your toes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

mormank wrote: »
    I really wish there was an unthank button altogether or something similar so I wouldn't have to reply to cock a hoop posts like this one and the ones last month that stated Sanchez wouldn't get into our starting 11 to say they are cock a hoop!! :pac:

A league and champion's league double is the only scenario that you would consider a good season next season?? That's not even a great season to you no? Sure while we are at it we may aswell throw in all the domestic cups and let's try to beat Chicago Fire in the final of the world cup too!! :D

As for when did our expectations change....well, I have never experienced a league win as a pool fan and stopped "expecting" to win the league every season when I was about 12, I don't know if this helps answer your question tho.

To be fair he never said a leauge and CL double would be the ONLY senario to warrant us having a good season, he's right in what he said, we should be out to win the league every year, the lower leagues are littered with once great clubs, Forest, Villa etc that lowered their expectations year after year.
    It's a slippery slope and no club is immune to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

As an aside - the ref had an absolute stinker last night. Off the top of my head, there was about 5 or 6 simple decisions that were blatantly wrong. And I'm talking offsides, corners and throws, not a tackle that's open to interpretation or anything like that. Now, they all seemed to go our way but I still couldn't help but notice how poor a performance it was from the officials. Roles reversed and I'd be unhappy.

Thought it was a foul on Cout that injured him. Also thought there was a blatant shove in a similar area in the first half we should have had.

Agree on the offsides though.

Overall I don't think there was huge amount into it.

Deeney had a couple of smashes and a blatant trip on Mignolet which could easily have gotten a yellow or higher as well.

To be fair he never said a leauge and CL double would be the ONLY senario to warrant us having a good season, he's right in what he said, we should be out to win the league every year, the lower leagues are littered with once great clubs, Forest, Villa etc that lowered their expectations year after year.
    It's a slippery slope and no club is immune to it.

You have to be living in the real world though. One challenge for the league in 10 years. Liverpool are no where winning the league in fact to be ahead of city and utd is massive in terms of where the clubs are. CL qualification is so important as its a big lure for clubs and maybe then Liverpool can start to get back to the very top. It's going take time though and we can't go freaking out after every few bad results.

noodler wrote: »
    Thought it was a foul on Cout that injured him. Also thought there was a blatant shove in a similar area in the first half we should have had.

Agree on the offsides though.

Overall I don't think there was huge amount into it.

Deeney had a couple of smashes and a blatant trip on Mignolet which could easily have gotten a yellow or higher as well.

4 and a half minutes of injury time annoyed me, there was hardly a stoppage in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Thats it Can! Do your talking out on the pitch. He can now come back to the table with a goal of the season and say..."pay me what i'm worth"!! Sign him up !! His knee slide alone is worth 100k a week.
    Solid performance last night. Great to see Ming catching practically everything. We badly need to keep Lucas for next season as well, need that experience if we're going to be fighting on four fronts. He's been doing a job for us all season and I cant really see a reason to let him go (unless he wants to leave that is!).
    If we beat southampton next I think we could secure a top four finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Thats it Can! Do your talking out on the pitch. He can now come back to the table with a goal of the season and say..."pay me what i'm worth"!! Sign him up !! His knee slide alone is worth 100k a week.
    Solid performance last night. Great to see Ming catching practically everything. We badly need to keep Lucas for next season as well, need that experience if we're going to be fighting on four fronts. He's been doing a job for us all season and I cant really see a reason to let him go (unless he wants to leave that is!).
    If we beat southampton next I think we could secure a top four finish.

I was under the impression that Can negotions were stalled because he wanted garunteed playing time opposed to an unreasonable wage demand?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I was under the impression that Can negotions were stalled because he wanted garunteed playing time opposed to an unreasonable wage demand?

I dunno, but either way lets get it done! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

emmetkenny wrote: »

You can't demand that in a contract. That's down to the player to perform well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement