Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Origi's in a poor run of form alright, and as Osmosis said he's really making the frontline static. Obviously Mane would be the alternative with Origi off the bench but with him out its much of muchness between him and Sturridge despite Sturridge looking sharp for 20 minutes.

And going that route I find it unbelievable that Klopp would consider Sturridge an option after his 'performance' against Burnley earlier in the season.

Listen, personal vendettas shoud go arse out window when its crunch time. We have a thread bare squad. If you have 2 options and the choice is Origi or Sturridge its a no brainer who gets picked and thats even before you consider Origis form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Arsenals fixtures aren't as easy as I had thought.

Away to Southampton and Stoke next.

I really don't know what I want.

Edit: sorry, I want the draw but if one team had to win.

murpho999 wrote: »
    .........., first half of the season we were blowing teams out of the water and now we're just barely winning or struggling.............

Mane was key to our early season form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Disappointing performance . Would have preferred a win here and a point v West Ham.

Now we must win our 2 remaining games. Do that and I think we should still be ok.

Maybe it's how limited we are in terms of options off the bench but Klopp makes some really strange decisions sometimes. At HT that game was crying out for Lallana and Sturridge

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

noodler wrote: »
    Arsenals fixtures aren't as easy as I had thought.

Away to Southampton and Stoke next.

I really don't know what I want.

Edit: sorry, I want the draw but if one team had to win.

A draw is the ideal scenario , second to that an Arsenal win .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Our problem of late is starting with a very defensive midfield that has no ability to link well with front 3. Hopefully Lallana can start next time, Sturridge deserves a chance too. I feel if he had more time today we might have won. He done so much in the few touches he had.

It's weird how Klopp waits until 70 mins to make a change unless forced to do so by injury. It's something he could look at in the self improvement area I think.

Arsenal are an absolute pity, they'll get nothing out of this game except a beating I fear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Do you have something again s Sturridge?

You've had a few Bizarre posts today which seem to ignore the last three games completely.

Nothing against him at all, just not a fanboy. His legend is growing the less game time he gets.....again. He looked sharp today, but ultimately produced as much of note as Origi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Augeo wrote: »
    It's weird how Klopp waits until 70 mins to make a change unless forced to do so by injury. It's something he could look at in the self improvement area I think.

Arsenal are an absolute pity, they'll get nothing out of this game except a beating I fear.

Lallana for Lucas at HT was a no brainer......

.............ultimately produced as much of note as Origi.

& the rest of the team, if you look at things in a binary fashion.

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »
    Lallana for Lucas at HT was a no brainer......

But we all knew it wouldn't happen :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

View from the stands....... and it ain't pretty.

That was abysmal. Looked as if Saints needed a point to stay in the PL and we had our feet up, thinking of the beach, nothing to play for.
    First half was a sorry, endless charade of Saints defending deep, happy for us to have the ball, knowing that we'd pass it across in front of them, utterly lacking in penetration or movement.
    In the flesh, it's quite staggering how little intelligent movement we have. As I watched that today, I wondered what formation we were playing but most of all why we needed Lucas, Can and Gini. Can, in particular, was very poor, his use of the ball quite awful.
    As ever we left it late to make changes but I'm surprised Origi lasted beyond HT. On days like today, it's hard to see what he has to offer us. Awful movent, poor touch, unable to hold the ball up. For all the criticism he receives - rightly or wrongly - Sturridge looked lively when he came on, always looked for the ball and looked vaguely threatening.
    Saints were a horrible team, content to sit back, everyone behind the ball, showing little or no attacking intent, time wasting again and again. That said, they got a point today without breaking sweat.
    The basics of our game today were dreadful - our passing in particular was awful. Quite where our high tempo pressing game has gone, I have no idea.
    No Mané, no party today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Sturridge will probably start against WH. A chance for him to show what WH will be buying for next season. Anybody over Origi at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Has been the same since Dortmund, and probably even before that.

Listen, personal vendettas shoud go arse out window when its crunch time. We have a thread bare squad. If you have 2 options and the choice is Origi or Sturridge its a no brainer who gets picked and thats even before you consider Origis form.

They should. It's also a time where need players to pull together for the good of the team, and there's only one of the two i'd choose to do that.

Knex. wrote: »

All the more reason to look at it, lunacy at this level. You'd struggle to find a senior league coach in Ireland with such a seemingly regimental strategy to subs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Mane was key to our early season form.

Yes, we miss him but there is something else going on. Lack of belief coming from defence and lack of creativity and intelligence upfront.

Also, performances like today should put any Coutinho to Barcelona rumours to bed. He's not the game changer that big Spanish clubs would want.

Nothing against him at all, just not a fanboy. His legend is growing the less game time he gets.....again. He looked sharp today, but ultimately produced as much of note as Origi.

That's not true at all though.

Sorry but I definitely remember more shots and contributions from Sturridge than Origi today who was on twice as long.

The problem is that the forwards are not being given good enough chances to score due to lack of creative play from the midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Knex. wrote: »

Rafa used to be the 60 minute man. Lools like Klopp prefer the 70th. Bloody hell after 15 mins you could see changes were needed. Why he persisted for so long with the starting lineup is baffling :(

Sorry but I definitely remember more shots and contributions from Sturridge than Origi today who was on twice as long.

The problem is that the forwards are not being given good enough chances to score due to lack of creative play from the midfield.

You missed to 'of note' part unless you feel a few tame shots have contributed to our pursuit of Champions League football.

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Rafa used to be the 60 minute man. Lools like Klopp prefer the 70th. Bloody hell after 15 mins you could see changes were needed. Why he persisted for so long with the starting lineup is baffling :(

Yeah, this thread doesn't agree on much but Jesus it was virtually unanimous after 25 minutes.

Stubborn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

NukaCola wrote: »
    Sturridge will probably start against WH. A chance for him to show what WH will be buying for next season. Anybody over Origi at the moment.
    Hopefully. It's not that game I'm worried about. It's bloody Boro last season regardless if they are relegated are not by then. We just can't break down the lesser sides at Anfield. At least away from home, the team plays with bit more freedom

Yeah, this thread doesn't agree on much but Jesus it was virtually unanimous after 25 minutes.

Stubborn.

It's been said several times before that Klopp is such a strong believer in his way that he will stick with it for better or worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Can we say that we've given Origi his chances now and play Sturridge instead....

• Advertisement

You missed to 'of note' part unless you feel a few tame shots have contributed to our pursuit of Champions League football.

Well I don't know how you define 'of note'. Probably have to be a goal.

At least he was having a go and I think he would have caused more problems if he had been on longer.

I don't get why people are turning this against Sturridge or even Origi. The team performance and tactics were the issue today, not an individual.

At least he was having a go and I think he would have caused more problems if he had been on longer.

I don't get why people are turning this against Sturridge or even Origi. The team performance and tactics were the issue today, not an individual.

Absolutely.

He made a fantastic run last week and forced gomez into a class save, actually beat players today and got a few shots away.

Shame he didn't get as much time as Origi.

Not turning against Sturridge at all here. As I have said he looked sharp today. I'm just not buying into this mindset where the more time he spends on the bench the better he gets in the eyes of people on here. We've been through this all before a few years back. When he's been on the pitch this season for any decent amount of time he has mainly been sh!te (much like Origi recently), that's the Sturridge we have now.

Not turning against Sturridge at all here. As I have said he looked sharp today. I'm just not buying into this mindset where the more time he spends on the bench the better he gets in the eyes of people on here. We've been through this all before a few years back. When he's been on the pitch this season for any decent amount of time he has mainly been sh!te (much like Origi recently), that's the Sturridge we have now.

Its a perverse way of looking at it.

He looked quite good in two sub appearances but no point trying to play him longer cos he'll just be as sh1t as Origi

Strange logic.

For me, he's a better option than Origi and that's all we can go with, who is available to play.

I also think a sharp and fit Sturridge is a class player but his best days may be behind him.

• Advertisement

Arsenal helping us out now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Arsenal helping us out now.

big time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Arsenal winning is the second best outcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

You can't trust arsenal to hold a lead. They're as prone to falling apart as we are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Well looks like Arsenal is the competition now. 7 points behind us with 2 games in hand. They have...

Southampton A
    Stoke A
    Sunderland H
    Everton H

I can see arsenal winning their last four.

A result at West ham could be vital.

Wed pretty much be there now had we won today.

I can see arsenal winning their last four............

Not a hope IMO.

Part of me wants to see them throw it away for a draw, part of me wants to see someone end the most underwhelming unbeaten streak in history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

AAAArsenal are gooooonnnaaa getttttt you!

Not a hope IMO.

Southampton and Stoke away will be challenges but this will give them a filup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Fecking sickned about today once again we mess up at home, if we won today and Arsenal go on to win, that's top 4 all but secured. now we simply have to win our remaining games, Arsneal could easily win all remaining matches. Also our chance of finishing 3rd is also gone could well get a very hard playoff draw and not even make the CL. if we fail to get top 4 given the results against the top sides this season Klopp should rightly come under serious pressure.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    AAAArsenal are gooooonnnaaa getttttt you!

You should bet your forum access with someone on it.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I want this to be a draw, and Utd to not win next weekend either. That is our easiest path. Utd win today was the worst result, that probably won't happen now though, but Arsenal could still somehow end up with 4th as I doubt any of us trust Liverpool to win their last 2 games. I hope Utd at least get a goal back to reduce Arsenal's goal difference as it could come down to that.

Obviously at this point, win our last 2 we're good, but we probably won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Would prefer a draw in this game and United look like they can't do that :(, or may need Everton to do something on the last game of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Would prefer a draw in this game and United look like they can't do that :(, or may need Everton to do something on the last game of the season

Everton won't be doing us any favours anyway. If Arsenal drop points it'll be in the next two away games. They'll win the last two at home.

Well looks like Arsenal is the competition now. 7 points behind us with 2 games in hand. They have...

Southampton A
    Stoke A
    Sunderland H
    Everton H

Maybe wait until the final whistle.

To be fair to them the Everton thing isn't by choice, they're just not very good.

Win our last 2 games then it won't matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Win our last 2 games then it won't matter.

Yea West Ham away another team Liverpool have struggled against in the past few seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Isnt it awfull that we cant be rellied on to win our last 2 games,why do we have to make everything so fcuking hard,we really do need massive changes nxt year,not just playing staff but fcuking ideas as well

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement