Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

http://www.planetfootball.com/quizzes/can-name-every-goalkeeper-play-liverpool-premier-league/

Try to name every keeper to have played for us in the PL.

If anyone wants to kill a few minutes - few names I'm glad to have forgotten in here!!

EDIT:

This one too - every number 9 of the PL era. Some great. Some not so great...

http://www.planetfootball.com/quizzes/can-name-every-player-wear-number-nine-liverpool-prem/

I see Crystal Palace, having played all their finals are barely walking to defeat, never mind running.

City 2 nil up, if it finishes like that they go into 3rd above us with 1 goal superior GD.

Utd 4pts behind is good, even with the game in hand they have, so glad they didn't hold on to their lead last week and win that game.

Augeo wrote: »
    City 2 nil up, if it finishes like that they go into 3rd above us with 1 goal superior GD.

Utd 4pts behind is good, even with the game in hand they have, so glad they didn't hold on to their lead last week and win that game.

3-0 now. Palace don't look bothered either. City can do their goal difference a real favour today if they keep going.

If Sané had controlled a few long balls better earlier they would've had a few more already.

Can see this ending 5 or 6-0 easily enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

So ehh Ray Clemence never played for Liverpool according to that:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Premier League (before which football was like the surface of the moon)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Charlie19 wrote: »

In fairness, its a 5 min quiz and the title of it is "Can you name every goalkeeper to play for Liverpool in the Premier League?" If it was every goal keeper ever to play it would be a too difficult and long to complete.

I see

Charlie19 wrote: »

Yep. Ray Clemence who left Liverpool in 1981 definitely never played for Liverpool post-1992.

The clue was in the title. Or y'know, the date parameter clues.

Feck it 4-0, still Liverpool know what they have to do and maybe such a victory for City will help keep them focused

Feck it 4-0, still Liverpool know what they have to do and maybe such a victory for City will help keep them focused

Both City and Palace look a different beast today than the last few weeks.

With Leicester, West Brom and Watford in their final 3 games, two of which are in Manchester, I don't see City dropping another point. They'll probably score for fun too like they did at the start of the season.

I think it was said in the general PL thread but their front 6 is as good as anyone in the league. Sané, Sterling, Silva, de Bruyne and Jesus are just brilliant when they click.

A year of growth and development and they'll be even better next season. If Pep adds the right full backs then I'd expect a vastly improved City next season.

• Advertisement

.......... now that we are here, S'ton, W Ham & M'boro doesn't look so easy a run in tbh.

........ City ....... look a different beast today than the last few weeks.
    ............. Jesus ...........

The injury to Jesus effected them almost as badly as us missing Mane IMO

Augeo wrote: »
    .......... now that we are here, S'ton, W Ham & M'boro doesn't look so easy a run in tbh.

It's hard to judge.

Southampton - we've played three times and scored zero this season, obviously a worry that Puel knows how to shut us out. They have some talented players who could punish any team but they're also missing a few. Some suggestion that they are out of form but the results aren't all too surprising - defeats to City and Chelsea are nothing to be ashamed of for Southampton and a draw with Hull isn't bad when you consider what Hull have managed since Christmas.

West Ham - could almost copy and paste that. Superb one week (like last night against Spurs) and shocking the next. Bilic seems to be fighting for his job so will be really motivating the side and some of those players - Lanzini for e.g. - look quite dangerous of late. But at the same time, mid table, little to play for, unpredictable form, etc.

'Boro - ****e and probably relegated by the time we play them. But solid in defence and exactly the kind of team we struggle against this season. I know we battered them earlier this year but...

To put it simply - no result would surprise me in these games. We know exactly what we need to do and we can hope for results going our way elsewhere over the next few games too but, ultimately, it's down to us and we have to capitalise on our decent form over the season to date.

If I was to make one prediction, it is that these will not be entertaining games. Sluggish, slow and tough to watch I reckon.

Mane is such a huge loss for us........... I fear we might miss him bigtime over the next 3 games :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Win tomorrow and i feel top 4 is ours

ricero wrote: »
    Win tomorrow and i feel top 4 is ours

Depends what happens in the Utd game afterwards IMO....... 3 points for us tomorrow would be a help of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Carragher's son signed a pro contract with Wigan.

3 points for us and a draw in the United-arsenal game would give us a huge advantage.

Arsenal would be 11 behind with 4 to play, United 6 behind with 3 to play. Wouldn't be cut and dry by any stretch but it would be a big boost.

But, I could drive myself mad with all these ifs and buts over the next few weeks. Gets to this stage and I just want to simulate the final few weeks and see how it ended...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Michael Owen made his debut 20 years ago today coming on as a sub.

• Advertisement

Crystal Palace.......just when I thought I couldn't dislike them any more........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

NukaCola wrote: »
    Crystal Palace.......just when I thought I couldn't dislike them any more........

Nothing to do with Palace. City went a goal up and scored four more.
    We went a goal up and.... didn't.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Nothing to do with Palace. City went a goal up and scored four more.
    We went a goal up and.... didn't.

They went with a back 5 or something similar for the first time now that they have some breathing room, got immediately picked off and spent the rest of the game jogging round getting spanked......ultimately we have ourselves to blame but I wouldn't agree it was nothing to do with Palace, they were ****e and performance wise a huge drop over previous weeks...

Keita plays for RB Leipzig at 5.30 against Berlin, Allan on the bench which is a pity, that would have been an interesting match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Just have to laugh at United fans still living off of 3 years ago lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Jose really has done a job on then in fairness. They won't hear a word against him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,660 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

NukaCola wrote: »

Yep GD wiped out and City buoyed .
    Poor day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I think we will have at least one game that goes our way before the end of the season. One game where every chance is a goal, a game we win by 3 plus goals.
    City are looking to get a greater GD, we need to respond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Cant see City dropping a point, today was their hardest game in this run in and Palace never bothered to turn up. City will be 3rd now so Liverpool just have to match United's results now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Cant see City dropping a point, today was their hardest game in this run in and Palace never bothered to turn up. City will be 3rd now so Liverpool just have to match United's results now

I think most would have expected them to beat Middlesbrough last week but it didn't happen. It's an unpredictable league...strange results happen all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We will finish all square if we win our three. They declared a GD war on us today and we need to retaliate with vengeance.
    City have only won 3 of their last 9, we have won 6 of our last nine. Need a few goals tomorrow to make us favourites for 3rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

We will finish all square if we win our three. They declared a GD war on us today and we need to retaliate with vengeance.
    City have only won 3 of their last 9, we have won 6 of our last nine. Need a few goals tomorrow to make us favourites for 3rd.

Agree 100% with this. It's a 3 game shoot out. Win all three with a 2 goal winning margin and 3rd place is ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

niallo27 wrote: »
    Jose really has done a job on then in fairness. They won't hear a word against him.

Confused as to what Liverpool or Klopp have won recently?

Waiting to be enlightened.

I'd like to start with i didn't want van gaal to go and mourinho to come in but i don't make the decisions i just support my team.

Man Utd is bigger than one man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It's all a bit off fun ye all give back as good as he get and at least we don't try be sneaky about it :):)
    niallo27 wrote: »

For someone that's spends so much time in The United thread and match thread you pay no attention there are plenty of people have voiced concerns over aspects of jose and what he has done so far.

It's like just because there is no major meltdown ye think everyone thinks all is super It could be better but after the cross we have had over pad 3 years the majority of us will give him time.

He has got some things wrong but he has also got a hell of a lot right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Kouyate is out for the West Ham game next week.
    Great news as he is one of there best players.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

JamboMac wrote: »
    Confused as to what Liverpool or Klopp have won recently?

Waiting to be enlightened.

I'd like to start with i didn't want van gaal to go and mourinho to come in but i don't make the decisions i just support my team.

Man Utd is bigger than one man.

Did you change username recently? I never noticed you until recently, and now you are everywhere in here it seems.

5starpool wrote: »
    Did you change username recently? I never noticed you until recently, and now you are everywhere in here it seems.

Are you related to donald trump, don't answer the question, just dodge it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Here he is, the Salmon of Knowledge.

While asking me to answer a question you never asked me, you entirely skipped over answering my question.

Classic.

You've quickly filled the void that Mick vacated by actually turning out to be pretty sound for a utd fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

monkey9 wrote: »
    Here he is, the Salmon of Knowledge taster.

Fionn Mou Cool?

I have to watch what i say turns out some don't like banter, which if the sport was polo i would understand.

• Advertisement

Allegedly leaked 3rd kit. Not pretty.

C_LOjAyW0AEfrWY.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

All that needs is a white stripe across the middle and we'll be the first ever team of traffic cones.

Very er Dutch, is it a tribute to Dirk Kuyt on his Eredivisie triumph?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

martyos121 wrote: »
    All that needs is a white stripe across the middle and we'll be the first ever team of traffic cones.

It'll look super on Lovren while 'defending' corners.

Very er Dutch, is it a tribute to Dirk Kuyt on his Eredivisie triumph?

Psycological warfare especially if they all wear black boots and continue with the em turning.

It's a bad choice and all but still an improvement on previous third strips.

I'd say it's a fake though.

Wouldn't mind seeing a yellow one, in the same style as the home jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Agree 100% with this. It's a 3 game shoot out. Win all three with a 2 goal winning margin and 3rd place is ours.

Why by 2 goals? If you are saying that man city will win all their games so the 2 goals is for the goal difference it won't be enough cos city will get minimum +3 more towards their GD whereas if you are saying city won't win their 3 remaining games then it makes no difference how much we win by as the points alone will do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Unthank :rolleyes:.....Even if we won 5-0 tomorrow we still wouldn't be favourites for 3rd.

mormank wrote: »
    Unthank :rolleyes:.....Even if we won 5-0 tomorrow we still wouldn't be favourites for 3rd.

I'll take that please. :pac:

Will Phil start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Sure would you expect any less, 4 points off third with a game in hand but have given up already with talk of weakened teams, cause they know they aren't good enough to beat arsenal or Spurs, they obviously have to divert the attention some where else,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement