Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

corwill wrote: »
    Just need Graham Hunter to definitively rule it out, and we can commence the group cry.

I think a candlelight vigil is the correct course of action here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

[something about t-shirts or internet terrorists here]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,039 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Balague say Barca have no interest in Coutinho.

So long and farewell goodbye Philippe and thanks for the memories.

He'll have another one out in five minutes saying they're pulling up trees to get him in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

[something about t-shirts or internet terrorists here]

Too soon Harry, Rojo and Ibrahimovic ain't even cold in the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

MD1990 wrote: »
    Rodgers getting carried away again.

I think he is a very good coach but he really needs to stop talking at times.

C_DoYZlXsAAlnx8.jpg:large

Honestly can't listen to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Honestly can't listen to him.

I can't even read him, imagine Klopp with his teeth fixed dazzling white and fake tan etc

sword1 wrote: »
    I can't even read him, imagine Klopp with his teeth fixed dazzling white and fake tan etc

To be fair, Klopp does have hair plugs...

I dunno.. i've a soft spot for Rodgers personality. It's very vulnerable. He just desperately wants to be liked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I see brandt has turned down a move to bayern munich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

You could have a fairly easy go of it confusing people with random bits of guff and seeing if people could tell whether Klopp or Bren said them.

Klopp has an easy manner of speaking and a natural charisma.
    Brendan looks like he's approached it from a fake it until you make it point of view.

That's the difference in their waffle.

Klopp could say any ould ****e and hold me spellbound while Rodgers could speak the most mundane platitudes and I'd be reaching for a sickbag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Brendan needs a PR guy or some filter between his brain and mouth.

Under it all I think he's a decent guy that tries his best. Some of the things he says are cringe but people really jump on him for any old thing he said or does. Anyway, he's doing a good job at Celtic, I bet their fans dont care one bit what he says, just like I didn't when we were playing well when he was with LFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

ricero wrote: »

I'd rather Douglas Costa at Anfield. Hopefully Bayern go for another left winger so Costa is free to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

ricero wrote: »

Someone more in the know than I am i.e. most folk, please sell the idea of Brandt to me. About 30 (incl. sub) appearances, 3 goals, 6 assists. I know he's pacy but for the money mentioned it seems as if we're gambling on potential with him a la Markovic, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I assumed you were a Liverpool fan??

I am I guess but I didn't think I was as bad as the Chelsea fans towards Rafa... Just can't warm to Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why are lads bothered by Rodgers' quotes that relate to his time at Celtic?

He's never sad anything bad about Liverpool and I don't see why people would be annoyed about what he said above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If the big teams raid Spurs in the summer we could do worse than trying to get Son and reuniting him with Firmino.

• Advertisement

West Ham result is good for us as they are now safe from relegation and should have nothing to play for really when they meet us.

If the big teams raid Spurs in the summer we could do worse than trying to get Son and reuniting him with Firmino.

Why would this happen as Spurs are now a big team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Would be a bit surprised to see this go ahead - at least if the intention is for it to make money.

Would love to see the club actively take a hit on it, and simply do it to get more locals into the ground, though that's terribly unlikely.

But it's only really going to generate an extra 5 or so million a year (presuming they're mostly normal tickets, rather than corporate, as behind the goal isn't usually corporate territory). And the extra cost of infrastructure for road/rail would be huge.

With a bit of luck, the club and city can work together to make it happen for the benefit of the city and local area, rather than for profit. TV money has gone so nuts that frankly, they can afford it, and now's the time to do it.

Admirable as that idea is football is now a business and of we want to win trophies we need to extract every £ possible in revenue so the max budget possible is available to be invested in players. That doesn't mean there can't be some affordable tickets for locals who couldn't otherwise afford to go to games but there's a tricky trade off which needs to be managed carefully.

murpho999 wrote: »

In terms of performances and finishing position they are, but they still don't offer the wages of others. All of Chelsea, City, Utd, and Arsenal pay at least 50% more in wages.

Spurs will need to either spend more, or be seen as a stepping stone.

Firmino played with Hoff, Son played at Leverkusen.

That aside I was an advocate of buying both in 2014 (under my old regime), I really like Son's quick football wit and invention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

West Ham result is good for us as they are now safe from relegation and should have nothing to play for really when they meet us.

They were decent tonight but yeah I hope that's the big win out of their system and they kinda down tools after this weekend.

So you think Spurs are up there with Barca, Madrid & Bayern who will be all rebuilding in the summer and have been linked to Spurs players and manager.

Then throw in the PSG, utd, City & Chelsea money.

Arsenal, BVB and Atletico Madrid would come next

Spurs

The us a level below those.

I think murpho was being sarcastic........I'm not sure anymore though....

Firmino played with Hoff, Son played at Leverkusen.

That aside I was an advocate of buying both in 2014 (under my old regime), I really like Son's quick football wit and invention.

It was Can he played with D'oh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Ah, put me in mind of this.

"Trent broke her neck with a sickening karate chop that probably would of even killed a man or any animal you can think of, a lion easily. not an elephant lets not be silly but it was a hard chop."

So you think Spurs are up there with Barca, Madrid & Bayern who will be all rebuilding in the summer and have been linked to Spurs players and manager.

Then throw in the PSG, utd, City & Chelsea money.

Arsenal, BVB and Atletico Madrid would come next

Spurs

The us a level below those.

That's not what you said.

You were talking about us reuniting Son with Firmino. So now you're putting us on the same level as Barcelona and Madrid & Bayern.

Spurs are more than capable of paying the same wages as us so I don't see any Spurs players joining us unless for personal reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Happy West Ham won, I had imagined them losing tonight sacking bilic just before playing us and the usual upturn in performance from a team who's manager had just been sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I was hoping for a Spurs win, My thinking was that they be still in a title race when facing Utd.

As for our game against the Hammers, Well they be just happy to take points off a Big club, whatever the circumstances.

That's not what you said.

You were talking about us reuniting Son with Firmino. So now you're putting us on the same level as Barcelona and Madrid & Bayern.

Spurs are more than capable of paying the same wages as us so I don't see any Spurs players joining us unless for personal reasons.

No what I said was if the big boys pick Spurs apart this summer we could do worse than trying for Son. Then you replied Spurs are now one of one big guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I was hoping for a Spurs win, My thinking was that they be still in a title race when facing Utd.

As for our game against the Hammers, Well they be just happy to take points off a Big club, whatever the circumstances.

I think, given the likelihood of Spurs suffering a nose bleed at the business end of a title race, I'd rather them be out of the title race and the pressure off when facing United. More chance of Spurs winning when not under pressure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I think, given the likelihood of Spurs suffering a nose bleed at the business end of a title race, I'd rather them be out of the title race and the pressure off when facing United. More chance of Spurs winning when not under pressure

It's their last game at the Old WHL so they'll probably want to go out on a high.

Can see Utd beating spurs & arsenal, arsenal are woeful and spurs will be on holidays. Going out on a high is a nice idea but spurs don't perform on tap and if Utd need to win I reckon Jose will eek out the 3 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

It's their last game at the Old WHL so they'll probably want to go out on a high.
    A high for who though?:P

Be nice to have another weekend like the last one in terms of results!

There is something wrong in the world when I want a Big Sam team to get a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

We win all our remaining games and Spurs lose all of theirs and we finish 2nd :p

Hard to see City losing, any result is at least okay re Arsenal v Man Utd but a 0-0 draw and several straight reds would be lovely jubley.

On this day 40 years ago....

Liverpool signed Alan Hansen

8 leagues
    3 European cups
    2 FA cups
    3 league cups

and one of the greatest players the club has ever had.

:)

• Advertisement

I hope there's a mass brawl in manu v Arsenal game.

Flying headbutts, headlocks the full works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

There'll be a noticeable lack of elbows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    I hope there's a mass brawl in manu v Arsenal game.

Flying headbutts, headlocks the full works.

Wenger to poke Rui Faria in the eye.

corwill wrote: »
    Wenger to poke Rui Faria in the eye.

What kind of an animal would do that?.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

On this day 40 years ago....

Liverpool signed Alan Hansen

8 leagues
    3 European cups
    2 FA cups
    3 league cups

and one of the greatest players the club has ever had.

:)
    For £100,000 as well.

For £100,000 as well.

A week's wages for Lovren.

A fair comparison.

• Advertisement

Reading about Can playing with that calf injury for the last 8 months the club really need to sort his contract out very soon.

That's the kind of player you want at your club.

A week's wages for Lovren.

A fair comparison.

:pac:

I see Crystal Palace, having played all their finals are barely walking to defeat, never mind running.

L'Equipe are saying we have enquired about Lucas Moura.

We really want to turn into Brazilpool :)

Moura & Costa now that would be two great signings in the forward line.

Sign all the.....cast off's from bigger teams.

Wait - is any team big enough to accommodate two Lucas'?

Sign all the.....cast off's from bigger teams.

Wait - is any team big enough to accommodate two Lucas'?

One is just called Boss and the new one can keep his name.:P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement