Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

mightyreds wrote: »
    Sure would you expect any less, 4 points off third with a game in hand but have given up already with talk of weakened teams, cause they know they aren't good enough to beat arsenal or Spurs, they obviously have to divert the attention some where else,

Makes it easier to rollout their party line "They didn't want top 4 anyway"!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I have to say that I wouldn't bet against Utd getting a win in the games with Arsenal or Spurs. horrible team to watch but Mourihno does know how to win these type of fixtures.

Saying that..

I'd nearly watch a Lemon party over a Utd match at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I have to say that I wouldn't bet against Utd getting a win in the games with Arsenal or Spurs. horrible team to watch but Mourihno does know how to win these type of fixtures.

Saying that..

You better hope we lose cos i can only see liverpool getting 5 points at best out of the last 3 games. You where very lucky in your last match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

JamboMac wrote: »
    You better hope we lose cos i can only see liverpool getting 5 points at best out of the last 3 games. You where very lucky in your last match.

Don't know why But I read that in a Limerick accent. :)

You're right though, I wouldn't be too confident in us finishing in the top four, the league is so unpredictable this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Don't know why But I read that in a Limerick accent. :)

You're right though, I wouldn't be too confident in us finishing in the top four, the league is so unpredictable this year.

Of all the accents in all the country:rolleyes:

:pac: Gonna need to switch avatar to plastic bag now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

mormank wrote: »
    Unthank :rolleyes:.....Even if we won 5-0 tomorrow we still wouldn't be favourites for 3rd.

I have little faith in a City team that has won only 3 of last 9. I can't see them winning 3 more games to make it 4 wins in a row.
    Leicester ,West Brom and Watford are all difficult to beat. Could come down to last game and we have what seems to be the easiest game we could wish for. A win tomorrow and some goals would be huge step, no one wants 4th if 3rd is the goal. 4th has to be treated like a failure if we win tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Are links to this guy true?
    He has a lot of power and strength in his games, reminds me of Costa.
    Would love to see him in a Liverpool shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Saying that..

2nd leg will be watched of course. I don't think they'll water the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

I have little faith in a City team that has won only 3 of last 9. I can't see them winning 3 more games to make it 4 wins in a row.
    Leicester ,West Brom and Watford are all difficult to beat. Could come down to last game and we have what seems to be the easiest game we could wish for. A win tomorrow and some goals would be huge step, no one wants 4th if 3rd is the goal. 4th has to be treated like a failure if we win tomorrow.

Oh right, so you simply meant favourites in your own head then. You should specify that cos I'm fairly certain that out here in the real world we will not be favourites with any bookies to finish top 3 over city regardless of the result tomorrow. If I am wrong please let me know. P.s. so you have no faith in a city team with their form but somehow have confidence in West Brom and Watford to cause city trouble even tho they are both in even worse form? Seriously I find it hard to keep with up with all the contradictions in your posts sometimes!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

martyos121 wrote: »
    All that needs is a white stripe across the middle and we'll be the first ever team of traffic cones.

I seem to recall that happening the last time Southampton came to Anfield.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I'd nearly watch a Lemon party over a Utd match

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

NukaCola wrote: »
    They went with a back 5 or something similar for the first time now that they have some breathing room, got immediately picked off and spent the rest of the game jogging round getting spanked......ultimately we have ourselves to blame but I wouldn't agree it was nothing to do with Palace, they were ****e and performance wise a huge drop over previous weeks...

Well, we have a reputation for not being able to break down that kind of defence and if you're coming to Anfield looking for points, then tactically that's what you're going to do - if it's a plan that works against us and doesn't work against City, they're going to use it against us and not against City. It's up to us to ensure that it doesn't work against us. We have to beat what's put in front of us and to counter whatever tactics they use against us. We didn't. City did.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Well, we have a reputation for not being able to break down that kind of defence and if you're coming to Anfield looking for points, then tactically that's what you're going to do - if it's a plan that works against us and doesn't work against City, they're going to use it against us and not against City. It's up to us to ensure that it doesn't work against us. We have to beat what's put in front of us and to counter whatever tactics they use against us. We didn't. City did.

Of course it was up to us to beat them, and we blew it. Did I say otherwise?

Crystal Palace put in a terrible performance. Getting beat wasn't the criticism, the performance was. This is a team that beat Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and narrowly lost to Spurs in the last month. We were ok on GD if Man City won, but they got spanked, their performance was woeful. To see them put in those performance and turn up on holiday mode to City is annoying. All we needed was CP not to get spanked. Not much to ask for, ultimately we can only blame ourselves but as I said just when I cant dislike them any more they go and get destroyed by City.

5starpool wrote: »
    While asking me to answer a question you never asked me, you entirely skipped over answering my question.

Classic.

You've quickly filled the void that Mick vacated by actually turning out to be pretty sound for a utd fan.

Fan-base is increasing I see :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

M!Ck^ wrote: »

I haven't a clue what he's on about, to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

JamboMac wrote: »
    You where very lucky in your last match.

Were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Were.

were

M!Ck^ wrote: »

And why wouldn't it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Hope Sturridge starts up top today

On the face of it we should be beating Southampton without too much trouble. They've only scored 39 goals and are 18 points behind us, 7 above the bottom three.

But we are missing Henderson, Mane and Coutinho might not start.

Funny ole game is football, if we go out and beat them (any way at all) we'll be in a great position before Arsenal and Utd kick off. If we draw or lose than we're left wondering ........

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Augeo wrote: »
    On the face of it we should be beating Southampton without too much trouble. They've only scored 39 goals and are 18 points behind us, 7 above the bottom three.

But we are missing Henderson, Mane and Coutinho might not start.

Funny ole game is football, if we go out and beat them (any way at all) we'll be in a great position before Arsenal and Utd kick off. If we draw or lose than we're left wondering ........

Coutinho trained Friday so should be fine.

That's great.......... both Coutinho & Lallana starting would be good.

I'm hoping the front 6 is
    Can wij llalana
    Firmino sturridge coutinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I'm hoping the front 6 is
    Can wij llalana
    Firmino sturridge coutinho

Unchanged team from Monday night.

corwill wrote: »
    Unchanged team from Monday night.

Origi needs to produce something today.

Origi needs to produce something today.

Once we win I'm not overly bothered who produces what :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Van Dijk to bang in an own goal today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Think Origi is very lucky. I'd much rather see what Sturridge can do today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Meh, Sturridge has been equally sh!te any time he's played this season. At least on the bench he can't damage his reputation any further, or if the comments on here are anything to go by it might actually improve.

In other news my kingdom for a full back who'd actually take an opponent on.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Meh, Sturridge has been equally sh!te any time he's played this season. At least on the bench he can't damage his reputation any further, or if the comments on here are anything to go by it might actually improve.

In other news my kingdom for a full back who'd actually take an opponent on.

Don't understand what you mean.

Status quo is very poor.

Why wouldn't you contemplate a change?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Game is screaming out for Lallana

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Game is screaming out for Lallana

Yep, the way they are set up will probably need something good to unlock their defense

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Origi offering absolutely nothing, bring on Sturridge, can't be any worse. Wouldn't mind seeing TAA on the right to add some more attacking threat out wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Once again we are struggling against a side sitting back, klopps biggest challenege for his time here. So annoying watching us here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Lucas for Sturridge and play 2 up top, Sturridge's cleverness could unlock that packed defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lallana for Origi, Moreno for Milner and TAA for Clyne our FB's are offering nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Typical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Clynes a bit sh!te or is it just me, firmino has under hit so many passes today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mignolet dozy and lucky with that late moment.

• Advertisement

Mignolet dozy and lucky with that late moment.

He's in great form, feels invincible :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand top 4 is gone again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Usual rubbish.

Really need United not to win now. Hopefully a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Pathetic from both the players and the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Frustrating how many times we fail to capitalise on good opportunities. We're forever looking for favours from teams around us. Killer instinct is just not there yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

4 games against Southampton this season. 0 goals scored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well I'm fuming I am. Such dozy work from everyone until Lallana and Sturridge came on. Why does Klopp think 20 minutes is enough time?

Now I really am I hoping for a draw in the other match but Utd will win it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

It was never going to be easy

Well Klopp, that's all your fault.

Having to go to a resurgent West Ham now.

I think we are really, really going to regret that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

No urgency at all throughout the 90 minutes.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement