Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

murpho999 wrote: »
    If we had won our last 4 games against them would you be any more confident .......

Yes
    Current form is the true barometer.

Current form, they are 9 points from last 5 games, we are 10 from last 5 games. Not much in it, we might actually have to win, they're tight at the back lately, only conceded 2 goals in 5 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Arsenal won't lose to Sunderland and I wouldn't trust Everton to help us out last day of the season if it comes down to it. Arsenal play Stoke on Saturday, we play West Ham on Sunday, their result determines what we have to do. Assuming we can beat Boro, we have to also at least match whatever result Arsenal get against Stoke when we play West Ham.

Hard to assume we'll even beat Boro tbh. This team is its own worst enemy right now, and the last day of the season usually does funny things to a few teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Hard to assume we'll even beat Boro tbh. This team is its own worst enemy right now, and the last day of the season usually does funny things to a few teams.

I'm fairly confident we'll beat Boro. They'll be down by then and I just can't see them holding out if Liverpool absolutely need the win.

I think it's all on West Ham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It seems we only paid Hoffenheim £6m for Fun Bobby and his agent got the other £23m.

Oh to be a football agent.

Bobby gets £25k a goal for the first 5 he scores then it jumps £45k a goal 6-10 goals then £65k 11 to 15 goals and then £85k from 16 - 20 goals..

Bobby gets £30k an assist.

He earns over £1m in bonuses this season so far on top of his £69k a week wages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

It looks like Fun Bobbys transfer will be looked at after Pogbas but all the interest is on the Hoffenheim side of the transfer.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/roberto-firminos-liverpool-transfer-under-10399011

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

No wonder he takes his shirt off!

480,000 in goal bonus so far this season (assuming a reset)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

It looks like Fun Bobbys transfer will be looked at after Pogbas but all the interest is on the Hoffenheim side of the transfer.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/roberto-firminos-liverpool-transfer-under-10399011

"The Brazilian is on a basic wage of £68,085 a week at Liverpool"

Lovren cant believe his luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

How the hell does a club get 6m and the agent 23m?!

That's an absolute piss take. Without remotely thinking about the feasibility of it, I want that stamped out of the game.

Surely it made no sense for Hoffenheim to sell him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

That's the sort of thing you hear about with third party ownership in South America*, the club sells off shares in the player before a transfer to generate funds so they don't actually get much of the transfer fee in the end.

*Not that this can be the case here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

What exactly have Spurs bottled?

Ah now you would have had to of been born yesterday not to remember Spurs bottling 4th every season up until last. How many seasons did they almost pip Arsenal to a top 4 only to bottle it in the end. Again last season they bottled the league.

I mean ffs we have bottled many things ourselves but the point stands. We need to grow to f%ck up and stop with the excuses.

Beating West Ham is needed. Champions league sides wouldnt be s&itting themselves about these games but for some reason we are.

If we miss top 4 its because we were not good enough and to be honest if we keep this mentality then we dont belong in the CL next year and will just get knocked out in the playoff (if we dont get 3rd)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

It seems we only paid Hoffenheim £6m for Fun Bobby and his agent got the other £23m.

Oh to be a football agent.

Bobby gets £25k a goal for the first 5 he scores then it jumps £45k a goal 6-10 goals then £65k 11 to 15 goals and then £85k from 16 - 20 goals..

Bobby gets £30k an assist.

He earns over £1m in bonuses this season so far on top of his £69k a week wages.

I don't see anything wrong with a highly incentivised contract like this one. It beats giving someone like Sturridge a huge weekly wage and having him not turn up season after season. I bet if Sturridge's contract was weighed this way we would have seen him on the pitch alot more often over the years.

mormank wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong with a highly incentivised contract like this one. It beats giving someone like Sturridge a huge weekly wage and having him not turn up season after season. I bet if Sturridge's contract was weighed this way we would have seen him on the pitch alot more often over the years.

No that is the right way to do contracts I believe.

It's also the only way we can compete at this time with clubs that can throw out £250k+ a week wages.

It's an interesting look into the world of transfers and wages really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

No wonder Bobby was so upset when Lallana missed his sitter against City, cost him 30k.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

I'm sure Sturridge and all of the players are on similar incentivised contracts.

I'm sure Sturridge and all of the players are on similar incentivised contracts.

Well Sturridge is also on like double Firmino's base salary.

NukaCola wrote: »
    "The Brazilian is on a basic wage of £68,085 a week at Liverpool"

Lovren cant believe his luck!

Lovren should be on a contract that every fcuk up you make you lose 25% of your weekly wage that might stop him Billy Big Balls it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Lovren should be on a contract that every fcuk up you make you lose 25% of your weekly wage that might stop him Billy Big Balls it.

"-675%?"

"Well done, Dejan, we couldn't build this new stand without you."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

corwill wrote: »
    "-675%?"

"Well done, Dejan, we couldn't build this new stand without you."

Bit harsh lads has not done much wrong in fairness to him. I dont think he is good enough to be a starter but he has been good for the most part this season

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    Bit harsh lads has not done much wrong in fairness to him. I dont think he is good enough to be a starter but he has been good for the most part this season

Yerra I'm only joking. Not a great effort, fair enough. Didn't give 110%, there.

corwill wrote: »
    Yerra I'm only joking. Not a great effort, fair enough. Didn't give 110%, there.

Had a Lovren with that one :P

Had a Lovren with that one :P

-25% thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Just watching the Utd Vs Celta Vigo match. I reckon that guy Sisto would suit Liverpool. Plays out wide, has lots of pace and some great dribbling skills. He's young too. He would give us width and pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Just watching the Utd Vs Celta Vigo match. I reckon that guy Sisto would suit Liverpool. Plays out wide, has lots of pace and some great dribbling skills. He's young too. He would give us width and pace.

Reminds me of Mane. But he doesn't have a great goalscoring record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Knex. wrote: »
    How the hell does a club get 6m and the agent 23m?!

That's an absolute piss take. Without remotely thinking about the feasibility of it, I want that stamped out of the game.

What needs to be stamped out Knex is people not taking the time to understand what's being written and then jumping on the bandwagon to cry foul!!!

What the article actually says is "according to Football Leaks: The Dirty Business of Football, Bundesliga side Hoffenheim received just £5.8million of the fee, with the rest going to owner Dietmar Hopp's company Transfair."

Hoffenheim only owned a piece of Fun Bobby. The other co-owner (and based on the numbers the majority owner) was a company called Transfair who BTW were NOT referred to as also being his agent or anyones agent in the deal for that matter.

LFC offered €29m to the owners of Fun Bobby to buy out his contract at Hoffenheim. The offer was accepted and the fee was split between the owners of Fun Bobby in accordance to their relative ownership of him or some other formula they had built into their shareholders/ownership agreement. Nothing unusual about that at all in many parts of the world. I think non football club ownership of players is frowned upon or possibly banned somehow in England but I believe it's common enough elsewhere. Wasn't that the issue around Tevez and Masch when they arrived in the UK?

Makes for a good headline if you don't bother to understand the detail.

Nothing to see here. Don't fall for the clickbait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

GiftofGab wrote: »

Why are you watching that rubbish hoof ball for get it over to BT Sport 3, Lyon 3 V 1 Ajax 10 mins to go and it is 4-5 on agg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Why are you watching that rubbish hoof ball for get it over to BT Sport 3, Lyon 3 V 1 Ajax 10 mins to go and it is 4-5 on agg

I can't understand why you all aren't watching the semis of the European song contest. Do Ireland go through to the europavision song contest if we don't make the finals? What happens if Utd win the europa and Ireland finish fourth in the Eurovision?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I can't understand why you all aren't watching the semis of the European song contest. Do Ireland go through to the europavision song contest if we don't make the finals? What happens if Utd win the europa and Ireland finish fourth in the Eurovision?

Turned it to the United game as soon as the Lyon game ended to see Herrera dive and fall about lol turned it straight over to Eurovision then come on Ireland lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

OwaynOTT wrote: »

What I can say is that if we don't win the title next season, what's another year?
    Eh? Eh?

Sorry, I'm logan off now.

Turned it to the United game as soon as the Lyon game ended to see Herrera dive and fall about lol turned it straight over to Eurovision then come on Ireland lol

:pac::pac::pac:

Thanks lads!!

• Advertisement

United won a game I guess?

Nope!

Mark Noble the latest West Ham player out for Sunday. Opting for early surgery.

Don't think he's a great player but he is a leader/shouter/organiser for them.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Is Carroll out as well?

5starpool wrote: »
    Is Carroll out as well?

Ogbonna, Antonio, Noble, Koutaye, Obiang and Sakho all definitely out for the Hammers.

Reid and Carroll doubtful.

Would definitely prefer to see Big Andy not on the field, Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

23,000 posts m8s, and never once a dip in quality

9445c1a758cc81a4dad44528c3104b6b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Ogbonna, Antonio, Noble, Koutaye, Obiang and Sakho all definitely out for the Hammers.

Reid and Carroll doubtful.

Would definitely prefer to see Big Andy not on the field, Sunday.

That's some injury list. If we can somehow take Lanzini out of it before Sunday...

Antonio is a good player, I'm glad to not have to face him. Pacy and tricky - one that would cause us problems, I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

That's some injury list. If we can somehow take Lanzini out of it before Sunday...

Antonio is a good player, I'm glad to not have to face him. Pacy and tricky - one that would cause us problems, I'm sure.

Season defining match upon which everything hinges. Opponents with an injury list as long as your arm and little to play for. Hmmmmm, deja vu anyone?

I think we'll win Sunday though.

mosstin wrote: »
    Season defining match upon which everything hinges. Opponents with an injury list as long as your arm and little to play for. Hmmmmm, deja vu anyone?

I think we'll win Sunday though.

It's a massive game and I'm absolutely bricking it.

Won't be making a prediction. And I'll probably watch from behind the couch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Us the last few days reminds me of this:

• Advertisement

Unfortunately without Mane and less so Henderson we seem to be so far off our early season capabilities.

It's a coin toss if we beat west ham IMO. If it looks like we have to on the day than its worse again I feel.

Lallana coming back helps us massively. If we start Sturridge over Origi we could also improve our attack over recent weeks. If we cant beat that WH team I'd be more than disappointed. 5 games is the longest they've gone unbeaten this season, and theres a good reason for that.

NukaCola wrote: »
    .................. 5 games is the longest they've gone unbeaten this season...............

ah stop..... tempting fate there :pac:

Augeo wrote: »
    ah stop..... tempting fate there :pac:

If it becomes six we dont get CL IMO, nothing I say will change that..........but to counter it I think there's absolutely no way we win against WH and they should have an easy time going 6 unbeaten..... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I hope the squad have more confidence and less doubt than the majority of posters here.

I hope the squad have more confidence and less doubt than the majority of posters here.

Time will tell........ if Arsenal drop points on Saturday we might never know :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

We'll end up with the same points, GS and GD as Arsenal. In a playoff with them. Lose to a controversial goal in injury time, possibly involving a beach-ball. Relax, we've been here before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Firmino and Lucas are doubts

Maybe that Dutch loud mouth was right.

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    Firmino and Lucas are doubts

**** it, lads, I'm gonna root out my boots and just turn up. Decent shot at the bench at least.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement