Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Yawns wrote: »
    you know the drill folks, not until they're leaning!

416314.png

I'll get my coat....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

murpho999 wrote: »

If you don't have anything nice to say about people then don't say anything.

Rodgers coming across as a dickhead there to be honest.

He has a serious irrepresseable desire to be liked and that's a dangerous thing to mix with a **** sense of humour.

Tbf in the 10 minutes he got he created one of the best chances of the game for himself, took a really good save to stop him scoring.
    Balotelli struggled at Liverpool. But he is doing very well at Nice in a far better league than the SPL. So a very strange joke to make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Amazing gesture by the club and very fitting and worthy of such a legend. Delighted for King Kenny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

MD1990 wrote: »
    Balotelli struggled at Liverpool. But he is doing very well at Nice in a far better league than the SPL. So a very strange joke to make.

Wrong quote? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Gbear wrote: »

He has a serious irrepresseable desire to be liked and that's a dangerous thing to mix with a **** sense of humour.

Thats funny in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I've only just found this, but I'd be happy for us to pay any price for Van Dijk now.

article-2604681-1D1DAB4700000578-12_634x346.jpg

What an absolutely mesmerising Dutch bridge lean that is. Both hands in use, enchanting gaze and adorned by a leather jacket. Fcuking. Majestic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Jaysus, it was a throwaway crowd-pleasing joke. I wouldn't dwell on it or pay it any heed.

martyos121 wrote: »
    I've only just found this, but I'd be happy for us to pay any price for Van Dijk now.

article-2604681-1D1DAB4700000578-12_634x346.jpg

What an absolutely mesmerising Dutch bridge lean that is. Both hands in use, enchanting gaze and adorned by a leather jacket. Fcuking. Majestic.
    Don't mean to sound too harsh.
    But this joke has been run into the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I've been waiting for this news for years, absolutely delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Ah go away out of that, he was just joking and it was funny.

We all know that Iago Aspas is the best player he has coached.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Also, regarding Fabregas, I wouldn't touch him, he's a lazy player as witnessed last season at Chelsea.

He does not suit Klopp's game style at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

5starpool wrote: »
    He's the new Martial.

Aka the new Welbeck.

Don't mean to sound too harsh.
    But this joke has been run into the ground.

So has pretty much every other joke ever used in this thread, in fact that's so true that there's even a list of them. So yeah, it is being harsh actually.

I tend to roll my eyes when I see any mention of the Kate Cohen article for example, but I don't tell people not to keep posting about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

On Aspas, it's actually a real shame we couldn't get things to click with him. Aside from the obvious moment, he usually looked very sharp and clever when he had his few cameos with us. Great for the little one-touch reverse passes, and as we've seen, he can clearly score goals.

Maybe when a player does great somewhere, fails with you, then does great again after, the fault might not be entirely with the player.

Hopefully the two ex-players of Utds greatest rivals can keep their form going and cause a bit of an upset on Thursday anyway. The Aspas and Guidetti show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    On Aspas, it's actually a real shame we couldn't get things to click with him. Aside from the obvious moment, he usually looked very sharp and clever when he had his few cameos with us. Great for the little one-touch reverse passes, and as we've seen, he can clearly score goals.

Maybe when a player does great somewhere, fails with you, then does great again after, the fault might not be entirely with the player.

Hopefully the two ex-players of Utds greatest rivals can keep their form going and cause a bit of an upset on Thursday anyway. The Aspas and Guidetti show!

He also had to compete with Suarez and Sturridge being in awesome form with no extra European games for him to get more minutes to impress.....

Leon Goretzka of Schalke has stalled contract talks. His expires next year. Talks that us, Bayern and Arsenal all interested. Seems a talent anytime I've seen him.

Aspas was one of our best players in pre-season too the year we signed him. If he had stayed for 14/15, that season could have gone a hell of a lot better and he might still be at the club. As Nuka said, having arguably the best striking partnership in Europe at the time with so few games to play did him no favours.

Still though, that corner was absolutely unforgivable and it's what nearly every Liverpool fan will remember him for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

NukaCola wrote: »
    He also had to compete with Suarez and Sturridge being in awesome form with no extra European games for him to get more minutes to impress.....

Was also a transfer committee signing which didn't help his chances under 'The Rodgers'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I remember that pre-season well. He was one of the first on my fantasy football team after that, I think.

NukaCola wrote: »

Yeah, totally, but maybe just shipping him straight back out (on a free loan) wasn't the best move. Could have easily given him a second season, especially with Suarez being gone the following year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Aspas was never going to cut in the premier league. The football is too fast and physical for him, he isnt up to it. Spain suits him just fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Was also a transfer committee signing which didn't help his chances under 'The Rodgers'.

Indeed, should have dropped Suarez to accommodate aspas.

Mario probably reckons he's better than Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Aspas was/is? Too small for the league. The lad looked like a jockey he was so small the season with us. Delighted he's doing well though, tried his best here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

And yet in the very next sentence you refer to Rodgers as a dickhead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

LiamoSail wrote: »
    And yet in the very next sentence you refer to Rodgers as a dickhead.

Well he was acting like a dickhead.

It was a propos.

klose wrote: »
    Aspas was/is? Too small for the league. The lad looked like a jockey he was so small the season with us. Delighted he's doing well though, tried his best here.

I'm never too sure about this as an argument... it sort of ignores the number of dwarves who have been very successful in the premiership, and also assumes an impossibility of physical change. He may have been too small when he arrived, but that doesn't mean he's too small full stop.

The difference in Sterling, for instance, with just a few months of weights was remarkable.

Also, plenty of players take a season to get up to speed with the league, and become far more effective in their second season.

I'm sure there were reasons the club didn't keep him for a second season, but I can't see that size excuse being one of them. Shame though, the way things turned out, we could really have used him, as our options up front were horrendous. Sturridge out for most of the year, Suarez gone, leaving Balotelli, Lambert and Borini as our choices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Mario can go bollocks tbh.

Laziest, most worthless, no try excuse for a player I've ever seen wearing a Liverpool shirt.

Rodgers probably had a few and didn't think he'd be filmed but I wouldn't blame him for not being a Mario fan considering he took a massive leap of faith in him that was in no way repaid.

Mario had a swipe at Rodgers ages ago didn't he? He said Rodgers was his worst boss in football or something similar back in November I think. I thought it was a nice cheeky dig at Mario from Rodgers and overall a fairly tame effort. Anyway, Mario was a waster for us so he deserves the stick he gets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Aspas is a terrible player, he'll never score against Utd.

Never.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I came across a Facebook video today showing how we lack penetration, with there being no movement from forward players to show for the ball or move a defender out of position to allow for another player to run into space. Origi doesn't come out well from it.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=115783972322031&id=103799900187105

• Advertisement

I came across a Facebook video today showing how we lack penetration, with there being no movement from forward players to show for the ball or move a defender out of position to allow for another player to run into space. Origi doesn't come out well from it.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=115783972322031&id=103799900187105

Well, theres one player we could call that has all the movement we need!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Yeah. Aspas just didnt have the spatial awareness and anticipation. He couldnt keep a hold of the ball. Consider Zola then in contrast - he was tiny too, but he could keep the ball something beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Yeah. Aspas just didnt have the spatial awareness and anticipation. He couldnt keep a hold of the ball. Consider Zola then in contrast - he was tiny too, but he could keep the ball something beautiful.

Saying that, fourth highest scorer in la liga with 17 so must be doing something right.

Happy for the lad.

If I'd have known what we would be stuck with when Suarez left then I'd have kept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Unwarranted faith in Storage really has hurt Liverpool in recent seasons, it's a good reason to get rid - if he's not there he can't be part of any plans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Unwarranted faith in Storage really has hurt Liverpool in recent seasons, it's a good reason to get rid - if he's not there he can't be part of any plans.
    Freudian slip?:pac:

• Advertisement

Origi will quite likely get a goal or two if he plays the next 3 games.

Well he was acting like a dickhead.

It was a propos.

If you think he was acting the dick then say that. No need to dress it up with an irrelevant, contradicting saying.

Brendan Rodgers deserves far more respect from Liverpool fans than he gets. No Liverpool manager has taken the club closer to the title than Rodgers, and that includes Kop legends. Added to that, his spell in charge, while ultimately failing, was bookended by successful spells at other clubs, proving he does at least have something about him

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Freudian slip?:pac:

Harry seems to use a smartphone. Mind blown! I thought he'd have been a feature phone at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

LiamoSail wrote: »
    No Liverpool manager has taken the club closer to the title than Rodgers, and that includes Kop legends.

Have you forgotten that we've actually won The Title 18 times?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

We're not Spurs, nothing to celebrate in coming close to a title. Rodgers was given plenty of time based on that season and showed countless times that he wasn't up for the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

As they were played in black and white they no longer count!

The context was onviously within the PL period, but if you chose to argue the point on semantics, it kind of says it all about your point. Any reason at all not to credit Rodgers

We're not Spurs, nothing to celebrate in coming close to a title. Rodgers was given plenty of time based on that season and showed countless times that he wasn't up for the job.

I absolutely agree, but he was closer to it than any other manager has been IN THE PL, so at least deserves the respect others are afforded who didn't come as close

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Rodgers took us to within 2 points of the title with the most exhilarating league season we've witnessed in the last 25 years (albeit not the highest points total). We don't hire managers for personality. I'm not Rodgers biggest fan in terms of listening to him talk, but his Balotelli quip was fairly funny, as was Balotelli's response imo. He was ultimately a failure at Liverpool, as were many others in recent years sadly.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement