Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Augeo wrote: »
    murpho999 wrote: »
    Well you can use stats whatever you want.  We have won our last 3 games as well...............

Dunno what stats use would facilitate that :pac:
    Think he means away

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

BeepBeep67 wrote:
    Arsenal have 7 points from 30 in their last 10 away games. They need a serious reversal of their away form to take max points from their next 2 games.

How did they creep up on us with that form.
    Honestly I think we'll get 4 points from our next 2 but Arsenal won't won the 4 games to jump us.....hopefully. I'd be very nervous if they won their next 2 before we play on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

ERG89 wrote: »

We've sorta been doing this with points...

Andythrowingconfetti.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

ERG89 wrote: »
    Honestly I think we'll get 4 points from our next 2 but Arsenal won't won the 4 games to jump us.....hopefully. I'd be very nervous if they won their next 2 before we play on Sunday.

They didn't really, after the Leicester defeat at the end of Feb, Ars were 25-50 and Liv 26-49. Since then Ars 9-13 and Liv 10-21.

Arsenal will need to take maximum points from their last 4 games to be in with a chance (imo), the markets have them evens for tonight and odds on for the last 3 games, so not impossible, but I wouldn't bet on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Has anyone read the Guardians Premier League Ineptitude Index for this season? Liverpool score low (second only to Chelsea) until the last two sections and essentially those two sum up why Liverpool might not make the CL

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/10/premier-league-teams-ineptitude-index-hull-city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Augeo wrote: »
    Dunno what stats use would facilitate that :pac:

Ha yes...left out the vital word 'away' there.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Has anyone read the Guardians Premier League Ineptitude Index for this season? Liverpool score low (second only to Chelsea) until the last two sections and essentially those two sum up why Liverpool might not make the CL

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/10/premier-league-teams-ineptitude-index-hull-city

Didn't think there was much off field incompetence other than the usual headscratching transfer business.

I mean we've come a long way from Kenny wearing Suarez t-shirts.

Didn't think there was much off field incompetence other than the usual headscratching transfer business.

I thought the last two items were about blowing a two goal lead and goal keeping errors directly leading to a goal conceded, must have been wrong, anyway.

I see a couple of articles have appeared regarding Mo Salah and Oxtail Chamberpot, it's starting to appear that Brandt is now a non starter (he talked about being a guaranteed starter at Leverkusen "its a given") so the club are moving on or moving back to one of those who got away. I've not seen anything of Salah since he moved to Italy but he's been shining for Roma by all accounts. Of course there is an obvious issue - him and Mane will both play AFCoN every two years plus they are both mainly right side even if Salah is left footed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I thought the last two items were about blowing a two goal lead and goal keeping errors directly leading to a goal conceded, must have been wrong, anyway.

I see a couple of articles have appeared regarding Mo Salah and Oxtail Chamberpot, it's starting to appear that Brandt is now a non starter (he talked about being a guaranteed starter at Leverkusen "its a given") so the club are moving on or moving back to one of those who got away. I've not seen anything of Salah since he moved to Italy but he's been shining for Roma by all accounts. Of course there is an obvious issue - him and Mane will both play AFCoN every two years plus they are both mainly right side even if Salah is left footed.
    You forgot the little problem of us having to buy from an Italian club.

Bar Coutinho, its been a litany of disasters.

Very expensive disasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Knex. wrote: »
    Here's one for Harry.

Set pieces are sufficiently chaos, as is tradition.

Brilliant!
    The geggen press is already in them.
    I think I spotted one who might have the defender gene.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Which outlet are linking us with Salah and Chamberlain? Another one for the spoof filter.

Chris Bascombe in the Telegraph, if it had been EastSleepFootball I wouldn't have mentioned it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

What an absolute pile of bollocks that article is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Sanchez you bollocks.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

noodler wrote: »
    Sanchez you bollocks.

Inevitable. They'll get 4th yet, as they so often do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

5starpool wrote:
    Inevitable. They'll get 4th yet, as they so often do.

They get 4th as per usual, then united get a spot with a europa cup win. What a crap end of season that would be....

They get 4th as per usual, then united get a spot with a europa cup win. What a crap end of season that would be....

I expect nothing more than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Arsenal have Everton on the last day of the season would they throw the game to stop us getting top 4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

God I've an awful sense of foreboding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Arsenal shouldn't even have had a sniff. That's on us, and if we dont make it, serious questions should be asked through root and branch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Arsenal look to have nabbed the 3 points to keep them in the hunt .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Arsenal have Everton on the last day of the season would they throw the game to stop us getting top 4?

Guaranteed they will put in minimal effort. Lukaku won't want to get injured before his Summer move. Certain Arsenal win.

Fcuk! Why do we always do this to ourselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Hopefully Stoke can do something against them, but from here if Liverpool can't take 4th then they have no one to blame but themselves and I am not confident they will get those 2 wins to get it.

They beat Stoke they'll get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Would be some bottle job to lose out to Arsenal given they were almost completely out of it not long ago. Would mean Arsenal winning their last 5 games and us dropping points to Palace, Southampton and probably West Ham during the run-in. With two of those games at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Hopefully Stoke can do something against them, but from here if Liverpool can't take 4th then they have no one to blame but themselves and I am not confident they will get those 2 wins to get it.

Well we've been relying on teams taking points off Arsenal, United & at times City. Time for the team & especially Klopp to do something themselves. West Ham will fancy playing us I imagine but we have to win or its out of our hands yet again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

daithijjj wrote: »
    Arsenal shouldn't even have had a sniff. That's on us, and if we dont make it, serious questions should be asked through root and branch.

Careful now, people round here don't like it when the sentence "serious questions​ should be asked" is used.

God 73 points and an improvement on last season will mean **** all if we finish fifth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It's 'serious questions' time again. :rolleyes:

Fairly annoying though that Southampton will turn up against us but not the smaller teams.

noodler wrote: »
    God 73 points and an improvement on last season will mean **** all if we finish fifth.

Improvement doesn't count for sh1t if we don't make CL. We all know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Hopefully the London stadium is better to Liverpool than the Boleyn ground has been in recent years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

daithijjj wrote:

Careful now, people round here don't like it when the sentence "serious questions​ should be asked" is used.

As disappointing as it will be if we miss out on top 4 after the position we were in, I think that next year will be the one that Klopp can be truly judged on. He would have had 2 summer windows and plenty of time to get to grips on our squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Turtyturd wrote: »

Fairly annoying though that Southampton will turn up against us but not the smaller teams.

Yip, it's definitely not liked around here. No questioning allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Still in our hunds . West Hum is must win.
    Would love to see table since Jan 1st . We really have thrown title away, 2nd place away, 3rd place away, and now we're on to throw 4th away too.

• Advertisement

They certainly did show up.

You watch the game?

It'll be 5-0 if they need to win. Everton would probably play in flip flops.

We let them turn up, we let Palace turn up. Look inwardly once in a while. 3 points against either of them at home isn't exactly asking the world of a club our size. If people think it is then they don't have any standards for the club quite frankly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I understand questions being asked tbh.

At Christmas we had something like a 99% probability of top 4. We've collapsed horrifically since then, and our only good performances have been against Spurs and Arsenal, really.

With no other competitions to worry about, not achieving top 4 from that position is practically shameful.

Have Liverpool lost the next last two games yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Is that a question being asked?

As disappointing as it will be if we miss out on top 4 after the position we were in, I think that next year will be the one that Klopp can be truly judged on. He would have had 2 summer windows and plenty of time to get to grips on our squad.

It'll be pathetic if we don't finish top 4 as far as I'm concerned. We've been there since we beat Hull on September 24th, had nothing but the league as a focus since January and couldn't have cherry-picked a more convenient set of end of season fixtures against 4 teams with absolutely nothing to play for.
    Genuinely, I don't get the 'But we've accrued more points' argument as it's worthless in a season when 4 other teams possibly accrue more than us and it's undoubtedly been one of Klopp's goals since the beginning of the season.

Klopp's a fine manager and I'm excited about what business we'll do in the summer, how he sets us up next year and who our targets are. We've shown improvement in many areas but, equally, we've stagnated in others and regressed in some. We can't judge Klopp until the end of next season but Top 4 would be a minimum requirement next season and it'd be bloody nice to get our hands on some silverware.

I still think we'll get Top 4 by the way. Arsenal have momentum but they generally don't fancy away trips to the Brittania and I think we'll do enough to beat West Ham, leaving a relegated Boro on the last day of the season. I mean, a defensive bottom half of the table team - what could go wrong?

Overall though, no Top 4 this year would have be considered a failure.

Knex. wrote: »
    I understand questions being asked tbh.

At Christmas we had something like a 99% probability of top 4. We've collapsed horrifically since then, and our only good performances have been against Spurs and Arsenal, really.

With no other competitions to worry about, not achieving top 4 from that position is practically shameful.

And I absolutely don't see the problem in admitting that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

You must have read my mind. No point losing our minds because Arsenal won a game...we'll lose our minds if we end up throwing it away. It's still in our hands.

No, just the West Ham one.

:P

Maybe im reading posts differently to others but the whole proviso of whats being talked about is....... 'IF WE DONT QUALIFY FOR THE CL'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If you're imagining us not losing you've no standards for the club.

Don't worry people. I'm fully on board the likely eventuality bus, wherever it might be taking us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Mig
    Clyne Matip Lovren Milner
    Lucas
    Winji CAn
    Lallana Firmino Coutinho

Team for the second half
    Mig
    Clyne Matip Lovren Milner
    Winji CAn
    Lallana
    Sturridge Firmino Coutinho

Beat west ham and we are sorted
    Stoke have full team and their last game of the season a few ex liverpool players should do us a turn
    Spurs will spank united

It is down to us. If we **** up the I there will be serious questions asked.
    This is a west ham team that are safe that have just come off a big derby win so they should not be at 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

If we dont make top you could argue it will be the 4th year in a row we bottled it

- 2014 Chelsea
    - 2015 Man utd at home, Villa FA Cup
    -2016 2nd half of Europa final.

We often underform when we are favourites in crucial games.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement