Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Its fairly ridiculous that they can't send a proper squad over here for one game, where they have a very big fanbase and many who travel to games regularly. Instead the yanks or the Chinese get the pleasure.

Probably not coming over becuase we're all barstoolers and post during matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

sahla would be a terrific buy for us imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Right at this moment Mane is our most important player this stat kind of backs that up.
    Liverpool score a league goal every 39 minutes when Sadio Mane is on pitch compared to every 71 minutes when he is not.

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/861830287260561408

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I think its mostly due to the fact that Mane is massively direct and just seems desperate to score/ make a goal at all times. Half the rest of the team faff about while Mane just grabs a game by the neck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

You could sell Coutinho for 50M but you'd have to spend 30M to replace him and even then there is no guarantee his replacement would be as good as him. It's a different matter if he kicks up a stink looking for a move but I'd be hesitant to just say sure let him go. Look at the money we'd get. Eventually you can't keep selling your best players year after year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I think its mostly due to the fact that Mane is massively direct and just seems desperate to score/ make a goal at all times. Half the rest of the team faff about while Mane just grabs a game by the neck.

Yeah, it's not even all his pace. He just isn't afraid of ****ing up. He's brave.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Right at this moment Mane is our most important player this stat kind of backs that up.

Helps when he's missed so many games since Christmas when our form went to sh!te & our form since then has been up and down so much Arsenal could make up ground on us.
    Don't get the discussion about Coutinho going, it's not like we can afford or attract someone better. He's about as consistent as anyone in the team & he's far more reliable to deliver than the likes of Can or Wijnaldum ever will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Vicxas wrote: »
    As much as i love Coutinho, he is not Luis Suarez. So why in gods name would they pay Suarez money for him.

The bastards didn't even pay Suarez money for Suarez. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

The club are having an awards thingy tonight...Mane got Players Player of the season and Trent AA got young player of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Vicxas wrote: »
    As much as i love Coutinho, he is not Luis Suarez. So why in gods name would they pay Suarez money for him.

The posts have shifted since then though. Prices have gone up another 20% easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We could end up buying a crocked defender for 50m and selling Coutinho for 50m .
    WOuld be typical Liverpool to over pay and under price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    The posts have shifted since then though. Prices have gone up another 20% easily.

Yup.

We would be absolutely stupid to accept 50m.

Stones cost 50m.

Luiz cost 50m.

We clearly didn't get the right money for Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

We could end up buying a crocked defender for 50m and selling Coutinho for 50m .
    WOuld be typical Liverpool to over pay and under price.

We're not that bad, remember how cheap we got Coutinho for. Suarez as well when you think about it.
    noodler wrote: »
    He is trying to get a team into the champions league with strikers from the lower half of the table playing ahead of him in fairness.

He has virtually no foil.

Giroud, Ibra, Costa, kane, Lukaku, Aguero, etc.

It's been three years since he had someone playing ahead of him he could could release through on goal due to their skill/pace.

Firminho is there, he's not bad.

I'm not advocating that we sell Coutinho; he's important to us.

I just think he needs to improve before any club will pay £75-£100m for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Fabio Cannavaro 1.76m (Ballon d'Or winner) and Franco Baresi 1.76m say hello!!

ah i'd just like our center backs to score more goals from corners... to break down the crap teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

murpho999 wrote: »
    I really wouldn't put Coutinho in the bracket of £75-£100m player.

He's not consistently enough a game changer to put him in the bracket of Suarez, Messi, Ronaldo or even Aguero,

Performances like last Sunday is where you would want somebody to step up and produce a piece of magic and win the points but it doesn't happen enough with him.

I really doubt Barcelona would want to spend ridiculous money on him.

prices have gone up for players ever since the Pogba fee was paid ...

mada999 wrote: »

Something stinks alright

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

mada999 wrote: »

More to do with the huge increase in TV money, although you may just have been having a bit of a dig at them,in which case carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

You could sell Coutinho for 50M but you'd have to spend 30M to replace him and even then there is no guarantee his replacement would be as good as him. It's a different matter if he kicks up a stink looking for a move but I'd be hesitant to just say sure let him go. Look at the money we'd get. Eventually you can't keep selling your best players year after year.

I don't wanna sell him. I'm just saying if he is sold we shouldn't be expecting record fee's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Christ on a bike you really are a Debbie Downer! He was also three years younger in a new league. How about comparing Coutinho with Sturridge now?

Haha yea I really am ðŸ˜

Seriously though sterling was way younger than him and playing better.

I just think oppositions teams don't see coutinho the way we do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Coutinho isn't really worth anymore than 50m.

So why don't we just keep him, he doesn't give off the impression that he wants to leave.

It's not anything like the Torres, Suarez or Sterling situation. To me this is all just silly paper talk.

Mr.H wrote: »
    Haha yea I really am ?

Seriously though sterling was way younger than him and playing better.

I just think oppositions teams don't see coutinho the way we do

There's only 18 months between them. Much of a muchness who was playing better. I think most would probably agree Coutinho was more central to the team at the time.

In a team with better players around him, he'll play better - that's the type of player he is, he's very much limited by the runners he has to work with.

Both Sterling and Couts are great though, and if Sterling was still 19 years old, and leaving us now, he'd cost more than he did then.

But regardless anyway, we shouldn't be even considering selling unless some incredibly stupid offer came in. Just no need to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

We're not that bad, remember how cheap we got Coutinho for. Suarez as well when you think about it.

Firminho is there, he's not bad.

He ain't, he ain't fast though, he doesn't always play up top and double figures is more his usual - not 20 a season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

I don't think barca are in the financial position to buy coutinho. The contracts of msn, the new stadium and the bad spending during last summer. You'd think two wing backs would be more important for them and a verrti type player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Here's one for Harry.

Set pieces are sufficiently chaos, as is tradition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Let's not forget Coutinho's spent this season out on the left wing pretty much alone as Milner's not exactly running the overlaps all game. He gets defenders doubling up on him every time he's on the ball, another reason Moreno might actually benefit the team.

• Advertisement

Let's not forget Coutinho's spent this season out on the left wing pretty much alone as Milner's not exactly running the overlaps all game. He gets defenders doubling up on him every time he's on the ball, another reason Moreno might actually benefit the team.

I do wish that people would realise that Moreno is of no benefit to the team and that's why he hasn't been playing.

I would say his Liverpool career is almost over.

I do wish that people would realise that Moreno is of no benefit to the team and that's why he hasn't been playing.

I would say his Liverpool career is almost over.

He offers effectively nothing in defense, but in games like last weekend, he at least brings natural width, and a natural left leg.

Milner plays for the same reason Can and Lucas have been playing together - Klopp has been erring on the side of caution. But I think it's a solid point that Moreno would give an extra dimension on the attack. Wouldn't play him against a good team, but in these 70+% possession games, it's worth a shot imo.

If we go into the Boro game needing a win, for instance, i'd rather see Moreno at LB. (and if we did that, i'd actually rather see Milner at RB)

He offers effectively nothing in defense, but in games like last weekend, he at least brings natural width, and a natural left leg.

Milner plays for the same reason Can and Lucas have been playing together - Klopp has been erring on the side of caution. But I think it's a solid point that Moreno would give an extra dimension on the attack. Wouldn't play him against a good team, but in these 70+% possession games, it's worth a shot imo.

If we go into the Boro game needing a win, for instance, i'd rather see Moreno at LB. (and if we did that, i'd actually rather see Milner at RB)

What he offers going forward is cancelled out by his inability to defend as he can cost you goals. Remember his first priority is to defend.

There's a reason he's been ousted out of the side by a midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What he offers going forward is cancelled out by his in ability to defend as he can cost you goals. Remember his first priority is to defend.

There's a reason he's been ousted out of the side by a midfielder.

This is it right there. Moreno should be embarrassed at having James Milner keeping him out of the team. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, who knows.

Moreno will get one decent move back to La Liga where he'll spend a couple of years at the likes of Villarreal or something and then when he gets booted out of there he'll get comfortable at the likes of Granada or Gijon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

In for salah again according to the rags. We seemed to have a lucky escape the last time we missed him but he CV is different now and he sounds like a good addition

• Advertisement

sword1 wrote: »
    In for salah again according to the rags. We seemed to have a lucky escape the last time we missed him but he CV is different now and he sounds like a good addition

I don't know about that... would have been a very useful and needed addition for us at the time. Who knows, could have been the extra factor to have put us over the edge that season. Which is likely why Chelsea bought him. They didn't want, or need him then, they just wanted to stop us getting him. Barely played him for the few months he was there, before loaning him off out again and selling him off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Suarez's ban post World Cup contributed to his fee being lower than his value, the scamp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It supposedly put Real Madrid off a bid but I'm not sure they'd be dissuaded by underhand tactics and biting!

Suarez was looking to be a player that misdemeaners might result in a perennial ban.......... if not a longer term one.

Once he nibbled in two leagues and the World Cup his value had to be effected. He was looking to be a dirty little nutter tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Knex. wrote: »
    Here's one for Harry.

Set pieces are sufficiently chaos, as is tradition.

That was class :)

Mignolet will.no doubt be looking over his shoulder with Moore playing so.well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I don't know about that... would have been a very useful and needed addition for us at the time. Who knows, could have been the extra factor to have put us over the edge that season. Which is likely why Chelsea bought him. They didn't want, or need him then, they just wanted to stop us getting him. Barely played him for the few months he was there, before loaning him off out again and selling him off.

Absolutely. He's been great since he got to Seria A as well. Was fantastic in the Europa for Fiorintina a couple of years ago too.

He can be a bit inconsistent with his end product, for sure, but he's a game changer that I'd love to have in the squad. His pace and directness alone would be a great addition.

I can't imagine Roma wanting to sell for anything less than big money, however. If we could jump in for Nainggolan as well, that would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Should include Sakho in a deal for Salah. Roma will very likely be losing Manolas in the summer.

Hope Arsenal don't batter S'ton tonight.

Augeo wrote: »
    Hope Arsenal don't batter S'ton tonight.

Looks the type of game that Arsenal could slip up on as they are inconsistent this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Looks the type of game that Arsenal could slip up on as they are inconsistent this season.

And the Saints at home are no slouch either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

You should all be prepared for Arsenal to win their last four games. I am anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    You should all be prepared for Arsenal to win their last four games. I am anyway.

I would not be surprised in the slightest if Liverpool, Arsenal, City and United all drop points in the remaining games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Arsenal win tonight & i would be worried about getting Top 4.
    We could easily drop points against West Ham & even Middlesboro who are ok defensively & we cannot create any chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Arsenal have 7 points from 30 in their last 10 away games.
    They need a serious reversal of their away form to take max points from their next 2 games.

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Arsenal have 7 points from 30 in their last 10 away games.
    They need a serious reversal of their away form to take max points from their next 2 games.

The whiff of CL football might spur them on, it's not spurring us on though seemingly.

The whiff of CL football might spur them on, it's not spurring us on though seemingly.

Why do you say this? Last 5 games won 3, drew 1 lost 1.

Arsenal are where they are because they have been poor and we can easily win our last two games.

Why do you say this? Last 5 games won 3, drew 1 lost 1............

Last 3 games...................... Lost, Won, Drawn
    4 points from 9 as we get to the business end.

That's why I say that.
    ....we can easily win our last two games..............

A goal up at home to CP, you'd file that as we can easily win too no doubt :)

Last 3 games...................... Lost, Won, Drawn
    4 points from 9 as we get to the business end.

That's why I say that.

A goal up at home to CP, you'd file that as we can easily win too no doubt :)

Well you can use stats whatever you want. We have won our last 3 games as well.

If they can play well against West Ham we are more than capable of beating them and I would be very confident that they will beat a relegated Middlesbrough at home.

Well you can use stats whatever you want. We have won our last 3 games as well...............

Dunno what stats use would facilitate that :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd start Moreno his pace and willingness to get to the byline and cross a ball into the box is needed more now than his lack of defending skills.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement